• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1879 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
glasseyes

The Morning Star and Backlash is holding a christmas sloop raffle

With many thanks to Jadesasai for the image - cheers chick you are a true hearty :-)

Come on mates and buy your tickets, this sloop is worth over 30k on its own just for the sloop and rename costs let alone the paint and stock on board.

:-D
----------------------------------------
Glasseyes

Watch your halo doesnt slip and strangle u!!!!!!!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by glasseyes at Dec 11, 2006 12:50:30 AM]
[Dec 8, 2006 11:59:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HDangeruss

Re: The Morning Star and Backlash is holding a christmas sloop raffle

So I've got to wonder... who won?

Looks like the ship changed crews, but stayed in Backlash...

Just like the Creaking Coffinfish raffle at Halloween.

Hmmmmm....

Got to wonder if you've got an independent accounting firm auditing your drawings.

That's 2 for 2.
[Dec 19, 2006 4:28:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
windex_777

I'd be interested in learning who won as well, as the drawing was supposed to take place 2 days ago. How was the raffle done?
~Redthepirate

"The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best." ~Will Rogers
[Dec 20, 2006 4:45:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Argemone

Shenanigans?
Ligeia (Ly-Gee-Ah), Midnight Cerulean
Going Down,
Universe A
[Dec 22, 2006 8:46:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gregbb

Sorry i will get Glass to update here ASAP.

And yes even with all i bought i didnt win either :) i do know it was someone in backlash though and it was a random draw.

but will let Glass know to give more accurate info.

thanks ahead for your patience.
Gregbb
Tyr's Own
[Dec 23, 2006 10:03:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madison002

Glass has gone out of town for the Christmas holidays, I'm trying to catch her to get her list or else will try to get the deed to the boat so I can post the list here myself.

I know that with this raffle as well as with the coffinfish one, we had maybe 6 people from outside the flag buy tickets for it, so chances of it staying in the flag are greater when flag mates are buying a ton of tickets. But i'll get the list as soon as I can and post it here so everyone can see.
Leandrala
Cerulean Ocean
Captain of Bliss
[Dec 23, 2006 11:31:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dentalgirl

Congrats to the winner of the sloop raffle Agenda. Yes we have raffled off 2 sloops and both have been won by flag members. It was never advertised as a raffle for the ocean only and everything was done fair and by the books. I know there will be sore losers out there, sorry you did not win. Maybe next time you can purchase more tickets to up your chances.

I have poured thousands of PoE into this raffles and have yet to win anything. That is why it is called a raffle (me points Webster should you need some help with an explanation). When we hold raffles like this, our flag usually does purchase about 75% of the raffle tickets, if not more. So look at the odds....do the math. If you don't like the odds, don't buy a ticket. If you want to change the odds...buy more tickets. If you are trying to acuse Backlash of running some scam, I can assure you dear sir you are way out of line. Find something better to do with your time. Have a beer, smoke a cigarette or work on your gun stats.

Again, congrats to Agenda on the winning ticket and again we are sorry for the delay in posting results. It is a busy time of the year for all. We thank everyone that purchased a raffle ticket and look forward to our next fundraiser.

Happy Holidays....
[Dec 24, 2006 6:51:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sarahbert

I don't think anyone was accusing you of anything -- they just noticed an odd pattern, and wondered at possible explanations.

You didn't mention anywhere that most tickets would be purchased by flagmates, and most raffles posted in the main forums are tryng to make poe from outside the flag...so you can see how some folks might think the most likely explanation is "shenanigans."
Melarma
(Midnight)
[Dec 25, 2006 8:57:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

If you don't like the odds, don't buy a ticket. If you want to change the odds...buy more tickets. If you are trying to acuse Backlash of running some scam, I can assure you dear sir you are way out of line. Find something better to do with your time. Have a beer, smoke a cigarette or work on your gun stats.

Yikes. I think they just wanted something like:
"Flag members bought 114 tickets. Out-of-flag people bought 34 tickets. Sorry, mateys, but I guess our flag just likes me raffles!"
Chrisspy
[Dec 27, 2006 1:38:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
windex_777

I don't think it was unfair to question the integrity of the contest when the results were not posted when they were promised and the boat changed ownership. All it took was someone actually posting the winner, some stats and how the raffle was done and there would be no reason to question. Things done in the open and clearly have less reason to seem sketchy.
~Redthepirate

"The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best." ~Will Rogers
[Dec 28, 2006 7:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glasseyes

Damnit, im sooooooooooooo sorry but i havent been able to post in the ypp forums since i posted the above post, i have no idea why, just said i couldnt edit the post and i couldnt seem to add a new reply one either, said im not authorised or sumthing. I have actually been away (and still am) for the holidays so do apologise at the lateness of trying again to get my results posted, but i promise u i have tried.

The raffle was drawn by me writing every single ticket out by my own fair hands. however many was bought i wrote an induvidual ticket for, and folded them, then they were all put into a tin and my boyfriend actually picked the winning ticket.

Alot of flag mates bought tickets and not many ppl outside the flag actually came and bought n e tickets, but Agenda won the raffle and congrats to him and my apologies to those who didnt. I will post the list of who bought how many tickets as soon as i get back home :-)

Again mates u have my sincere apologies

Thanks very much for those of u who supported my raffle

Glass
Glasseyes

Watch your halo doesnt slip and strangle u!!!!!!!
[Dec 29, 2006 5:50:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates