• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5785 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
pomfret

Re: Kingpriam's Treasure Hunt: The Blood Stone [find it by Dec 6th, 10am pst]

~*~The Blood Stone~*~

Overflowing with power and rumored to have magical powers, the Blood Stone could aid in deciphering the past, determining the present, and mandating the future.

When I first discovered the treasure, I was suprised for it wasn't a stone at all.

And while it lay dormant before my eyes, I could feel the blood flowing through it's body...within it, lay the power of a fleet, the riches of kings, and a test of sight for man's proud tastes.

A treasure that overfloweth like a cornicopia of possibilities.

What is this treasure? Cashbox

What color is it? Red

What piece of furniture can carry the weight of such a treasure?
Table

Who thinks the Blood Stone is cool stuff to keep around? (or something like that... :/) Pirates on Doubloon Oceans

:)
----------------------------------------
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Dec 6, 2006 8:54:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

~*~The Blood Stone~*~

Overflowing with power and rumored to have magical powers, the Blood Stone could aid in deciphering the past, determining the present, and mandating the future.

--> Stone? Stone? Like a rock? What about the coal? That looks like a rock. Carbon can be used for carbon-dating (ah, the past thingy). Determine present and mandate future? Perhaps something to do with pencils and writing (carbon) and fossil fuels...

When I first discovered the treasure, I was suprised for it wasn't a stone at all.

--> While the Lump of coal looks like a rock, it is in fact not a stone...but that just seems tooooo easy... :P

And while it lay dormant before my eyes, I could feel the blood flowing through it's body...within it, lay the power of a fleet, the riches of kings, and a test of sight for man's proud tastes.

--> I guess the fuel of coal, the diamonds that can sometimes be found in it, and the notion that many would not care to look at it or own it...

A treasure that overfloweth like a cornicopia of possibilities.

All that water imagery: Flowing, overflowing, cornicopia, blood...what was that about? Oh, I remember....Red Herrings!

What is this treasure? Coal
What color is it? (red herring, there's only one color) Black

What piece of furniture can carry the weight of such a treasure?
Display case

Who thinks the Blood Stone is cool stuff to keep around? (or something like that... :/) Now I remember, it wasn't "Cool Stuff" it was "KoolStof" as spoken by the Dutch, or as we would translate "coal-stuff"...

-----------------------------------------------

~*~The Blood Stone~*~

So who won this round?

Feylind. With a close runner up of Baldo. Though no one got the last question, perhaps I was being a little too hard on ye all. Honorable mention goes to Squido for her fine Anvil stories!

Excellent answers you all!

And remember, after this next puzzle, it will be another greater treasure!!!!! 2 of 99....Check out the main thread to see the last Greater Treasure...yes...you WANT IT....trust me!

Feylind, come find me and collect your Blood Stone. Baldo, you get a sloppy old rancid fish. Lucky bugger!

Next puzzle comin up soon! Like in a day soon!

kp
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Dec 6, 2006 10:25:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Yay!

I got almost all the references except the writing utensils and the Dutch... Though I was thinking more war over fossil fuels for current events, and I took the blood references to refer to red-hot coals. The cornucopia I was completely unable to make a match-up for... glad to know there wasn't one :-) And as for choosing Santa, I took it to mean that he liked coal "cool" for stocking stuffing as opposed to liking it for it's heating properties.

These are fun, KP. Bet I never even come close on another one, but keep them coming :-)

-- Fey
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Dec 6, 2006 1:03:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

/e hopes the greater treasure will turn into another screeny contest :P
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Dec 6, 2006 2:35:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

/e hopes the greater treasure will turn into another screeny contest :P

don't encourage them!

I won't be so nice next time!

;)
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Dec 6, 2006 2:45:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates