• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2138 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Rudebwoi

Is Blood thicker than Water?

Ok,

Im in a geting stuff off my chest sort of mood, so its random but i needed to say it!

This is something for all the captains of the great crews to think about, reguardless of fag, political circle and all that jazz, there is a few thing we have to deal with on occasions which can be annoying. Im talking about dealing with Thieves and down right low lifes who dont care about people feelings!

I would say its a 99% chance that all captains have had to deal with Expelling a crew member for being abusive, disrespect full, ignorant, and even on susspicion of theft, these sort of reasons!! But what happens to these people???

Well this is my question, they say that people gather in different types of social groups, where people with the same interests share the same ideas, goals, ambitions, crews become a family comunity so to speak, so what happens to the low lifes you get rid off, those that escape the system, slip through the net, cos lets face it, they exsist, people who get around the rules and carry on to ruin the game. Where do they go!

Well the interesting thing I discovererd is this, because I use Quartermaster, anyone I deem to be one of these idiots, I place in my blacklist, and purely out of checking who a certain individual was now crewed with, came an almighty shock, about 10% of the crew were people on my black list, people who I believe to be of the "wrong sort" people who I DONT TRUST, people who would sell their own mother!!

But this got me thinking, has anyone else seen the same pattern I have seen, or is it a huge strange coincidence!!

Have a look, see what you find, you may be surprised!!!

Tart away!!!
----------------------------------------
A Cuppa Tea makes everything better!
[Oct 26, 2006 10:10:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

Re: Is Blood thicker than Water?

/me wipes off Rude's chest
/me pets Rude on the head

There, there hunny, we all love you and these low lives normally hide on alts, so although QM may help you, people will continue to be scum <3

Side note, do some investigating as well, not everything is true that you hear

Example A: "Low life 1 starts rumor associating themselves with "low life 2" even though #2 has never spoken to them about said rumor, has nothing to do with the situation, and quite honestly just wants to hang out with their friends, low life 2 has rumors fly, and well we all know the rest. (True story, happened to someone in my crew that I love dearly, good thing I didnt listen to Low life 1)
Beebe
Blar wrote: 
It *was* special, and now i'm sober.

[Oct 26, 2006 10:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

Its a know fact that in all online games have a small part who just want to ruin the game for everyone and we just have to /complain them then, just forget about them and don't let them get us down.
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[Oct 26, 2006 11:07:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

So, there's a crew out there that's at least 10% barrelstoppers? Well, then you know who you shouldn't job for.

I generally don't blacklist people. Sometimes they're just kids who don't know better. When they learn, they become tolerable, if not skilled pirates. If they really are incurable grandma-selling tarts, they tend not to last long on one pirate, so blacklisting them becomes useless.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Oct 26, 2006 11:48:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

All i have to say on this subject is...

Thieves should be forced to watch the above mans show for 24hours as punishment.

Tom Green Show!
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Oct 26, 2006 12:17:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

All i have to say on this subject is...

Thieves should be forced to watch the above mans show for 24hours as punishment.

Tom Green Show!

Got cookies?
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Oct 26, 2006 12:24:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

Man the stuff Antix comes up with is crazy.....or just sick lol.
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[Oct 26, 2006 3:26:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rudebwoi

Crazy or sick, who cares, whats more worrying is where he gets it from!! LMAO!!!

But who cares, you've all made my day, cheers for letting me Moan!!

And BB, you just wanted to touch my MOOBS again, didnt ya, go on, admit it, my MOOBS make ya wild!! RAWR

Cheers BB <3 you HAWTNESS GODESS YOU!!!!!
[Oct 26, 2006 3:35:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

People I care enough about to follow up and have expelled = 2. One no longer plays on Viridian, the other is in a place that is better for them at this point in their life anyway.

The rest of the expelled people - weren't in the crew long enough anyway.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Oct 26, 2006 6:12:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

And BB, you just wanted to touch my MOOBS again, didnt ya, go on, admit it, my MOOBS make ya wild!! RAWR

Cheers BB <3 you HAWTNESS GODESS YOU!!!!!

Mmmmmmmm MOOBS, whales like those.

/me gropes Rude, giggles like a school girl, and runs for dear life!
Beebe
Blar wrote: 
It *was* special, and now i'm sober.

[Oct 27, 2006 5:00:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

Wiki: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Kraken%27s_blood

1 kg of Blood has a volume of 1 L.
1 kg of water has a volume of 1 L.

Blood is not thicker than water, they're equal. (Yes, it depends on Temperature.)

And on topic...I have nothing.
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[Oct 27, 2006 5:48:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catzubmsve

As a former Captain I can agree with Rude on his points...but I've been more tolerant than most of the Captains that play.

There are 2 things however I will not tolerate...lying and thievery...I would expel a member of my crew without hesitation...then /complain them.I have a lot of friends in the game so not only do I do this I also alert them as to the actions of the former crew member...BUT...I also bring the friends on the ships that have been stolen from so they can see for themselves that this former crew member has stolen from me.

I'm not one to accuse anyone of anything without infinite proof...also in my former crews I always made sure that all the officers that were in my crew did 3 things:

1) Started out as pirate and worked for their rank...I found that hiring someone off the street as an officer unknown to me or any one of the other officers was a recipe for disaster.

2) That person would have to prove themselves to me and other officers to have the skills necessary in order to recieve the rank of officer and above i.e. run a few pillages and see how they do.Mean as it may seem sometimes I'd even hire a few friends and let them put the officer through their paces (good jobber,bad jobber).

3) Make sure that all my officers were a cohesive unit and worked together.Any officer that had an issue with another would have a meeting with me to resolve the issue with myself as the mediator.Fair and impartial...not taking sides but me offering different options for resolution.

Sorry the post is so long....just wanted to let you guys know my requirements when I was a Captain.I actually expelled someone 3 times before I finally gave up on them.

Fair winds
Redbrdterry (on all oceans)
Senior Officer of the crew Mermaids Typhoon
Lord of the flag Puzzleholics Anonymous
[Oct 27, 2006 1:21:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sensualtzer    averyrealboy [Link]  Go to top 
Rudebwoi

One for you Antix

MOOBS

Edits cos i couldnt get the dam Picture up!! LOL
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Rudebwoi at Oct 31, 2006 7:59:02 AM]
[Oct 27, 2006 3:41:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Anyone cause trouble with you, send em to uncle nejji...

Ill set em straight!
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Oct 27, 2006 9:40:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaimus

Comments

Terry : Yer slightly off topic but I agree

Terry : The bit on topic of vetting officers means fewer thieves and liars get anywhere where they can do damage

Swearers : Tend to get expelled from many crews until they join a swearing crew or get complained, banned and/or repatriated

"I want Officer" : tend to find small crews where they strut their stuff for 5 minutes and try to use it as leverage to get into a bigger crew at a higher rank. A few get lucky that the small crew they join gets large, most always feel a hollow victory of officership and are still Officers ina small crew.

"I want Gun/Nav" : Most eventually get the hint that they need the extra practice, which only takes a short while in any case and move on

"My other character is an Ulimate gunner" : These liars normally just move to other crews until some poor bugger accepts their lies

So in general Rude
- people with like minded ideas do tend to clump as that is where they find *acceptance* for their behavior
Shaimus on All Oceans, but mainly Sage

RogueOM Squad - Wiki links - Makes it easier for me as well
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rogue_OM_Squad_VII_Neapolitan
http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/index.php?mforum=roms
[Oct 29, 2006 9:35:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates