• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 934 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
akebia

Salaries and money transfer restrictions Reply to this Post

Cleaver, I understand that, eventually, poe must be transferred from island to island on ships that are making full trips. For example, I won't be able to tele-"port" onto a boat without first automatically depositing all of my poe in a local bank.

So, what happens when I live on Ruby's beautiful Alpha Island and take a job in her market on Papaya? Currently, my salary appears automatically on my person, correct? That seems to be a magical way for money to be transferred. ("Sure, Alpha Island native, if you give me all the 5000 poe you have in Winter Bank, I'll hire you in my Winter shoppe at a salary of 5000 poe an hour and safely transfer your money.") And yet, if I have to sail to claim my pay, I think I'll have a more profitable time sailing on a lane with higher traffic and pillaging. I'm can't think of a good way to handle this.

What happens to new players who are scrapping to earn money by taking jobs on NPP vessels? If they aren't careful about which jobs they take (and I'm not sure what they look at to be careful!), they could wind up teleporting onto new boats with each job they take, accidentally depositing their newly earned poe spread out along the whole archipelago. How will they collect it all and get it all back?
[May 25, 2003 12:12:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

Re: Salaries and money transfer restrictions Reply to this Post

perhaps a limit on the amount you can transport on your person...
----------------------------------------
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[May 25, 2003 3:49:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Remote earnings Reply to this Post

Excellent question, Akebia. We'll basically have to handle this the same way as pillage last-ported at that remote island; if it has a bank, yer wages will be banked there, otherwise they'll be buried (more details on buried treasure to come). That said, if Alpha rules Papaya, and Alpha wants to pay you on Alpha for your work on Papaya, that's reasonable. They'd just accumulate more cash on Papaya and have to ship it back to Alpha... it's a bit pesky though.

The problem, Ursela, with limits is that even if the limit is 5 PoE people will do the whisk 100,000 times to transfer half a million...
[May 25, 2003 12:12:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates