• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7357 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
imwamphyr

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Muroni gave to me...

That's right. A pirate parody of The Twelve Days of Christmas.

I know I'm late. As some of you know, my husband has been away training for a few months, and leaves this morning for a year overseas. This was my one week with him and I decided to delay the event. Better late than never, right?

Prizes will only be awarded on Midnight ocean, and can be collected whenever I'm online (you can also AIM me at Pirate Muroni, or send a private message to arrange a time).

I've rewritten the song to include gifts available in game. Since we currently can't edit on the YPP forums, this is going to get a bit messy. Each question is going to have to have a new post, and you'll have to scroll through and check for the current question and make sure it hasn't been answered already. Sorry mates. I will be using a red font for questions, so please do not confuse the thread by posting in colors.

Each day represents a different day in the song, and I have as many gifts as that verse of the song says I should have. I'm going to start backwards with 12 of the cheapest gifts, and work my way to day one with only one gift to give. The gifts will get progressively more valuable as the days go. I'll post as many questions as I have items to give out. The questions for each day will all have a similar theme. Some questions you can look the answer up, some you'll know right away, some you'll have to guess, and some will be opinion and I'll simply pick the answer I like best. Some might be puzzles or challenges. Beware, some questions will even be trick questions! Most days I'll post one question at a time. The first person to give the correct answer (or in the case of an opinion question or challenge, the one I prefer), will win one of the day's prizes. Then I will post the next question. However, I should say up front that this format may change. If I find the day is almost over and feel rushed, or if I have many real world plans that will keep me away, I may post several or even all of the questions for the day at one time. I'll still only accept the first correct answer for each question. I'll attempt to post the first question around the very beginning of each day for me (I'm Eastern Time zone, so that is 9pm Pirate time I'll try to post the first question for the next day), but again, this isn't in stone. Should I fall asleep before Midnight, who knows when I'll wake up and post =P

This is a casual, simple, goofy, disorganized, semi-spontaneous and cheap event. Since I let you know that up front, please don't waste time tarting as I won't give a darn. It's really just a fun way for me to give out a few gifts this Holiday Season. I hope you have as much fun as I do playing along.

Rules? You can try to win as many days as possible, if you like. If the question is about you, and you happen to catch it, feel free to answer. Feel free to make multiple guesses, within reason. Other than that, here are the rules:
  • If the ability to edit returns mid-event, Do not edit your posts! Any posts which are edited will not be counted, sorry!
  • While you may make multiple attempts, you will only be eligible to win one prize daily.
  • If a question is about a specific person, please do not ask them the answer. I have no Nazi guards out looking for you, but I'm counting on your honor to keep it semi-fair.
  • No teams, please. This is individual prizes for an individuals competition.
  • Posting in colors other than the default, black, will not only make me angry, but disqualify you from this event and any other future event I decide to hold. Sorry to be so strict, but it's going to be messy enough as it is.
Can't think of anything else, off the top of my head, so Good Luck!
----------------------------------------
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jan 1, 2007 12:39:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Re: On the twelfth day of Christmas, Muroni gave to me...

On the Twelfth day of Christmas, Muroni gave to me:
--Twelve Driftwoods Drifting!

Today's theme is:
"Know Muroni!"

Your first question: 1. What Fish-named ship does Muroni collect?
[Jan 1, 2007 12:40:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
P1P3L1N3

Muroni wrote: 
Your first question: 1. What Fish-named ship does Muroni collect?

Muroni collects "Grunion" ships.

- Pipeline,
quick.
Pipeline of Viridian
[Jan 1, 2007 12:45:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
P1P3L1N3

Ugh - I hope posting in colours for a quote is okay.

- Pipeline,
booched it.
Pipeline of Viridian
[Jan 1, 2007 12:47:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Aww! I just came to post that after finally finding a post in buying/selling sloops & cutters:P
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Jan 1, 2007 12:55:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Yes Pipeline, it's ok. You were not intentionally trying to make it difficult for folks to find the most recent question so you're cool =P

Pipeline wins the first driftwood.

The next question will take some guessing, but I have not been to bed yet, so I need the time anyway. When I wake up, whoever was closest without going over, wins. The second question is:

2. How many Grunions does Muroni own?
[Jan 1, 2007 4:28:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
yukinon

--
Yukinon, Midnight
[Jan 1, 2007 5:06:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ironguts

/em tries to invent a new /vwho technique to find out how many Muroni owns, but fails.
Ironguts
Cerulean - Plunder Inc.
Something of Boochin' Katfish
[Jan 1, 2007 6:10:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.boochinkatfish.net [Link]  Go to top 
archer_jed

Nutella is so good :D.-Philippines/Jedoy
[Jan 1, 2007 7:20:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    archer_jed [Link]  Go to top 
Kinocha

Kinocha, Senior Officer of White Rose under the flag Blood and Roses on Midnight Ocean

Avatar by the amazing Koalarocker
[Jan 1, 2007 8:24:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Jan 1, 2007 10:06:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

I've woken up, so yukinon wins as closest without going over (actual grunion count of all sizes, 107). Now that I'm awake, I'll be checking back about every half hour, folks =)

3. What is Muroni's injury?
[Jan 1, 2007 11:03:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
blinkkid

A hook
Blinkkidmutt, has no home and can be found everywhere.

Amarilla tells you, "I'm so cool, I'm puzzling and planking"

~Avatar by Pazy~
[Jan 1, 2007 11:40:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

blinkkid is correct. Muroni's injury is a hook.

Next Question:
4. At what island did Muroni receive her injury?

*If there were multiple blockades of that island, I'm not concerned with the specific blockade number. I'm only looking for the island name, so feel free to take a quess if you have no idea =)
[Jan 1, 2007 11:56:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
yukinon

Jorvik

107 is impressive! I thought I was guessing high :)
--
Yukinon, Midnight
[Jan 1, 2007 1:59:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

The few rules wrote: 
While you may make multiple attempts, you will only be eligible to win one prize daily.
I think Yukinon knows that, so it's more a hint to the rest of you sleepy over-partied pirates.
[Jan 1, 2007 2:07:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Well then... Jorvik:P
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 

[Jan 1, 2007 2:57:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Dear God, thank you Satin. I was wondering if anybody else was going to type it. =P Satin wins that one, on to the next.
I'm going to start doing a few at a time, since the forums don't seem to be very active in Events today =P

5. What is currently Muroni's favorite ship duty station?
6. What is currently Muroni's favorite game to play at the Inn?

[Jan 1, 2007 3:41:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
MadamRuby

Dear God, thank you Satin. I was wondering if anybody else was going to type it. =P Satin wins that one, on to the next.
I'm going to start doing a few at a time, since the forums don't seem to be very active in Events today =P

5. What is currently Muroni's favorite ship duty station?
6. What is currently Muroni's favorite game to play at the Inn?

5. Carp.

6. Rumble.
Cor·ynn [on the Midnight Ocean]

Spades Player says, "nice cover p"
Corynn says,"Is it seriously that hard to type "partner"?.."
Spades Player says,"no, but why bother?"
[Jan 1, 2007 4:26:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RubyChopstixs [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

LMAO I'll accept the carpentry answer, but somebody else has to answer the favorite Inn game =P
[Jan 1, 2007 4:32:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Calleebaba

6. Hearts
Javory on Viridian
Calabaza on Midnight
[Jan 1, 2007 4:58:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kinocha

To get it moving again, Rumble
Kinocha, Senior Officer of White Rose under the flag Blood and Roses on Midnight Ocean

Avatar by the amazing Koalarocker
[Jan 1, 2007 5:05:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Here is a list of current winners, and answers to questions:

1. What Fish-named ship does Muroni collect? Answer: Grunion Winner: P1P3L1N3
2. How many Grunions does Muroni own? Answer: 107 Winner: yukinon (closest guess at 72)
3. What is Muroni's injury? Answer: Hook Winner: blinkkid
4. At what island did Muroni receive her injury? Answer: Jorvik Winner: satin11 (with help from Yukinon, lol)
5. What is currently Muroni's favorite ship duty station? Answer: Carpentry Winner: MadamRuby
6. What is currently Muroni's favorite game to play at the Inn? Hint: It's already been guessed correctly, but the person had won once already today =P
[Jan 1, 2007 5:06:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Sniped by Kinocha. 6. What is currently Muroni's favorite game to play at the Inn? Answer: Rumble Winner: Kinocha (Thank you).

Next question:
7. What was Muroni's first Ultimate?
Hint: Don't bother trying to use my portraits to figure it out, as this was way before portraits existed. =P
[Jan 1, 2007 5:08:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Calleebaba

Since the obviousness of the answer for 6 defeated me, I will guess "Sailing" for 7.
Javory on Viridian
Calabaza on Midnight
[Jan 1, 2007 5:16:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Calleebaba is correct! Sailing was my first ultimate =P

Now you really need to guess!
8. How many months are left on Muroni's current subscription?
[Jan 1, 2007 5:22:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Spiderprints

8 months
Knarf
of Drunken Amore
[Jan 1, 2007 5:55:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Either you're a good guesser, or you're friends with a flagmate who is playing along on my flag version of the event, lmao

In either case, 8 months is correct, Knarf. That is how many months are left on my subscription.

Next question:
9. What does Muroni's YPP forum name, "Imwamphyr", mean?
[Jan 1, 2007 6:06:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

You guys are falling behind, and I've only got 2 hours left for my day, so I'll break it up and give you a hint:

Im Wamphyr

LOL
[Jan 1, 2007 7:15:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

Even without the hint >8) I'd always assumed it mean "I am a Vampire".
Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Jan 1, 2007 7:29:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates