• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 59
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5156 times and has 58 replies Next Thread
juventus1

You talk a great game, JD, but you got no balls.

Just another pointless non-blockade evening being whiled away on Y!PP, when what should my little eye spy, but the British Eagles were hiring aboard Demolition Digger from the Notice Board. And none other than Niflheim at the helm, the alt of an old friend of mine, so to speak. They were headed Lima-Prolix with an intent to continue back and forth until they reached an acceptable amount of booty, or so my alt's chat logs told me. (And for those of you who are nitpickers, no, I'm an avid follower of the Fandango convention and my alts hop ship when my main engages. So STFU, before you start talking.)

Thinking to myself, Wait a second, aren't they still at war with Riddlemakers?, I quickly went to check RM's flag info page: and lo and behold, after multiple weeks of griefing by Ellipse the war was still on. Well that's just not right, Bob (I have severe acute schizophrenia with a touch of psychosis) said to me. If someone's gonna take out ships during war, they gotta be prepared for the consequences.

Quickly logging onto my RM alt, I began loading a WF with jobbers: thanks to many good friends and allies, we got up to 31 in about 10 minutes, and started off from Terra to intercept.

Unfortunately, one of the people we asked apparently tipped JD off, and he made a very wise and august tactical decision to run for the nearest port, tail tucked between his legs.

We had to turn around and port, unfortunately; I really wasn't in the mood to run a pillage, and everyone knows that the ones that aren't on interarches suck. <3

You've always told me that you're that much better a navver than me, and that Ellipse/SX/RI pwns VG, P4P, et al. Yet whenever we blockade nav against each other, I come out the better, and whenever I challenge you to or try to intercept you in a 1 v 1 pvp, you always run away before any shots are fired, or come up with an excuse. So I've got only one more question for you.

Do you got the balls to stand up to me?
----------------------------------------
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Oct 23, 2006 7:27:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

Re: You talk a great game, JD, but you got no balls.

*chuckles*

You're a funny guy, kiddo.
Johndigger

Fleet Officer of The British Eagles

All round barrelstopper.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jondigger20 at Oct 23, 2006 7:32:38 PM]
[Oct 23, 2006 7:32:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mr_Monkey_12

You talk a great game, JD, but you got no balls.

Maybe he/she dosn't but do you?
Anubis (Only comes in Malachite flavor)
Mrmonkey (Only comes in Hunter flavor)

If one writes a book about failer, and no one reads it, does it succeed?

Sorry if my spelling/grammar is bad/incorrect English isn't my first language.
[Oct 23, 2006 8:09:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.google.com [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

I thought Niflheim was from Holland?

JD, of course, is just a wacky Brit.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Oct 23, 2006 8:35:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
r_nevermind

Meh, they're both schmexy navvers. I'd give my right eye for either one of 'em. The only person for whom I'd give more is Mac.

Edit: Or perhaps Twiggy. XD
~Mergen - Captain- Ira Deorum; Queen- Regnum Irae

Cheers to Nordenx (and Framling!) for the avatar!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by r_nevermind at Oct 23, 2006 9:01:51 PM]
[Oct 23, 2006 8:55:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

Des, the excuse he had with me was that our WF was not worth as much as his. His black and pink rename was so much better than our plain WF. I said ok then, not a problem...When I offered to take out the Baby Beluga (a black and gold WF) and just finish this whole debacle he still ported talking smack the whole time.

JD and I had a nice talk for a good hour and half after the incident so I know that he didnt have to go. At the same time it was fun to hear how I ruined the ocean so thanks for porting you little chicken sh...I wont finish it.
Beebe
Blar wrote: 
It *was* special, and now i'm sober.

[Oct 23, 2006 9:14:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

Following on from what BB said:

Our WF was worth 5 times as much as yours.

You had a hand-picked crew. We didn't.

We had 27 jobbers, even after winning all of our battles and setting out with 55, as is the way with WF pillages.

It was 3am and my concentration wasn't at it's best.

We had booty. You didn't.

We also had a fair bit of damage due to being undermanned.

The offer of facing your other "Expensive Wf" came after we'd hit port and all the jobbers had left.

In addition, we had planned on porting then, anyway.

And remember the last time you got mad at me, Des? You asked me for a PvP on Gamegardens. Who won?
Johndigger

All round barrelstopper.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by jondigger20 at Oct 23, 2006 9:28:08 PM]
[Oct 23, 2006 9:24:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
konck1

Desmag wrote: 
Do you got the balls to stand up to me?

Couldn't he buy them dockside for around 40-60* poe?

*Not really up to date on the Viridian market.
Ruthless Balla 4 Real
[Oct 23, 2006 9:36:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    overlyclever [Link]  Go to top 
jaym2k5

zumg!!!11one stope de tarting and settle ut wit a fight for christ sayk!!!

I really would like to see that, you know. It'd be fun. Des, 1 v 1 with JD.

POWN HIM!
Jamezrob. - Banned.
[Oct 24, 2006 3:17:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

Following on from what BB said:

We had 27 jobbers, even after winning all of our battles and setting out with 55, as is the way with WF pillages.

The offer of facing your other "Expensive Wf" came after we'd hit port and all the jobbers had left.

And remember the last time you got mad at me, Des? You asked me for a PvP on Gamegardens. Who won?

JD, you have more excuses than Twiggy on blockade day (sorry Twiggy, I love you but it is true)

1) Our crew was not hand picked we jobbed as fast as we could just trying to get out there.

2) You could have easily gone back out and "hand picked" your jobbers to settle this once and for all

3) Someone was on the ship with you, you didnt want to port you magically changed your mind, gee I wonder why.

4) You proved that all you do is hunt people that are not as experienced as you...sorry but your 17 sinks that you were bragging about last night arent impressive when you are sinking newer officers that are in their first big war.

5) Game gardens is a little different than actually PvPing, although good practice, not the same and you know it.

6) As for the booty, what are you worried about if you are soooo good and not going to sink?

7) The undermanned excuse is lame, how hard is it is ask over /fo if people want to fo WF vs WF and get some backups?

8) Funny you are standing up for yourself like this...arent you banned???

*chuckles*
Beebe
Blar wrote: 

[Oct 24, 2006 5:29:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rudebwoi

8) Funny you are standing up for yourself like this...arent you banned???

Ouch, i can see a red hand print forming!!! oooh that must have hurt!! LMAO
A Cuppa Tea makes everything better!
[Oct 24, 2006 5:43:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

Avoiding a ban, no matter what the reasons for doing so, is against TOS and can lead to computer tainting and perma-ban.

On a lighter note, sounds like someone that can only talk the talk in war. Sinking new officers is part of the war, but running like a bitch whenever someone big challenges you is sad. Man up and get some balls.
Cohog
[Oct 24, 2006 6:32:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

JD, you have more excuses than Twiggy on blockade day (sorry Twiggy, I love you but it is true)

Keep me out of this.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Oct 24, 2006 6:36:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

Keep me out of this.

Lub you Twiggy! I just miss your competition, you were the best they had and it is a shame that they never appreciated that.
Beebe
Blar wrote: 

[Oct 24, 2006 7:04:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blackmaria

sorry but your 17 sinks that you were bragging about last night arent impressive

17?

I think Nitro has that many in this past week.

Moler has prolly had DAYS that have approchaed that many.

I'm a lil surprised that its only 17....and that this amount was being bragged about.
Just show up and shoot, thats my philosophy.
[Oct 24, 2006 7:55:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

Quality > quantity. Anyone can sink random, undermanned or poorly ran boats (even me!).
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Oct 24, 2006 8:01:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blackmaria

A) it wasn't the quality being bragged about, but the quantity (17 would be a quantity, correct?)

B)

Quality > quantity. Anyone can sink random, undermanned or poorly ran boats (even me!).

Yup thats basicly what she said about JD.
Just show up and shoot, thats my philosophy.
[Oct 24, 2006 8:56:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

Right, so everyone here would, in fact, risk a black painted War Frigate renamed and such, against a normal War Frigate, with just 27 people aboard?

Kudos, to you, if you will.

And as for the 17 sinks. Sure, it's more quantity than quality, I hunt anything that leaves port and is Rm. There is quality in there too.

The majority of RMs pillages are by greenie officers, so surely, by common logic, most of my sinks are going to be greenie officer, no?

Quality > Quantity, of course. But my main aim in this war has been to stop RM pillaging, in which case, not just quality will suffice.

Sure, I always try and sink blood runs - but 6 vs 6, Elites Vs Elites generally end up 93 turns with no one sinking.

Just for the record:

I have accepted every challenge of an arranged sinker from RM and tried to arrange some WB sinkers. Regardless of the navver.
Johndigger

All round barrelstopper.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by jondigger20 at Oct 24, 2006 9:28:20 AM]
[Oct 24, 2006 9:06:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Personally I can't see anything wrong with running away from an attacking ship in wartime. The only bad thing is to complain if they sink you.

If you can't catch the running ship well it's tough ship for you then.
[Oct 24, 2006 9:09:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

Right, so everyone here would, in fact, risk a black painted War Frigate renamed and such, against a normal War Frigate, with just 27 people aboard?.

I do believe that we had the same # of people on board, and were fully willing to make that even.

Thanks, we were just trying to make it fair.

And as for the 17 sinks. Sure, it's more quantity than quality, I hunt anything that leaves port and is Rm. There is quality in there too.

I have no issues with you hunting anything and everything, I have issues with you bragging about it, getting a real challenge, and running for your dear life.

The majority of RMs pillages are by greenie officers, so surely, by common logic, most of my sinks are going to be greenie officer, no?

Again no problems, but when they arent run by "greenie officers" try to grow some and actually PvP

Quality > Quantity, of course. But my main aim in this war has been to stop RM pillaging, in which case, not just quality will suffice.

/me looks around the ocean. RM is still pillaging, they still have their island too, way to waste your time on a silly goal.

Sure, I always try and sink blood runs - but 6 vs 6, Elites Vs Elites generally end up 93 turns with no one sinking.

What about 27 vs 27? Oh wait! You ran from that, Im sorry.

Just for the record:

I have accepted every challenge of an arranged sinker from RM and tried to arrange some WB sinkers. Regardless of the navver.

Fooled me...you just got challenged and RAN.

PS Arent you banned?

*chuckles*
Beebe
Blar wrote: 

[Oct 24, 2006 9:57:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Next time in game ye engage us we can give ye one of these excuses and you'll leave us be?

Or do these only apply to certain players?
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Oct 24, 2006 10:24:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catzubmsve

Come on JD.....man up! Quit running like a scalded dog every time Des or someone just as good as you at bnav comes after you.It's war...your flag returned the war dec...so stop being a pansy.

The fact that you were out pillaging and had booty is of no consequence...you take the chance of losing that booty in times of war.I believe it's called "the spoils of war"?

I may not like some of the things Des says but one thing is for sure....he's not afraid to call someone out AND stand up to them face to face and not run away.BB did offer to load a painted WF and meet you on the seas and you chose not to.So your excuse about the cost of the ship....lame.

You all but admitted you've been playing the game on this thread...that took a REAL rocket scientist considering your banned from the game.And yes I believe ban evasion IS against the rules.

You know JD...you got all those people to act righteous for you and start a petition to "Free John Digger" and yet now it comes out that you've been evading the ban all along.How does it feel to make people believe your following the rules and in open forum admit you basically snubbed your nose at them after I've seen many posts by you for slamming people for ban evading?

Practice what you preach JD.Oh and your little snide remarks like "your funny kiddo" and such...their weak attempts to try and talk down to people....and they surely don't impress me or I'm sure anyone else.

So go ahead...tart me JD...I can take it....so can Des,BB and others here.Or do us all a favor...please,please,PLEASE do your ban evading quietly and stop drawing attention to yourself (which you seem to like to do by the way.."look at me,look at me").In the end you will get caught....and I hope I'm there to see it.So I can wave bye,bye to JD.

Don't free John Digger...put him back where he belongs....at the bottom of DJL.Along with his precious and expensive WF.

just my 2 poes worth

Redbrdterry (on all oceans)
Senior Officer of the crew Mermaids Typhoon
Lord of the flag Puzzleholics Anonymous
[Oct 24, 2006 10:42:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sensualtzer    averyrealboy [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

You had 34.

As I said before: I wasn't going to risk my Black WF against a normal WF and the other challenge came too late, after we had divided booty.

Yes, lots of people know who I am in-game. Why don't you just ban me? Onemurdoc knows who I am, Trigg too, you do, Des does too. Instead of trying to discredit me, just ban me.

Even when you do, it seems strange that a the lot of you knew all along, you choose now to actually do it.
Johndigger

All round barrelstopper.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jondigger20 at Oct 24, 2006 10:45:30 AM]
[Oct 24, 2006 10:44:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

Red, I think I just fell in love with you. =P

Edit:

Even when you do, it seems strange that a the lot of you knew all along, you choose now to actually do it.

Actually JD, yes I knew you were around but I didnt waste my time trying to get you banned, it isnt how I work. I have commented time and time again about you being banned and still lurking around in various forums, and I have only done this when you make an argument that is just plain lame. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that you were stupid enough to actually admit you were here. We dont have to try and get you banned again, you do it yourself.
Beebe
Blar wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by sed729 at Oct 24, 2006 11:00:51 AM]
[Oct 24, 2006 10:45:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

Errr...

Last I checked a Black/Gold renamed WF (That BB offered to take out to make it even) wasn't worth 5 times LESS than a Black/Pink rename, so you'll have to come up with something better. Because if they were willing to switch ships to make it even, I am going to bet they would have allowed you to switch to a plain WF with your jobbers if you'd have asked.
Jolyma

[Oct 24, 2006 10:50:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Yes, lots of people know who I am in-game. Why don't you just ban me? Onemurdoc knows who I am, Trigg too, you do, Des does too. Instead of trying to discredit me, just ban me.

Its just so much more fun when someone does it themselves.
Triggster.
[Oct 24, 2006 10:54:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

Some strange guy dressed in black wrote: 
your flag returned the war dec

Just a note of historical accuracy, RM returned the war dec, not Ellipse.

Now get on with the tarting.
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[Oct 24, 2006 1:19:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

Des wrote: 
(And for those of you who are nitpickers, no, I'm an avid follower of the Fandango convention and my alts hop ship when my main engages. So STFU, before you start talking.)

Fandango convention doesn't say you can't port if an enemy ship is hunting you. JD felt he was in disadvantage and he certainly was, so why not port?
Triggster wrote: 

Next time in game ye engage us we can give ye one of these excuses and you'll leave us be?

Or do these only apply to certain players?

We never came to tart on the forums when one of your ships managed to port before we engaged it. There was no engage here.
BB wrote: 

Right, so everyone here would, in fact, risk a black painted War Frigate renamed and such, against a normal War Frigate, with just 27 people aboard?.

I do believe that we had the same # of people on board, and were fully willing to make that even.

Thanks, we were just trying to make it fair.

I have no issues with you hunting anything and everything, I have issues with you bragging about it, getting a real challenge, and running for your dear life.

Again no problems, but when they arent run by "greenie officers" try to grow some and actually PvP

/me looks around the ocean. RM is still pillaging, they still have their island too, way to waste your time on a silly goal.

What about 27 vs 27? Oh wait! You ran from that, Im sorry.

Just for the record:

Fooled me...you just got challenged and RAN.

PS Arent you banned?

*chuckles*

1.) You had same number of people and you wanted to make it even? How do you even what's the same?
2.) He sunk 17 ships out of all RM ships that we saw out. We weren't picking targets by who navved them and we were in sinkings with Onemurdoc, Paski and Zao who are best navvers of RM. We targeted EVERY ship of RM that was out and we saw it. Also, you have a problem with bragging? HAHA! Vanguard is the flag that brags most in the whole bloody ocean.
3.) That not-quite-pvp happened at 3am his time. You offered a fight between his frigate at Prolix/Lima against yours at Coch. To load the frigates with people, move them, engage them and fight a sinker that can last an hour, an hour and a half, possibly more...I don't think having an important PVP in an online piratey game is a good excuse to miss school/work...
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[Oct 24, 2006 1:25:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

1. This thread sucks.

B. Numbers are stupid.

III. Make an even challenge and shut up. :D

-completely neutral at this point-
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Oct 24, 2006 1:47:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Weeeeee, war is over.

The broadcasted schedule should now return to normal. Please take a job off the notice board.

Thank you and goodnight.
Triggster.
[Oct 24, 2006 2:18:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates