• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1839 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Boz

Latest updates?s?s?s?s?s Reply to this Post

Hmm well great new map point n go, great new pointer, great new buttons (on the sun panel (hire) etc)
Hmm now the sad bit
Sea battling
Hmm
There is NO edge the maps; they never run out a sail, n talk abootz OUCH OMG
One npp, 3 hit's n wiped....
Agh I may be far from the best swords player on these sea?s, BUT come on excessive or what.
I was out with two crew?s to day. the Black Widows n me old crew. Only one win if I remember I canna rememberz the losses (t'were a lot tho)? Robbery I calls it..... Robbery i tell's yee......
They needed to be tougheryes, but the amounts they drop, well, keep me new sword n give me there POWER ?T? CRAP FROM A GREAT HEIGHT!!! Saddened n a little disturbed
Whitebeard??
----------------------------------------
I spent 5yrs in Her majie?s Coastguard service, (till I saw the error of mi wayz)..."Aye"...... Now I?m slowly Conquering the high sea's that I once protected..................
[May 24, 2003 8:28:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pnkfloydboz@yahoo.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
BootyLubber

Re: Latest updates?s?s?s?s?s Reply to this Post

I agree. I was on a ship of 8 players, and we faught a ship of 4 merchant npp's. We lost. I think something is wrong here.
[May 24, 2003 10:48:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    robotcho [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Alright, what am I doing so wrong that I cannot understand a single thing in his post?
[May 25, 2003 3:55:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Ithaqua

Ely wrote: 
Alright, what am I doing so wrong that I cannot understand a single thing in his post?

Nothing. He's speaking a unique combination of "pirate" and "illiterate."
[May 25, 2003 4:52:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

I find it kind of sad that ye can't be understandin' what he is sayin'. I hate to be pointin' fingers, but if an illiterate finger must be pointed, ye should turn it about and point it back to yerself. What he said made perfect sense. Did yer mums teach ye no manners, me little whips?
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[May 25, 2003 7:09:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Poor Boz, he will never learn how to write in coherent English as long as his cheerleader section remains in denial.
[May 25, 2003 8:43:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
akebia

Let's do a service to those with questions to ask and ideas to suggest; let's save the piratey taunts for in-game and keep 'em off the forum. 'Kay?
[May 25, 2003 12:46:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ithaqua

akebia wrote: 
Let's do a service to those with questions to ask and ideas to suggest; let's save the piratey taunts for in-game and keep 'em off the forum. 'Kay?

Dude, who's taunting? Ely and I are trying to figure out what the hell this guy is saying.

If you understand it, maybe you should be his official translator.
[May 25, 2003 2:53:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Dear Akebia,

Regardless, this is the wrong forum for questions and suggestions. Mayhaps a kind forum sorcerer can move it!

Love, Ely

xoxo
[May 25, 2003 3:00:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Boz

A quick response Reply to this Post

Well If nothing else there be conversation ere in reply.
surely yee means illiteracy not illiterate

He's speaking a unique combination of "pirate" and "illiterate."
get yee head out of the clouds n listen .
Hmm well great new map (island map) point n go (point on the icons and go there), great new pointer (the hand or circle mouse pointer), great new buttons (on the sun panel (hire) etc)(self explanatory)
Hmm now the sad bit
Sea battling
Hmm
There is NO edge the maps (even though the maps have squares the boats one used to attack now COULD sail over? out of the containing map MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE SAILED INSTEAD OF TRYING TO LOOK GOOD ON HERE); they never run out a sail (if you are aware if you ever went out to sea or can even navigate they had the maximum same as everyone else between 6 and 10 moves 2x left 2x right 2/4x forwards), n talk abootz OUCH OMG (and o my gosh look at those swords falling there)One npp, 3 hit's n wiped (one computer player with artificial intelligence stabbed me three times and my screen was completely full and I had no room left in which to fight back so it was the end of the game)(I DO HOPE YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS I WILL TYPE SLOWLY FOR YOU TWO)....
Agh ( o? dear)I may be far from the best swords player on these sea?s, BUT come on excessive or what. (O my gosh)
I was out with two crew?s today. The Black Widows, n me old crew. Only one win if I remember I canna rememberz the losses (t'were a lot tho)? Robbery I calls it... Robbery i tell's yee...... (The excessive losses though overwhelming the npps and losses out number the win?s)
They needed to be tougher yes, but the amounts they drop, well, keep me new sword n give me there POWER ?T? CRAP FROM A GREAT HEIGHT!!! Saddened n a little disturbed( keep my new Scimitar and give me what they have as it's far superior )
Whitebeard (my characters name)

I spent 5yrs in Her majie?s Coastguard service, (till I saw the error of mi wayz)..."Aye"...... Now I?m slowly Conquering the high sea's that I once protected..................
[May 26, 2003 7:14:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    pnkfloydboz@yahoo.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Obviously, Whitebeard can defend himself, but I've always found his posts pretty entertaining to read/decipher and somehow authentic-sounding. I don't know any real sailors, let alone any real (non-software) pirates, but we all know somebody in real life who has a rather different way of communicating, like Boomhauer on King of the Hill.

And his translation post should put to rest the notion that he CAN'T write some other way.
[May 26, 2003 11:16:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
dnxthx

They *are* memorable, I'll give him that!
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[May 27, 2003 12:32:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
akebia

Ely wrote: 
Dear Akebia,

Regardless, this is the wrong forum for questions and suggestions. Mayhaps a kind forum sorcerer can move it!

I know. I thought this would be a good forum to bring it up in-- I didn't want to fight in front of the kids.

Ely wrote: 
Love, Ely

xoxo

Ely, I love you too, but if you accidentally tell everyone about our plan to start "Xoxoxo! Snuggle Pirates" before its time, I might have to reconsider.
[May 28, 2003 7:39:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates