• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1975 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

Carpentry bake-off - Win a Parrot!

AS SEEN ON THE NOTICEBOARD!

Saturday, November 11, 2006. 7:00am, PST
Hosted by: Sun
Participation: up to 155

Rules:

This event will not be broadcast (unless there aren't many people and I feel sad). At approximately 7:00am, an oceanwide event will be put on the noticeboard for the bake-off. Click on the event to be whisked to the event ship, the Competitive Carp.

Note that you will not be jobbed into the event crew, so if you leave the ship, you may not be able to board again. The ship will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. No exceptions will be made if you lose your spot. If the event is no longer on the noticeboard, then jobbing has closed. If the event is still on the board but there is no room on the ship, then I'm sorry, but others got there before you.

The ship will have carpentry stations for everyone. Check downstairs, and all the cabins. You may need to search around to find a free one. Once you have a station, please wait patiently on it.

Try to stay quiet while you wait, and be patient while others board. Listen for instructions from Sun so that the event can run smoothly. Throughout the event, excessive chatter could be rewarded with a plank!

Note that a carpentry bake-off is being run on all oceans simultaneously.

Preliminary Round
*The target start-time is 7:30 am PST. It could start slightly earlier if everyone is ready, or slightly later if there are delays loading stations.
*There will be one preliminary round that will last for twenty sea battle turns. Announcements will be made at 10 turns to go, 5 turns to go, and last turn.
*The duty report at the island will determine the placement of players. The top sixteen players will advance to the semi-finals.

Semi-Final
*Once the duty report has been noted and the semi-finalists announced, all players (including semi-finalists) will be asked to vacate their stations. Failure to do so when requested could result in disqualification.
*The semi-final round will last for twenty five sea battle turns. Announcements will be made at 10 turns to go, 5 turns to go, and last turn.
*The top three on the duty report at the island will proceed to the final round.
*Participants who do not get through to the semi-final are welcome to stay on board, as long as they do not play the carpentry puzzle at any point, or chat during the contest.

Final
*The top three from the semi-final duty report will be jobbed onto the Final Carpdown for the final round, which will last thirty sea battle turns.
*Announcements will be made at 15 turns to go, 5 turns to go, and last turn.

Prizes:
1st: a maroon/gold parrot and a bouquet of maroon orchids

2nd and 3rd win a bouquet of maroon orchids and their choice of:
* a war frigate, painted grey/grey, stocked with 150rum/450lcb, renamed the Incredible Carpenter (only one of these)
* a sleeping animal (piglet, pig, turtle, tortoise)
* or an item from the list below if they prefer

4th to 8th (choosing in order) win a maroon orchid and their choice of:
* A sloop renamed the [Adjective] Carp - must be an allowable adjective and no duplicates of existing ships allowed
* A bronze fish (rare furniture item)
* A stone figurine (rare furniture item)
* A bronze neckband (rare furniture item)
* A large pet (big cat or elephant, your choice as available from the palace shoppe)

9th to 16th:
A maroon orchid
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Nov 10, 2006 3:32:13 PM]
[Nov 10, 2006 3:31:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Re: Carpentry bake-off - Win a Parrot!

<3 x bagazillion
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Nov 10, 2006 3:51:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Well done everyone!

The winner was Reallyvirtua who won the beeeeeautiful parrot and a bouquet of maroon orchids.
Kingpriam was second, and chose a sleeping turtle.
Sailerboylee was third, and chose the war frigate Incredible Carpenter. And it's stunning. And he intends to paint it, the ungrateful rat. *coughs* *giggles*

Fullbeard was 4th, and chose a stone figurine.
Orisa was 5th and chose a bronze neckband.
Tatara was 6th and chose a stone figurine.
Rebeviper was 7th and chose a stone figurine.
Evilnasta was 8th and chose a bronze neckband.

Other semi-finalists were:
Rocketboy
Prio
Hatchetback
Foxielady
Bigpaul
Bootcher
Bisquick
Pixiedancer

Congratulations everyone, and thank you to Barrelholder for his help.
[Nov 11, 2006 8:58:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

no one picked the fish?

Boooo!

thanks again for the fun!

And thank you devs for fixing the bug!

<3

kp
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Nov 11, 2006 9:38:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evilbob71

no one picked the fish?

Boooo!

thanks again for the fun!

And thank you devs for fixing the bug!

<3

kp

It was kinda ugly looking.
Rome wrote:

erm, Rebe, I thank you, I'm not really the person on the "hang you' bandwagon"

[Nov 11, 2006 10:08:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Oooh, get out that banstick!

Too bad I got behind on my foruming. I need to make events my first stop, not my last =(

Congrats all ye hard-working winners!
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Nov 12, 2006 1:36:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
GraceKidd

The cost of the ship and its grey grey. Its just not cricket.
Now using a different forum account.
Sailerboylee.
[Nov 12, 2006 4:16:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

The cost of the ship and its grey grey. Its just not cricket.

>.< I have no idea what you mean. I'm just gonna unsticky this thread and move on.
[Nov 12, 2006 11:41:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates