• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1361 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
micklauer

Kingpriam's Treasure Hunters: Golden Tart (?) [find it by Jan 6th, 10am PST]

Midnight Treasure Hunters:
Golden Tart(?)

I will recall this treasure by Jan. 6th, 10am PST

Please read the rules thoroughly before posting

~*~Golden Tart(?)~*~

I was given advice by an old salt on Alpha. I couldn't quite make out exactly what he was saying as he was stonecold drunk after I had bought him about 1,000 or so drinks attempting to acquire some special trophy...I did so to no avail. He learned over and said something along the lines of:

"Folks like them, well, they don't need anyone else...they go where they will, do what they will, no regard for others. Sure, they could take 5 minutes, to be your friend, but who wants to stand beside some fancy-pants jewel-toting lush?!"

As I backed away slowly, in confusion and fear, I heard him muttering, "Ooo, look at me, gold gold gold! Bah! I hate you! Rich shiny tartbowl!"

What is the treasure: _______________

Kingpriam!

-----------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE!
The experiment with the PMing to Paris just isn't doing it for me, I'd rather you all see what the others write. I feel it adds an extra dimension to the game...and it's more entertaining.

Also, from now on, I'd like you to note your reasoning for the answer, regardless if it is a greater or lesser treasure!

Thanks you!

~ The Management
----------------------------------------
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Jan 3, 2007 7:29:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
camdogg

Re: Kingpriam's Treasure Hunters: Golden Tart (?) [find it by Jan 6th, 10am PST]

The treasure is a chalice. Just like what he is complaining about, the chalice allows you to go where you want and play wherever you want on the drinking board. Also, the 5 minutes connects to the extra 5 points you get for placing pieces beside other ones with the chalice. Hence, my answer....

What is the treasure? A chalice!
Yellowshanks
Senior Officer and Drunk of the crew Absence of Motive on Midnight and Angel's of Mercy on Sage
Lone wolf on all of the other oceans of YPP
[Jan 3, 2007 7:31:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

Re: Kingpriam's Treasure Hunters: Golden Tart (?) [find it by Jan 6th, 10am PST]

~*~Golden Tart(?)~*~

I was given advice by an old salt on Alpha. I couldn't quite make out exactly what he was saying as he was stonecold drunk after I had bought him about 1,000 or so drinks attempting to acquire some special trophy...I did so to no avail. He learned over and said something along the lines of:

"Folks like them, well, they don't need anyone else...they go where they will, do what they will, no regard for others. Sure, they could take 5 minutes, to be your friend, but who wants to stand beside some fancy-pants jewel-toting lush?!"

As I backed away slowly, in confusion and fear, I heard him muttering, "Ooo, look at me, gold gold gold! Bah! I hate you! Rich shiny tartbowl!"

What is the treasure: a crown

A crown is made of gold and jewels.

(I actually thinks it's the chalice as well, but that's taken. >8)
Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Jan 3, 2007 10:18:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sara_Sparrow

What is the treasure? Treasure chest

It takes some poe to buy 1,000 drinks. Also has an, admittedly farfetched, connection with five minutes and 5 hours of expert labour. Also, a treasure chest totes around jewels and lots of GOLD.

(Again, I agree with chalice, but SOMEONE decied to take it=P)
Sarahsparrow of Cerulean
Captain of Barnacle for Brains
Lady of Riot

[Jan 4, 2007 1:34:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

And indeed it is a Chalice.

Nice work you crazy drunks!

Tooooooo easy!

Fine then, time to make them hard again!

You can all thank SHanks for shortening the wait for the next Greater Treasure!

:)

kp

PS. from now on, I will stop the puzzles once the puzzle is guessed correctly...however, feel free to keep posting until I see the answer, as runner-ups and honorable mentions abound!
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Jan 4, 2007 4:09:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates