• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 36
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3380 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
BootyLubber

What happened to all the npp's? Reply to this Post

I have a small crew and I depend on having some reliable npp's, what happened to them? I can't compete with the bigger crews anymore. Everytime I set sail, I take a big risk at losing money. Not only are my npp's weaker, the npp ships seem better. The obvious answer would be to use more real pirates, but who wants to stay aboard a ship that's not making money. Now I'm down ta just me and me first mate Jiggly (which if ye knew him ye would understand that's worse then having no crew, har). Are you lads having the same trouble, or should I just hang up my captains hat?
[May 26, 2003 7:36:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    robotcho [Link]  Go to top 
Vixen

Re: What happened to all the npp's? Reply to this Post

I gotta agree here, its really starting to hamper my sailing when I gotta wait on crew members to be on (or friends) to go out and plunder.

I,m either wasting 30 mins scouring the "whole" of Alpha and ending up with a Medicore crew of npp's at best, or I compete with 5 other crews trying to beg a crew to-gether to sail to other Islands to hire resonable help, only to find that the other crews are doing the same thing.

I understand that when the population is scattered about it might balence itself out, at present its cause myself and others more effort than whats it worth.
----------------------------------------
Vixen - Captain of The Black Widows.
[May 26, 2003 8:48:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Well, I be mixed on this har topic. We use a couple of npps sometimes, and it be a problem when we be lookin' fer an expert in a particular area such as carp, sailin', or whatnot. Seems most of em only be good at drinkin! Better be stayin' away from me rum, ye npp slouchin' plank fodders!

On the other hand, I be a'taken with the idea of a lone seadog NOT bein' able to whip up an npp crew that could foil the best trained of crews.

So I would be likin' to see a compromise. Be makin' it a bit easier to find decent npps, but be makin' the exceptional extremely expensive. 5 or 6 ultimate swords should be costin' 4000 to 5000 poe an hour. And if they be good at sailin or carp, go ahead and double it!

Now, on the other hand, ye might let an Ultimate sailor go for 400 or so, so long as they be no better than average at swords. 300 in similar manner fer the carps, and ye can continue to give the bilgers away fer free.

As fer ye problem BootyLubber, I be havin' just the fix fer ye! I can tell ye where to be a findin' able and trained players to sail with all the time. Har, and we can be dressin' Jiggly in the pink officer-in-trainin' rags soon enough!
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[May 26, 2003 9:55:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

NPPs and PPs Reply to this Post

Here at Dread Ringers HQ we engage in many a heated debate about the use of NPPs aboard ships. Just on the way to lunch today Jack and Peghead were telling me, 'We should make it so as ye can only hire 3 of the blighters and field but a small sloop without other real pirates.' and this seems a pretty good idea, although I was quick to put in the defence, 'Clearly lads some folks prefer the ratchet-clanking whirligigs to real folk, if that sort o thing shivers their timbers, who are we ter argue?'

Anyway, when we made the NPPs stop hanging around the docks (hooray) with this release I was keen to make them congregate somewhere -- a room at the Inn seems the obvious place. This would make it easier to find a few that fit the bill, although the days of cycling through NPPs to get all-Ultimates is gone, and I think better without. So we might well make them gravitate to the grog-house, it makes sense. Maybe the better ones would be less likely to have their head in a barrel of rum, so at least ye'd be rewarded for hunting about.

When we were testing this release I crewed a ship with completely random NPPs. It wasn't til I was at sea (and getting nowhere) that I took a closer look and reaslised that I had the most 'able' bunch of landlubbers I've ever set eyes upon. We made poor progress and got pillaged a couple of times by Brigands... but then, while me eyes were elsewhere -- and while the other lads were pillaging up a storm together in search of a successful test of the new map giveaway -- my scurvy lot actually beat down some incredibly inept brigands, without my help, and won a map to boot!

This just goes to show that stranger things have happened at sea.
[May 26, 2003 10:13:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

right now, we need npps Reply to this Post

Personally, I much prefer to be out with my crew of real people - if nothing else because the conversation is so excellent! *smile* However, right now even with as much recruiting as I can do, it's still not practical all the time, particularly if I want to do a trading run, which is not so exciting or lucrative, so I don't feel that I can post for jobbers.

Once there are more people online at any given time, and flags to join crews together, we might not need npps anymore. I would be just as pleased, as the conversation and company are good, and the crew are overall easier to direct (at least when I have the /command command!). Especially as the crew cooperation aspect is one of the most fun parts of this game.

However, currently the best way to make a substantial personal profit, and sometimes even the only way to go sailing, is to utilize a bunch of npps.
[May 26, 2003 1:57:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

I'd agree with that - you can also lose money hand over fist if you take on jobbers without discriminating against new players, who are the people who could do with the jobs.

ATM, you have to have darn good npp's before you can use a space for someone who is not experienced, otherwise you risk ending up with a damged ship, losing all your cash, and them abandoning you when it takes that long unprofitable haul home carpenting. It has happened enough times now for me to not post a notice unless I have several good crew members/npp's aboard already to sail/carpent/fight because the jobbers don't have the experience.

I'm quite happy to take out new players normally, but I can't afford to do it much any more - the only time I make any profits these days are when I have good npp's or a crew on; which even with 2 crews doesn't happen as often as I would like to play. It risks being difficult to impossible to play unless you have several friends online at the time, which would put me off paying a subscription.
[May 26, 2003 2:57:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Arr, I think we had player manned ships in the water 12 or more hours today. And this be average. Maybe ye should come sail with us.

Either way, it shouldn't be a problem if ye join a good crew when the population base goes up. I hope ye don't turn it back over to the NPP-hrin lone cowboys just cuss of a threat of no subscription.
Pennsuedo

[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
Vixen

Cleaver - sorry going out with 3 npp's is asking for a depressing day before you set sail, these brigands have a nose for smelling you out, and when your short handed you can pretty much bet a bah of gold that they aint gonna be the easy ones.

Penndalla - why should smaller crews be forced to give up and join larger crews. If i can have a ship in the water there is more chance of my crew being active than if i am jobbing/working for someone else
[May 26, 2003 6:13:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Hrm Reply to this Post

What if newbies (defined somehow) automagically contributed reasonably well to their duties, regardless of their boochingness?

Somehow this problem of reluctance to take on newbies when pillaging has to be solved... I suspect that this business is the largest problem with the game at the moment, from both sides: experienced players wanting to field good crews and enjoy their Officerdom, and newbies wanting to participate in pillaging but rarely getting a chance.

Answers on a postcard, please...
[May 26, 2003 7:26:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
bakamedic

oh ive... Reply to this Post

realized where all the npps are at: npp tradeships, brigand ships, and worst of all, the navy... note to ringers, make attacking navy ships worthwhile maybe, alot of challenge for so few rewards...
[May 26, 2003 7:42:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

It really is a problem, bringing new players up to speed. We went with the all-officer format to try to help the situation, by giving all crewmates an exposure to all puzzles, thinking that people could pick which puzzles suited them best and work from there. We drew people in and quickly got them working . . .

I don't think it's working anymore. We've been robbed (money taken from the hold), etc. Obviously there are ways around this in-game -- not leaving anything aboard the ship, for one -- but that actually takes away from new players' ability to take a ship out, since they often can't afford to.

I DEFINITELY don't want to take a ship full of new folk out; one or two is best. The risk and cost are too great, both in terms of money and actual fun. I don't even job anymore on ships where I don't know about half the players.

It's in a different context sorta, but I'll make a pitch again for a low-profit non-PVP area. Yeah, there will be people who will do that 100,000 times to get rich. I don't remember if it's "on the list", but this is where the bragging/storytelling game in an old thread would still single out the pirates who actually go out and DO stuff.

A shorter-term version of the above is having something about a character somewhere that says what feats they've accomplished, like merit badges or something, the equivalent of rumor and stuff. I know some players deliberately lose swordfights to keep their ratings low, which of course wouldn't work in real life if people knew they'd recently beaten a grand-master. It would be a challenge to make it NOT another set of stats, but having a something that says ye've beaten skellies, or an Ultimate swordsman, or a Scoundrel-ranked crew at sea would help separate those who play the whole game versus those who stick to the safe route.
[May 26, 2003 11:01:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
dnxthx

Pardon my naivetee, but why would you want to keep your ratings low? The only reason for this I could see is to either trick PPs into thinking that they will beat you easily, or, to have better pickin's at sea. Either way, this seems a rather underhanded thing to do, and one against the spirit of the game. Not that that would stop someone.

P.S. What does ATM stand for? At most?
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[Edit 1 times, last edit by dnxthx at May 26, 2003 11:09:14 PM]
[May 26, 2003 11:09:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

1) That's exactly why they do it.

2) I always thought it was At The Moment.
[May 26, 2003 11:19:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

All fresh off the boat pirates should be able to do one thing well... Bilge. Assuming that they give it a decent effort. Picturing bilging in my mind, it's either pumping the bilge furiously, or bailing water with a bucket... This does not take a Rocket Ship Scientist to do. Making bilging easier would encourage adding one or two new Pirates aboard to help with it, and having them bilge instead of NPP's since they're just as affective.

(maybe make the average NPP worse than the average New Pirate, and good NPP bilgers hard to find?)

P.S. ATM == Automated Teller Machine.
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[May 26, 2003 11:56:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

maybe make the bilge come in a little faster even when everything is fixed... that way you NEED someone there.
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[May 27, 2003 12:04:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

That's actually not a bad idea . . . a real reason to hire newer folk would be to have them on bilge. Having the water come in faster and have the puzzle easier would be a nice trade-off, ESPECIALLY if the crafting puzzle is also going to be bilge-y; you can nerf the actual bilge task to create PP jobs, and still have that puzzle be "challenging" in its craft form.
[May 27, 2003 12:09:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
DonCarnage

back to that notion earlier about the highest end npp's - well i'd think people, especially pirates, who felt they were 'the best' - maybe would refuse to work with one another?

that way, you could hire a grand-master, but then when you attempted to hire another, they would refuse, saying something along the lines of,
"gar, i do not wish ta be workin with that scallywag, he be inept! i beat him five times runnin' - if ye be headin out with him ye be sure to fail!" (pirate arrogance at its best)

this way the best ones are always available
Not everything I think is something I should say...
[May 27, 2003 12:14:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Learning to walk Reply to this Post

Making bilging easier to do, but fill up faster and constantly:

This does sound potentially helpful as far as new-player labor goes. Although it may just move the gap from "No one will let me on a ship" to "No one will let me do anything but bilge." But that's not likely, and a minor issue compared to this. If it's easier to bilge and is constantly needed, won't pillagers just hire crap NPPs that they hardly have to pay for the same work, rather than hire a player that they will feel obligated (and pressured, likely) to split part of their plunder with? It's still a potentially good idea, I just have concerns that it won't solve the problem.

Also the crafting puzzles are not going to be bilgish forever. The current puzzle is just a placeholder.

We are still looking to see if the "Training Ship" can let players acquire puzzle experience before setting off on real crews. If new players use these ships they should be able to build up a good enough rank to entice player captains to try them out. It seems that a lot of new players are just as nervous about letting down experienced players as those experienced players are about hiring new hands. Hopefully the Training Ship can let them cut their teeth before they need to clamp them down on a dagger as they swarm over the rails!

-Nemo
[May 27, 2003 2:20:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vixen

I like Dc's idea, the might help solve the npp problem as well, maybe break them into catogories on A,B,C (with A being the strongest and C the weakest). If you had to hire a C or B forore you could buy an A it would at least make everyone have a spread of npp's rather then one crew has decent and the rest of us have junk.

On the prospect On no-one taking Newbies out
At present its a choice of

1. Unknown jobber - Might Jump Ship, No idea of how ship fights etc (reduced chance of profit)
2. NPP - A crap Npp thats loyal beats the risk of an unknown, maybe even get a good one (as long as NPP can stay in a fight I can turn over at least cost of trip)
3. Someone I know/job with or just heard good things about. (Jackpot, someone who can fight and turn there hands to more then 1 job).

The saying "once bitten, twice shy" applies when its a case of a crew member/friend and myself crawling home because one or 2 jobbers decided to go do something else for whatever reason they see fit and the brigands decided to play payback. Why should my friends "Fun Time" be penalised because of the attitude of someone else?

I realise RL pops its head at ugly times and I would never stop anyone from leaving my boat, but if you made it that thay had to be discharged from service (even a 15 min penalty, wont apply if you rejoin boat to cover disconncts) before they could could board any other ship or take a job it might discourage the invalid deserter.

Jumping ship at present only effects the crew that your leaving in the lurch, and although might be justifyable as nobel by some, I personally would like to see it discouraged.

An option to teleport a random npp (we do it why shouldn't the cannon fodder) fron the docks of any town, or even half way between destinations (steep price or penalty for this, maybe a non combat flag so you couldnt stock up on npp's to slaughter someone) would also help IMO, i know its not perfect but would certainly decrease the inconvenince someone leaving the ship can cause.
[May 27, 2003 2:21:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vixen

Nemo posted as i was adding mine so to add my thought on his idea

would you consider a Pirate training ship?

my idea goes like this (need refining but along these lines)

New buisness - Pirate Training academy

Build a lake on an island with one ship flagged instructors could use. Recruit from existing crews "instructors"

Pirate Bob joins up, asks for help and someone sends him to the academy. Pirate Bob enlists in the academy and it adds him to the crew roll, this IMO would serve 2 purposes

1. Although there could be set times for classes a floating class would have to be arranged to cater for the quieter time zones

2. Would give captains and officers the option of at least the person "seems" keen

The acedemy should hold all basic Pirate Puzzels (bilging, carpentry and sails) so the student could practise.

It should also have 2 ships(see the lake wasnt just cause I like scenic veiws). one that the instructor could staff using the "staff" from the academy and an enemy one that the training ship could engage to enable the crew to get the feel off ship combat.

To take the idea further if you introduced everyone into the game as "Citizens" as a crew name, which changed to "sea dog" (pirate or sailor would do, sure you get the idea) after they have completed the academy.

I know this doesn't stop the true newbie from getting left at the shore, but there a lot more chance of me jobbing a sailor than a citizen.

Just my 2 POE worth (gid job ink be cheap)
[May 27, 2003 2:50:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

We really don't have a problem taking newbies out. I don't doubt that some of ye do. Often, I be wishin' there was a better way fer us to find the newbies, cause a lot slip through the cracks. It would please me fine if ye changed it so all the newbies automatically jobbed to me crew, in fact. But afore ye blast me, I do understand how it could be hard to help the newbies with if ye had a small crew.

MAYBE ADD A MECHANISM FOR INTERESTED CREWS TO ADVERTISE TO ATTRACT NEWBIES (Oh lord, did I just use all caps again? Is anyone hurt?)

Vixen -- I be fully behind ye havin' a small crew. Me hats off to ye, fer I had one once too. But, if by havin' a small crew ye will be winnin' a majority of ye fights against larger crews due to ye npps, well then: Let's be makin' everyone a capt by default and get rid of crews. Then we can all just take boats out full of npps. Me point is, there should be an advantage for large crews.
Pennsuedo

[May 27, 2003 2:51:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

jumping ship Reply to this Post

One option here might be to have someone have to apply to the Captain (or whoever is running the ship) to leave the ship. If the request is not approved, they have to stay on until the next port or for, say, 15 minutes, whichever comes first. If they log off, they stay on as an npp (at low wages or for free) for the required time (or are automatically replaced by an all-able (and cheap!) npp).
[May 27, 2003 2:58:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

NPPs and Newbies Reply to this Post

It seems like the best suggestion so far for solving this problem is to essentially make jobbers and NPPs fluid -- so if you recruit a jobber you can lose an NPP, but get an NPP back as quickly as ye likes should the jobber bail (or get the /plank). I am not unhappy with this prospect.

What do you all think about a limit on NPPs per vessel? Say 3 or 4? In this context, perhaps, it makes some sense.

I am reticent to make it easier to crew all Ultimates again, but the idea that you can get only one good one is quite appealling.

As for the training academy... I dunno. It seems to me that sea battle is best learnt in battle, and the puzzles best learnt in calm on a training ship (existing) or Navy ship (which will also give you the odd battle opportunity).
[May 27, 2003 3:33:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
dnxthx

Anti-Ultimates Reply to this Post

I like the idea of egotistical swordfighters, it's a 'natural' way of limiting the number of high-level NPPs. But, on the other hand, if Ultimate players are harder to find, then isn't seeking out a bunch of them its own (albiet difficult) reward?
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[May 27, 2003 3:37:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Ultimate players Reply to this Post

We're not going to stop you fielding a crew of Ultimate *players*. That's your lookout -- or rather, the rest of the Sea's.
[May 27, 2003 3:45:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
GeneralLabor

I like the Fluid idea allot because it doesn?t strand you with a busted boat and not enough hands to take her home.

I am mixed on the limit of NPP's. The good is that no one can fill a brig and take everything that goes by (since black ship isn't sailing to even the score). The bad is that if I want to do a trade run and can't get pp to go i have no choice but to hire enough NPP's to get my boat there and back, with the understanding that there is higher demand and materials to trade to allow a large vessel to fill its self on a trading run. Doing this I would not like to be only able to hire one good one. Maybe one ultimate per task(sail, carp, bilge) but I should be able to hire a capable crew to get me there and back in a reasonable time and have them capable of defending my goods if I am attacked

As trading becomes more profitable and reliable and crews are more inclined to do such then maybe the limits on hiring would not be a bad thing. Like I said I have mixed feelings....
[May 27, 2003 4:03:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Aye, I really think it be more an issue on limitin' the ability of the npps rather than their number. I wouldn't want to see Vixen left unable to sell a large sloop effectively.
Pennsuedo

[May 27, 2003 4:06:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Penndalla wrote: 
Me point is, there should be an advantage for large crews.

There is - they can take out brigs & large sloops rather than just a small sloop, and get 1500 poe for a win for the same amount of time invested, rather than 300 (or 0!). And they don't use up any of their profits (if any) buying rum & paying npp wages.

I'd agree with Homullus that it is difficult jobbing for other crews, especially if the officers aren't very experienced - you can see the mistakes that they're making, but it isn't your place to comment. It's fun sailing with other people, but not if you can't catch anything and then lose to everything that catches you.

I've taken out quite a few officers from other crews to teach them the rudiments of crew management, sea battle etc if they're having problems - I think that the idea of an "academy" for officers would be great! Unfortunately people still aren't reading the forums & the alpha docs as much as they could, so in-game tutorials may get the message across more palatably. Balancing the different puzzles and attack styles is somewhat personal preference, but explaining how things interact (& why they matter & what the ratings orders are) somewhere in-game would be good.
[May 27, 2003 4:06:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Lots of good ideas here. The training lake sounds like my "safe route", though I'd like for there to be a little money involved. Yeah, somebody could do it 100,000 times, but so what? There are always people who do that sort of thing, and it's not very efficient.

I like the permission-to-leave thing, where an all-able NPP gets ported in when they leave without permission. SOMETHING will still get done.

I liked DonCarnage's idea about NPP ego . . . no Ultimate, Legendary, or Grand-Master will work with another of the same rank in that skill. No hoarding. Note that it's only SAME SKILL . . . unlike Penndalla, I don't have a problem with people setting out with all NPPs if they can afford it. There will soon be enough things to buy and enough jobbers to hire that it won't seem like a great idea to most, and for those few who love it, they can still do it.

What about grouping the NPPs together in random crews? That is to say, have a posting on the Notice Board, saying Pirate Crew Seeks Leader: for a mere 3000 poe an hour (or something, representing the total costs of all NPPs), you can take out (names of randomly-selected NPPs)? Those who want to go it alone can, but only receive a small fraction of the goods (evenly divided among all on board, once NPP costs are subtracted)? New PP's can do so without feeling stupid, as long as they can afford it, have a reasonable chance of defending themselves, and get the hang of it.

Lastly, what about that certain amount of "help" -- automagically, as Cleaver said -- that decreases as the pirate gains experience? New pirates can be guaranteed X amount of helpfulness toward the running of the ship (all duty puzzles), which they can exceed but never fall below. Once they reach a certain point (the next level up in experience, or two levels, or the Ocean average, or whatever), that safety net goes away. If there are intermediate points on this scale, it diminishes as the player gains experience (NOT ranking).
[May 27, 2003 4:10:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Livesey

Forced grouping bad Reply to this Post

A crew of good npps is still the only way I really enjoy making money at this point.

I do enjoy jobbing with a bunch of players, but I'm yet to make more than 100poe an hour that way. Although I'm sure there are all-player vessels doing much better than that, you just can't tell if it's going to be a good run--My biggest complaint with forced grouping has always been this lack of predictablility. With the NPPs, I know that about 20 minutes of searching will get me a good crew, and I can go pillage until I drop. The crew won't have to leave until I do.

I only ever take my NPPs out to hunt 5-man large sloops, so I like a crew of 5 NPPs and myself on a small sloop. Even at that number, I occasionally lose to a really good vessel, so I wouldn't want to take out less.

I would be ok with this being the limit of that playstyle, so long as it remains a viable one. Perhaps make the brigs and war brigs really juicy targets that are only available to groups of players. Maybe you can pillage a "trade route map" which shows you the location of a particularly juicy galleon, and then you gather a bunch of people together to go raid it. In normal raiding practice, the vessels juicier than a large sloop are just too hard to find to make it the bread and butter of pillaging.

-Hethor
-Hethor
[May 27, 2003 4:11:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates