• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1423 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Lotsofgoats

Talking trash?

Somebody tell me why all these non-navvers are talking so much trash about other flags, amgz i pwnz u lolz0rz

If you're not doing the navving, shut your face about sinkings. End of story.

DISCUSS.
----------------------------------------
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Oct 26, 2006 12:42:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

Re: Talking trash?

Oh I dont know, maybe b/c wars and blockades are way deeper than the navers alone, and maybe we stand up for our flags and crews b/c we have put a lot of work into them.

And OH, before I forget you can be the best nav in the world and have great jobbers but no organization, no heart, and get owned in a blockade by someone who happens to "not nav" but knows how to organize pre blockade, get people to work together, and have fun. Also, I know some very good navs that never get to blockade b/c well, they suck at life and people would rather lose a blockade than have to deal with them.

As for sinkers, you try having a successful sink with crap puzzlers on board, I dont care if you are RD, it isnt going to work.
Beebe
Blar wrote: 
It *was* special, and now i'm sober.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by sed729 at Oct 26, 2006 12:53:13 PM]
[Oct 26, 2006 12:48:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Eh, Sea Battle is a team effort. It's a lot easier to Bnav with Incred stations than with Fines. And vice versa. Who's the better navver doesn't matter so much when there's a 4x difference in tokens.

Which doesn't particularly excuse rubbing salt in the wounds of a defeated opponent, and doesn't have any connection at all to someone who was pulling a mediocre station report.
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Oct 26, 2006 12:53:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

I would have to agree that it takes a ship full of pirates to contribute to the sink. In a blockade, it also takes a good XO to run the ship and free up that navver. So while it IS a team effort, I tend to plank bad sports since ultimately this IS a game, and we ARE just having fun.

A little bit of bantering is expected, and ok, but some people take it way too far. If they make me regret they are on my side, then I feed them to the sharks.
Jolyma

[Oct 26, 2006 1:45:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
alexhyde

Somebody tell me why all these non-navvers are talking so much trash about other flags, amgz i pwnz u lolz0rz

If you're not doing the navving, shut your face about sinkings. End of story.

DISCUSS.

Yeah, it doesn't only require good 'Cade B'navers, it takes a whole team of people, but mainly someone who can organise it all and has access to finding the right people to fill those spots (B'naver's, Jobbers, XO's, Admiral(maybe themself)).

So really, to be able to sink ships, you also need working jobbers as well as B'navers and obviously, as previously written, the people who Organise it all, and there are limited amounts of people who can sort these kind of things well, I'm quite sure most people will know whom those people are.
Aesza
....On the Viridian Ocean, pokering.
[Oct 26, 2006 1:53:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

BB wrote: 
I know some very good navs that never get to blockade b/c well, they suck at life and people would rather lose a blockade than have to deal with them

/e giggles, down with the drama!

But um wot goatsies? Isn't part of the fun of going to war and blockading the chance to have a little parley roleplaying fest about it?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Oct 26, 2006 3:17:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

I was talking more about sinking outside of blockades.

The "I was understaffed, and my jobbers sucked" excuse doesn't really apply. If you take a ship out at war that way, then you're saying that you're prepared to fight a sinking pvp under those circumstances.

I've only made this thread after I've seen somebody post a ridiculous amount of sinks on VO, without having navved. All this when this person has claimed to be a good (better, best?) battle navigator.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotsofgoats at Oct 26, 2006 4:38:55 PM]
[Oct 26, 2006 4:36:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

There is a very flexible line on sloops which makes it somewhat difficult to cash in the "poor jobbers" line. I can take on a ship full of legendaries with a ship full of masters (gunner excluded), and not lose any mobility.

Three masters will suffice on sails. Two masters can suffice on carp, with appropriate accommodations on nav. So don't give me a big whine story just because you couldn't adapt.

If you couldn't surpass the master average for jobbers, you either a) made a really stupid mistake and got caught off guard or b) need new friends.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Oct 26, 2006 4:58:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

*scratches head* But Goatsie.... Ever stop and think that the person posting the sinkers may have been elected "Crew liason to the forums" and is the only one supposed to be posting the sinks?

Stranger things have happened.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Oct 26, 2006 6:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Heee. I love that everybody calls me Goatsie in this thread. <3.

Understandable views and whatnot, thanks for commenting.

Not every thread needs to be a flamefest U STOOPED NEWBZ.
[Oct 26, 2006 7:11:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Well then, next time I'll post BEagle's sinks! I won't try to claim them if I post them. Although, even if I did forget to credit them to the navvers, I know for a fact that everyone would know I only provided the move tokens. Ha.

For the record, Dragonblade did ask for someone to post them since no one had until that point. Not a lot of VOF members among the hand-picked uberalt crowd on our side. Unfortunately, I don't remember whose sinks were whose on that list.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Oct 26, 2006 8:15:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Ah, that wasn't the main problem. There's a problem when somebody says "I can outnav you" then doesn't go sinking themselves, but won't hesistate to draw attention to how many ships have been sunk.
[Oct 26, 2006 9:21:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KariMinger

Since when are you Independent?

Also, I call you Goatsies. The ending 's' brings a whole other level of cuteness.
Zazazu : blockading near you
Captain of "Cracker-Throwing Monkey"-Ellipse-Viridian
You can't buy fame, you earn it. Unless it's Corona Reef we're talking about. -Saltake
[Oct 27, 2006 12:06:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates