• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 217389 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
Gyps13

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

Ah, okay. ^_^ THanks for the quick reply, and sorry to be a bother.
----------------------------------------
~ Jaede ~ Malachite
Dragon Eggs
Pokemon Eggs

*Current Avi by Scheherazade*
[Apr 8, 2009 8:15:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

Ah, okay. ^_^ THanks for the quick reply, and sorry to be a bother.

No bother at all. You're only the second to point this out, and it's been less than a week. You're on top of things more than I am :-)
[Apr 9, 2009 5:26:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ragnar5

I would like to use PCTB on Opal. The system won't let me add it as a new ocean. I know German is not supported, BUT: I am using the english version of the PP-client, and capturing the market data works fine (on Opal Ocean). Could you please add Opal to the database? (Islands are the same as on Hunter btw.)
thx
Rag
Ich fahre mit Grog und Gesöff.
[Apr 11, 2009 3:49:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shawn007

Warning: unlink(/tmp/pctb-upload6Hy4RQ): No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/signetst/pctb.crabdance.com/upload.php on line 758

Figured it might help Devs.

Thanks for all your work.

I am trying to upload Admiral on Sage so far it isnt working ill update my post if it does I get "Successful upload" but it doesnt show up on the database.
Shawnthgreta of Sage
Former Prince of HE
Forme SO of YWN
FO of JFF
[Apr 12, 2009 6:08:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shawn007

Bump

Looks like it went to operational server

Also it is taking me forever to upload because it keeps jumping and missing the last 1/4 of the commodities.

And this seems to be 100% random to where it stops.
Shawnthgreta of Sage
Former Prince of HE
Forme SO of YWN
FO of JFF
[Edit 2 times, last edit by shawn007 at Apr 12, 2009 6:29:03 AM]
[Apr 12, 2009 6:16:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

I normally get that error when I try to upload the same set of data multiple times (normally when hitting the button again due to lag). Once the data is merged, it's deleted, so when you try to reference the same data set, it's not there, thus file not found. Try just hitting the 'upload data' link once, even if it takes forever.
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Apr 12, 2009 7:24:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

I normally get that error when I try to upload the same set of data multiple times (normally when hitting the button again due to lag). Once the data is merged, it's deleted, so when you try to reference the same data set, it's not there, thus file not found. Try just hitting the 'upload data' link once, even if it takes forever.

Yeah, with the next rev of the client we're going to try and get rid of that entire piece of the interface. Not sure when that's going to be, though, since we got the part done that was absolutely needed.
[Apr 12, 2009 10:07:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

jumping and missing the last 1/4 of the commodities

Is this while scanning the market data with the client? What island and ocean or does it make a difference? What version of the client are you using?

Yuhu on Sage
[Apr 12, 2009 9:03:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

I would like to use PCTB on Opal. The system won't let me add it as a new ocean. I know German is not supported, BUT: I am using the english version of the PP-client, and capturing the market data works fine (on Opal Ocean). Could you please add Opal to the database? (Islands are the same as on Hunter btw.)
thx
Rag

I'm including this change in the next update. I think it is very safe to say that we won't be supporting this very thoroughly at the moment, although we could in the future. Fortunately, the client won't scan correctly on Opal Ozean, so we don't have to worry about bad data getting stuffed in from the German client.
[Apr 13, 2009 7:57:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

I'm including this change in the next update. I think it is very safe to say that we won't be supporting this very thoroughly at the moment, although we could in the future. Fortunately, the client won't scan correctly on Opal Ozean, so we don't have to worry about bad data getting stuffed in from the German client.

Update is applied. Opal is now allowed and all of Malachite should work.
[Apr 14, 2009 5:50:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Tested on Malachite, it works. Unfortunately, there's a typo in the name of "Tigereye gems" in the database, so it doesn't work completely until the patch I just sent off gets applied.
[Apr 16, 2009 2:38:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smurfsahoy

I don't get why this thing crashes when the commodities aren't exactly right. This still causes problems for me all the time.

Can't you just write something for thrown exceptions and then report whatever data matches? If you don't feel like it, I'm sure somebody would be happy to oblige. That's caused about 80% of problems with the tool over its existence, I feel.

Doubloons have cost exactly the same price for years. 42 dubs for $10.

Oh, what's that? You want it to be easier to play the game FOR FREE? Sorry, kiddo. No sympathy.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by smurfsahoy at Apr 17, 2009 2:08:14 AM]
[Apr 17, 2009 2:06:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mercurialis

In response to PCTB working on Malachite:

For the most part it does, and I am unbelievably thankful for that. But, there are a number of islands that still will not allow me to upload the bid data (the market data works fine). These islands include: Zuyua Mist and Flyaway Island.

The PPAOCR client tells me:

Please select the island you uploaded the data from.
I've found 0 islands which I think it might be from.

And then when I select the correct island it tells me:

Searching YPPedia, I couldn't find any natural resources on the island you specified.
Please select the island you uploaded the data from.
I've found 0 islands which I think it might be from.

Is this a problem that we can fix by reformatting the yppedia entry? Can anyone offer a solution to this problem?

Thank you very much.
Mercuro on Malachite
[Apr 25, 2009 7:49:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

Revisiting a problem of sorts I raised awhile back, gold nugget prices don't work well. Looking at them on Cobalt last night, there were no islands outside of Garnet that were listed as buying gold nuggets. This is clearly false information. I am sure I could hop around Jade and Onyx and get the prices into the database, but that isn't the problem.

I looks like when someone uses the old PPAOCR package which won't pick up the gold nuggets (and probably some of the newer colored items) it wipes the buy / sell prices out of the database. If this is truly the case, a workaround might be to add a little version tag to the upload data on the new version, and then NOT update the database for the newer items unless that tag is present.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Apr 25, 2009 8:27:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

Is this a problem that we can fix by reformatting the yppedia entry? Can anyone offer a solution to this problem?

Thank you very much.

They are currently working on fixing the problem, and it could be done in the next update (not sure on that). Meanwhile, the only fix is to manually add them to the database, which I'll see if I can do here shortly. If I can't do it myself, I'm sure a fix will be along to add those islands shortly.

Edit: ok, that information isn't what's stored server-side... I thought we had the problem like this before, but I guess I was mistaken. I'll just wait for the others to actually say what may or may not need to be done :P
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Edit 2 times, last edit by KingOfZeal at Apr 25, 2009 12:56:46 PM]
[Apr 25, 2009 11:37:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

I looks like when someone uses the old PPAOCR package which won't pick up the gold nuggets (and probably some of the newer colored items) it wipes the buy / sell prices out of the database.

Correctly identified. When you upload the data for an island, it drops the table in the database for what came before and loads new. Using a client that doesn't recognize the new commods (any client pre-5) will drop the useful information. Changing this behavior would be difficult as things stand.

I've been hesitant to require current version of the client, but if there's enough push here it's easy to do.
[Apr 25, 2009 1:26:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Thank you very much.

Argh. We are searching for the tag <a name="Natural_Resources"> on the page on YPPedia. For some islands apparently people have gotten sloppy, and it's Natural_resources. Capitalization is important to computers, far more so than in the real world.

Update to the code is sent off to change that to a [Rr] rather than just an R. Tested in dev and works.
[Apr 25, 2009 1:41:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

For some islands apparently people have gotten sloppy, and it's Natural_resources.

The lower-case r only occurs on three pages - Zuyua, Arcadia and Flyaway. Considering the islands are adjacent, I would hazard that Cedarwings made the change deliberately for Zuyua, and the other two are simply copy-pastes of the Zuyua page. I've capitalised them for consistency.
[Apr 25, 2009 4:53:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hampsonis

I just got the new upload client (5.0.26.11774) for use on Hunter. Almost every time I try to update I get the message "Can't find name of island". The other response I have received (occasionally on Pukru and Quetzal) is "Incorrect commodity data detected".

Any suggestions?
[Apr 26, 2009 4:39:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

It sounds like sometimes it works for you and sometimes it doesn't (when scanning the same market). Are you on a slow internet connection or have lots of lag?

When scanning from the market screen on an island the client first sends a /w so that the island name will be shown in the right side pane. But, it looks like I only have the timeout set to 1 second (so if the /w takes longer than that it will time out and show the "Can't find name of island" message). When you scan does the right side pane change to show equivalent of "/w"? If so then I'll just release a new version of the client with a longer timeout. If the right side pane isn't changing when scanning then there is something else wrong with sending the /w (other than just taking too long).

Scanning from a ship may work better in this situation since it doesn't send a /w when scanning from ship (just OCRs the island name from the upper right corner island graphic).

The "Incorrect commodity data detected" message occurs when a row of scanned data doesn't look valid. This error message is currently generated if the commodity name or shop name are empty OR there is no buy/sell price or quantity OR if there isn't a pair of price/quantity. Look at the grid in the client after this occurs and see if anything looks suspicious in the cells. The only time I've currently had problems with this is if the font aliasing or smoothing is not turned off. I just tried scanning Quetzal multiple times and did not have any problems. If you reproduce this error while the client is in debug mode (can be turned on from the Tools menu) and then upload the CaptureError.tif file (should be in AppData\Roaming\PPAOCR directory on Vista or equivalent directory on XP) as a defect report to the www.sourceforge.net/projects/pctb2 website then I can try to figure out what is going on.

Yuhu on Sage
[Apr 26, 2009 5:52:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

I noticed that the source of the web application is no longer available from Sourceforge. Is much in the reading in of the data from the OCR application changed? If so, is there any way I can get ahold of either the new web app source or at the very least the specs on how precisely the client-server communication works?

Please send me a PM with any info. =)

Thanks!
Burninator

Very retired. Not coming back.
[Apr 27, 2009 6:57:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

I noticed that the source of the web application is no longer available from Sourceforge. Is much in the reading in of the data from the OCR application changed? If so, is there any way I can get ahold of either the new web app source or at the very least the specs on how precisely the client-server communication works?

Well, I'm going to reply here since the answer should be public.

It's not there because I've been busy, not because we're intentionally holding it back. There is a lot of cruft that has built up in there that may or may not actually be used, and I want to clean that out before making current code public. (Even KingOfZeal, our hosting provider, has asked me for that info and I haven't given it to him.)

The client-server communication is 99% the same as it has been. We added a new step during client initialization where it grabs the entire commods list from the server, where before that list was built in to the client. (Thus, a new version every time there were new commods.)

Problem is that with V6 we're going to redo that communication to clean up some other crufty stuff that we don't need any more - for example, the new client can tell what island and ocean you're on, where the old one needed you to choose from a list. Obviously you still are choosing, but that needs to get cleaned up.

So, given all that... what else would you like?
[Apr 28, 2009 7:48:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

Well, I'm going to reply here since the answer should be public.

It's not there because I've been busy, not because we're intentionally holding it back. There is a lot of cruft that has built up in there that may or may not actually be used, and I want to clean that out before making current code public. (Even KingOfZeal, our hosting provider, has asked me for that info and I haven't given it to him.)

The client-server communication is 99% the same as it has been. We added a new step during client initialization where it grabs the entire commods list from the server, where before that list was built in to the client. (Thus, a new version every time there were new commods.)

Problem is that with V6 we're going to redo that communication to clean up some other crufty stuff that we don't need any more - for example, the new client can tell what island and ocean you're on, where the old one needed you to choose from a list. Obviously you still are choosing, but that needs to get cleaned up.

So, given all that... what else would you like?

Ah, I hadn't noticed the commod list grabbing in my packet captures, thanks! For the record, I'm making an attempt at a java-based OCR client. =) The information I already have *should* be enough to work with.
Burninator

[Apr 28, 2009 11:31:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

For the record, I'm making an attempt at a java-based OCR client. =) The information I already have *should* be enough to work with.

And when you're done (or close) we're definitely going to talk. I expect to be starting on the V6 server code in a few weeks when the multiple projects I've got in the air right now clear up, at which point things will be changing that matter to you. You should point at the dev server for testing just to be sure you aren't stuffing questionable data into the production server while you get things working right.
[Apr 28, 2009 7:58:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

For the record, I'm making an attempt at a java-based OCR client. =) The information I already have *should* be enough to work with.

And when you're done (or close) we're definitely going to talk. I expect to be starting on the V6 server code in a few weeks when the multiple projects I've got in the air right now clear up, at which point things will be changing that matter to you. You should point at the dev server for testing just to be sure you aren't stuffing questionable data into the production server while you get things working right.

Is the dev server actually set up and working? I tried the ilk one listed in the source comments, and noted that the actual site doesn't seem to be *working* -- though the actual page does load. Also the commodmap page gives a database error. Haven't tried the other upload parts.
Burninator

[Apr 30, 2009 3:38:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Is the dev server actually set up and working? I tried the ilk one listed in the source comments, and noted that the actual site doesn't seem to be *working* -- though the actual page does load. Also the commodmap page gives a database error. Haven't tried the other upload parts.

Database was down, I was out of town. Thus the life of a dev server...
[May 4, 2009 8:31:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

Never fear, I tested on production! =P

(Yes, I'm serious.)
Burninator

[May 7, 2009 4:33:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tanonev

Good thing there's no chance of OCR failure, huh? :P

FYI, the Java client under testing takes advantage of Java Accessibility Utilities, bypassing the need for OCR. We still have some technical and logistical things to sort out, but once this is done, it should be much faster than the original PCTB client, and cross-platform to boot.
Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
Puppetar by Tilinka
[May 7, 2009 12:51:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

Never fear, I tested on production! =P

(Yes, I'm serious.)

Should I be keeping a local copy of the daily backup of the database on my computer...?
Midnight Ocean

[May 7, 2009 7:21:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

Should I be keeping a local copy of the daily backup of the database on my computer...?

It seems pretty easy to fix things if you mess up, since data uploaded overwrites any former bad data.

And tanonev, I did test on production with the OCR code as well =P
Burninator

[May 8, 2009 3:50:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates