• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 710 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Spiphy

The killer feature!! Reply to this Post

The sing command. It would be very simple just display the text after it in a box with a little music note before and after.
[Jan 4, 2004 9:04:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vang_

Re: The killer feature!! Reply to this Post

Is it really necessary? You could just do "/me signs "song"" instead of implementing an entirely new feature.
[Jan 4, 2004 9:07:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

You can already type in musical notes. I see no need for a /sing...

now, the /cheer and the /shame commands I wanted would be cool ^_^ (being able to manually trigger swordfight victory/loss poses ^_^ )
----------------------------------------
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jan 4, 2004 9:39:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
TheCosmicChz

My version of windows 98 won't let me do direct insert of control characters through alt + ### like you folks. Vera strange

Since they are characters though, I have a document with all those characters in it and I can cut/paste them jus' fine.

Agreed though, its not quite worth the extra work for a simple thing. I would like to see /cheer and /shame though . . . and what about /pose to toggle your current pose? I find it troublesome to walk around in circles for 5 minutes so I'm not in an angry looking hands-on-hips or crossed-in-front-of-chest pose when I'm tryin t'hit on someone--err yeah =P
--Dcurd :
Not the cap'n of Dcurd's crew
Stick-wielder of questionable sanity-or something
[Jan 4, 2004 3:49:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    NotSoDreadDcurd [Link]  Go to top 
54x

My version of windows 98 won't let me do direct insert of control characters through alt + ### like you folks. Vera strange

Use Charmap then ^_^

/pose

This is the reason I got told /cheer and /shame wouldn't go in- people would want new poses for other things, and them asking for new poses wouldn't be worth the trouble of adding this feature for the existing ones :)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jan 4, 2004 3:55:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Cedric

I believe yer best bet in these regards would be down the road when the list is so trimmed that they be ready to work on some sort of configurable macro system, or when they release the toolkits that might allow players to make some sort of ultiity for such things, depending on what features said toolkits include.
Captain of the Yellow Jackets (Midnight)
Not to be taken internally (or seriously)
May cause rash
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Maverick1701 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates