• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1587 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Shorty_Jack

Lucky Number Fundraiser Jan. 6

This is Dark Judgement's Lucky Number Fundraiser! This is the third? fourth? time we are running this event. For those of you that don't know about this fundraiser, you can win lots of prizes ranging from Bandanas to Swords to Ships to Pets to even Avatars.

Here's what to do:
1. Find me at Alpha Dock on Jan 6. Do a /pay command and pay me 1k then guess a number between one and the amount of prizes we have.
2. I will look on my list and the prizes listed by that number is the prize you will recieve!
3. Challenge: If you aren't the first to guess that number that means your prize is already gone and you will recieve nothing.
4. To guess again you have to do another /pay command.
5. You only get one guess per 1k whether it's a winner or loser. No guessing again if you guess wrong.

It's easy right? Pay me and guess that's all! There are quite a bit of prizes for those willing to pay the price (and the price is not negotiable even if you are a greenie). So come and find me to claim your prize(s)!

-------------------------------------------------
FAQs:

Why are you doing this? All the poe will go towards the Dark Judgement flag. The poe will mainly be used for future events and blockades. This fundraiser is not for personal use.

This sounds like a scam. If you honestly don't trust me don't do it, but if you wish to talk to some of the winners last time, you will see this isn't a scam.

How much do you actually keep for yourself and give to the flag? Well to me this is confidental but I will let you know. Last time I spent 60k of my hard earned poe for 75% of the prizes and raised 116k during the event. I gave 116k to the flag. Yes I don't take anything out of what I raised! (Donations are welcomed to this)

Can you list the prizes (out of order of course)? Well it's for me to know and you to find out as I said last time. I will however list some of the bigger prizes as they are given to me.

Do you have a war frig, cause it's not worth it unless there a war frig? I'm going to say this now how much is a war frig? A lot more than 1k and most of the items are worth over 1k as is. We are trying to raise money for the flag not spend it away.

I won a female shirt which I can't wear can I have something else? No. Several participants recieve clothes in the wrong gender, swords they can't use because they aren't subscribed, or even ships when they aren't officer or higher. It's the price of gambling.

Is there a limit on how much we can guess? We used to have a limit of 10 guesses for 10k but have decided to get rid of that. I will however not except huge amounts like 40k or higher which takes the fun away from lots of people.

-----------------------------------------------------

Prize Update:

We are currently at 130 prizes and it looks like we might hit the 200 mark by Saturday. We are also trying to get 5 ships up as prizes but we currently have 2. We also have some trinkets up as prizes including a white starfish.

------------------------------------------------------
For any Questions, Comments, or Concerns please post here, PM me or contact me in game.

- Shortyjack
[sitting on Alpha dock on Saturday]
----------------------------------------
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Jan 2, 2007 12:35:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Re: Lucky Number Fundraiser Jan. 6

Prize Update:

Total - 150 Prizes

Including 3 sloops (some painted), skellie bone bludgeon, white starfish, ribbon, tons of swords, bludgeons, clothes, and furniture!
[Jan 3, 2007 12:18:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Jsweetie24

.....must....stay...away....this....time....I just got out of gamblers anonymous! ;)
Jsweetie of Midnight Cerulean

[Jan 4, 2007 2:38:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

but but Jsweetie you're one of my top customers!!!

Don't make me hunt you down! :P
[Jan 4, 2007 10:27:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Prize Count is up to 160. Come find me on Alpha Docks to win a prize!

Also, for those that don't know this fundraiser, I log off and on so you'll have to catch me when I'm on. :P
[Jan 5, 2007 10:02:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Sorry about jumping around so much today. I just wanted to add I will be continuing this fundraiser tomorrow for the hope of more poe and to get rid of some prizes I still have!!
[Jan 6, 2007 5:40:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates