• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 30061 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
xagoloth

Building Sword Fighting Combo Videos Reply to this Post

NOTE : The videos are animated gifs within each post. If you have problem viewing them, right click and save to your desktop and than open it up.

[size=24]DISCLAIMER
The following video is here to show you just how you are supposed to be building combos under ideal conditions where as an opponent doesn't send you as much blocks. Idealy a opponent sends over more sprinkles and swords. Do not attempt to imitate these at home. All stunts are performed by professionals.

This video shows a litte bit how to build blocks, but is generaly a bad idea to build that high. I got lucky this time.

People want to see in action how combos are built, here is a sample of, one of my videos (not one of the best examples :) ), but it gets the point across.

Yes, I know its of a small size, but it helps to save bandwidth.

What I would like to know is what do people want to learn from seeing these videos ?

How specific combinations are built ?

What are the different strategies ?

How drops happen ?

Whats a winning strategy ?

I am working on a ultimate guide to sword fighting, and looking for input before I embark on writing it all out. Have parts of it done so far, but looking for more feedback before I finish the whole guide.

I am also looking for some of the best sword fighters to do a profile on their style and strategy. The ultimate sword fighters if interested, send me a PM (You know who you are).
----------------------------------------
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Edit 3 times, last edit by xagoloth at Dec 15, 2003 8:26:10 AM]
[Dec 15, 2003 8:26:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Re: Building Sword Fighting Combo Videos Reply to this Post

Jack, you just beat me to it :p

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetdiablo/newdawn/swordfight.avi

It's DivX, and it's a bit more basic and sword-clustery than yours. Still, it shows off the nessecary building nicely. If you wanna do the two-way video thing sometime Jack, look me up :)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Dec 15, 2003 8:37:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

[size=24]DISCLAIMER
The following video is here to show you just how you are supposed to be building combos under ideal conditions where as an opponent doesn't send you as much blocks. Idealy a opponent sends over more sprinkles and swords. Do not attempt to imitate these at home. All stunts are performed by professionals.

This video shows a far larger combination of sword combos as well as a VEGAS.

The frame rate (speed of the fight) was slowed down, from the actual sword fight, so that you can see the details more.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Edit 1 times, last edit by xagoloth at Dec 15, 2003 11:46:51 AM]
[Dec 15, 2003 11:46:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
madandy

Thanks Reply to this Post

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this jack, im not a noob but i still found this a great help, i think it will help people visualise how to build decent combos. what would be good is a video of your opponent so its possible to see the attacks going through, anything i can do to help just ask.
MadAndy, Prince of Midnight Armada
BlackBellamy, Senior Officer
[Dec 16, 2003 7:01:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

[size=24]DISCLAIMER
This is an actual fight that you shouldn't try imitating unless properly trained.
Do not attempt to imitate these at home, without proper safety precautions. All stunts are performed by professionals.

Well this is a fight with cursedburger.

Again just to clarify things, the first two videos were just to show how to go about building combos. Thats all. Its not supposed to be THE ULTIMATE strategy. It is something for people to visualize the building process.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Edit 1 times, last edit by xagoloth at Dec 16, 2003 9:32:12 AM]
[Dec 16, 2003 9:32:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
fireballl87

Actually, ive been reworking my swordfighting stratagys and im playing with many of the same orginization stratagys. I really can't wait for the watch fights option or whatever, would be very usefull to learn things from other people.
"Even if I die... I'll come back alive."
[Dec 16, 2003 10:21:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Torrid_Thorn

Im just curious, because watching the videos (which in my honest opinion are very well put together and extraordinary helping tools), as I watched the one where you actually complete a vegas combo, has anyone ever attained a combo over the seemingly limited 6 or vegas?
"Ah the sword.... can be your greatest friend, and your most dire enemy. Keep yours sharp and hope your foe neglects his."

"When the cut comes, steel yer arms and prepare for the bleed"
[Dec 17, 2003 11:42:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Sure they have (though I certainly haven't . . . I can only get the regular Vegas!, and rarely at that).

And before you ask, it's Vegas all the way down.
[Dec 17, 2003 1:21:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Talk to Sugar[pie/cookie]. I'm not sure how high she strings vegas up to, but I think she's a proponent of adding more bonus messages.

Oh, and Jack, I'm semi-busy tommorow too... hopefully I can get some time to do more two-sided videos on the weekend...
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Dec 17, 2003 6:59:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Sugarpie

best I've done is a double vegas, it just goes vegas! then vegas! no double or anything.... I want to see JACKPOT!
Sugarpie
The Violet (er... Violent?) Pirate
Member of Black Death
Former Governor of Orca
Piggy Josiah R.I.P.

[Dec 17, 2003 7:48:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Hmmm.

Maybe the 4x Vegas was in sailing then.

/me wants to get a double-vegas in sailing
from Midnight.
[Dec 18, 2003 8:00:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
rptb1

So I downloaded the building animation above so that I can enlarge it and watch it slowly, and guess what I notice. It's me he's victimizing! How embarassing. Still, I don't feel so bad about losing, I suppose.
[Jan 17, 2004 9:37:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://richard.brooksby.org/    hothquist [Link]  Go to top 
AizIril

Meh, I recorded a bunch of videos (Divx) of me building combos a while back. If my webspace was anything resembling fuctional right now I'd link them. Watch this space. --> <--

[size=7](boring isn't it?)
Xyphus on Hunter. Aiziril on Midnight. Bored on all oceans.
[Jan 21, 2004 8:14:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

We should really finish those two-way videos sometime, jack.
from Midnight.
[Jan 21, 2004 10:53:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

Yeah we should. How about tonight ?
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Jan 21, 2004 11:02:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
AizIril

mmk.

Combo 1
Combo 2
Combo 3

You'll want Divx if you don't have it

These were just some random fights I did against an NPP... but It shows how I build around what I get thrown at me.
[Jan 21, 2004 11:17:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I have to throw my brother off his computer to do them, as all the others:

a) Don't have that complicated video setup installed.
b) Would lag too much for me to swordfight properly.
from Midnight.
[Jan 22, 2004 5:58:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Nykkel

As of about 12:45 AM Pacific, I'm failing to locate the machine (airraid.mancubus.net) that Aiziril's AVI files are on. Is it a machine that's only on when a certain person is awake (a personal machine), or are the URLs screwy?
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AizIril

Gah. No it's because mancubus.net appears to be down again. :-/
[Jan 23, 2004 2:07:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf

well, now its up, but..

The requested URL /combos03.avi was not found on this server.

- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Jan 29, 2004 12:36:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
AizIril

Lets try this again.

Combo 1
Combo 2
Combo 3

Should work. :P
[Feb 1, 2004 1:17:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dodongo77

Them's some pretty crazy vids....'specially that 2nd one.
[Feb 1, 2004 2:05:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Segekihei

What do you use to record these things?
狙撃兵

Goodbye...hello?
[Feb 1, 2004 3:34:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/~mike_segekihei    flareon805 [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

Camtasia studio.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Feb 1, 2004 5:46:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
Segekihei

Is there a link to more information?
狙撃兵

Goodbye...hello?
[Feb 1, 2004 5:58:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/~mike_segekihei    flareon805 [Link]  Go to top 
AizIril

Yes.
[Feb 1, 2004 5:05:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

Segekihei wrote: 
Is there a link to more information?

www.google.com
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Feb 1, 2004 8:58:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
Segekihei

Thanks Aiz, I'll grab it now.
狙撃兵

Goodbye...hello?
[Feb 2, 2004 4:34:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/~mike_segekihei    flareon805 [Link]  Go to top 
shinpe

hey Reply to this Post

hey hmm i'm sure i'm not that good but i wanted to challenge you to a duel and if you could record it it would be great
i have a couple of reasons
basically my strategy is to break when i can, i usually set up double or triples sometimes too but never go further as it's 2 risky since ur opponent sends in swords and sprinkles, now i'd like to see what your strategy would be to some1 who constantly sends in swords and sprinkles, and if yours works better then i'll have to change my style and you can put that video up here too so people will so how you can terrorize me lol and my second reason is i want to taste a vegas or donkey, by an actually player, not bots
well i'm on the viridian ocean and my username is shinpe
i'm online alot so send me a tell
can't wait
[May 30, 2005 1:51:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Dude, those videos were made over 2 years ago.

Just so you know...
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[May 30, 2005 5:04:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates