• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1564 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
BootyLubber

Anchors Reply to this Post

Harrr, I spend the majority of my time trying to plunder other ships on the sea, and I especially like to attack other crews. I find that attacking other crews is quite difficult, becase they allways are in fights of their own. What usually happens is I spend a good 10 min sailing back and forth waiting for them to finish up. I was wondering if you could give us anchors so we could just stop in the middle of two way points to give us break from constant puzzling and to make it easyer to catch the other crews.
[May 22, 2003 6:02:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    robotcho [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

PvP Reply to this Post

The way-points are there to give you a break from puzzling. And if you're just sitting, waiting between them, all you need is one or two carpenters and you should be fine. Nobody needs to sail, or navigate, or bilge.
The larger issue here, of making it easier to attack other players, is more a question of numbers. We have a nice, Alpha-testable average of 15-20 players on at a given time now. There will be many more in the real game. NPP ships will scale up at a much more gradual pace as the seas fill up with a greater number of players. Come Christmas you'll have to search to fight someone who isn't a player.

-Nemo
----------------------------------------
[May 23, 2003 2:00:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Re: Anchors Reply to this Post

Yarg! i had the "pleasure" of being beaten by yer crew last night. Good thing the black ship isn't sailing yet ay? ;)

As for the anchor, it's in your best interest to be sailing when a crew breaks out of battle since you can match their speed instead of having to start by raising sails and hoping to be better sailors than the other crew.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[May 23, 2003 2:17:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

I was sendin' ye tells askin' whar ye be sailin last night, bootylubber. We took it fer a sign of fright, and ye did indeed dock not long after. Har, har! I'm sure ye rin a fine tight ship, matey.

But if ye be lookin fer a fight, just tell to some of the crew aboard a Rudder Lubber ship. We be always in the waters.
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[May 23, 2003 4:35:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
BootyLubber

Harrr, glad ta here somone be lookin fer a fight, too many run away. When me and Mr. Jiggly first got our small sloop we challenged everyone! Now the waters be clogged with cowards fer captains. Arrr.
[May 23, 2003 8:32:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    robotcho [Link]  Go to top 
bakamedic

ahem Reply to this Post

you want to try my crew? id be happy to oblige
[May 24, 2003 2:21:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

re: ahem Reply to this Post

Hee hee - I think they did try us a couple of times, Pneumothorax - but it didn't go so well...for them!
[May 24, 2003 3:35:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootyLubber

Aye, ARR be the only crew worth me respect. I'd fight ye anyday!
[May 24, 2003 3:52:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    robotcho [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates