• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4604 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Shorty_Jack

Last Day for a Sprite - Dec. 2 [Date Changed]

So the time has come for Dark Judgement's Sprite to take his leave from the game. We are so sadden by his leaving we've decided to throw him a huge goodbye party... well actually it's mainly his doing. He actually plans on giving away over 1 million poe and prizes! Down on Lagniappe, some Dark Judgement members will be giving away random amounts of poe for good piratey behavior. We will be giving away 100k right here, so come stop by and get a chunk of this poe! We will not list the Dark Judgement members who are caring such amounts of poe on them, so you have to do some searching!

Tournamental 3 pm - 6 pm (pst)
Since Sprite has played for a while, he's built up quite a stash of poe, so what better way to do it then to throw tournaments. Not just one but a huge amount of tournaments. In fact, on November 4th at 3 pm pirate time (pst), he plans to throw one tournament every 5 minutes with 10k in the pot with free entry for 3 hours! Each tournament will vary in puzzle throughout the event. But that's the warm-up, one tournament of each type, with a pot of 50k and a special prize, will be held randomly throughout the 3 hours. At the end of the night, whatever Sprite has left he will throw into the last tournament of his choosing (this will be after the blockade). The special tournaments will be only held on Lagniappe, so if you want in those you must come down and visit our island, a whisk will be provided on the notice board or you can send me (Shortyjack) or Annaleese a tell. Also, this is suppose to be a fun way to say goodbye to our friend, please do not alt or cheat in anyway.

Last Sloop Standing 7 pm (pst)
Dark Judgement will be holding a last sloop standing event with a twist! It will be at Lagniappe on November 4thDecember 2nd, 7 pm pirate time (pst). This will last (hopefully) two rounds. It will be sinking so you won't get your boats back. For all those that wish to enter: you must send a tell to me, Shortyjack, of who is captain/leader on your team, you must provide your own sloop(s), you must provide your own stock*, and you must have fun! We will have a Grand Frigate* on the board. First sloop to sink her gets a special prize! However, be warned we will shoot back. In between rounds, if the GF is damaged too much we will switch ships in order to make the event last a little longer. After two rounds if the GF is still standing, the special prize will be taken off the table and the people aboard the GF will get lots of prizes! We will also not offer jobs at the notice board for this event at least for the GF's side.

We also might have a special guest aboard the GF. If his schedule is clear or he doesn't forget, he will be joining us for some sinky fun. This maybe your chance to come sink a OOO employee, however, I won't tell you who it is.

This is suppose to be a game that requires lots of strategy. There are multiple tatics in which to be used, hiding or staying in the safe zone, is one of them. It is all part of a team's strategy so it is not considered going against the rules of this event or against the spirit of the game. Just know if we see you sitting to save up tokens or prevent damage we will come after you.

Now for the rules:
1. Each team must pre-register before entering the board. This is to ensure your team recieves the prizes. If you want to crash the event and sink some boats, we won't stop you, however, if you win your team will not recieve the prize and will go to the team registered. You can pre-register at anytime as long as it's before the GF enters the board.
2. If your ship sinks you are allowed to come back on another boat as long as the GF is not sunk yet. Also know that if the GF gets sunk early, we aboard the GF can come onto the board to help shoot down some sloops, especially those that do not follow rules. (We just aren't eligible for the prize).
3. If two or more ships are shooting the GF and cause it to sink that turn those ships will fight it out until the last one standing gets the ribbons and poe.
4. If we feel anyone is cheating in this you will be disqualified. There will only be sloops and the GF aboard the board at all times. If you decide to alt and bring a brig to shoot us, not only will your brig be sunk, expect us to send you a war dec and hunt you down.
5. It is not against the rules to set up alliances between the sloops, however we frown upon it.

Now for the prizes:
Winners of the Last Sloop Standing: 140k and Knobby Coral trinkets!
Winners of the Sloop that Sinks the GF: 140k and blue ribbons!

*Fine rum and small cannonballs will be on sale on Lagniappe (5 league points to Eclipse) for a very cheap price. This is so it doesn't cost your team a lot of poe to enter such a great competition! Depending on how much poe we have left, along with donations, we will try to provide as much of your stock as possible.

*If we do not get enough people to man a GF we will move to a War Brig. We don't see this happening but it is a possibility as most will want to enter it. Oh, and we pay our jobbers, so it's not like they don't get anything but a sinking. (After posting this on various ally forums, I've discovered most want to join us on the GF, so we might just have a huge party aboard the GF trying to sink ourselves.)

We are open for donations! We are trying to provide as much rum, cannonballs, ships, and poe as possible but any donations are welcomed!
-----------------------------------------------
We were asked if we were still planning on blockading Eclipse instead of event blockading Lagniappe. We still are planning on blockading Eclipse. At this point, we find it easiest to do, so the blockade will take place on Eclipse.
Since time has passed by we have decided to run an event blockade on our wonderful island of Lagniappe.

Questions? Comments? Tarting?
----------------------------------------------
I would like to apologize to all those that wished to attend on the original date. It was not my intention to reschedule but due to some RL circumstances the event must be changed. Sorry everyone.
----------------------------------------
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Shorty_Jack at Nov 29, 2006 11:47:12 PM]
[Oct 24, 2006 8:38:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
heavenseyes

Re: Last Day for a Sprite - Nov. 4 [Over 1 million in poe and prizes!]

If we don't want to enter in our own sloop can we hop on the GF? Also, if the GF is not sunk everyone aboard it get's prizes correct? So if it is sunk noone on the GF get's prizes?
Flameangel,
Officer of KMM
Official Honorary Member of Aye Carumbas.
[Oct 27, 2006 10:59:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

We will try to take as many people as we can on the GF, but our hearties and allies will come first. We will not be offering a job offer for those not wanting to put up their sloop for the event. Let me clarify on the prizes too. If the GF is not sunk by the end of the 2nd round, the 140k will be added to the pot we are already planning on paying our jobbers. The ribbons will be sent back to Apollo or be saved for another event, if he trusts me to hold onto them and use them accordingly. I do not see this happening though (EDIT: sinking the GF not Apollo not trusting me).

A lot of hearties and allies what to join us on the GF because they want to sail and have fun with their friends. We expect competition and hopefully we got a lot of it. If you or someone else is afraid of the prize not really being worth the price of a sloop, have you team split the cost of a sloop. That way the profit if you win is higher than what you expected.

The only reason our prizes are so high (in my opinion) is because we want to grab the attention of many and get them to have some sinking fun with us. We on the GF plan to sink. We want to sink. I'll even encourage others from other oceans to come and sink some of us elitest for fun. Getting a boat maybe a problem but hey find a team or someone with a boat.

So come and get us! We, elistests, won't go down with out a fight!

Edit: More clarification. I hate my stupid wording.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shorty_Jack at Oct 27, 2006 11:39:29 PM]
[Oct 27, 2006 11:37:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
jbranham

So sad when a pirate leaves...I'm sure he will be missed by all his mates and hearties...good luck to him and fair winds.

Great event mates I will try to be on for it.
[Oct 28, 2006 12:23:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fafdsfr13

actually, its a grand prize pool of 4,040,000 poe
You have the right to remain silent, anything ye say will be misquoted and used against ye in the court of law

----------

[Edit 100,000 times, last edit by fafdsfr13 at Apr 10, 2006 8:40:27 PM]
[Oct 28, 2006 10:27:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

I didn't estimate how much this everything was so can you show me how you got that figure?
[Oct 29, 2006 5:01:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
cheeseman984

actually, its a grand prize pool of 4,040,000 poe

um well we dont really know the amount because we dont know the amount for the random torny the prize pool is 900k plus the trinkets and plus the amount for the random tourny.
-Cheesedawg, Dragons of Oblivion, Dragon Masters, Viridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cheeseman984 at Oct 31, 2006 3:20:20 AM]
[Oct 31, 2006 3:19:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

I hate to announce this but due to unseen circumstances the blockade will be rescheduled for December 2nd 7 pm game time. I would like to apologize to all those that wished to enter tomorrow. My flag and I tried all day to fix as much as we could to pull off the event to have it happen tomorrow, but it can not be done. I hope you all still join us in tournaments and for the blockade (which will be held on Dec 2).

Tournamental will start tomorrow at 3pm game time. Remember the 50k pot tournaments + OM prize will be local only on Lagnaippe. There will be a whisk on the notice board for those that wish to enter those.

-Shortyjack
[Nov 3, 2006 6:58:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Thanks to all who participated in Tournamental! It was a blast down on Lagniappe!

Special congrats to:

Quickbooty who won the 50k TD tourny taking home a lump of coal!
Silverstache who won the 50k Drinking tourny taking home a Red/White Handkerchief!
Thebutcher who won the 50k Rumble tourny taking home a Pink Starfish!
Dunny who won the 50k SF tourny taking home a Yellow Starfish!

My apologizes for making the 50k SF tourny ocean-wide. I forgot to hit the local-only button. I hope even with some of our mistakes most of you had as much fun as us!

Here are some screenshots I took when I wasn't setting up a tourny:

Hope to see you all on Dec. 2!
[Nov 4, 2006 6:32:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
dawn_d_23

Re: Last Day for a Sprite - Dec. 2 [Date Changed]

I Really don't belive this! Sprite was one of my 1st hearties when i signed up to this game over 18months ago! Sprite you will be sorely missed by me :( I do wish you every happiness with what ever you do tho mate x x
Dawn
[Nov 6, 2006 11:33:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    just_dawn_here [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

BUMP!

So the time has come to dust off the GF that has been sitting around for almost a month and have it join the other boats at the bottom of the ocean! What 3 days? until this happens?

That's right! Last Sloop Standing match on Lagniappe (it has been switched from Eclipse) 7 pm pst (10 est)!

140k plus coral trinkets to the ship last standing!
140k plus blue ribbons to the ship that sinks the GF!

I dare you. Come sink us! It's free to enter and you can win some awesome prizes! Plus, everyone loves to sink! Rules are in the first post.

And if you're in an event mood that day, Feylind's Ultimate Scavenger Hunt is happening earilier in the day! I suggest you check it out!
[Nov 29, 2006 11:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Feylind's Ultimate Scavenger Hunt is happening earilier in the day! I suggest you check it out!

/e hugs SJ for the free advertising.

If the scavenger hunt doesn't drive me completely insane, I'll be there :-)

-- Fey
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Nov 30, 2006 7:11:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
wndrgrl

Oy..

Fate is playing with our events! It appears that for some unknown reason, the ocean gods do not want us to have this event. People go missing (/me hides the bodies) and things fail to declare (/me throws away all the scattered declarations she forgot.) Real life has been catching up with me lately as I move into finals and the such. Alas, I have been slacking! So, because of my poor timing skills, and a series of unfortunate events, THIS event will be slightly changed.

We could postpone it..again..but we WANT to give away lots of poe and trinkets! Yes, while I greedily want to keep all those ribbons for myself, we are bound and determined to give them away to the winner!

So..we have decided that we will change the format a bit, but still ensure fun and prizes.

Time is the same, starting at 7pm pst down on Lagniappe Island. You will be jobbed into a crew to register and keep chatter in one place. Send a /tell to Shortyjack or Annaleese to obtain a job. Once jobbed, you will register your ship. If you don't have one, we will have some you can borrow. Each team will participate in PvPs along the Lag-Rhino route. Charters will be available as well. At the end of of each PvP, both teams should /tell Annaleese who the winner was and a tally will be kept. The team with the most wins will be the Last Sloop Standing! Prizes will be award directly after the event.

We look forward to seeing you there!
That was clearly yours.

Annaleese, Brook, Bettany
and Shortyjack is absolutely wonderful..
[Dec 2, 2006 10:51:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

I'd like to add... the first sloop to defeat the GFheh meant war frig will receive the bonus prizes! We will not shoot since the sf the sloop is at a disadvantage but we will run!

You must engage us to have a battle with the GF!

If your ship does not have a chart from Lag to Rhino, I will provide one for ye.

Sorry for the inconvenience, again....

:(

EDIT: I was just informed we will be using a war frig
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shorty_Jack at Dec 2, 2006 10:58:38 AM]
[Dec 2, 2006 10:56:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates