• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 378
Posts: 378   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 78847 times and has 377 replies Next Thread
elkbrains

Blockade Videos

Edit: There was once a link here.
----------------------------------------
Elkbrains - Sage Ocean

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Castor at Oct 25, 2011 7:26:16 PM]
[Dec 9, 2006 7:29:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elkbrains

Re: Blockade Videos

Recently added the Wissachicken 1 blockade videos.

This was a three way blockade between Eternal Glory (blue), Rebellion (red), and Armed Cocktail Party (also red). Here are the end scores for each round:

Round 1:
EG: 182
R: 120
ACP: 109

Round 2:
EG: 194
R: 157
ACP: 105

Round 3:

EG: 558
R: 0
ACP: 34

Round 1 was an intense one. Each flag was gaining points at about the same rate towards the beginning. Then Eternal Glory pulled ahead, but about 3/4 of the way into the round Rebellion took the lead. However, Eternal Glory took the points back and won the round.

Just like in round 1, Eternal Glory had the lead in points from the beginning, but about half way through the round Rebellion took first place. With about 10 minutes left to go, Eternal Glory took the lead again and held it until the end of the round.

Rebellion decided to pull out and I believe they sent their jobbers to Armed Cocktail Party (based on the influx of jobbers ACP got after round 2). However, Eternal Glory got their ships on the board very fast and didn’t allow Armed Cocktail Party to get many points. About 20 minutes into the round Armed Cocktail Party decided to pull out of the blockade.
Elkbrains - Sage Ocean

[Dec 9, 2006 7:29:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inannamute

Because the other six threads about wissahickon weren't enough?
Inanna, Sage
Captain of Dulce et Decorum est
Nannatars

Current Avatar by Pokeme
[Dec 9, 2006 7:45:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lorenith

theres no such thing as too many threads of the same on this board it seems.

edit: spelling?
Lorenith-Sage
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lorenith at Dec 9, 2006 8:37:55 PM]
[Dec 9, 2006 8:37:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://lorenith.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
elkbrains

Because the other six threads about wissahickon weren't enough?

Actually, this thread is not about the recent blockade. This thread is one which I am going to bump when I add more videos and just keep the link in the original post.

Just my way of trying to keep all my blockade videos in one place where everyone can find them.

Fair enough?
Elkbrains - Sage Ocean

[Edit 1 times, last edit by elkbrains at Dec 9, 2006 8:40:17 PM]
[Dec 9, 2006 8:39:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inannamute

Ok, I was just getting bored of reading essentially the same topic 6 times.
Inanna, Sage
Captain of Dulce et Decorum est
Nannatars

Current Avatar by Pokeme
[Dec 9, 2006 9:39:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

In all fairness, that stupid grand frig thing got a dozen threads. They want six threads that seem to be full of sportsmanship? More power to them!
Pauling of the Lost Lot, Sagemerald
Officer emeritus and occasional cabin person
Puppetar (and drawing of secret Blackthorpe plans) by the talented Tilinka
[Dec 9, 2006 11:18:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chopper56

I happen to think this is a great thread...

Elkbrains is providing a service to everyone that has been charged for in the past (for reference, see LA vs QT tartfest about taping a blockade etc).

This will allow people to train at admiral/bnav on their own time and to watch and see where they have gone wrong in past blockades (in terms of strategy). Kudo's Elk, I look forward to seeing more.
Billyb

As the great philospher Jagger once said....
"You can't always get what you want!"
[Dec 9, 2006 11:45:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elkbrains

Hey, thanks for the kind words. Yup, the plan is to post videos from all the blockades that I will get a chance to record so everyone can have a chance to watch them. Just trying to help.
Elkbrains - Sage Ocean

[Dec 10, 2006 3:42:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ScaryMuffin

I also really appreciate these videos and I wish that i didn't have to choose between participating in a blockade and recording it :p

I've been considering adding commentary to a blockade video for aspiring admirals and first time goers, anyone have a particular video that they think demonstrates a lot of good strategies? Once one is picked, I'll also ask people to add in their own comments so that the video will cover a lot of things (I'll be recording my screen of the video playing so that I can pause it whenever and point at things with my mouse...total time should be about twice as long as the recording ~25-30 minutes)
Scarymuffin of the Sage Ocean

Apollo wrote: 
Duh. Sorry, Scarymuffin ate my brain.

[Dec 10, 2006 2:02:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
konck1

Muffin wrote: 
I also really appreciate these videos and I wish that i didn't have to choose between participating in a blockade and recording it :p

I've been considering adding commentary to a blockade video for aspiring admirals and first time goers, anyone have a particular video that they think demonstrates a lot of good strategies? Once one is picked, I'll also ask people to add in their own comments so that the video will cover a lot of things (I'll be recording my screen of the video playing so that I can pause it whenever and point at things with my mouse...total time should be about twice as long as the recording ~25-30 minutes)

ESPN 8 The Ocho
Ruthless Balla 4 Real
[Dec 10, 2006 2:31:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    overlyclever [Link]  Go to top 
BTV

I'd say Round 1 at Wissa would be the best to analyze, if you have to pick one. I can elaborate in detail with you through PMs/Vent/InGame, if you'd like.
[Dec 10, 2006 2:48:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chopper56

I have a differing opinion.

Round 2- where all the flags were placed fairly close to one another in a straight line from top to bottom of the screen has the best potential for strategy.
Billyb

As the great philospher Jagger once said....
"You can't always get what you want!"
[Dec 11, 2006 5:59:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

On the flipside, the best example of a lesson to up and coming blockade admirals is definitely round 3. Note how ACP squanders their frigate advantage by yielding the southwest cluster, then getting sunk when they finally try to influence it.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Dec 11, 2006 7:16:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jjwillis

Elkbrains.. you ROCK!

This is so nice of you to do this.
-J.J. Willis
~DEAD~
One heck of a nice guy (self proclaimed)
[Dec 11, 2006 8:32:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
okcorall

Aye, it's great to be able to catch bits you missed. Good for you Elk.
Hiding down south
[Dec 11, 2006 8:34:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elkbrains

Thanks for the praise, it is good encouragement for me to record more blockades. Which leads me to my next point...

I only have 1 GB of space for posting my videos online. Currently I am using about 0.7 GB. If I record any blockades this weekend, I will probably be taking down both Admiral 5 and Admiral 7 so I can post the new blockade videos. So, if you haven't yet downloaded those videos and you would like to, please do it before Saturday.

Thanks again,
Elky

Edit: Gotta love those random ?s that show up when you copy and paste from Microsoft Word.
Elkbrains - Sage Ocean

[Edit 2 times, last edit by elkbrains at Dec 11, 2006 10:38:15 AM]
[Dec 11, 2006 10:36:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
konck1

Elky wrote: 
I only have 1 GB of space for posting my videos online. Currently I am using about 0.7 GB.

Anyone wanna sponser Elky's vids here?
Ruthless Balla 4 Real
[Dec 11, 2006 10:43:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    overlyclever [Link]  Go to top 
ScaryMuffin

Your vids don't seem that long, why not try posting them up on youtube or google video?
Scarymuffin of the Sage Ocean

Apollo wrote: 
Duh. Sorry, Scarymuffin ate my brain.

[Dec 11, 2006 11:28:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

New game!

Watch the Chicken Round 2 video and count the number of move sequences that this guy is influencing zero, one, or two points:

I think he was going for a 45 minute ineffectiveness record.

Elky - try asking Piplicus from notoriousfandango.com - I think they have extra space to host this kind of stuff.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Dec 11, 2006 12:25:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elkbrains

The main reason why I didn't want to post the videos on youtube or google video is because they lower the quality so much. But if that doesn't bother people, I would be happy to place them there. Then everyone can find them when ever they want.

About that frig that was only getting one or two points per turn, it was full of bilge and damage. I guess it would have been better to let it sink and get a fresh ship on the board, but I belive it stayed on long enough to get the bilge down and put a few more sinks in.
Elkbrains - Sage Ocean

[Dec 11, 2006 1:01:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
konck1

Elky wrote: 
I guess it would have been better to let it sink and get a fresh ship on the board, but I belive it stayed on long enough to get the bilge down and put a few more sinks in.

Long as it isn't my poe :p
Ruthless Balla 4 Real
[Dec 11, 2006 1:02:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    overlyclever [Link]  Go to top 
fearlessphil

Elky, a freind of mine is buying a web server soon, he is letting me have 100GB on it for free, so if we sort something out, maybe you would like to host it there?
Fearlessphil

Trial the new version of Blockadevideos.com
Forum thread

/e loves his Muffin Tiar
[Dec 11, 2006 2:00:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.blockadevideos.com [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

About that frig that was only getting one or two points per turn, it was full of bilge and damage.

Watch it for the whole video. It's got plenty of tokens.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chavez67 at Dec 11, 2006 2:36:06 PM]
[Dec 11, 2006 2:35:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BTV

I personally think Rebellion devoting nearly 100 jobbers for 15-20 minutes to fight a WB was a worse display of tactics and such.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BTV at Dec 11, 2006 2:36:39 PM]
[Dec 11, 2006 2:36:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

I personally think Rebellion devoting nearly 100 jobbers for 30 minutes to fight a WB was a worse display of tactics and such.

Round One oceanside? Yup. Over like 2 points no less. On the flipside, the navver of the brig they were trying to sink deserves major props for not only staying alive, but *on influence* for most of his/her time out there. That was an inspirational display of bobbing and weaving, mindful of their influence ring. That navver deserves a bigger boat next time.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chavez67 at Dec 11, 2006 3:00:54 PM]
[Dec 11, 2006 2:38:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BTV

Yea, over the two point cluster. From talking to mates, I think that was the first time he's navved in a real blockade. Yes, he did great.
[Dec 11, 2006 2:42:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Who was that guy? Certainly seemed like one of the more talented people out there.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Dec 11, 2006 3:01:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jjwillis

I personally think Rebellion devoting nearly 100 jobbers for 15-20 minutes to fight a WB was a worse display of tactics and such.

Yea, that WB naver was good. If you watch, he was getting alot of move tokens being severly damaged. He must had some great bilgers on there.

Rebellion was contesting the points noone cared about or thought were important. I think that was a good strategy. One thing I may have changed was to move all ships to the 4 point cluster when the other EG WF left it. (Hindsight is 20/20 though) I think their ships had some damage and may not have made it. Who knows what the outcome would have been if they did that.
-J.J. Willis
~DEAD~
One heck of a nice guy (self proclaimed)
[Dec 12, 2006 8:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elkbrains

There will be two islands blockaded at one time this weekend and I only have the ability to film one blockade at a time. I am wondering if someone would be willing to film one of the blockades for me. I am planning on filming the Scrimshaw blockade, so if some one can film the Wissa one, that would be awesome.

P.S. Minalesca, don't you know you are supposed to pass your blockade ideas by me first so we can avoid problems like this? :-P Don't worry, I still <3 ya!

P.P.S Mina Mina Mina Mina Mina
Elkbrains - Sage Ocean

[Dec 15, 2006 3:17:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 378   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates