• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 32
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2095 times and has 31 replies Next Thread
Liz927

Adventures Of "Crusty Pete" Need VOICE ACTORS Reply to this Post

*not sure what form to put this in*

Ahoy! I be Officer Graceodell with the Jack of Aces on the sage ocean. I be writing the tails of “Crusty Pete” and was wondering if anyone would be interested in making the writings of Crusty Pete come to {Simi} life online. I got the idea after doing some art work one night, and then this amazing story rolled out of my pen. And since ive wanted to make a "book on tape" sort of thing.

SO

What I need is some good VOICE ACTORS to bring me characters to life. If anyone would be interested in doing a part from my story could ye just let know.
I am just feeling for interest right now. And once I know if this will be ago then actors will get there lines and then once everything is put together then ye will get to see it.

So here are the parts I be casting for.

Characters

Narrator- Someone who can read with excitement, a natural story teller.

Main-

Crust Pete- Down on his luck, and out of grog; Crusty Pete is the worst pirate to sail the seven seas, but that all changes late one stormy night.

Polly- Crusty Pete’s only friend, and trusted first mate. He’s/she’s (haven’t decided if it’s a boy or girl) a parrot.

Old seadog-Ghost of a fellow lousy pirate. Who gives Crusty Pete the power to change his destiny. Gruff, stern, strong, almost like someone who’s smoked to much. (or give me yer take on a old seadog.)

Grandson of the seadog- Hermit who lives on the isle of the dead man’s chest. Self isolation after finding the world’s greatest treasure.

Minor-Major

Little “cannibal” girl- Girl on first island with the first set of keys for the dead mans chest.

Tiny Women- Key holder on the second Island; tiny of stature (6 inches tall about), high pitched voice.

Fisher-pirate- Voice of the fisher-pirate reading his note to Crusty Pete… no real guide lines. He is male!

Minor-

Old man with green teeth- Heckler of Crusty Pete; make’s fun of Crusty Pete when ever he can.

Crowd- Laughing people

So if any of this sounds interesting or if ye want more info leave a note here on the bored and I will read them and see where it stands.

-Graceodell
[Dec 11, 2006 10:10:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zandia

Re: Adventures Of "Crusty Pete" Need VOICE ACTORS Reply to this Post

A book on tape, huh? Hmmm...sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind 'auditioning' for the cannibal, tiny woman, or Polly parts.
----------------------------------------
Teh Eighth
[Dec 11, 2006 10:20:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

/me raises her hand and waves it around in the air

I'd be thrilled to help out with this. I can even send a sample of my voice if you'd like.
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Dec 11, 2006 10:34:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Torenn

On tape, my voice sounds quite high and girly, so I reckon I could be a good Cannibal Girl or Tiny Woman. Polly I could probably do too. Im happy to be drafted in when needed, I can make my voice sound like basically anything, I will experiment. Also, if ye need any other parts, Im here if ye want me, just send me a PM.
Torenn everywhere, but mainly on Midnight.
[Dec 12, 2006 3:17:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

I'd love to paticipate but my voice is not suited for any of your actors. Keep me in mind for narrator, though. =)
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Dec 12, 2006 6:20:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GamerzKid

Ooo! I'm interested :D

I think the only thing that I am suited for though is narrator....
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.

--

Marzo of Midnight, Hunter, Sage, Viridian: Retired / Hiatus.
Buoyancy of Viridian: Active

First started playing: 2005.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by GamerzKid at Dec 12, 2006 4:44:44 PM]
[Dec 12, 2006 4:44:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Liz927

Yar! So it be looking like there be some interest. So now what we have to do is get more interest harharhar!

Here be the list of selected parts Ye want to audition for {IF YE WANT TO AUDITION LET ME KNOW FOR WHAT ROLL OR ROLL'S}

Characters

Narrator- Synful, GamerzKid

Main-

Crust Pete- AUDITIONS NEEDED

Polly- Zandia, Torenn ,

Old seadog- AUDITIONS NEEDED

Grandson of the seadog- AUDITIONS NEEDED

Minor-Major

Little ?cannibal? girl- Zandia, Torenn

Tiny Women- Zandia, Torenn

Fisher-pirate- AUDITIONS NEEDED

Minor-

Old man with green teeth- AUDITIONS NEEDED

Crowd- AUDITIONS NEEDED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Looks like we have the female roll's taken care of now all we need is some good ol' boy's to pick up the slack.

If ye know anyone who would make a good Crusty Pete would ye let me know?! He will be the hardest one to cast.
But as long as the Narrator is cast soon we can get on with the recording of everyone else and add in the male parts as they get filled.

So today I will finish writing out what needs to be written out. And ye will soon be getting yer parts to record for auditions. I will send ye all a PM with yer parts and my email. We can chat when ever ye would like and ye may ask me any questions. I have Yahoo messenger and Msn messenger. I will give out my yahoo messenger for now but if you perfer MSN give me a ding or a email to my yahoo with yer MSN name and I will get back to you as soon as I can. YAHOO- evergreen_girly
{email- evergreen_girly@yahoo.com }
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IN ORDER TO DO THIS PROJECT YE WILL NEDD:
-MIC
-COMPUTER
-SPEAK THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
-IMAGINATION
-PEOPLE SKILL'S
AND MOST IMPORTENTLY THE ABLILITY TO HAVE FUN AND LAUGH AT YERSELF!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Liz927 at Dec 13, 2006 9:32:00 AM]
[Dec 13, 2006 9:29:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

D'oh, forgot to add this. I can audition for any and all of the female parts - I'm flexible like that.
Jen wrote: 

[Dec 13, 2006 12:02:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Noheart

I would love to audition for one of the male parts. I have acting training and a bit of professional voice acting experience. Mostly I do classical theatre though.

My last voice project was small, but we got three nominations and won a 2006 Machinima Festival Award. It's called Just a Game and it won for Best Off-the-Shelf

So count me in for auditions, I'm looking forward to reading the script!

~Noheart
[Dec 13, 2006 12:38:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Torenn

May I send an audio clip with samples of all the different voices that would fit characters here?
[Dec 13, 2006 1:15:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Noheart

I would like to mention that if I may also audition for the role of the narrator I would love to. If ye really only need the male parts filled, just send me those sides then.

I would have edited my earlier post but the edit button is not workign with the recent forum updates.

~Noheart
[Dec 13, 2006 1:21:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Liz927

I be so pleased with the interest ye all are showing :)

as for the script it will basicly just be yer spoken parts that ye will get, i want the story to be a surprize once i put it all together.

Ye can try out for more then one spot. Really im just looking for good voice's to match up with the movie i see in my head, so weather ye get one spot or five it doesnt matter to me :)

I hope to have picked snippits out of the story to have for ye to read shorty. I will go through the list in the morning and see what spots need to be adutioned first.

I be so excited. I want to thank ye all for helping me bring me dream to reality.

Oh and when and if ye add me to yer yahoo messenger, pls let me know who ye be first before ye add me.

Great, so i will talk to ya'll shorty.

Graceodell
[Dec 13, 2006 6:49:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Liz927

Ahoy all,

Okay, so I spent most of last night and this morning setting up the audition takes. So what I need is for everyone who wants to audition to send me an email to

evergreen_girly@yahoo.com

In the email please have your screen name from the forum and the part/s you would like to read for. Most parts are small so if you want to take on more then one your most welcome but make sure your voice changes for each roll. I will give out more details in the email when I reply. So feel free to ask any questions.

Once again in order to do this ye will need:
-Mic
-Computer & internet access (one would hope since yer here ye have that)
-Imagination
-ability to laugh at yerself
-Ability to take direction
-a willingness to be goofy, and silly when needed

I want to thank everyone who is helping to make this dream reality. I can’t wait to hear from everyone.

Graceodell
[Dec 14, 2006 12:19:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Torenn

-ability to laugh at yerself
-a willingness to be goofy, and silly when needed

Roger that!

I will send sound clips in an email as soon as my cold goes away and I stop sounding like I am holding my nose while I speak.
[Dec 14, 2006 12:25:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Liz927

[/quote]

Roger that!

I will send sound clips in an email as soon as my cold goes away and I stop sounding like I am holding my nose while I speak.[/quote]

Torenn- I have a Script I need ye to read if yer going to audition so send me an email with the info listed above. And I will send ye the script id like ye to read.

Thank's mate

Graceodell
[Dec 14, 2006 4:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Torenn

Roger that!

I will send sound clips in an email as soon as my cold goes away and I stop sounding like I am holding my nose while I speak.

Torenn- I have a Script I need ye to read if yer going to audition so send me an email with the info listed above. And I will send ye the script id like ye to read.

Thank's mate

Graceodell

Er.... yep I knew that, course I did. Will do.
[Dec 15, 2006 6:58:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Liz927

Ahoy everyone!

I really need more ppl to try out for the parts... I still have major openings.

Check the list in the post over this one.

IMPORTENT

We still need

Crusty Pete
Sea Dog

Other parts are needed as well, TRY OUT FOR ANY AND ALL PARTS (SOME CREATIVE FREEDOM ALLOWED AND OPENESS {on my part} TO MAKE CHANGES WHERE NEEEDED ). email me if you need the script and i will tell you more about the book,

evergreen_girly@yahoo.com

Graceodell
Aka Liz

[Dec 21, 2006 4:25:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Is it possible to get a sneak peek at what these characters look like? That helps some folks realize if they can do the voice justice or not.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Dec 21, 2006 4:33:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

*raises hand for Crust Pete* *Walks off*
Feel like a space adventure?
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Dec 22, 2006 9:23:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Noheart

Liz,
my apologies for not getting my recordings to ye sooner. I went on vacation for Christmas and then realized I forgot my good mic. I will record the auditions with the laptop mic and send them to ye tomorrow.

~Noheart
[Dec 22, 2006 10:06:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

I emailed you a link to my audition. =)
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Dec 22, 2006 11:11:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

My computer broke. I wasn't able to do any sort of recordings, sorry. If you still need me or want me to, once I get it back, I will. =)
Jen wrote: 

[Dec 26, 2006 6:12:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Liz927

Ahoy everyone! Happy holidays!
Wow lots of typing to do. Here we go

Synful : aye, I got your audition. Thank ye so much. As for pictures, I am working on it. I have crusty Pete done, but no scanner so I use my mother in-laws. I am working on drawings *hint hint*

Gloraelin : aye of course I want ye to. When are ye getting back? I’ve been giving pirates 2 weeks from the time they email me, so let me know :)

Arty : Aye, I got yer email and I have written you back :)

Noheart : It’s alright, I understand Christmas is a crazy time for everyone (that’s why its taken me so long too).

Ok so I think I’ve answered those…. If not ask more :)

Um… um… um… oh right… so you get 2 weeks from the time I get an email saying you want the part(s) to get the recording into me. I have some software that’s free if anyone needs some recording software.

Oh and microphone … Please try to not have any back ground noise in it, I find it’s best to have a headset microphone, or if your using a stand up microphone try putting a foam cover for a microphone over it (remove the small white cap and slip the foam over), it stops your breath from being recorded.

Make sure when your reading a part that your acting and not reading it… it’s very important. Think of being on a stage and acting out your lines. I know its hard with what has been given but there is some direction and if you need more or want to change something then let me know by sending me an email: evergreen_girly@yahoo.com and we can either write emails, chat on yahoo messenger (evergreen_girly); I also have voice chat if you would like to do it that way, or I have msn messenger but I will only give that out in an email.

So once again thank you for helping me, I think you’re all going to love the out come. I think I will send each of you a disk recording if you like. I wish there was something else I could do.

Graceodell
A.k.a Liz
[Dec 26, 2006 10:20:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

Ive sent ye me second auditon =)
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Dec 26, 2006 10:41:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Liz927

Just a tip for recordings... Dont stop the recording even if you mess up keep going start over but dont stop the recording. this way i can take the best word or sound or whatever... so say each line about 5 times. Gives me more to use when im editing.
[Dec 29, 2006 2:26:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Just a tip for recordings... Dont stop the recording even if you mess up keep going start over but dont stop the recording. this way i can take the best word or sound or whatever... so say each line about 5 times. Gives me more to use when im editing.

Do you mean this for the auditions or have ya chosen your readers and I wasn't chosen? lol
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Dec 29, 2006 3:43:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Liz927

Nope no one has been picked yet:)

just ment that when your recording dont stop, keep it recording and just start over so i can pick the best take maybe say the one line over and over about 5 times so i can pick certin things out of each one to get the perfect take. It would help so much.

even if you give me 5 takes in 5 different files thats good too (ie one line per saved file)

Grace
[Dec 29, 2006 4:18:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Liz927

Crusty Pete Background music sneak peek Reply to this Post

Ahoy all... Here be a sneak peek since i dont have the drawings ready. Let know what ye think. With the graphic just place yer mouse over it DO NOT click it (for some reason it's clickable?)

http://www.geocities.com/evergreen_girly/CrustyPeteOpening.html

[Dec 30, 2006 1:59:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

Re: Crusty Pete Background music sneak peek Reply to this Post

Ahoy all... Here be a sneak peek since i dont have the drawings ready. Let know what ye think. With the graphic just place yer mouse over it DO NOT click it (for some reason it's clickable?)

http://www.geocities.com/evergreen_girly/CrustyPeteOpening.html

Thats an incrediable drawing! Bravo!
Maybe voice actors get an avatar by u as payment lol
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Dec 30, 2006 3:23:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Gloraelin : aye of course I want ye to. When are ye getting back? I?ve been giving pirates 2 weeks from the time they email me, so let me know :)

I don't know yet. Apparently the hard drive just crashed and burned, and the store is waiting for a replacement. I might be able to hijack one of my family's computers to do the recording, but I'm not sure at the moment.
Jen wrote: 

[Dec 31, 2006 4:32:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates