• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2028 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
DonCarnage

commodities guide for dummies Reply to this Post

so if ye do be an officer or higher and have the ability to take out ships and trade - what be the ropes and process for doin so?
----------------------------------------
Not everything I think is something I should say...
[May 23, 2003 6:21:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

"the ropes" Reply to this Post

1. Hemp is of no use to ye right now
2. It takes money to make money
3. Pillage and trade, pillage and trade

Buy iron at Byrne, wood at Turtle and Papaya, sugarcane at WS and Papaya. Sell at Alpha. Make sure there's demand before ye go, or be prepared to have yer booty tied up in raw materials for a while. Pillage on the way to yer pickup to pay off yer npps - if ye have to split profits with a full crew, there won't be much left.

This should all change as the next phase of the economy comes in.
[May 23, 2003 6:30:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vixen

Re: commodities guide for dummies Reply to this Post

If the answer your after be what i thinking i do this

1. Check ship has maps i be needing (run 2 ships at present so share maps)

2. Check my hold has

a. enough money to pay NPP's while I out plundering
b. enough rum for the voyage (i like over 20+)
c. Cannonballs

3. Trip to bank, withdraw 1,000 (ammount personal prefrence)

4. Order at least 1 order (10) rum and cannonballs if ship be needing

5. Hire npp's, take npp's aboard ship and assign jobs

by then the stuff would ready you ordered if you needed that to stock up, if that was the case I would have ordered double and left the surplus lying at merchants for when i return.

6. deposit spare POE in bank (the ship paying npp's and you should have everthing aboard you need)

7. Tax MY seas (you be pillaging which is much the same just less fun)

upon the return and after splitting booty, I recheck my hold to make sure it has
POE
Rum
Cannonballs

(youve already paid for this if you need it delivered from supplier)

this ensures my ship ready for a sister if she wants to take her out, or my next voyage.

If I had used the stuff on order I would go and order more from relivant supplier.

If you still aint sure DC, speak to me in game and if i doing nothing i walk you threw what i do (everyone probably got diffrent methods, this just the way i was shown)
Vixen - Captain of The Black Widows.
[May 23, 2003 10:32:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Re: commodities guide for dummies Reply to this Post

Don, most of the officers around will help you or give you advice - one of the best things you can do is ask someone if you can pick their brains! I will gladly take you out & explain what I do & why (it may not be the best way but I'm doing not too bad) along the lines of how to choose npp's, what to take or not, what courses I plot & reasons etc...

Job for a few different people & see what you think; I'm sure my way's not the best way, but it'd be a start.
[May 23, 2003 11:03:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates