• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 992 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
DonCarnage

forum breakdown and suggestions Reply to this Post

at risk of too much tinkering or annoying the staff - some forum suggestions:

a new forum for commodity and market and hiring stuff
a forum dedicated for each crew (could stay in the which shall be captain forum with other non-market in-game stuff)
a lounge forum for non-game discussion (who saw the full trailer for pirates of the carribean!)

other simple UI suggestions for the forums:

i don't think there needs to be an 'add a poll' option for every message you write

make the submit button on the bottom very large in comparison to other buttons

links at the bottom of threads for next and previous topics instead of only at the top

perhaps links on each page you're on to every forum (game design, which shall be captain, and questions questions currently) instead of just to the one you're already on

just suggestions
:)
----------------------------------------
Not everything I think is something I should say...
[May 27, 2003 12:28:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Stock system Reply to this Post

The forum software we're using is pretty off the shelf, and we're unlikely to spend a lot of time customising it further.

One of the big reasons is that we suspect that we're going to have to replace it to finish our eventual plan -- which is exactly that, forums for each Crew (access controlled, to boot) and Flag. So, that's on the list. I think we can handle OOC pirate stuff in the which shall be captain forum for now.
[May 27, 2003 3:36:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates