• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2077 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
thefirstdude

YARRR! Come grab a station with Lunar Rogues!

First, you may ask, who are Lunar Rogues? Lunar Rogues is a small crew under the flag of Water Sleeps. It has been lurking in the shadows, running small pillages at highly varying frequencies.

On Thursday, December 21, and Friday, December 29, two 12-hour brig pillages will happen.

Each will run approximately from 8 AM to 8 PM Pacific / Pirate time. (This is 11 AM to 11 PM Eastern, and 4 PM to 4 AM (the next day) GMT).

I realized, of course, that the daily reboot happens at 8AM Pirate Time, and as such the start will be delayed a bit; however, jobbing will begin immediately after the reboot.

We have invited some of the ocean's finest battle navigators to assist with this event. Each will nav for at least one two-hour slot on at least one of the two days. The schedule, as we have it so far, is below.

But, what makes this pillaging event different from any other, you may ask? The answer is another question: Who killed Captain Boddy? That event was first run as part of the Beta Blast III celebrations, and was a great success. So, I presume, you do not see the connection.

For every two consecutive battles you remain aboard, you will receive one raffle ticket for a drawing we will have after the second pillage. (No, this is not a fundraiser, so you may not purchase additional tickets). For this drawing, pirates will be arranged in alphabetical order and assigned a number of numbers corresponding to the number of tickets they earned (Say Redbeard has 10 tickets, and Bluebeard has 15 tickets, Bluebeard gets assigned numbers 0-14 and Redbeard gets assigned numbers 15-24). Then I will go to Random.org and generate an appropriate number of random integers (Thanks to Sea Blind Mice shipyard on Cranberry for this idea.)
There will be 21 spots to play Who Killed Captain Boddy? - 3 games of 7 people each. The date and time have yet to be determined, but it will be on a weekend in the second half of January.
A pirate may only gain one admission, and is not required to use it (but please tell me if you plan not to so someone else can use it).

The winners of the three sessions may or may not go on to play a Jeopardy-like trivia game (not decided yet).

So anyway, here is the schedule, as promised. All jobbing will begin at 7:30am Pacific.

Time slot | Navver | CO

Thursday, December 21

8am-10am Jedoy | Beartooth
10am-12pm Jadeaddict | Jadesasai
12pm-2pm Beartooth |
2pm-4pm Cptsensible | Beartooth
4pm-6pm Lordkalvan | Kbetle
6pm-8pm Whimsical | Kbetle

Friday, December 29

8am-10am Cptsensible | Beartooth
10am-12pm Shoescooter |
12pm-2pm Shoescooter / Beartooth |
2pm-4pm Whimsical |
4pm-6pm Lordkalvan | Kbetle
6pm-8pm Beartooth | Calebzsednai

We will port about midway through each pillage to restock and divvy.

FAQ/Clarifications

1. You may NOT purchase additional raffle tickets.
2. No, two consecutive battles does not mean two distinct consecutive battles. Five consecutive battles will earn 4 tickets.
3. So what about the restocking cut? It will be divided up as follows, after restocking: 50% split evenly among all the navvers and COs who helped with that leg of the pillage (regardless of how many spots they helped with); 20% to Water Sleeps flag fund, 15% to Lunar Rogues crew fund, and 15% to spin-off event prize pool.

4. Almost all navvers and COs will have crewed alts ranked as Officer.
5. All Water Sleeps personnel will be ranked as Senior Officer (or above) so that they can be easily distinguished.
6. I will attempt to be aboard for the entirety of both pillages, however real life has an uncanny way of interfering with such intentions. There will, however, be, at the very least, an alt of a Water Sleeps officer aboard the ship at all times.

7. We will not be taking pre-reservations for any stations, including gunning. Jobbing will be on a first-come, first-served basis and continue while the current CO wants to. Obviously things can change when the CO changes.

8. At all times, I will have my away message set to Lunar Rogues 12-hour pillage! Currently navving is _________ [whose alt is _________], and currently COing is _________ [whose alt is __________] Send a tell to the CO if you want a job!
The stuff in brackets will be added as neccessary.

Notes to navvers and COs:

For each 2-hour session you work for you will receive 5 raffle tickets on top of what you would get if you were a regular jobber.

I will try to leave COs to their own devices as much as I can, but I would like to establish no hiring of greenies (this is not a recruiting event either), gunners only GM+, as much as possible, and also to respect people needing breaks.
----------------------------------------
Beartooth

Gothmog wrote: 
Listen to Faulkston. [They're] right, you're wrong.

[Dec 20, 2006 7:25:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thefirstdude

Re: YARRR! Come grab a station with Lunar Rogues!

Two FAQ/Clarifications I forgot somewhere (and the stupid thing won't let me edit my post):

Jobbers are in no way tied to the two-hour slots for navvers and COs.

Navvers may determine the routes on which they will nav assuming someone aboard has the charts or has it memmed.
Beartooth

Gothmog wrote: 

[Dec 20, 2006 7:38:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
archer_jed

umm.. im really confused about the time again bear :(

so.. 8:00 AM in eastern time is 11:00 AM?
Nutella is so good :D.-Philippines/Jedoy
[Dec 20, 2006 8:55:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    archer_jed [Link]  Go to top 
thefirstdude

Start will be approximately 11AM Eastern. Or 4PM GMT. Or 8AM Pacific.
Beartooth

Gothmog wrote: 

[Dec 20, 2006 9:04:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gdjack

If I have to log off to straighten out lagging problems can I re-job? What if I miss "start time"?
[Dec 20, 2006 12:01:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thefirstdude

Oops, thought I had it written that jobbing will continue as long as the CO in charge wants it to.

As for straightening out lag issues (or whatever else may come up), that is up to the CO (although from my personal experience, they all would be happy to oblige, assuming there's still room when you return.)
Beartooth

Gothmog wrote: 

[Dec 20, 2006 12:19:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thefirstdude

So, the first one was yesterday. Despite some, ehm, problems, it went smoothly for the most part.

Learned a few things, though for the second one - we will port and divvy around every 10 battles, depending on when islands pop up. Also lag often made it difficult to check pirates' info pages for decency of stats yesterday, so we will try to be better about checking stats next Friday.

Finally, the navver/CO schedule for next week has yet to be finalized. Once it is, it will be posted below.

Hope to see you there for MUCH MORE, erm, pillaging fun!
Beartooth

Gothmog wrote: 

[Dec 22, 2006 12:18:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thefirstdude

Eeep, forgot to mention this. Due to a serious lapse in judgement on my part, no raffle tickets can be awarded to jobbers on the first pilly. Navvers and COs will still receive their 5 tickets / session, and jobbers will receive tickets for work aboard the pillage next Friday.

Apologies again.
Beartooth

Gothmog wrote: 

[Dec 23, 2006 10:41:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thefirstdude

So the raffle has been, ehm, raffled.

The 21 pirates who will definitely have the option to play Who Killed Captain Boddy? (for details, see the first post in this thread) are:

Beartooth
Carrma
Chochip
Cptsensible
Darkseesa
Gabygirl
Hardknocks
Jeweleen
Kbetle
Kennit
Killerbabs
Lorellen
Mecrob
Patricoo
Shivette
Suelynn
Sunflowersue
Tatsumaru
Trelantris
Whimsical
Zennia

You may notice my name... I swear I did not rig it.

There are also several backups, in case some of those people can't, or don't want to, make it. They are, in this order:

1. Bubblebabe
2. Sassysasha
3. Jjin
4. Ryanslayer
5. Meekachu
6. Ilcomandante
7. Azalea

If all those reserves are used up and there are still empty spaces, they will be given, in arbitrary order, to the volunteers who do not already appear on that list.
Beartooth

Gothmog wrote: 

[Dec 30, 2006 1:07:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
archer_jed

:(

but *snob*....
/me claps.. congr...*snob*...ats!
Nutella is so good :D.-Philippines/Jedoy
[Dec 30, 2006 9:05:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    archer_jed [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates