• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2383 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Pianoman1125

[Entry Thread] Island Hosting Contest

Entries for the Island Hosting Contest are to be posted here.
----------------------------------------
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pianoman1125 at Oct 22, 2006 12:16:20 AM]
[Oct 22, 2006 12:00:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
calorifere

Re: [Entry Thread] Island Hosting Contest

Just to get this thing going...

u kin com 2 Byrne cuz Byrne roxxorz
Hatchetback
Senior Officer of Fifth Fist of th'Misfits
[Nov 2, 2006 1:43:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kiann87

The Hephaestus' Forge Visitors' Bureau welcomes INTER-OCEAN BLOCKADERS!

Come visit our rocky shores!

Our shopping district is known far and wide for our fair labor practices and reasonable prices. Proof of this can be seen in the Hall of Flame where the gibbet with the bleached bones of Seamusmclir has been erected--a reminder to unscrupulous merchants everywhere that Seraph's Nightmare does not tolerate slave wages or unfair pricing.

Exotic fresh fruit is imported daily from far off Dugong and is available year-round in Pandora's Box. The limes are particularly delicious, as known across the ocean from the famous Hephaestus' Forge Lime Party. You can even take a glass-bottomed boat tour of the Harbor where visitors can see the artificial reef, composed of thousands of mouldering crates of limes.

Our world-renowned inn is perfect for pre- or post-blockade events, and offers the finest alcoholic beverages for the discerning pirate--even scumble and the famed Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster! Ye should've seen the grand bout held years ago between the infamous RobertDonald and even more infamous Shuranthae, where they were both bested by the PGGB!

But that's not all! Hephaestus' Forge is the perfect vacation spot for both native Midnighters and visitors from other oceans! Our lakes of lava are perfect for warming up after sinking in the cold blue Midnight water, or roasting coconuts for a quick snack. The magically resurrecting Piggy MacLaren has fed thousands from his barbecue roasts over the years, yet no matter how many times he's been roasted to feed hungry pork and bacon fans, he still returns to the docks, as booty-sniffing fun as ever!

Hephaestus' Forge also has a rich musical history for you music lovers! Ye'll find just what ye're looking for, whether it's rock (we have lots of rock here, the island is made of it!), classical (our fair isle's classically-inspired name), or hip-hop (just try walking barefoot by the lava).

No matter what ye're looking for, Hephaestus' Forge has it all!
- Foxielady, Citizen of Hephaestus' Forge on the Great Midnight Ocean!
[Nov 6, 2006 7:11:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kiann1987 [Link]  Go to top 
dentalgirl

Don't Miss the Endure-It-If-You-Can History Tour!!

For a limited time only, Backlash is bringing back the highly anticipated Endure-It-If-You Can History Tour!! That?s right mates, you thought you knew the history of Endurance Isle, but here is your chance to get the REAL story (and juicy gossip) of the island everyone thinks of when people say "Amen!"

Our tour starts on the shores of our lovely island, where legend told that Tedv buried all his riches (however, this legend evaporated once Legacy discovered that it was actually Giggles' banana stash buried beneath the sand).

As we stroll onto the dock have your peanuts ready, as you will be greeted by some of the more feral island pets!!

Back away slowly and maintain eye contact as we head to the fabled Island Monument, which bears the tales and scars of the many infamous and controversial battles Endurance has endured! Hear of the fierce fighting between White Tree, Midnight Sun, Ruby Ringers, No Homers, Heaven's Aligned and Backlash!

Experience firsthand the fury felt by this holy island as we move on to the fearsome cannon towers! Fire the cannons and picture yourself fending off the approaching 'Dangos!
You will see the Root of All Evil, where Devin once stashed his hordes of PoE and the House of Prayer, now famous for Madeline's insanely wild all-night parties. But Beware!! In the dead of night, pirates passing by are still haunted by eerie cries of Sheepish Nancy, who vanished during one of these parties. Bahhhhh!

Finally, round out your visit with a nightcap at No Rest For the Wicked, pound a few back with Hideous Ida and the Backlash flag while telling stories and brawling until the wee hours.

So hurry mates and reserve your spot before it's too late! You don't want to be the one standing around listening to how your scurvy scallywag pal got an incredible picture of him and Numpty and all you got was that lousy T-shirt. So grab your peg leg, put on your best eye patch, and get on down to Endurance to enjoy the tour!

P.S. To reserve your spot send your message in a bottle to:
Jollyamelia
C/O No Rest for the Wicked
Endurance Isle
[Edit 2 times, last edit by dentalgirl at Nov 6, 2006 9:30:51 PM]
[Nov 6, 2006 9:24:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

I vote for Hatchet.
Rocketboy
Cursed Isles, ridding the ocean of poor BNAV one ship at a time.
[Nov 13, 2006 9:54:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tiannah

Jorvik's Plea

I remember the first night, it was dark and stormy. Lightning sizzled through my trees and thunder cracked my land. I trembled in excitement to see the ships sailing towards me, the air tasted like steel, the sea of anticipation. My heart knew I was a warriors' land, I hoped that blood would be shed on my shores and for my sake, for many years to come. I could not have hoped for more. They have fought for me, of all the isles in the ocean, I am the most prized, most sought after, most wanted and most loved. Pirates have died for me, retired over me and been cast from the community because of me. This was my destiny.

I was once once home to a powerful force, the shapeshifting spirit, Greenwolf. Whether he was truly man, bear or wolf, I will never share, but in all guises he shed blood for me. I felt his strength and power when he stood on my shores, I miss those days, I miss my spirit.

Now, I search for such power, such strength and will. I have flaunted myself for all pirates to see, made my grasses lusher, my trees taller, created images of gold and dancing girls on my shores, and they have come, oh yes, the mortals have come, they have spilled their blood for me.

Once again, I heard the name I longed for, Greenwolf. He was coming, but disappointment, his human form was weak, he needed help from Tyr to claim me, to pull his power from my lands, I would not allow it. I helped the settlers on my land repel him. His weakness would not sully me.

Twelve times they fought over me, twelve times powerful blood has soaked my shores. I dream of more battles, I yearn for more blood. I shimmer and shine for passing ships to see, but alas, I am in Tyr's grip, it is too strong, the mortals are afraid.

Come to me, fight for me, fight over me. I am worth it, oh yes, I am worth it.
Tiannah
Curse of Phoenix Warriors
Lady of Tyr's Own
[Nov 13, 2006 12:31:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tiannahstar [Link]  Go to top 
a11ycat

Eta Island

The sea-weathered man sat on the dock, fishing off the end. A smile crept to his face as the small boy came skipping towards him. His small friend loved the hear stories of the old times, almost as much as he loved to tell them.

The two exchanged greetings and then, the boy could contain himself no longer.

“Capt’n Bill, tell me about the battles fought here at Eta. Tell me the stories of Silver Dawn!”

The old sea dog chuckled before his eyes went distant. He grew quiet as he began to search the vast sea of his memories.

“These waters may be blue now,” he said, pointing his hand out to the sea, “But the blood of a thoudsand sailors and the hulls of a hundred ships lie beneath her waves.”

The boy’s face grew blank with astonishment as he listened intently.

“Years ago when these shores were claimed, others in the sea wanted her too. The fierce pirate Robertdonald set his eye upon Eta and sought to make her his own. He unleashed such an assault upon the ranks of Silver Dawn that he won her … for a time. But after only a week he was repelled and sent back to the sea. The Black Sheep Brigade came too and were turned away.

“And then there was the Notorious Fandango…”

The boy’s face turned white at the name.

“Not ones to be taken lightly,” he said sternly. But then a smile crept to his lips. “Aye, they held the island for a time too. The Dingos and Dawners battled in an epic blockade for Eta that saw the attackers win the day."

“But Silver Dawn won her back, didn’t they Capt’n?”

“Aye, that they did lad,” he replied with a chuckle. “That they did.”

“But why this island,” asked the boy? “Why Eta?”

“Lad, while the sailor loves the ocean, he needs a place to port his ship and rest his weary head. And for Dawners, Eta is that place that welcomes them like a good woman waiting for her man to return from the sea.

by Tlzallen
Silentwolf
Captain of the Soaring Gulls
Event Planner for Silver Dawn
[Nov 13, 2006 3:33:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
a11ycat

Cleopatra's Pearls

“So, you want to know the real history of this isle?” he said, squinting in the dim light.

“Yessir” I replied, knowing this was my one chance to find out the truth.

“Well, let me see, the first pirates to claim this land called their flag the Boochin' Katfish, and won this isle in fair contest, but the island attracted the interest of the flag Dark Judgement who were succesfully defeated by the Boochin' Katfish mates."

"Later Heartless Shadows attacked the island and after a hard fought fight became the new custodians of Cleopatra's Pearls. "

"The Heartless Shadows mates merged under the flag of Silver Dawn in a baptism of fire as the transfer of the island attracted one of the most infamous flags in the ocean; Notorious Fandango who brought their event Ketchy Kubby to the island. "

"Probably the most famous battle was between Admiral Crazyluigi of Silver Dawn and the scurvy pirate Jacktheblack whose brig “Black Eel” went one on one with Crazyluigi's Charming Tuna. The combat between the two brigs was fierce and full of cunning, with crew on both sides shouting insults to the other as the ships circled just out of range of each others cannon. Each ship tried to force the other into a vulnerable position, oblivious of the battle around them, but a Silver Dawn frig edged into the duel to give Crazyluigi an edge. A moment of indecision came over Jacktheblack, causing him to misjudge a whirlpool. Crazyluigi took the opportunity to sink a volley of cannonballs into the hull of the Eel and as the Fandango brig faltered the frig assisted Crazyluigi in sending the Black Eel to Davey Jones' Locker. This marked the sealing of victory for Silver Dawn, though many a crew on both sides had to struggle to shore with their pockets full of fish and the hope of an injury."

The old man took a deep draught of rum, “And that my boy, was just one of the tales of courage and cunning on this isle, and mark my words, there are more tales in the making!”

by Silentwolf
Silentwolf
Captain of the Soaring Gulls
Event Planner for Silver Dawn
[Nov 13, 2006 3:36:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

Thank you all for your entries! Please refer to the original announcement thread for details on the judging. Good luck to you all!

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Nov 15, 2006 11:32:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates