• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1799 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Catka

Ye Booty and Ye Hold Reply to this Post

Arrr! Wantin to know how me gets me gold n such from ye hold and ye booty...ye booty on ships that is. Can some smarty tell me please? Me is feelin a bit dumb =/
[May 20, 2003 8:34:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Teirlap

Re: Ye Booty and Ye Hold Reply to this Post

Catka wrote: 
Arrr! Wantin to know how me gets me gold n such from ye hold and ye booty...ye booty on ships that is. Can some smarty tell me please? Me is feelin a bit dumb =/

Straight out of the Alpha documentation...

When the crew has had their fill o' pillagin' and wishes to divide up the spoils, they may put into port at which point any officer aboard the vessel may propose a division of the booty. They do this by clicking on the treasure chest and selecting the appropriate menu item. Beware that if yer not an officer, you won't be seein' any such menu item.

The most important thing to remember is that you cannot divide the booty at sea. You have to dock at a port first.

Now, regarding silver found within the ship's hold...

The ship's hold contains commodities that have been purchased by an officer of the crew or left aboard from previous pillaging voyages. Any member of the crew can inspect the hold and see what it contains. This is done by selecting the appropriate menu item after clicking the hatch on the deck of the vessel.

The vessel also has a purse that contains pieces of eight. The "crew cut" of the booty is deposited into the vessel's purse and members of the crew can also deposit money into the vessel's purse to finance trading ventures. Officers can withdraw funds from the crew's purse so be sure you trust your Captain and Officers, lest they make off with the crew's property.

Both the 'Trade Commodities' and 'Inspect Hold' menus (which can be accessed by clicking on the ship's Hold) have easy to find 'Deposit' and 'Withdraw' fields which you can use to move silver to and from the ship. It even has a handy little graphic which shows the ship's current balance of funds.

I hope that was of some assistance.
----------------------------------------
Frederico del Mar, President of the Emerald Company
'Merchants and accountants by profession, the Company's men lived by the ledger and ruled with the quill.'
~ John Keay, The Honourable Company
[May 20, 2003 9:01:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates