• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6394 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
micklauer

Kingpriam's Treasure Hunt: Greater Treasure - Debauchery's Final Act [find Orchis]

Midnight Treasure Hunters:
Debauchery's Final Act

I will recall this treasure by November 15th, 10am PST

Please read the rules thoroughly before posting

~*~GT: Debauchery's Final Act~*~

Here's a list of numbers...color-coded...sadly, this is all the info I have. With so little to go on, I guess you'll have to think about what's missing. Etymology may help you. History may help you. But an understanding of numbers is crucial.

The code below marks three sequential letters in the treasure's name. (i.e. "a...t....h" for "bathtub"):

4 (or 3) .....100 .....8

How are Red numbers decoded? _______________________

How are Blue numbers decoded? _______________________

How are Green numbers decoded? ______________________

What color is the treasure? ________________

What is the treasure? __________________

These are all the hints I can give, I can't spell it out anymore, so hurry up and FIND IT!

kp
----------------------------------------
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Edit 2 times, last edit by micklauer at Nov 17, 2006 4:27:40 AM]
[Nov 11, 2006 10:12:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

Re: Kingpriam's Treasure Hunt: Greater Treasure - Debauchery's Final Act [find it by Nov.15th, 10am pst]

How are Red numbers decoded? Spell it out (four or Three)

How are Blue numbers decoded? Spell it out (one Hundred)

How are Green numbers decoded? Spell it out (Eight)

What color is the treasure? Gray

What is the treasure? ApoTHEcary
Bug: Fix the multi-row sprinkles in Rumble

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Nov 11, 2006 7:36:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quickslvr

Re: Kingpriam's Treasure Hunt: Greater Treasure - Debauchery's Final Act [find it by Nov.15th, 10am pst]

How are Red numbers decoded? spelling

How are Blue numbers decoded? spelling

How are Green numbers decoded? spelling

What color is the treasure? tan

What is the treasure? the inn
[Nov 11, 2006 9:34:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
camdogg

How are Red numbers decoded? letter shared by the numbers written out - four or three - R

How are Blue numbers decoded? Roman numeral representation of numbers - 100 = C

How are Green numbers decoded? nth letter of the alphabet - 8th letter = H

What color is the treasure? Black

What is the treasure? Orchid
Yellowshanks
Senior Officer and Drunk of the crew Absence of Motive on Midnight and Angel's of Mercy on Sage
Lone wolf on all of the other oceans of YPP
[Nov 11, 2006 10:57:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
magogin

How are Red numbers decoded? R is the fourth letter of four and the third letter of three.

How are Blue numbers decoded? C is the Roman numeral for 100

How are Green numbers decoded? H is the eighth letter of the alphabet.

What color is the treasure? Brown

What is the treasure? Merchant Brig
[Nov 11, 2006 11:18:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadamRuby

How are Red numbers decoded? Quad

How are Blue numbers decoded? Cent

How are Green numbers decoded? Octo

What color is the treasure? Purple

What is the treasure? Potted Plant
Cor·ynn [on the Midnight Ocean]

Spades Player says, "nice cover p"
Corynn says,"Is it seriously that hard to type "partner"?.."
Spades Player says,"no, but why bother?"
[Nov 11, 2006 11:20:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    RubyChopstixs [Link]  Go to top 
Kortniee

[quote]How are Red numbers decoded? R is the 4th letter of fouR, and also the 3rd letter of thRee.

How are Blue numbers decoded? C is the Roman numeral for 100

How are Green numbers decoded? H is the eighth letter of the alphabet.

What color is the treasure? White

Angeletta on Midnight
[Nov 11, 2006 11:23:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whedonella

How are Red numbers decoded? The third letter in 3, the fourth letter in four = R

How are Blue numbers decoded? The Roman numeral for 100 = C

How are Green numbers decoded? The Greek numeral for 8 = Eta (H) H is also the 8th letter in the English alphabet.

What color is the treasure? white
What is the treasure? merchant brig
Whedonella, Pirate of the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer of Piracy by Design
Princess of Pandora's Box
[Nov 11, 2006 11:42:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sara_Sparrow

How are Red numbers decoded? Fourth letter of four and
third letter of three-R

How are Blue numbers decoded?Roman numeral symbol for 100-C

How are Green numbers decoded? 8th letter of the alphabet-H

What color is the treasure? Tan

What is the treasure? Merchant brig
Sarahsparrow of Cerulean
Captain of Barnacle for Brains
Lady of Riot

[Nov 11, 2006 11:45:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HandcuffCrys

How are Red numbers decoded? Quad - A

How are Blue numbers decoded? Cent - N

How are Green numbers decoded? Octo - C

What color is the treasure? Brown

What is the treasure? Ancient Bust
[Nov 12, 2006 12:57:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedLucy

4 (or 3) .....100 .....8

How are Red numbers decoded? The letter in the number corresponding to the number itself - fouR, thRee

How are Blue numbers decoded? Translated to the roman numeral - 100=C

How are Green numbers decoded? Position in the alphabet - a, b, c, d, e, f, g, H

What color is the treasure? White (red, blue, green = primary colors of light)

What is the treasure? Handkercheif (ah, Debauchery)
[Nov 12, 2006 11:05:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

4 (or 3) .....100 .....8

How are Red numbers decoded? letter of the word: R

How are Blue numbers decoded? Roman numeral - 100=C

How are Green numbers decoded? 8th letter in the alphabet

What color is the treasure? RGB values: 040864 = Blue, mostly. (04 Red, 08 Green, 100 blue, or 64 in Hex)

What is the treasure? Handkercheif[/quote]
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Nov 12, 2006 12:09:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

How are Red numbers decoded? letter shared by the numbers written out - four or three - R

How are Blue numbers decoded? Roman numeral representation of numbers - 100 = C

How are Green numbers decoded? nth letter of the alphabet - 8th letter = H

What color is the treasure? Navy

For the record, I tried for a long time to make the answer "Amphitrite doll." I hope that's the real answer!
Chrisspy
[Nov 12, 2006 4:09:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

For the record, I tried for a long time to make the answer "Amphitrite doll." I hope that's the real answer!

:)
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Nov 12, 2006 4:37:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
archer_jed

How are Red numbers decoded? four parenthesis three parenthesis ( r beacuse 4 fer teh four words.. and r because it's repeated 4 times.. and teh last three words have teh letter R as teh third letter)

How are Blue numbers decoded? one hundred (since there are five dots before it)

How are Green numbers decoded? eight (since there are two numbers in red.. two circles in blue.. two circles joined together (8) in green.. which makes 2 as a special number.. and teh second letter in EIGHT is I...... )

What color is the treasure? Brown.... (since if ye all mixed these colors very well. it will turn to brown.. )

What is the treasure? fruitcake
Nutella is so good :D.-Philippines/Jedoy
[Nov 12, 2006 6:06:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    archer_jed [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

Here's a list of numbers...color-coded...sadly, this is all the info I have. With so little to go on, I guess you'll have to think about what's missing. Etymology may help you. History may help you. But an understanding of numbers is crucial.

4 (or 3) .....100 .....8

How are Red numbers decoded? R (4th letter of FOUR or 3rd letter of THREE)

How are Blue numbers decoded? C (Roman for 100)

How are Green numbers decoded? H (8th letter of alphabet)

What color is the treasure? Navy (RGB values 040864 or 030864 doesn't make a perceptible difference; Red=4 or 3, Green=8, Blue=64 = Hexadecimal for 100; looks navy to me!)

What is the treasure? Handkerchief (Debauchery's final act = throwing up! :p)
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Nov 12, 2006 8:11:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crystal

Midnight Treasure Hunters:
Debauchery's Final Act

4 (or 3) .....100 .....8

How are Red numbers decoded? Letter four of four (or letter three of three) = R

How are Blue numbers decoded? As a Roman numeral = C

How are Green numbers decoded? Letter's position in the alphabet = H

What is the treasure? An orchid

I used both etymology and history! They are blunt instruments, though, so I could still be wrong. :)
Crystalclaws of British Sea Power, Midnight Ocean
[Nov 13, 2006 3:16:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

Consulting Kingpriam's entry in the YPPedia, I'm going to take a chance here and see if I can snipe Chrisspy on a pluralization technicality:

The code below marks three sequential letters in the treasure's name. (i.e. "a...t....h" for "bathtub"):

4 (or 3) .....100 .....8

How are Red numbers decoded? R (ordinal letter of the name of the number, fourth letter of four and third letter of three)

How are Blue numbers decoded? C (Roman numeral for 100)

How are Green numbers decoded? H (eight letter of the English Alphabet)

What color is the treasure? navy (using the numbers as RGB values)

What is the treasure? orchids (the ones awarded to Kingpriam in the Pillaging Picasso event)

These are all the hints I can give, I can't spell it out anymore, so hurry up and FIND IT!

kp

Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Nov 13, 2006 6:37:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Consulting Kingpriam's entry in the YPPedia, I'm going to take a chance here and see if I can snipe Chrisspy on a pluralization technicality:

Hehe, I was thinking the "history" hint was his YPPedia entry too. I'll be sad if I got outpluraled. :)
Chrisspy
[Nov 13, 2006 8:59:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YellowBellPP

To let you know there could have been one in real esTATe
Or any estate for that matter.

How are the Red numbers decoded? Letter in Three (T)
How are the Blue numbers decoded? Hundred has a one, number one of the alphabet is A (A)
How are the Green numbers decoded? Letter in eighT (T)

Well now you know for next time.
-Brahma-
Contempt - Viridian
Cabin Person of 'Kracken Heads'

Truly Content with myself...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by YellowBellPP at Nov 13, 2006 9:09:57 AM]
[Nov 13, 2006 9:04:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ms_national

How are Red numbers decoded? letter shared by the numbers written out - four or three
R

How are Blue numbers decoded? Roman numeral representation of numbers
100 = C

How are Green numbers decoded? 8th letter of the alphabet
8th letter = H

~Adesh
[Nov 14, 2006 7:40:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legoking1235

How are Red numbers decoded? Letter shared by the numbers written out: fouR and thRee
R

How are Blue numbers decoded? 100 = C The roman numeral for 100

How are Green numbers decoded? the 8th letter of the alphabet
8th letter = H

What color is the treasure? Aqua

Cephalopod greeter chats, "I think... I think I might cry"

Gaea says, "I'm in yer ship, makin typos in yer rename."

[Nov 14, 2006 4:59:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

The code below marks three sequential letters in the treasure's name. (i.e. "a...t....h" for "bathtub")

I'm surprised that everyone so far is assuming the three letters have to be in sequential order. For example, no one has tried something like "t...h....a" for "bathtub".

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Edit 3 times, last edit by BootHook at Nov 14, 2006 8:49:14 PM]
[Nov 14, 2006 7:17:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeanaMO

The code below marks three sequential letters in the treasure's name. (i.e. "a...t....h" for "bathtub")

I'm surprised that everyone so far is assuming the three letters have to be in sequential order. For example, no one has tried something like "t...h....a" for "bathtub".

uh...probably because that's what the clue says...
Ceylon
SO of The Forsaken
Sultan's Sword - Midnight Ocean
[Nov 14, 2006 9:34:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

uh...probably because that's what the clue says...

That doesn't stop insane people. There is usually at least one insane person that would argue insane things such as "sequential letters" could mean "letters belonging to a sequence" as opposed to "letters that are in sequence".

These are the same insane people that argue "10 items or less" is bad grammar, and "to boldly go" is a crime against language.

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Nov 15, 2006 6:18:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

ahhhhhh....such smart pirates!

thank you so much for helping me find this, sorry I couldn't provide more clues.

it was, in fact, a batch of yellow orchids. the orchid named after orchis who deflowered a priest's daughter.

satyr and nymph were lame parents and let their child perform a vile act that resulted in being torn apart by the bacchae!

the long tube like shape of the orchid is a symbol of ...well...if you know, you know.

the color...was yellow. it was the missing color in the sequence of red, blue, green....

but not to worry, I will find a way of getting this gt on the ocean...tune in for details.

in the meantime, yelloshanks was the first to get the closest and wil get something...

kp
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Nov 15, 2006 12:14:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ms_national

Heh I just guessed purple cause thats your favorite color :-)
[Nov 15, 2006 2:26:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crystal

Hehe. I guessed purple because the word "orchid" is also a shade of purple. Then I found a KP sketch commemorating an orchid win in a tournament, and that tournament trinket seemed to be a purple orchid, so that's what I went with. :)
Crystalclaws of British Sea Power, Midnight Ocean
[Nov 15, 2006 2:55:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

MY guess, is that not a lot of people will even see this post.

So those we are checking in...you're lucking out.

Saturday and Sunday, this week, I here a pirate by the name of Orchis will be wandering about. If you can nab him in a screenshot and post it, Orchis will turn off his DND and have a little prize for ye!

First post wins! So get your fingers ready!

:P

kp
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Nov 17, 2006 4:38:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Forgot to mention, only those who posted guesses are eligible, sorry!

Don't worry plenty more to come!

kp
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Nov 17, 2006 9:12:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates