• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 194825 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
wrs1864b

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

Is PCTB working for anyone, or is it just me that is having a problem? I if I try to upload data, I get a "can not get a commodity list" error, if I go to the website I get a "failed to open ocean data" error.

This has been a problem for me for the better part of a week.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 7, 2014 4:55:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deborah

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

I haven't tried this week -- if I get a free moment I'll give it a whirl and report back.

--m3
Hermes says, "At any rate, I'm afraid I'll have to cede to your blockade, ladies. Business calls."
Madmarymeade says, "I think this means Rexe-Mary 2, OMs 0?"
Hermes says, "We go down easily."
[May 7, 2014 11:37:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kjdk

Not working for me either..
kjdk - Cereal Ocean, Coblat Side
Empty Planet
~Making rude posts daily is specialty
[May 12, 2014 12:51:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
flamesalt

Same here - it hasn't worked for me for nearly a month. I am really getting frustrated. I dug into the HTML code, and what is happening is a failure in a linked php module. However, that same error message shows up like 3 times, so I don't know exactly what is causing it. Since it uses the yppedia as a DB, then I would guess someone changed some base data on the yppedia and now it can't read something so it reports "failed to open ocean data". Grrrr.

Do they expect me to wisk around and use pen and paper to find the best places to sell anything? I think not.
[May 15, 2014 8:11:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Do they expect me to wisk around and use pen and paper to find the best places to sell anything? I think not.

I would recommend using yarrg, it is better in most ways anyway.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 15, 2014 8:20:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Who is "they"? It's not like OOO created this 3rd party tool and it was nice of the creators that did make it to even share it. :)
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[May 16, 2014 6:58:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

Who is "they"? It's not like OOO created this 3rd party tool and it was nice of the creators that did make it to even share it. :)

A wonderful place for me to interject.

As some of you may know, I'm responsible for the host where PCTB currently resides. I am not able to get in contact with the person who originally wrote PCTB, though it has been maintained periodically by other people who are kind enough to spend some of their time on this project.

However, after some discussion with my business partner, we have decided to discontinue using the host we are using for PCTB. Since I have little knowledge of the application and how it works (and unfortunately little free time to devote to finding it out), I wanted to give everyone a heads up prior to the cancelling of the service. At this time, it looks like we will be terminating the service on or around Sept 20.

While I do not actively participate in Puzzle Pirates anymore (again, the whole free time thing), I would be willing to help migrate everything to another host. My personal recommendation is Azure, which will be a far more stable environment, and they do have free website services. I would even be willing to put it on my own personal Azure subscription, assuming we can use the free option and everything still works.

At this point I do not know who would want to take point on migration. If you feel you would like to do this, please reach out to me via PM here, or IM as listed in my profile, and we can discuss it further. Technical expertise (especially as far as how the PCTB client/server work) would definitely help with this.
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Aug 18, 2014 5:46:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

A wonderful place for me to interject.

I would like to thank you, and the original authors for all the work on PCTB. I used it for a very long time. While I use other tools now, if you get it running again, I will start uploading market data to it again.
[Aug 18, 2014 9:42:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

An alternate to PCTB is Yarrg (Yet Another Revenue Research Gatherer)
[Aug 21, 2014 3:00:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates