• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1406 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Paneity

Yer Avatars Are Bready! Reply to this Post

Okay, so maybe My attempt at an interesting shoppe name has failed...
Ahoy!

I'm Paneity, and I make avatars for the doubloon oceans! I will soon start taking take payment on all the doubloon oceans as Paneity. I'm new to this, so my work will get better, and faster as I get more practice. Also, I will be experimenting with different styles so keep watching this space!

Here are some avatars I have created:

I am aware they look like they came from a portrait, but that could be a bonus right? So as they look like they're from a portrait, you can use a standard portrait background and it won't look too out of place. However If you want a custom background, I can make you one for a small extra charge (when I decide on a price).

So, to get the ball rolling, I'll offer 2 free avatar/portraits to two people of different genders. This is to practice both. In exchange for the freeness, I'd like you to tell me how much you'd pay for an avatar of the quality I make you. Darn, too slow! Still, buy 'em while they're hot!

In fact, all pricing suggestions are very welcome!
----------------------------------------
Paneity - The quality of being bread.

Yer Avatars Are bready!(My avatar shoppe)
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Paneity at Nov 13, 2006 6:36:00 AM]
[Nov 12, 2006 12:25:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CursedWish

Re: Yer Avatars Are Bready! Reply to this Post

Me please!

And please change the backround (it could be anything- let your creativity free ) ;)
DarkLover! on the Viridian Ocean
WishKnight! on the Sage Ocean

[Edit 1 times, last edit by CursedWish at Nov 12, 2006 12:43:52 PM]
[Nov 12, 2006 12:42:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paneity

Wow, a ghost! could take a while to get transparency on MS paint, but we'll see what happens

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Paneity at Nov 12, 2006 12:44:48 PM]
[Nov 12, 2006 12:43:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cerikio

Could I please take a free one? Im a lass by the way.

Ill get a screenie.
[Nov 12, 2006 12:44:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
weejonnyb

Never mind.
Zyxt-sux.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by weejonnyb at Nov 12, 2006 12:53:12 PM]
[Nov 12, 2006 12:45:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paneity

Ye'll have to pay Jonny! weren't the first. still want one?

[Nov 12, 2006 12:47:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cerikio

Ohhh... My computer is being silly. Any chance I can catch ye on Viridian to take one? Even though I press the button, it wont save.
[Nov 12, 2006 12:50:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paneity

WishKnight:

If you'd rather have another background:

Cerikio, I couldn't remember what you looked like, and lost the screenshot. I believe you wanted blue trousers though:

I'm afraid I couldn't think of a witty idea for yours, so if you think of one I can add it along with a background.

Also Feedback is very welcome, on the quality, and pricing of the pictures.

By the by everybody, The people don't have to be in a standard portrait pose, or wearing standard portrait clothes. They can be like other avatars, but in a portrait style. (if that makes sense)

[Nov 13, 2006 6:33:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cerikio

Its cute :) Thanks! Coupla points I would like to make though, just my opinions:

It would be good if you resized and cropped an avatar the right size for these forums, which is 150x150. It makes it more convenient for people if they always get an avatar too.

They are great, but I think they need refining a little. Just tiding up a few edges, making it match; Just doing that could bump the price up.

If you are making these in MSpaint, it might be worth sticking some kinda trial graphic program on your computer, or even downloading a free one. My friend and I make avatars too, (I do the main graphics, she sells and helps me with ideas. Neither of us are good as muffins, as WishKnight should know.) and we use a trial version of a program. Only a 30 day, but I think I can do a bit of persuasion technique with my Mum. The look pretty good!

I would say start the price about 2k. Increase if you get a load of orders.

Hope this helps! Thanks again!
[Nov 13, 2006 9:47:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CursedWish

Squeeee!
Thanks a lot!! ^^^
*/e loves it* <3

[Nov 14, 2006 11:09:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

They are great, but I think they need refining a little. Just tiding up a few edges, making it match; Just doing that could bump the price up.

This is probably occurring because he is using MSPaint. If he is in MSPaint and using the resizing tool by hand, it will cause the lines to get more pixellated.

I suggest getting Photoshop, I use that one quite frequently. If you don't know how to use the program, I'd be willing to help you mate, just give me a PM.

I believe your avatars are worth at least 2k.

-Shortyjack
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Nov 14, 2006 1:12:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
CursedWish

Gimp would work too i suppose + its free ;)

[Nov 16, 2006 10:00:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

Bah, I don't like Gimp, i don't like the fact you have to keep switching between windows...
Photoshop works well though, and I'd be please to help you in anyway needed. I know what the tools are and do, I just lack the artistic ability to do something with them...
Cocodude is officially dead, presumed missing. Feel free to search for him under other names on Sage though.

(I can't wrench my self away from this game!)
[Nov 16, 2006 1:43:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates