• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2714 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Tmamt

Distilling requirements Reply to this Post

Hello, what are the requirements for expert in distilling, I have had about 5 excellents and 2 many to count goods. I would like to improove from skilled to expert. Can anyone help

Thanks Damack
----------------------------------------
Damack on the Hunter Ocean
[Dec 20, 2006 4:22:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
waterdoctor

Re: Distilling requirements Reply to this Post

I think that here you are looking for

Only incres will do the job to get to expert
" Between a motion and a act falls a shadow."
[Dec 20, 2006 5:15:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grayside

Offline Expert labor requires Renowned Standing. You can get there with Excellent labor but it takes a long time. I did it with middle-low Excellents and it took me from Novice to Weighty.
Firestone, Captain, Mad Tea Party, Cobalt
Gallant, PotD, Midnight

[Dec 20, 2006 7:15:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://grayside.org/ypp/mayhem    Tires.Pirate [Link]  Go to top 
Magtag1

Only incres will do the job to get to expert

Nope....

I'm Solid Legendary Distilling on Hunter. Never ever ever got a incred in distilling.

Excellents with biggish Crystal Clears. 10CC & 2CC, or 9CC & 3CC will give you Definate Excellents. A lot of Only Excellents will give you certain Renowned, a lot of more Excellents will give you Legendary.

But it takes time, and won't happen over night. I try and Distill at least 3 boards a day. The Distilling puzzle is a long one and one that is very frustrating. Don't give up, learn the ball movements, use the spices in CC's. And enjoy the RUM afterwards.

:)
Sweetginger on Hunter
[Dec 20, 2006 10:59:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CashCarStar

There's just so many high end players on distill that it is intensely difficult to obtain a high rating. You need to send up massive CC's to have any shot at all. I lost my Ult a few weeks back and I think it's gone for good.

It's like taking a difficult course with a whole bunch of highly-motivated, brilliant students; they're gonna score high and break any chance of a curve swinging your way.
Festrunk - Viridian
[Dec 21, 2006 1:42:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheSeahag

I know that this isn't exactly what the OP is asking, but one tip that really helped me elevate my distilling (from GM or thereabouts to consistently Ultimate) is getting used to thinking about all the movements in that puzzle as relative to the white pieces.

For example, once I got it in my head that browns move up and blacks move down (again, all relative to the whites), then I was able to pretty much rework the board as I saw fit. Eventually, if all you use is that strategy though, youll end up with a ton of browns at the top right and blacks at the bottom right in a ">" shape.

However once you get used to that basic idea, you can start doing more sophisticated things, such as "walking" the pieces across the board from left to right or "wheeling" the top and bottom right hand corners to even out the vertical lines. Then its up to the Ultimate list for you!

Hope that helps.
Briggs Says, "Dr. Hag is bringing the Prescription for pain!"
[Dec 21, 2006 7:44:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

My biggest problem is the fact that I have a problem with grabbing and moving pieces. Running pieces in distilling just isn't as smooth as I'd like.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Dec 21, 2006 1:29:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

My biggest problem is the fact that I have a problem with grabbing and moving pieces. Running pieces in distilling just isn't as smooth as I'd like.

QFT
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Dec 21, 2006 3:21:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates