• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 604 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
AlfMason

[Event Blockades] Blockade-wide Broadcast Reply to this Post

As an earlier proposal regarding event blockades and the amount of control the holder has about participation seems to have died a slow death, here's another idea for a possibly useful tool.

The governor of the island holding the event blockade (or a designated representative of the flag holding it, such as a referee), could be given the opportunity to speak to all the people in the blockade via a broadcast. That way, if things go pear-shaped, a person in charge could try and establish some kind of order on the board.

If there are rules for an event not covered by the coding, this would be a good tool to try and enforce them quickly, looking up vessel names, taking a guess at who's naving and sending them a tell might take too long in some situations.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement this, the blockade board would have to function like a house- or vessel-type structure, keeping track of people entering and leaving, and adding them to the recipients of blockade broadcasts. The difference would be, that not single persons/entities but vessels would have to be included.

Spamming these would of course be a /complain-able offense.
----------------------------------------
Mullins on Midnight, Stinks on Ice

Have a problem with me in Game Design? Read this

I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.
[Nov 5, 2006 1:52:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FallenTree

Re: [Event Blockades] Blockade-wide Broadcast Reply to this Post

Bump.

I was about to suggest this exact same thing, inspired by warrior1570's "base" blockade idea, and a search revealed the idea had already come up. I am very much in favor of this - it would make it much easier for island-holding flags to run event blockades with unusual scenarios.
----------------------------------------
Bullettime on Hunter Ocean
Retired? Yeah, let's go with that.
[Jun 22, 2007 7:14:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates