• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 217392 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
AtariRaccoon

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

Finally get it running on win98 and it started running (after spending forever to install .NET v2)

I get it started and then when I tried to get the data

"The Pizzle Pirates window is not entirely on the screen."

pffffttt... whatever.
----------------------------------------
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do
[Mar 18, 2009 9:31:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

What display resolution/size are you using? I think it needs to be slightly bigger than 800x600 since the minimum puzzle pirates window size is 800x600 (which is the client area and doesn't include the window border as I recall)? The current client version checks that the entire puzzle pirates window is within the screen (not just the client area). Harrlok reported getting it to work on Windows 98se so I assume this is probably a display size issue. Can you confirm that?

Yuhu on Sage
[Mar 19, 2009 6:29:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AtariRaccoon

Ah yes, 800x600 on 800x600.

At least it's a simple problem to fix.. I'll try it.
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do
[Mar 19, 2009 8:13:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Im using this link to get to the trader on the web

http://pctb.ilk.org/

Currently, when I press any of the buttons, Data age, help, commodities, route, summary nothing happens. It remains on the main page. I don't know if this has anything to do with the Java update I just got.

Edited: The crabdance link does work though. I'll use that one.

Edit2: Ok, i'll switch my bookmark. Thanks.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Edit 2 times, last edit by wonkothes at Mar 22, 2009 8:26:44 AM]
[Mar 22, 2009 8:22:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

Im using this link to get to the trader on the web

http://pctb.ilk.org/

Currently, when I press any of the buttons, Data age, help, commodities, route, summary nothing happens. It remains on the main page. I don't know if this has anything to do with the Java update I just got.

That is not the correct trader, that is the development server.

http://pctb.crabdance.com is the official (working, operational and updated) site.
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Mar 22, 2009 8:25:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
Unravel

Several colonized islands on Malachite are unable to be uploaded:

You are using Release 5. Congratulations!
Please select the island you uploaded the data from.
I've found 0 islands which I think it might be from.

Missing islands: Duat, Celesta Isle, Flyaway

I'm also unable to upload bids from Zuyua Mist, though I can upload market data.

Thanks so much for this tool, and if there's anything I should have done to fix the above issues, please let me know. :)
Unravel
Trying to hold it together on Malachite!
[Mar 22, 2009 2:41:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

I tried Duat and don't see any problem with the client side so I think this is an issue on the server side. After selecting Upload the server is supposed to let you select the island but it is not listing Duat as one of the selectable islands on Malachite. I've submitted a defect to the sourceforge project. Thanks for reporting this.

Yuhu on Sage
[Mar 23, 2009 6:40:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Interesting idea. How would we auto-scroll the market area (scroll bar)?

Yuhu on Sage

I'm pretty sure it's "relatively easy" to send a system event to give a mouse-down at a specific location.
I'm fairly certain that macintosh windows are protected from each other -- they were under NeXTStep / display postscript. Quartz isn't exactly the same.

Sorry, I've been a bit busy with other things; I haven't had the opportunity to follow up on this.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Mar 23, 2009 5:23:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

I've been trying to use the XTest library/api for mouse and keyboard (especially XTestFakeMotionEvent and XTestFakeButtonEvent), but so far can't get it to work. Everything compiles fine and no errors reported when I run it. But I can't get the mouse to move or clicks to occur. XTestQueryExtension returns true so I'm not sure what is wrong. I'm not sure if it is because I'm running inside of a virtual machine (vmware opensuse from mono-project) or what. If you can get any of the XTestFake functions to work I'd be very interested. Otherwise I've been using xlib for all non .net functions. I've gotten the client to find the Puzzle Pirates window and to take screen shots when running in Linux. I may just give up on XTest and try xlib directly for mouse and keyboard (XWarpPointer appears to work).

Yuhu on Sage
[Mar 23, 2009 6:34:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

I tried Duat and don't see any problem with the client side so I think this is an issue on the server side. After selecting Upload the server is supposed to let you select the island but it is not listing Duat as one of the selectable islands on Malachite. I've submitted a defect to the sourceforge project. Thanks for reporting this.

Yuhu on Sage

It doesn't list an island as a choice until after 1 successful upload.

I'm trying to get to Duat on Malachite so I can test as well. I've been playing on Midnight so long I'd forgotten how much of a PITA it is to explore a new ocean.
[Mar 24, 2009 6:20:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

No Gold Nuggets being bought?

When I look at "Places to sell gold nuggets to" on Cobalt, only 3 islands come up, even though there are a lot of islands buying them. And yes, the data has been updated recently. Is this a known problem?

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Mar 25, 2009 9:01:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

When I look at "Places to sell gold nuggets to" on Cobalt, only 3 islands come up, even though there are a lot of islands buying them. And yes, the data has been updated recently. Is this a known problem?

News to me. If you could come up with 1 or 2 islands that are selling, update their data, still not see them, and post the examples, it would make this easier to test.

Why do I think I'm going to end up with accounts on every single ocean because of PCTB?
[Mar 25, 2009 4:19:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

I can test on Cobalt as required, and will check this one in about 6 hours' time, if nobody else gets there first.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[Mar 25, 2009 5:53:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

I'm trying to get to Duat on Malachite so I can test as well. I've been playing on Midnight so long I'd forgotten how much of a PITA it is to explore a new ocean.

And I *thought* there was a way to handle this situation, but looking at the code now I see there is not. I'm going to tweak up the "add new ocean" code to allow a refresh of the island list in the database. I think Malachite is the first ocean created after PCTB went live (or the first where the ocean was added to PCTB without all the islands being in YPPedia at least) so the database just doesn't have Duat or the others at all.
[Mar 25, 2009 9:15:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

Aarghbird wrote: 
When I look at "Places to sell gold nuggets to" on Cobalt, only 3 islands come up, even though there are a lot of islands buying them. And yes, the data has been updated recently.

I just tested uploading data from Conglin, and it now shows as buying nuggets with the correct numbers and all. I'll update a few more islands later if time permits.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[Mar 26, 2009 1:17:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

Thanks for checking that Cheery. I will update my scanning / update software and see what happens.

I note that the same issue seems to hold for the new enamel colors, paints, and some cloth colors. I assume at this point that it is just that people are still using the old scanner / upload software for the most part. I will try a test or two myself when I get a few minutes.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

[Mar 26, 2009 8:51:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Unravel

And I *thought* there was a way to handle this situation, but looking at the code now I see there is not. I'm going to tweak up the "add new ocean" code to allow a refresh of the island list in the database. I think Malachite is the first ocean created after PCTB went live (or the first where the ocean was added to PCTB without all the islands being in YPPedia at least) so the database just doesn't have Duat or the others at all.

Ahh, great. :) If you end up needing a whisk around Malachite to test this or any other thing, drop me a PM and I'll help ya out.
Unravel
Trying to hold it together on Malachite!
[Mar 26, 2009 3:48:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Ahh, great. :) If you end up needing a whisk around Malachite to test this or any other thing, drop me a PM and I'll help ya out.

Heh, I tried that, but you weren't on :-( Now I know how to get to one of the islands that is a problem, so I can test from there.

Thanks!
[Mar 27, 2009 6:30:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

Just so you know, Ice is now testing 3 new colors in cloth, enamel, and paint. (Cream, peach, light blue). Check the ice testing 3/25-3/27 thread.

This is one of the reasons we wanted it so that those market scanning could upload new commods, rather than have them added on the development end.

Tks
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Mar 27, 2009 7:11:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Just so you know, Ice is now testing 3 new colors in cloth, enamel, and paint. (Cream, peach, light blue). Check the ice testing 3/25-3/27 thread.

Ooh... cool. Please test with the current client and let us know what happens. Ideally the failure mode should be clean. If not, we need to fix that.

Updating for the new products is a piece of cake now w/ v5. I'll poke when I get home tonight and get a patch off to production. No new client required, just adding the new commods to the server :-)
[Mar 28, 2009 2:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

I believe Cream is now Lemon. You might want to check that, or add both.

Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

[Mar 31, 2009 1:18:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Aye, cream is now lemon. So now we have lemon and lime. And orange. Very citrusy. =D

Not to mention peach. And a bit of mint for seasoning.
[Mar 31, 2009 3:28:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Not adding any of them until it's finalized anyhow. Changing is just ugly.
[Mar 31, 2009 7:22:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Beserker36

I was recently using the extended mode of the "Selected Trades" table on the "Route" page of the site. I noticed that the total mass a cutter can hold is incorrect. The site displays it as 27,000 kg , while the actual mass storage of a cutter is 40,500 kg. Just thought I would mention.
~ Thetwam of Sage:
Senior Officer of Privateers
Lord of Black Flag
[Apr 4, 2009 7:05:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thetwam.110mb.com [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

I was recently using the extended mode of the "Selected Trades" table on the "Route" page of the site. I noticed that the total mass a cutter can hold is incorrect. The site displays it as 27,000 kg , while the actual mass storage of a cutter is 40,500 kg. Just thought I would mention.

Yep, that was never updated. When the new colors go production I'll roll this fix, the new commods, and the other ship types (Dhow, Baglah, Longship, Xebec) in at the same time.
[Apr 6, 2009 1:29:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Yep, that was never updated. When the new colors go production I'll roll this fix, the new commods, and the other ship types (Dhow, Baglah, Longship, Xebec) in at the same time.

Update is just sent off to be applied. I *think* it will work, but the dev site is currently not in a functional state and I'm not up for fixing it at the moment :-)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by barlennan at Apr 7, 2009 4:40:01 PM]
[Apr 7, 2009 4:39:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

Update is just sent off to be applied. I *think* it will work, but the dev site is currently not in a functional state and I'm not up for fixing it at the moment :-)

Patched. Everything seems to be working fine.
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Apr 7, 2009 7:39:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Patched. Everything seems to be working fine.

Oh, and this is the first example of one of the design features of the new client. We've added new commodities, and for the first time a new client is NOT needed to handle them.
[Apr 8, 2009 1:44:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gyps13

Is there a way to update the island lists for some of the oceans (specifically Malachite), or is that something I'm just going to have to muddle through for the time being? Thanks in advance. :)
~ Jaede ~ Malachite
Dragon Eggs
Pokemon Eggs

*Current Avi by Scheherazade*
[Apr 8, 2009 2:49:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Is there a way to update the island lists for some of the oceans (specifically Malachite), or is that something I'm just going to have to muddle through for the time being? Thanks in advance. :)

It's a known thing, I need to make some non-trivial changes to the server code to make it work. I've got a major project in my life that is taking priority through the middle of next week, then I'll try and get that done.
[Apr 8, 2009 5:13:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates