• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 47
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5517 times and has 46 replies Next Thread
macaroonny

The Amazing Avatar Non-Shop! Reply to this Post

Ahoy! Welcome to my Non-Shop. It's not a shop because everything is free! I will soon be opening a real shop, but because I need some practice and examples, I'm starting here. The only thing I have so far is this:

an attempt at piratising my verball.
I'll be keeping a waiting list of people who want avatars here when Edit is fixed, and until then I might include one in further posts. Alternatively, I may just keep a pencil-and-paper version on my desk. I accept tips, and tipping customers will get bumped up the list, the bigger the tip, the bigger the bump! Everyone on the list will get one eventually however, so don't fret!

Non-payment and tips are accepted on each and every ocean!
----------------------------------------
Cocodude is officially dead, presumed missing. Feel free to search for him under other names on Sage though.

(I can't wrench my self away from this game!)
[Dec 27, 2006 2:42:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

Re: The Amazing Avatar Non-Shop! Reply to this Post

Also, I am very likely to ignore the waiting list at times, and do the most specific ones first, simply because I have no imagination, and as such, can't think of what could happen in your avatar.
Cocodude is officially dead, presumed missing. Feel free to search for him under other names on Sage though.

[Dec 27, 2006 2:55:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emieangel

Okay.. I remember when I was just starting out with avatars... and I almost cried when it took a while for someone to want a free one, so I'm gonna be the first one to order here just so you could stop twiddling your thumbs and do somethin :)

Here is My Gallery to give you an idea of what I look like (I don't mind straight or curly hair). It would be nice if you could include my Octopus. And... I prefer to look evil rather than friendly. I would also like my my pirate initials Df on it. Is that enough for your imagination? /e giggles. Kk good luck and thanks :)
DarkFaery
Collector of Tigerfish, Catfish, Angelfish & Piranha
[Dec 27, 2006 7:59:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

For future reference, I was kinda hoping for " I would like you to draw me sitting under a tree, stroking my pet cat." style descriptions. I'll try to think of something though, seeing as I don't have any other orders to get in the way...

[Dec 27, 2006 8:36:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emieangel

Okay.. I would like you to draw me swordfighting with my octopus. How's THAT for a challenge?
DarkFaery
[Dec 27, 2006 9:14:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

What, against your octo, or as a team with your octo?

[Dec 27, 2006 9:17:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

Err. <.< I'll take one. :)

Here I am, in my pink/black outfit.

Draw me with my black/black sheep. ^.^ Just sorta... hugging... In the clouds. o.O

LilCandi~
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Dec 27, 2006 11:40:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JD6627

One for me please!

http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Kovy&itemid=7161913

Umm, Have me "toasting" a mug of rum with an octopus or something. Anything involving the drinking game is appreciated.
Kovy.
...stunned.
[Dec 27, 2006 1:31:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Killerj20

OK i will take one! please make it something like... me climbing a tree i dunno (LOL)
Jamesthebond on HUNTER
Captain of Elite Spartan Warriors.
[Dec 27, 2006 1:49:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emieangel

What, against your octo, or as a team with your octo?

Against my octo :)
DarkFaery
[Dec 27, 2006 4:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

Waiting list
Emieangel - (Partially computer-done)
Candiice - (sketched)
JD6627 - (sketched)
Killerj20 - (sketched)

I may not manage to computerise anything else for a while, It depends if I can get PhotoShop working in conjunction with my tablet...
I also need to work on some GCPP artwork, so I may be a bit slow...
If you want to see the work done so far, I can upload that without photoshop or the Wacom!

[Dec 28, 2006 5:00:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emieangel

Teehee - can't wait! ^_^
DarkFaery
[Dec 28, 2006 6:09:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

Quick update, my Wacom still isn't working, so we're back to the stone age tool - the mouse. The quality will be the same, but a bit slower due to me using the undo function a lot. I should have finished my first order in one or two hours.

[Dec 28, 2006 12:28:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Quick update, my Wacom still isn't working, so we're back to the stone age tool - the mouse. The quality will be the same, but a bit slower due to me using the undo function a lot. I should have finished my first order in one or two hours.

Make sure your drivers are updated for the wacom tablet. There is no reason it should not work with any and all programs.

Also, you can add me to the list for when you do get things going again. Some recent images of my pirate. Your challenge is to draw Synful as an event host or island designer. Also, Synful no longer has the parrot but has a tan octopus instead.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Dec 28, 2006 1:03:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

Ok, so maybe I overestimated my mouse speed when I said one or to hours...
Anyway, here it is

Order #1

The hair's a bit weird, but I couldn't get it quite right. I may go back to it later as a kind of study of hair...

Synful: The pointer for the tablet and the mouse was very jumpy with photoshop, bouncing all over the place, so it wasn't working as I wanted it to. I think that was probably due to the massive amount of memory PhotoShop uses on my computer.
Anyway, it's stopped working completely now, but I will get it fixed soon.

As a side note:
I'm going to stop orders for a while, to allow me to get on top of all my ongoing projects...

[Dec 29, 2006 1:46:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

Ooh ooh! ME!

Be creative!
Feel like a space adventure?
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Dec 29, 2006 2:45:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

Oh by the way (dang edit button) I know youve stopped orders, but eh-, would a tip help...? You're on Viridian... right?
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Dec 29, 2006 2:46:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emieangel

Thanks mate. that's sweet. Although I have black hair. Heehee.. I suppose a change is great :)
DarkFaery
[Dec 29, 2006 3:24:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

Update:
I've finished all orders so far. I'm in France for the New year though, and I can't connect the laptop the avatars are on to the internet. Therefore I'm opening orders again, but I can't post anything until next year (insert exclqmation mark here: I can't find it on this supid french keyboard...)

Anyone want a place before redbeard? He didn't specify anything so that leaves space before him...

[Dec 31, 2006 7:38:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

I did speicify! I said, Be Creative, that meens, DO WHAT YOU WANT!! :-)
Fine....
STUFF I LIKE:
POE
SAILING
SFING
EYE COLOR?
Brown...
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Jan 1, 2007 10:53:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

Remember this post?

Also, I am very likely to ignore the waiting list at times, and do the most specific ones first, simply because I have no imagination, and as such, can't think of what could happen in your avatar.

[Jan 2, 2007 12:19:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

Ok, well then, i would like to be uh, counting poe (As in, there are mountians of poe in front of me and im saying: 1...2...3...4....5 etc)
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Jan 2, 2007 9:13:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darthpie6

m'kay, if yer still making, ill take one.

Try me sleeping a small ship

:D thanks
WANTED!
Catchy signature.
Age and sexperience unimportant but must be prepared to work long hours.

Darthpie
[Jan 3, 2007 10:18:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    N/A    N/A    N/A [Link]  Go to top 
darthpie6

old picky didnt seem to work, anyway

try here

Thanks, Ikle Darf
WANTED!
Catchy signature.
Age and sexperience unimportant but must be prepared to work long hours.

Darthpie
[Jan 3, 2007 10:19:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    N/A    N/A    N/A [Link]  Go to top 
evilhomer0

may i have one i want to be playing poker and instead of the clothes in the link make me with yellow/black clothing plz if possible

thank ye mr avatar maker
/me Hides his Signature =P
[Jan 5, 2007 1:57:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

*Mini Bump*

Ok, so I'm back with presents!

Candiice:

Synful:

Kovy:

Jamesthebond:

and lastly
Redbeardbob:

So maybe it wasn't quite what you had in mind... It was free, don't complain! If somethings badly wrong, I may change it based on how I'm feeling when you ask for it.

[Jan 14, 2007 12:58:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Its absolutely adorable!! It captures a feeling I often get when trying to place those trees! Yes, I do believe its payment worthy! I love it!!!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jan 14, 2007 1:44:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

Aww look at my little fat sheep! O_O

LilCandi~
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Jan 14, 2007 1:46:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

The pointer for the tablet and the mouse was very jumpy with photoshop, bouncing all over the place, so it wasn't working as I wanted it to. I think that was probably due to the massive amount of memory PhotoShop uses on my computer.
Anyway, it's stopped working completely now, but I will get it fixed soon.

I don't know if this is the case, but when you mentioned this, it came to my mind that maybe you use Mouse Mode and it somehow got switched to Pen mode, which would explain the jumping around. It's happened to me a few times.

Also, sometimes when mine stops working, I can just reinstall the same drivers, and it works again.
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Jan 14, 2007 2:21:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

Beautiful! Encore! Marvelous! I LOVE IT =)
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Jan 14, 2007 2:54:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates