• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 49
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8259 times and has 48 replies Next Thread
shadoxtucker

Re: Ultimate Scavenger Hunt- Win Black and Gold Prizes

sweet ill be in this for sure
----------------------------------------
Corothin of Cerulean Ocean
"Well we all have a face, that we hide away forever. And we take them out and show ourself, when everyone has gone. Some are satin, some are steel, some are silk, and some are leather. They're the faces of the strange
[Dec 2, 2006 6:24:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nealnearing

I have a question. Will any of these scavenger items, without extensive preparation for anything, be required to spend a large sum of money on? I'm just wondering if I'm gonna have to leach my friends for PoE.

Edit: oh, and if one of the "finding a pirate" scavenger items applies to yourself, can ye use yerself, or must ye find another?
Nealnearing Unknown Greenie weirdo on Midnight
SO of Nascentes Morimur That one crew
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nealnearing at Dec 2, 2006 6:44:18 AM]
[Dec 2, 2006 6:24:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

This is the "Ultimate" Scavenger Hunt. Most of the items on the list will be rare, expensive, or otherwise difficult to obtain. You are going to get more benefit from asking you hearties to loan you *items* than loan you PoE. Buying everything on the list will not be a feasible option.

And yes, if a "find a pirate" applies to you, feel free to use yourself as the item.

-- Fey
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Dec 2, 2006 7:20:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Nealnearing

Ahh, that clear thing up, thank ye.
Nealnearing Unknown Greenie weirdo on Midnight
SO of Nascentes Morimur That one crew
[Dec 2, 2006 7:27:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

And we're off!

Here is a prettier copy of the "Items to Find" Scoresheet. Judges will be printing out a copy for each participant. Scavengers are welcome to do the same; its a good place to keep track of what you've found, who you're borrowed from, etc.

In case anyone is having trouble seeing the picture; here's a direct link: http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6650/ultscavscorecardxk6.th.png

Judging Assignments

Carebear -
Brattyangel
Ceylon
Corynn
Estsanathlehi
Jedoy
Jenfa
Junglebob

Eviltoy -
Kristiwomack
Leif
Lillyliver
LJ
Lunamyst
Mogget

Jerze -
Nealnearing
Seroled
Shortyjack
Strength
Trollsb
Yellowshanks
Daleen

Roving Judges are Ulrik and Evemarie
Feylind

[Edit 1 times, last edit by BlackBeth at Dec 2, 2006 12:14:59 PM]
[Dec 2, 2006 12:00:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

And the winners are:

1st: Jenfa - gold lily
2nd: LJ - black rose
3rd: Yellowshanks - sloop
4th: Daleen - KB and Gold Ore
5th: Leif - Armor
6th: Shortyjack - Brawling package
7th: Mogget - Black Bandana and Golden Ticket
8th: Lunamyst - Black/Gold Fish bludgeon

Congrats to everyone who participated or volunteered. I hope you had as much fun as I did!

-- Fey

Edit: Added Luna's name in...oops!
Feylind

[Edit 1 times, last edit by BlackBeth at Dec 2, 2006 8:30:25 PM]
[Dec 2, 2006 3:16:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
trollsb

Can we get a full list with points for everyone so I can see how badly i went?
Trollsb - Cerulean (Midnight)
[Dec 2, 2006 3:23:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.trollsb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Congrats to everyone who participated or volunteered. I hope you had as much fun as I did!

-- Fey

This was a ton of fun. Very unusual list. I enjoyed myself thoroughly.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Dec 2, 2006 3:23:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

-- Fey

This was a ton of fun. Very unusual list. I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

I had fun except Leif kept following me around and bugging the same people I was bugging. In the end, he still placed higher than me! But Fey awesome job! You get a cookie. And to all the volunteers out there, whether you woke up at 3 am or not :P, this was truly fun!

/me runs off to gather more hearties, since mine hate me now....
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Dec 2, 2006 3:31:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

I'm glad everyone had a good time. I think my favorite part was watching the war declarations against my event flag roll in. I always wanted someone to declare war on me :-)

And Trollsb, I will work on that scoring list for you.. tomorrow. Tonight I guarantee I'd manage to mess it up.

And YAY! Event is over; now I can move on to my wonderful, beautiful, holiday avatar by ShortyJack I won in the Midnight Birthday Bash.

-- Fey
Feylind

[Dec 2, 2006 8:34:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
L_J

Thank you for the wonderful event. I had a great time! It would be interesting to see what items people found or didn't find.
Lj
Captain of White Rose
Royal of Blood and Roses
Midnight Ocean
[Dec 3, 2006 7:35:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
girltude

Re: Ultimate Scavenger Hunt- Event Over!

I want to join im Willdheart (2 l's) midnight ocean
[Dec 3, 2006 8:26:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daleenmarine

I can't say enough how much fun I had with this event Fey. Hats off to you and your wonderful volunteers!!
HuskerMike wrote: 
It feels like you're on a jihad against me.

Antix wrote: 
And if he turns out to be an innocent lets not remember that fact at all.

[Dec 3, 2006 9:36:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Okay, here's the score list I promised. I am including everyone who brought back at least one item. Remember this was out of a possible 60 points.

Results
Jenfa------------- 52
LJ------------------48
Yellowshanks--40
Daleen-----------34
Leif----------------32
Shortyjack-------28
Mogget-----------26
Lunamyst-------23
Corynn-----------13
Seroled----------13
Trollsb------------7
Junglebob------11
Ceylon------------5
Jedoy--------------5
Kristiwomack---1
Nealnearing----1
Strength----------1

A few other notes:
--2 items were found by no one: pink kilt (good) and white skull mug
-- most commonly found item was 2 skulls, followed by the black-painted sloop
-- more people were able to push through a war declaration in 2 hours (4) than could find a nameless black cat (2)
-- 3 more war dec's got voted through after the contest ended. Good job to whoever, even if they came a bit late.

Gauging Interest
I do feel bad for all the people who wanted to participate but had flag/alliance duties that kept them at Eta instead yesterday. I'm toying with the idea of running a less-extreme "make-up" scavenger hunt late this month. It would be mostly for fun; I am kinda broke after this one, so I wouldn't be able to manage such nice prizes, and the turnaround is too short to ask for OM help. Would anyone be interested?

-- Fey
Feylind

[Edit 1 times, last edit by BlackBeth at Dec 4, 2006 7:18:59 AM]
[Dec 3, 2006 12:27:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

found by no one: pink kilt (good)

Oh no! I should have played .... I'm wearing one right now!

Sounds like it was a lot of fun, good luck with future events! :)
Chrisspy
[Dec 3, 2006 2:39:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

It was funny. LJ sent me a message asking if I was busy, and could they borrow the uninscribed teddy bear I had. I was XO at that moment in mid blockade.

I really felt crappy that I couldn't give it to her, but I'm only a roomate at my home. I should have made vampy roomate my alt before she quit playing. *shakes fists*

I am very sorry, LJ. I felt guilty I couldn't help out for the rest of that round.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Dec 3, 2006 11:56:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
trollsb

Not that it actually matters in terms of prizes but i should have had 7 points

I got the 2 skulls (1), coin portrait (1), angel - meke chart (1), bone bludgeon (1), black/any sloop(1), and 10units of blood(2) on that same ship.
Trollsb - Cerulean (Midnight)
[Dec 4, 2006 6:11:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.trollsb.com [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Not that it actually matters in terms of prizes but i should have had 7 points

I got the 2 skulls (1), coin portrait (1), angel - meke chart (1), bone bludgeon (1), black/any sloop(1), and 10units of blood(2) on that same ship.

Oops! Sorry! I had all the judges send me itemized lists for each scavenger and then I put them all into a spreadsheet yesterday so I could figure out things like "what noone found". There are probably quite a few small mistakes in my spreadsheet. The actual winners were announced prior to my booch, so they aren't affected.

For what it's worth, I corrected my spreadsheet :-)

- Fey
Feylind

[Dec 4, 2006 7:18:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
L_J

It was funny. LJ sent me a message asking if I was busy, and could they borrow the uninscribed teddy bear I had. I was XO at that moment in mid blockade.

I really felt crappy that I couldn't give it to her, but I'm only a roomate at my home. I should have made vampy roomate my alt before she quit playing. *shakes fists*

I am very sorry, LJ. I felt guilty I couldn't help out for the rest of that round.

No need to feel guilty! I completely understood.
Lj
Captain of White Rose
Royal of Blood and Roses
Midnight Ocean
[Dec 4, 2006 9:40:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates