• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 65
Posts: 65   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 29896 times and has 64 replies Next Thread
Bia
OceanMaster

Re: Co-operative Puzzle Design Discussion Reply to this Post

For the bonus rounds, is it allowed for the co-op puzzle proposal (at least for foraging) to introduce new items? I do believe this would be necessary...

Given that the developers are currently unsure how foraging would need to be changed, it is very difficult to give any guidelines for what a foraging puzzle should or could be like.
----------------------------------------
[Mar 23, 2008 6:59:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

For the bonus rounds, is it allowed for the co-op puzzle proposal (at least for foraging) to introduce new items? I do believe this would be necessary...

Given that the developers are currently unsure how foraging would need to be changed, it is very difficult to give any guidelines for what a foraging puzzle should or could be like.

But considering it is a multiplayer puzzle, I believe it would most likely happen to need variability between players aside from their skills...

Foraging would definitely affect the economy... I believe adding a few recipe for additional items would help balance it...
<-- My avatar no longer reads: Everyone Wants to be a Pirate Even Avatarless Forumer

...soli Deo gloria...
[Mar 23, 2008 7:24:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spuddite

I am strongly of the opinion that construction should be a co-operative task.

Construction usually occurs to benefit a flag, not simply an individual. Therefore, why shouldn't it be that the flag has to contribute to the construction?

As for foraging, it is a task in game that can be done either individually or with other people. I quite enjoyed the GCPP Nibbler proposed puzzle. It could be played quite effectively solo, yet more rewards could be reaped by working together.
Taff
[Mar 26, 2008 10:43:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

Hi, I haven't read the whole forum and I'm new to the work of Puzzle Design so I apologize if I am being redundant.

I love non zero sum as a concept.

Reading this thread, building on each other's moves has been mentioned but not expansively elaborated on. I think it is possible to be BOTH competitive and cooperative. There are plenty of situations where I can win a little by beating you, or win a lot by working with you as I look out for myself first but you second. Ingenious/Einfach Genial is a fantastic example.

This is the game
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/9674
which you can try playing for free on BSW.

What is not obvious from that review is that I can can best help myself by helping you, or at least not getting in your way. By capitalizing on what I have done, you allow me to exploit what you have done. Its a win/win situation. Until someone is a bottlestopper and ends the cluster by blocking with a different color.

Ingenious is, however, more competitive than I think we are going for? Personally, I like the tension in Ingenious but it is a one person wins game. I think changing the way pieces are received from random to a share cycle, as the person who mentioned people asking for ? and trading a $ brought up, is one way to tweak that. If there is an open pool of pieces every oooooh 3 (whatever) placement turns, then the shortsighted person could grab all the blue and only get a good score. Because there is limited time, area and turns and they can't build on other's people's placement even if the other people aren't blocking them. Or the group can make sure everyone has some blue and everyone could get a much better score.

Yes? No?
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
[Apr 3, 2008 2:10:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
Dadagnos2

Hello mates!

I was just overthinking a new puzzle and searching for the rules / limitations to which it should apply. I've got the impression these notes are widely shattered throughout our forums... Alltough I seem to remember having seen a page which described it all some years ago. Does anyone know how to get some oversight in this matter?

Sincerely yours,

Dadagnos
Dada holds the one and only peanut!

PS. Why do english speaking people refer to peeing as to "taking a piss" instead of "giving a piss"?...
[Aug 4, 2011 12:16:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 65   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates