• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 151
Posts: 151   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 32331 times and has 150 replies Next Thread
Candiice

Re: Pirate Paparazzi - Win a Red Monkey! [Deadline Feb 18th] Reply to this Post

Would something as a little thong showing be appropriate or would it be too much? *Not saying I'd draw it, just wondering.. O.o*

LilCandi~
----------------------------------------
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Jan 20, 2007 8:12:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

Would something as a little thong showing be appropriate or would it be too much? *Not saying I'd draw it, just wondering.. O.o*

LilCandi~

Hmm, I just reread the rules and so I say I doubt it. Yay for answering my own questions. :D

LilCandi~
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Jan 20, 2007 8:13:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Do we acctually have to find one of the OM's somewhere in the game to get get a snapshot? Or can we make our own art?

You should not attempt to get an actual screenshot of any OM for this contest.

You are required to create your own art, though it can cut-and-paste from other images. If you choose to use cut-and-paste art, I recommend the OM portraits you can find on their wiki pages as a starting point, or even make and appropriately dress a character at Quid Pro Clothes, for a more in-game look than a portrait.

The OMs and developers have no actual role in this contest, other than to be the objects of playful ridicule, so please do not follow them or otherwise contact them with regards to this event.
Hiding from Hades on Hunter

FO of Flocktarts on Hunter
Exiled Captain of Pod People and Queen of Stalkers on Cobalt
Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 20, 2007 8:15:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

LilCandi wrote: 

Hmm... If you can see it on network television, it's allowed. That means thongs are ok. Just make sure all of the vital spots are covered.

And I now have official word on claiming prizes on Opal!

Apollo wrote: 
Winners in global events run by players are welcome to claim their prizes on Opal. However, there are some limitations on which OM-provided prizes can be claimed there. We will not distribute English language prizes on a non-English ocean.

This means that unlabelled prizes (familiars, rare furniture, uninscribed trinkets, 'mundane' items) can be claimed on Opal, and labelled prizes (ships, inscribed trinkets) cannot be claimed on Opal.

So, if you want a prize on Opal you must list a secondary English ocean as well, since you may win a prize you cannot claim on Opal. Flower and ribbon trinkets will be inscribed and must be claimed on an English ocean, as must the renamed sloop. All other prizes from this contest can be claimed on Opal.

Also, because this is global events, regardless of where you want your prize, your entry must be in English. The judges are not on the whole fluent in other languages, so I will be forced to disqualify non-English entries.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 20, 2007 8:29:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mibshubby

I assume that you don't want any explanations coming in the email with the cover work. Nothing should be too obscure or 'inside joke' that the judges will not understand it without an explantation.

For instance, if my headline refered to something that happened in my crew or even locally in the real world I'm sure that whomever the judges are they will not have heard of it so I would have to explain. You don't want this, correct. If it related to some particular incident then it should be well know.
Mibshubby on Hunter, Malachite, & Sage

I have been diagnosed with ADOS - Attention Deficit Oooo Shiney!
[Jan 22, 2007 10:17:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mibshubby [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

I assume that you don't want any explanations coming in the email with the cover work. Nothing should be too obscure or 'inside joke' that the judges will not understand it without an explantation.

For instance, if my headline refered to something that happened in my crew or even locally in the real world I'm sure that whomever the judges are they will not have heard of it so I would have to explain. You don't want this, correct. If it related to some particular incident then it should be well know.

Correct - your entry shouldn't require an explaination in order for judges from any ocean to understand it. I won't disqualify anyone for sending an explaination to me, but I won't be sending anything but the cover image on to the judges.

As for including references to real-world happenings - if the happening is well-known enough (Beckham coming to play soccer in LA, Clinton running for president, etc.) it should be fine. Keep in mind, though, this is a YPP event, so while you can borrow from real-world headlines, you should make sure your final creation is primarily a YPPP tabloid.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 22, 2007 10:48:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shamsik

Oh yeah im so in!=))
[Jan 22, 2007 11:17:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StoneKrush

just a query about the size of the sent image,
as I have spent the last 4 days working my fingers to nubs creating my font page, and was just about to resize the finished document to the specified size, when I came across a dilema... What is the actually limit on the size? as the original post quotes:

Entries should be between 250 and 750 pixels per side.

Am I to take this as the maximum size, either in Height or Width, is 750 pixels, which in my case causes alot of loss in information.

If this is so would it be possible to send the full size one with it, or would this be a waste of time, and get discarded?
SALMON from Cobalt- on Shanty Raidio
The Cross-Dressing Pirate
Salmon says, "Ahoy again"
Cleaver says, "Hello scumbag"

[Jan 22, 2007 11:44:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.shantyraidio.com/    ShantySalmon [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

just a query about the size of the sent image,
as I have spent the last 4 days working my fingers to nubs creating my font page, and was just about to resize the finished document to the specified size, when I came across a dilema... What is the actually limit on the size? as the original post quotes:

Entries should be between 250 and 750 pixels per side.

Am I to take this as the maximum size, either in Height or Width, is 750 pixels, which in my case causes alot of loss in information.

If this is so would it be possible to send the full size one with it, or would this be a waste of time, and get discarded?

Please send your image resized so that no side is longer than 750 pixels.

I understand that some programs cause information loss upon resizing, so you can also send me your full-size image and I will resize it with the few programs I have to see if one of those minimizes the information loss you are getting. If one of my own resizings looks better, I'll pass it on to the judges instead of your smaller image.

750 pixels is the maximum per side (meaning the max size is 750x750) because this is about as big as you can get and still fit on a normal 17 inch monitor without shrinking or requiring the judges to scroll their windows.

I don't mind trying to help - the contest isn't about who has the best image-shrinking software - but in order for the judges to properly assess an image, they have to be able to see the whole image at once, not portions as they scroll around.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 22, 2007 12:12:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Just a note from BYOF experience: I highly recommend sending the attachment instead of linking. Several BYOF entries were disqualified because the links to images were "dead", or the images themselves were in a password-only photobucket, or whatever else. If you attach the file, you can be reasonably sure Fava gets it. If you just link to it, you can't be.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Jan 22, 2007 12:35:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Just a note from BYOF experience: I highly recommend sending the attachment instead of linking. Several BYOF entries were disqualified because the links to images were "dead", or the images themselves were in a password-only photobucket, or whatever else. If you attach the file, you can be reasonably sure Fava gets it. If you just link to it, you can't be.

PTG has a good point here - if you choose to send a link instead of an attachment as a couple of people already have, please make sure your link is externally viewable without a password.

I will send a pair of confirmation emails. The first is an autoreponse letting you know your email got through to me. The second will confirm that your entry is valid and has been saved to a folder in on my own computer. (Or, if you were missing something, I'll let you know what you are missing.)

This second email confirming validity may not get to you in time if you submit your entry close to the deadline, though, so please carefully read through the rules and be sure your entries are complete if you work until the last minute.

I am hosting all entres for the judges, so once you have the second confirmation email, you no longer need to host your own entry.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 22, 2007 1:16:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
unseenshadow

Can you be the one in our entry? or does it have to be another OM?
Peglegphil on the Sage Ocean
[Jan 23, 2007 7:12:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Though I am not a Ringer, I will allow you to use me and my beans in your entries. Please do not use other non-Ringers, though, other than yourself if you need a player character in your story.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 23, 2007 9:48:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Though I am not a Ringer, I will allow you to use me and my beans in your entries. Please do not use other non-Ringers, though, other than yourself if you need a player character in your story.

Erm... do multiple alts count?
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Jan 23, 2007 9:55:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Erm... do multiple alts count?

As long as you're not going to get upset that you're making fun of yourself, you can use as many of your own alts as you'd like. You can also completely make-up non-existant players.

The main character(s) in your headline should be Ringers, though.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 23, 2007 10:04:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dom1n8rx

I'm not sure if Foil has to post separately, but we've officially granted Ricecakesy permission to use us in his Tabloid. I'm not sure why our permission was even required... you think they ask TomKat if they can post about whether or not Katie's become a stepford wife, or if their son is actually an alien love child with their Llama, Humphreys? What kinda tabloid are you peoples trying to run here anyway!? ;)
*~*Charisma*~*

Charisma says, "who's death flag of doom? lol"
Foilistc says, "No idea"
Charisma says, "well we dec'ed war on them"
Foilistc says, "Oh yeah. That was just because"
[Jan 23, 2007 7:38:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dom1n8rix    dom1n8rx [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

I'm not sure if Foil has to post separately, but we've officially granted Ricecakesy permission to use us in his Tabloid. I'm not sure why our permission was even required... you think they ask TomKat if they can post about whether or not Katie's become a stepford wife, or if their son is actually an alien love child with their Llama, Humphreys? What kinda tabloid are you peoples trying to run here anyway!? ;)

Well, Tom Cruise doesn't have feelings that can be hurt anymore. Not since his brain melted on Oprah's stage, anyway. =P

Foil need not post separately here. I know you two come as a package around these waters. Thanks for letting me know. You guys are good sports.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 23, 2007 8:32:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barbarossa5

This is going to be my first event and I intend on going all out on ths to win. But how many people have sent in their projects yet, and how many people do you think will do this event?
King Of Dead Man's Legend
-Captain of Dead Man Walking
[Jan 24, 2007 9:05:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

Can we do more then one subject in the tabold?
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Jan 24, 2007 2:11:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Barbarossa5 wrote: 
This is going to be my first event and I intend on going all out on ths to win. But how many people have sent in their projects yet, and how many people do you think will do this event?

I expect plenty of competition for a contest of this nature. I can't guess at the final number of entries. I'm looking forward to seeing yours, though!

Ray_Leo wrote: 
Can we do more then one subject in the tabold?

Yes, you can include headlines and, if you choose, pictures for secondary stories. Just be sure that one headline stands out as your tabloid's feature.

Real taboilds generally have a feature headline and a few smaller headlines for other stories on their covers, so you can mimic this style with your entry.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 24, 2007 6:13:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karlathemex

thanks for this here event. im still pondering what OM to use for my entry. just wanted to say muchas gracias :)
pazy on midnight
[Jan 24, 2007 7:03:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barbarossa5

Well my account got wrongfully banned today and Im trying to get it unbanned. If I were to win a prize what would happen. would I accept it on another account or hopefully my account gets unbanned.
King Of Dead Man's Legend
-Captain of Dead Man Walking
[Jan 24, 2007 7:07:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Well my account got wrongfully banned today and Im trying to get it unbanned. If I were to win a prize what would happen. would I accept it on another account or hopefully my account gets unbanned.

I cannot award prizes to banned pirates. If you enter and your account is still banned at the conclusion of judging, you will be disqualified because I cannot deliver your prize.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 24, 2007 7:25:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
superskippy2

I was wondering if the Valid entries received thus far will be posted in this or any other thread minus the pirate names of course (similar to how the piratey lovesong II contest is?? this way we can all see the tabloid fun and also so we can guage the competition?
Oceanus says, "Jeru wins"
Oceanus says, "But I don't know what"

I have 3 Ureters

Jeru - Sage Ocean
[Jan 25, 2007 4:05:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

I was wondering if the Valid entries received thus far will be posted in this or any other thread minus the pirate names of course (similar to how the piratey lovesong II contest is?? this way we can all see the tabloid fun and also so we can guage the competition?

Entries will not be revealed to the public until after the submission deadline.

There are several reasons for this:

First of all, I don't want comments about any entries bothering the contestants. Though I trust my judges to be impartial regardless of comments, many people believe that someone can sabotage an entry or otherwise influence judging with public comments in the forums.

Secondly, while many people may come up with similar ideas independently, there are others who are happy to steal ideas and make derivative entries. By keeping all entries secret until after the deadline, I and the judges can be certain that no entry is a derivative of an earlier entry, even if there are similarities.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 25, 2007 7:16:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
superskippy2

makes sence thanks for clarifying
Oceanus says, "Jeru wins"
Oceanus says, "But I don't know what"

I have 3 Ureters

Jeru - Sage Ocean
[Jan 25, 2007 10:26:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eviltwigster

I am a bit confused about all the pixels and stuff, so will i be able to just post, and if it is to big, it wont win?
Bozie says, "whats a hooker?"
Abstrax says, "O.o"
Pinke laughs uncontrollably
Pinke says, "its a flavor of ice cream"
Abstrax says, "did he just ask whats a hooker?"
[Jan 26, 2007 6:10:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

I am a bit confused about all the pixels and stuff, so will i be able to just post, and if it is to big, it wont win?

Entries that are too large will be disqualified. The maximum size is 750x750 pixels, though you can make your picture smaller if you choose (and it need not be square).

Also, please do not post your entry. Posting publicly will disqualify you. Entries should be sent in an email as described in the opening post.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 26, 2007 10:47:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
odeliya06

Can it be funny or should it be something the could happen in real life?
Mah god! I've been gone so long they managed to fix the edit button, eh?
[Jan 27, 2007 1:39:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.dollia.10x.co.il    DolliA06 [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Can it be funny or should it be something the could happen in real life?

Funny is highly encouraged. Realistic is also ok, but realistic and funny is likely to score more points than realistic and mundane.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 27, 2007 2:20:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 151   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates