• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2436 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
micklauer

Kingpriam's Treasure Hunt: Dream Requiem [find it by Dec. 2nd, 10am pst!]

Midnight Treasure Hunters:
Dream Requiem

I will recall this treasure by December 2nd, 10am PST

Please read the rules thoroughly before posting

~*~Dream Reqiuem~*~

This treasure was a gift from the Vy King, a great barbarian warlord and close friend of mine. All I seem to have retained is this short poem that came with it:

Dream Requiem

Made mostly of possibilities...severed heralds of the future plummetting to the ground.

adorned by roughly 200 spiritual trees, though the forest once had 300...and yet no one cut these down.

the earthmother is our ocean, and we are her suns that mark across the horizon, rising and setting back into the sea.

see now what stump remains of the forest that once swept across the world...

-------------------------------------

the first and second stanza still baffle me, can you figure them out and explain:________________________________

this treasure is a ______________

and it's color is _____________

kp
----------------------------------------
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Edit 2 times, last edit by micklauer at Nov 30, 2006 2:41:23 PM]
[Nov 30, 2006 6:15:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

Re: Kingpriam's Treasure Hunt: Dream Requiem [find it by Dec. 2nd, 10am pst!]

Dream Requiem

Made mostly of possibilities...severed heralds of the future plummetting to the ground.

adorned by roughly 200 spiritual trees, though the forest once had 300...and yet no one cut these down.

the earthmother is our ocean, and we are her suns that mark across the horizon, rising and setting back into the sea.

the first and second stanza still baffle me, can you figure them out and explain:
Unlimited possible cloths could be manufactured by stepping on the pedals which lower and raise the warp threads by the heddle. As one possible product, the separate threads before have been sail cloths and flags which serve to bear message that warlords were aboard ferocious wooden ships. Yet, several of these vessels have sank along with the high-held banners they once gazed with upcasted eyes.

this treasure is a loom

and it's color is yellow
<-- My avatar no longer reads: Everyone Wants to be a Pirate Even Avatarless Forumer

...soli Deo gloria...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Estam at Nov 30, 2006 6:07:01 PM]
[Nov 30, 2006 9:31:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blessed_Be

the first and second stanza still baffle me, can you figure them out and explain:

Using the Vy King reference to perhaps mean Viking, these first two stanzas are actually fairly simple to decipher. The Viking age lasted from 800 to 1050. debates have been had about whether or not it was actually 1000 or 1100 instead. This explains the 200-300 reference. The spiritual trees could represent the branching off of generations and relations through time. The severed heralds of the future refer to viking raids causing the deaths of entire towns, villages, and family lines. The vikings obliterated many lineages which would have most likely still be here today if they had not been unfortunate enough to cross the viking's path.

this treasure is a dyer

and its color is yellow

EDIT: Now I like his ^ answer better. :-(. (Not like I didn't already...) But I'll stick with my story. The vikings had clothing made mostly of fur. Also, many dye-plants were found at Coppergate, the place where Viking made all of their dye-able materials.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Blessed_Be at Dec 2, 2006 8:15:08 AM]
[Nov 30, 2006 1:00:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

I am realizing thereis an error in my post...

the line should read "roughly 200" not "nearly 200"...

the two posters may change their answers if they wish.

I apologize for the inconvenience...I love the answers so far.

kp

I will change the first post.
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Edit 1 times, last edit by micklauer at Nov 30, 2006 2:39:07 PM]
[Nov 30, 2006 2:35:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Dream Requiem

The first part explains how most people never come to become a monarch, and a throne usuly repersents that.
The second part shows how many monarchs or "flags" once were on the ocean, and many of them rise to power, then slowly fade away

this treasure is a Throne
and it's color is green
Emmett
[Nov 30, 2006 3:36:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

So what's worse than having no clue what the answers are?

Knowing EXACTLY what Stanza One must be referring to (and only needing 10 minutes to figure it out), and still having no clue what Stanza Two means.

Maybe I'll get partial credit. >8)

~*~Dream Reqiuem~*~

This treasure was a gift from the Vy King, a great barbarian warlord and close friend of mine. All I seem to have retained is this short poem that came with it:

Dream Requiem

the first and second stanza still baffle me, can you figure them out and explain: The first stanza refers to the ancient divination technique, first done by the Anglo-Saxons, of a young woman removing the petals of a daisy while saying "He loves me, he loves me not" to determine whether a young man fancied her. The daisy, or "day's eye", was a sacred flower to the Norse, hence the Vy King connection. (No, folks, I'm not making that up.)

(The second stanza, no clue. If someone else gets it, you deserve the prize, mate.)

this treasure is a daisy

and its color is white

kp

Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Dec 2, 2006 7:32:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whedonella

Dream Requiem

the first and second stanza still baffle me, can you figure them out and explain: The Vikings used bones in augury (often with runes inscribed) so casting bones could herald the future. The bones themselves are obviously full of possibility as they grow into adulthood. A human baby is born with approximately 300 bones, yet as the child grows to adulthood these fuse to form 206 (or roughly 200) bones in an adult body.

this treasure is a Skeleton table

and it's color is blue field and yellow markings (the ocean and the sun crossing it)
Whedonella, Pirate of the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer of Piracy by Design
Princess of Pandora's Box
[Dec 2, 2006 9:08:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

so many great answers..very well thought out and a pleasure to read!

kargach certainly opened the doors to the divination aspect of the poem...but rather than daisy, I remmebered it had to do with rune inscribed bones. that led me to stanza two...

whedonella is correct: the human body begins with roughly 300 bones and eventually has about 200 (due to fusing and not losing...thus none are cut down).

the blue ocean ringed with yellow sunlight...

whedonella...wow...I thought I surely was gonna get to keep this one...wow...who the heck are you? I don't ever see you in game, EVER (well except when you collect prizes) do you even play? :P

kargach, you do get some credit for getting that first clue...and for that you get a kingpriam won skull!!!! your dream has finally come true!

:P

for those that didn't win, don't worry, you will have plenty of chances...like tomorrow! weeeee

Dream Requiem

the first and second stanza still baffle me, can you figure them out and explain: The Vikings used bones in augury (often with runes inscribed) so casting bones could herald the future. The bones themselves are obviously full of possibility as they grow into adulthood. A human baby is born with approximately 300 bones, yet as the child grows to adulthood these fuse to form 206 (or roughly 200) bones in an adult body.

this treasure is a Skeleton table

and it's color is blue field and yellow markings (the ocean and the sun crossing it)

d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Dec 2, 2006 10:43:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whedonella

whedonella...wow...I thought I surely was gonna get to keep this one...wow...who the heck are you? I don't ever see you in game, EVER (well except when you collect prizes) do you even play? :P

lol

I do! I do play! I'm at Eta between rounds as I type. :) We must just be on different schedules, KP.

As for who I am . . . just an ordinary pirate lass with a penchant for puzzles.

This was a good one! They are definitely getting tougher.
Whedonella, Pirate of the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer of Piracy by Design
Princess of Pandora's Box
[Dec 2, 2006 2:59:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

As for who I am . . . just an ordinary pirate lass with a penchant for puzzles.

Maybe we could call you...

a "puzzle pirate?!"

Great work.
Chrisspy
[Dec 3, 2006 1:50:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates