• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2613 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
IceColdFire

An interesting email from the VO forums.

Due to my frequent bannings on viridianocean.com, i've only been able to visually see what is going on on that board for about fourty minutes in the last few months. In saying that, i also have no soapbox to tart about what i do infact have access to. So this'll make due.

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "Viridian Ocean Forums". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

hunterocean.com@hunterocean.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well maybe they only love your wallet.

http://www.hunterocean.com
http://www.yppsucks.com

Please, the websites above will be removed forever if the Ringers decide to not steal money and items from entire flags (or even a single person).

Arigatou.

V

Last i checked, both of these websites are/were owned by Subliminal. So this is a message to any admins on VO that care to get involved. Why is it that you continue to support an administrator with such a heavy hand? He says he is leaving, but never does. He bans some of the top contributors for petty reasons.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps our random outbursts are fueled, and shaped, around the fact that some of us aren't willing to be leashed and dragged around? Ultimately, conforming to a set of rules that are completely ad hominem purely to allow a certain bittered, out-dated admin to sleep better at night?

Call it what you will but i moderated that forum fairly for eight months, and always stuck to the jurisdiction of my task. To be a banned member and see this blatant attempt of moral recruitment and hatrid towards what should be a personal, customer service leveled agenda -- it makes me sick.

Either unban me, Antix, and whoever else, and control the provoking medium or get out of my email inbox. Every time a foolish move is made, VO forums become more of an offspring and less dignified to the efforts that Caesarae made to establish a quality forum.

Call me remenescent, but at one point VO forums was similar to a raw, political, disgruntled family. This included Subliminal. I used to enjoy having somebody to spar with. But you can't spar with somebody who has the power to ban you, throw you to the curb, change passwords, lock topics, remove moderators, and tear apart any form of structure that an environment such as a forum once had.
----------------------------------------
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Oct 22, 2006 2:59:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Re: An interesting email from the VO forums.

I apologise for not acting sooner. The problem has been solved as best I can at the moment.

Again I apologise to everyone who was removed from access to those forums, if you'd like to regain it, please PM me HERE as I'm not going to go through the thousands of members we have individually and correct the problem one by one that way.

Phoenix
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Oct 22, 2006 7:23:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

I really see no purpose for the continuation of the maintenance of those forums. They used to be frequented by a much larger portion of the Viridian population, and new topics were hot and debated fervently. This is no longer the case; it is a rare sight to see even a new thread, and the ocassional entertaining verbal sparring seems to have migrated over here. Simply said, they had their heydey, but all good things must come to an end.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Oct 22, 2006 7:47:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

I think I would have to agree what is the point of those forums now anyway? We have our own parley forum here, so we should just use these ones so everyone knows what is going on. I personally don't go on VO forums because I feel that there is no point in using them.
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[Oct 22, 2006 9:32:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

They went downhill fast, right around the time when Sub would ban people who insulted him.
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[Oct 22, 2006 12:24:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
Valien

Aye, I rarely venture over there as well. Quality of content has dropped dramatically over the last few months...
Valien ~ Breathing in Viridian's salty air since July 05.
[Oct 22, 2006 12:30:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chumpmonkey.com [Link]  Go to top 
jondigger20

You say it like Viridian Parley is the epitome of excitement.
Johndigger

Fleet Officer of The British Eagles

All round barrelstopper.
[Oct 22, 2006 12:31:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dancinjen

i got that email as well.

eh.. i think VO forums would be a good place to go if we want to be a little more graphic in what we say on there. I enjoy going on those forums actually when we actually have a fun topic or something stupid going on.

but maybe that is just my personality i don't take things so seriously and i goof around. Basically that site is good for fast information and quick in making friends... this site is not so quick when you want to find something related to just viridian.

VO forums is on a more personal level and SOMETIMES a little more laid back. Its whatever "atmoshpere" you prefer.
[Oct 22, 2006 3:41:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Heh, why is this only happening now?

Edit: Oh, because it's officially a public issue now. I see.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotsofgoats at Oct 22, 2006 6:12:12 PM]
[Oct 22, 2006 4:22:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

I won't be back to VO forums for various reasons - including barrelstoppery by said person who triggered this thread in the first place. I advise anyone with half a brain to do the same, as Des said - what's the point anymore?

EDIT: Language.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Eurydice at Oct 22, 2006 9:19:05 PM]
[Oct 22, 2006 6:30:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
avginfidel

I won't be back to VO forums for various reasons - including barrelstoppery by said person who triggered this thread in the first place. I advise anyone with half a brain to do the same, as Des said - what's the point anymore?

You are back as admin and I deleted my account there. Have fun.

Oh and Twiggy. You are a disgusting person.

<awaits this account to be forum banned>
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Eurydice at Oct 22, 2006 9:21:13 PM]
[Oct 22, 2006 8:22:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Edit: Oh, its Subliminal. There's a reason you're name was [LANGUAGE, PLEASE] on SRITB.
Don't pave me, please!

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Eurydice at Oct 22, 2006 9:20:44 PM]
[Oct 22, 2006 8:32:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
dancinjen

i just love how the last three posts got edited.

hehe..
[Oct 22, 2006 9:34:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

Heh. Yeah. Keep it clean, folks.
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."
[Oct 22, 2006 9:41:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Funny, they can't seem to do it on the VO forums either....

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

no u

-Pro

[Oct 22, 2006 10:07:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

That one ain't my problem, though. ;)
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."
[Oct 22, 2006 10:16:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
KariMinger

That one ain't my problem, though. ;)

Be glad. I agree, it's dead, dead, dead. And the fact that he tells people not to have vanity threads but then posts one in Announcements and justifies it by saying he's an admin is......whatever.

Anyways, I lost official respect when he told me to remove my "Out of Office"message from Outlook on my work email because it could trigger me to be categorized as spam. I get approximately 60 emails a day, 84 on one record day. If I didn't tell people I was out, hell would break loose. Every person on the planet uses an out-of-office message. Well, everyone who has an office.
Zazazu : blockading near you
Captain of "Cracker-Throwing Monkey"-Ellipse-Viridian
You can't buy fame, you earn it. Unless it's Corona Reef we're talking about. -Saltake
[Oct 22, 2006 10:21:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Oh and Twiggy. You are a disgusting person.

It had nothing to do with you. It had nothing to do with Kristi, or Brock, or anybody but the person i was "disgusting" to.

Stop trying to pretend that that comment is the origin of our fighting.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Oct 23, 2006 12:02:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

You mean Amethyst and I foresaw the fall of the VO forums? We were right?
I'm going to allow myself an undue amount of shock on this one. Hell, who am I kidding, of course we were right. :)
-Prophet Demonyaj
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Oct 23, 2006 6:14:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

You were edited for language too, Phoenix.
Don't pave me, please!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by moler22190 at Oct 23, 2006 8:53:40 AM]
[Oct 23, 2006 8:53:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

You mean Amethyst and I foresaw the fall of the VO forums? We were right?
I'm going to allow myself an undue amount of shock on this one. Hell, who am I kidding, of course we were right. :)
-Prophet Demonyaj

I knew it was coming the day parley got split. =p

- - - - - - - - - - -

Edit 1 times, last time by juventus1 on December 32, 1279
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Edit 2 times, last edit by juventus1 at Oct 23, 2006 2:33:59 PM]
[Oct 23, 2006 2:32:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dancinjen

You were edited for language too, Phoenix.

oh snap.

i don't know what to do to get edited.. hmm.. i want to get edited.. maybe this will work.

Naughty llama! That's not a seadonkey. Image removed.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Glaucus at Oct 23, 2006 8:31:10 PM]
[Oct 23, 2006 3:00:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catzubmsve

(laughs hysterically)

remember boys and girls..."absolute power corrupts absolutely"...I wondered how long it would take for this to hit the forum...I was gonna post the day i got the email but refrained.

I've had a lot of posts yanked...for what reason....some because "they didn't fit the post format" and some for other various lame reasons.

Sub has the power...let him have it.People don't post there anymore anyway....it's a ghostown.

<edit> Just checked and both websites have been taken down.....wonder why?
Redbrdterry (on all oceans)
Senior Officer of the crew Mermaids Typhoon
Lord of the flag Puzzleholics Anonymous
[Edit 2 times, last edit by catzubmsve at Oct 24, 2006 10:58:15 AM]
[Oct 24, 2006 10:56:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sensualtzer    averyrealboy [Link]  Go to top 
KariMinger

(laughs hysterically)

remember boys and girls..."absolute power corrupts absolutely"...I wondered how long it would take for this to hit the forum...I was gonna post the day i got the email but refrained.

I've had a lot of posts yanked...for what reason....some because "they didn't fit the post format" and some for other various lame reasons.

Sub has the power...let him have it.People don't post there anymore anyway....it's a ghostown.

<edit> Just checked and both websites have been taken down.....wonder why?

See here:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=821038#821038

Basically, he's moving on to something else he'll be able to grief in the future.
Zazazu : blockading near you
Captain of "Cracker-Throwing Monkey"-Ellipse-Viridian
You can't buy fame, you earn it. Unless it's Corona Reef we're talking about. -Saltake
[Oct 24, 2006 11:53:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jpafford

Twiggy wrote: 
He says he is leaving, but never does.

This is funny coming from you.
Smokesalot (for all you whiners crying about not knowing my pirate name)
Disclaimer:The above statement may or may not be true.
[Oct 24, 2006 12:12:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

Hoy, mates. Looks like just a lot of goading in here now, so I'm going to sink this.
[Oct 24, 2006 12:38:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates