• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3291 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
micklauer

Kingpriam's Treasure Hunters: Fool's Bloomers [find it by Jan. 15th, 10am PST]

Midnight Treasure Hunters:
Fool's Bloomers

I will recall this treasure by Jan. 15th, 10am PST

Please read the rules thoroughly before posting

~*~Fool's Bloomers~*~

This prize came with a petition from it's previous owner. And while the details are somewhat pointed and circular, the basic jist was this:

Pirate X says: "I just won these, and now I can't display them. I mean, I'd give them away to a mate who could use them...but...why aren't these showing up in my trinket section of the booty...bah! And what sucks is that I know these flowers must be expensize, too...even if it isn't shiny! Help please!"

----------------------------------

What is the treasure?

What color is it?

Please explain your reasoning...
----------------------------------------
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Jan 13, 2007 9:48:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sara_Sparrow

Re: Kingpriam's Treasure Hunters: Fool's Bloomers [find it by Jan. 15th, 10am PST]

The treasure is a laurel and it's white.
I say this because a laurel is a piece of clothing that you wouldn't be able to wear or display, and white because of your "Bah."
Sarahsparrow of Cerulean
Captain of Barnacle for Brains
Lady of Riot

[Jan 13, 2007 11:05:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discojack

Re: Kingpriam's Treasure Hunters: Fool's Bloomers [find it by Jan. 15th, 10am PST]

~*~Fool's Bloomers~*~

This prize came with a petition from it's previous owner. And while the details are somewhat pointed and circular, the basic jist was this:

Pirate X says: "I just won these, and now I can't display them. I mean, I'd give them away to a mate who could use them...but...why aren't these showing up in my trinket section of the booty...bah! And what sucks is that I know these flowers must be expensize, too...even if it isn't shiny! Help please!"

I just won THESE (plurial) ? maybe just for flowers
I know these flowers: FLOWERS (flower trinket? Lauriels? crate o spice or crate o herbs.
Expensize with a Z? coincidence I think not. Expand size maybe so a size bigger. Clothing comes in sizes so Lauriel
It isn’t shiny: aint shiny alright but must have more meaning in it…
Why aren’t these showing up in my trinket section? Furniture? Clothing? Crate o herbs n crate o spices n lauriels miscelaenous if X is a dude
Id give them to a mate who could USE them but… female item?? Lauriel ?
Scoring board
Lauriels: 4
Crate o herbs: 2
Crate o spices: 2
Lauriels
N we need a color

Not shiny but expensive black? Or is there a between the lines hmm

in the end i llgo for

tresure? Lauriel

color? Black/black
When God gives you lemons
Find a new God!

Viprince
[Jan 13, 2007 11:22:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hotwoofer

What is the treasure? laurel

i think i'll just go with laurel too..
bloomers refer to female clothing, so is a laurel.
and it is circular and pointed in the picture.. like a crown of thorns.
flowers = laurel

What color is it? lime / violet

just a guess from the misspelled words.. jist and expensize.
that would give u letters l and v.
[Jan 13, 2007 12:12:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

What is the treasure? a pair of bloomers, because A) it's in the name of the treasure and B) it sounds flowery but isn't.

What color is it? I'm going to go with gold. Or yellow. Fool's Gold isn't real gold, so maybe yellow makes more sense. But he's already a fool, so he doesn't need to be fooled by the color, too. So I will go with gold after all. I guess. Whatever.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 13, 2007 1:07:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discojack

>< posted too early without thinking (me knows the real 2 colors now but just cant post twice)---->RULES
i ll be there next time
When God gives you lemons
Find a new God!

Viprince
[Jan 13, 2007 1:37:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rubbaduck

Ok, its a grey and violet laurel.

A laurel because it consists of flowers but isn't a trinket.
The words jist and expensize are miss-spelled. The letters missing are G and V. There are two colours beginning with G, Grey and Gold. Since it's not shiny it isn't gold.
The only colour beginning with V is violet, so the laurel must be grey and violet.
Rubbaduck
Captain of Tubby Toys on Ice

- Small, but dedicated
[Jan 13, 2007 1:58:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whedonella

A black/gold laurel.

The details are circular - like a wreath - and pointy - like spiky leaves. They are a flower (bloomer), which is usually a trinket, hence the pirate who won them's confusion. If male they may not even be in the clothing section of his booty, but the little used and often ignored miscellaneous!

The colours are in part because the pirate knows that it is expensize (sic), but also because of the "bah", kind of a bah, humbug thing to say which always makes me think of coal in the stocking - therefore black, and the fool's in the treasure's name, like fool's gold. Also the pirate mentions that it is not shiny which suggests that another item in those colours (i.e. gold) might be.
Whedonella, Pirate of the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer of Piracy by Design
Princess of Pandora's Box
[Jan 13, 2007 1:59:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quickslvr

What is the treasure? laurel

details are pointed and circular, it has flowers but it's not a trinket --> pointing to a laurel, pirate is probably male

What color is it? black / violet

"bah" --> something a sheep would say, so one could be white or black but white is cheap so one color is black

"expensize" --> misspelling might be deliberate, the only color that begins with v is violet
[Jan 13, 2007 6:29:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

~*~Fool's Bloomers~*~

What is the treasure? A laurel

What color is it? green flowers/violet cloth

"pointed" - refers to nettle, the flower used for green dye

"circular" - a laurel is circular, of course

"can't display them" / "won't show up in the trinket section" - must be a male pirate, so he can't wear them, and they would appear in the Misc section of the Booty tab

"jist" and "expensize" - intentional typoes (for a change!) and the letters should be "g" and "v" for "green" and "violet"
Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Jan 13, 2007 6:44:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

~*~Fool's Bloomers~*~

The details are somewhat pointed and circular
If this means anything, it's probably regarding the treasure. Hmphm... so, what has pointed and circular (details)...

Pirate X
Don't really know a pirate with a one-letter name... But... (just keep reading)

I just won these
These? It's plural... So, it's not a festive fir which is pointed and circular... He won it? It's probably an award... Yeah, a trophy, a plaque, but most probably a trinket... A pointed and circular trinket...

and now I can't display them
It's an award that should be displayed...

I mean, I'd give them away to a mate who could use them
So, it's suppose to be useful... Or, at least, more useful that what it is...

why aren't these showing up in my trinket section of the booty
What?!! Not trinket!

And what sucks is that I know these flowers must be expensize, too...even if it isn't shiny!
Flowers? What I know of flowers is that they are for decorative purposes... Expensize? Don't really know if that was a typo, but I believe it suggests it would take you full effort just to have it... (Ye know, if you'll read it expecting it to be expensive, it'll be read a expen-seize) even if it would not shine (that's probable how valuable it is)...

(twelve years later... lol...)

Eureka!!!

What is the treasure? Crossed swords

What color is it? natural/default

It's pointed and circular because of the sabers in it...
That's why it came from Pirate X... Ye know, cross...
Well, it's obvious that's its name is plural... These treasures are awarded only to the well-deservings...
It should be displayed to show ones extraordinary bravery...
The swords could have been useful (if only they could be pulled... like Excalibur kinda thing, perhaps... :P)
Not a trinket 'cause it's a furniture...
Flower because it's termed as decoration... And it is awarded for extraordinary leadership which is more significant than glittering bling-blings...

(phew)

Alvan of the Midnight

<-- My avatar no longer reads: Everyone Wants to be a Pirate Even Avatarless Forumer

...soli Deo gloria...
[Jan 14, 2007 2:00:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

What is the treasure? Roses (trinket)

What color is it? Yellow

1) pointed and circular: The thorns are pointed, and the rose petals are circular.

2) why aren't these showing up in my trinket section of the booty: The pirate didn't expand their trinket section, so it is only showing their current trinket. The roses are indeed in their trinket section, but they aren't currently visible. The misspelled word "expensize" is supposed to be a clue for "expand size", which is how the pirate can find the roses.

3) I think the misspelled word "jist" was a mistake. KP has misspelled "jist" at least once before this event .

4) And what sucks is that I know these flowers must be expensize, too: Roses are expensive, as this Midnight bazaar post shows .

5) The roses are yellow, because "Fool's Bloomers" is a reference to "Fool's Gold", and Fool's Gold is yellow.
Bug: Fix the multi-row sprinkles in Rumble

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Jan 14, 2007 8:27:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

3) I think the misspelled word "jist" was a mistake. KP has misspelled "jist" at least once before this event .

I think I should point out that, in that case, it was spelled correctly: "Jist" meaning... well... the general idea.

Just pointing out ;)
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Jan 15, 2007 5:21:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

I think I should point out that, in that case, it was spelled correctly: "Jist" meaning... well... the general idea.

Just pointing out ;)

Now I'm confused. Are you implying that "jist" can be a correctly spelled word?

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Jan 15, 2007 6:57:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

No, its just a different misspelling. The word he is referring to is actually "gist".

-- Fey
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Jan 15, 2007 9:15:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

...what?

I'm getting a headache.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Jan 15, 2007 12:57:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

No, its just a different misspelling. The word he is referring to is actually "gist".

-- Fey

KingOfZeal said "in that case, it was spelled correctly ", so I think KingOfZeal believes "jist" is a correct spelling for "gist"?

I am so very confused now.

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Jan 15, 2007 1:28:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

-- Fey

KingOfZeal said "in that case, it was spelled correctly ", so I think KingOfZeal believes "jist" is a correct spelling for "gist"?

I am so very confused now.

Then my job here is complete.

On a side note, for some reason, I thought for sure that the target word was just, not gist, and, believe it or not, dictionary.com does define JIST as a word. Nevermind that it's an Acronym for Juneau Information Service Technology, Joint Imagery Soft-copy Trainer and JSF Integrated Subsystems Technology.

Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Jan 15, 2007 2:00:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

But what if the correct word is just or jest? Hmm....lol
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jan 15, 2007 2:05:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelia

I'm going to guess a laurel that is yellow/yellow

A Laurel for flower that a male pirate cant wear and cant put in a trinket case that it round and pointed.

And yellow fo it being fools gold but not shiny.

Ry.
Ryanne.

Buying:

Kraken Blood 11k, anywhere on the Midnight side of Cerulean.
Furniture in LE colors (spring green, ice blue, wine, banana, plum etc) - 10k each unless its a large piece of furniture, send me a tell.
Black CI trink
[Jan 15, 2007 8:33:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Midnight Treasure Hunters:
Fool's Bloomers

I will recall this treasure by Jan. 15th, 10am PST

Please read the rules thoroughly before posting

~*~Fool's Bloomers~*~

What is the treasure?

What color is it?

Pointed and circular, like discussions on my misspellinggs of werds! I love it!

The true Fool's Bloomers, is embodied in the black/black laurel. A crown of black flowers that some poor pirate thought he could share with the world...but instead was forced to toss it to the winds...Luckily, I knew it's worth...and decided to keep it with my other goodies.

Dispite my not understanding everything Discojack said...what I could make out, made sense...and while he obviously wanted to change his answer...you can't...and you didn't...so lucky you...you win the prize.

Runners up (for various reasons)...Rubbaduck: Some Grey/Violet pants. Whedonella: Yellow/yellow Laurel. Kargach: Green/Violet pants. Boothook: Tools (and that's not an insult...tools are useful <3).

I think one more; then the biggie is on the way!

Keep your eyes open!

KP

PS. Expensize was the only intentional error...Jist, I've just always spelled wrong...though jest is nice too...
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Jan 16, 2007 2:07:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

One more Runner up: Alvan...sorry...it's late..you win a stack of scrolls...to help inspire you to keep comin' up with entertaining answers! And correct ones, too...the two are not exclusive.

kp
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Jan 16, 2007 3:14:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

Tnx a lot for this great idea of hunting...

Honestly, I'm aware of the consolation prizes for no-right-but-could-be-right-ideas answers... And I'd rather share a unique answer than receive something that could easily decay (and besides, I've got no close female pirate friend who needs a laurel...)

Btw, I posted this to thank you for admitting that misspelled word... Coz all along, I thought you were some kinda superiority-complexed treasure-huntng pirate... Sorry 'bout that...

Thanks again... Enjoy... :'P
<-- My avatar no longer reads: Everyone Wants to be a Pirate Even Avatarless Forumer

...soli Deo gloria...
[Jan 16, 2007 3:34:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Btw, I posted this to thank you for admitting that misspelled word... Coz all along, I thought you were some kinda superiority-complexed treasure-huntng pirate... Sorry 'bout that...

Thanks again... Enjoy... :'P

Awwww...do I come off that way? Well, there's plenty of time to get to know me.

kp
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Jan 16, 2007 5:29:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates