• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Announcement Thread
Total posts in this thread: 30
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18883 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
Artemis
OceanMaster

Forum purpose and guidelines Reply to this Post

Yohoho! This be the place fer planning and discussing events that you're thinking o running! Rules are simple:

- be nice, this be the place for making fun!
- Events should not be run from this forum, please repost in the appropriate place once finished
- Please use the appropriate tag for your thread:

[Idea] For brainstorming and molding a simple idea
[Workshop] or [Polish] for events that are almost done but just seeking feedback.
[Help] For people looking for support in form of judges, etc
[Discussion] For general talks about events
[Teaser] for people wanting to talk about an event that is ready to go soon (I'm thinking about this
[Template] for event templates :p
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Apollo at Feb 4, 2008 1:07:29 PM]
[Oct 19, 2006 10:02:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PJC321

Re: Forum purpose and guidelines Reply to this Post

Wee, a new forum to post in, nice work Arte
Pjc

Winner of the first Familiar in Booty or No Booty!

Retired, just around in the forums nowadays
[Oct 19, 2006 10:21:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
ScaryMuffin

Yay! All those nights in the rain banging on your window for this forum finally pays off!

Please move the following threads over here:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=48765
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=46977
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=48067
Scarymuffin of the Sage Ocean

Apollo wrote: 
Duh. Sorry, Scarymuffin ate my brain.

[Oct 19, 2006 10:45:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Yay! All those nights in the rain banging on your window for this forum finally pays off!

Please move the following threads over here:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=48765
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=46977
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=48067

Done. Just post any other links you have here and I'll move them over as I have the time!
[Oct 19, 2006 10:56:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ScaryMuffin

Can I propose the use of the following tags for easy browsing?

[Idea] For brainstorming and molding a simple idea
[Workshop] or [Polish] for events that are almost done but just seeking feedback.
[Discussion] For general talks about events
[Spoiler] or [Trailer] for people wanting to talk about an event that is ready to go soon (I'm thinking about this
[Template] for event templates :p

Anything else?

A few more posts I scrounged up...however I'm not too sure if the planners would want them moved:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=49053 (probably should be DJL'd instead)
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=49121
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=48115
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=48509 (done)
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=47494 (done)

EDIT: And thanks a bundle for listening to us Artemis :) Much <3

Apollo wrote: 

[Edit 2 times, last edit by ScaryMuffin at Oct 19, 2006 12:07:04 PM]
[Oct 19, 2006 11:07:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JD6627

Many thanks!
Kovy.
...stunned.
[Oct 19, 2006 11:50:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stripey2004

Shiny.
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Oct 19, 2006 2:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

[Spoiler] or [Trailer] for people wanting to talk about an event that is ready to go soon (I'm thinking about this

Since you used my post as an example of [Spoiler] I feel the need to explain why I did this and did it in the original Global Events forum.

This is a very large event. A lot of intense setup by the entrants. I wanted to give them some time in advance to get their maleable substances since some folks have to order them online or travel miles to a store that supplies them. Although, it turned into a [Teaser] for the event itself, I feel it would not belong in this particular forum as I was not asking for assistance or ironing things out for the event itself.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 19, 2006 5:28:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Thank ye, Artemis... it is indeed shiny:)
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Oct 19, 2006 5:35:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Oh! I thought of a tag!

[Rehash and Suggestions] Its always good to rehash an event postmortem to find out what went well and what didn't go well and offer suggestions on how to fix the parts that didn't go well.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 19, 2006 5:39:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ScaryMuffin

Since you used my post as an example of [Spoiler] I feel the need to explain why I did this and did it in the original Global Events forum.

This is a very large event. A lot of intense setup by the entrants. I wanted to give them some time in advance to get their maleable substances since some folks have to order them online or travel miles to a store that supplies them. Although, it turned into a [Teaser] for the event itself, I feel it would not belong in this particular forum as I was not asking for assistance or ironing things out for the event itself.

Yes! Teaser was the word I was looking for. And I agree...teasers may serve its purpose better either in here or in global events depending on the effect the OP wanted. Sorry to use you as an example.

Apollo wrote: 

[Oct 19, 2006 10:10:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Ooh, I like this forum. I should post up some of my dead ideas for perusal.
[Oct 20, 2006 11:40:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ScaryMuffin

As a side thought, perhaps this should be here too.

Apollo wrote: 

[Oct 20, 2006 12:23:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
canny206

lol this was exactly my idea of the thread that i posted "Event Ideas" :P
[Oct 20, 2006 5:38:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

If someone is looking for judges for an event, should they make a thread here now?

LilCandi~
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Oct 22, 2006 9:08:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

If someone is looking for judges for an event, should they make a thread here now?

LilCandi~

I'd say go for it.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 22, 2006 10:28:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

I'm going to suggest an additional [Info] tag for topics that are intended to be timeless and provide information in general, as opposed to being related to one specific event.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Oct 22, 2006 12:08:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Would it be useful to have an Ask Uncle Apollo thread for quick or general questions about events and event support? If so, I'm happy to create one and attempt to respond. It might end up saving email and PM time in the long run!
[Oct 22, 2006 12:33:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Would it be useful to have an Ask Uncle Apollo thread for quick or general questions about events and event support? If so, I'm happy to create one and attempt to respond. It might end up saving email and PM time in the long run!
It's an interesting idea, but there are quite a few of us who can answer that questions in that vein. (at the very least, we can cite precedent and give input) Maybe a general questions thread would work better?
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ponytailguy at Oct 22, 2006 12:49:43 PM]
[Oct 22, 2006 12:46:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

I think this is an excellent idea. There are times when I need a quick answer to a question only an OM can provide. Go ahead and start the thread and I'll be the first to post in it!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 22, 2006 1:26:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

I agree... This would be wonderfully helpful, Apollo! I am always coming up with questions only an OM could answer, and it usually seems like I shouldn't fill up the events@puzzlepirates.com queue with a bunch of piddly questions, so I mostly just go without answers.

I'll even post my current question: Which OM moderates this forum? I need to know who to beg to sticky the "Events in Planning Calendar" thread. Creating a calendar was one of our major goals for organizing event planning, but I am doubtful many people will use it if the thread is usually buried beneath a page or two of event ideas.

-- Fey
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Oct 22, 2006 5:31:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

I also would love to have an Ask Uncle Apollo thread. Um, I almost blush at the thought of calling you 'Uncle' though so thats not going to happen.

Edit: I dont think its weird or freaky >.> ok, kinda weird, but not for any reason I am willing to explain in public.
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shandra at Oct 23, 2006 1:14:32 AM]
[Oct 23, 2006 12:16:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

I need a better way of managing those, I've simply not had the time to do another update... >_<

I moved the tag guidelines up to my first post, is there anything else I should put up there?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Artemis at Oct 23, 2006 7:06:11 AM]
[Oct 23, 2006 6:57:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

I need a better way of managing those, I've simply not had the time to do another update... >_<

I moved the tag guidelines up to my first post, is there anything else I should put up there?

It could potentially be moved to the wiki where indexing by pirate name/ocean could be done under nominated/awarded sections or something like that. That way people could see if Xyz pirate had already been nominated for Abc event. Just depends on what your managing needs are.

- Guppy
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[Oct 23, 2006 9:04:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Horserider11

It is a race, cook island to descartes.
ye may ONLY use sloops and must pay 2k-9k for someone to work on sails on yer ship (depending on rank, able 2k dist.3k so on but ults are 9k no matter what) Whoever wins gets 100k (I hope OMs give me that money to give to the winner and 2nd place) and second place gets 40k. If anyone gets a headstart then they get nobody to work on their ship except them. There will be 1 person on every ship that watches (they will NOT be allowed to go on stations or the vessel that the ref was on will be disqualified) If ye get a worker then if ye win first or second ye MUST pay them 5k if ye got second and 10k if ye got first.
Those are the rules for it.
[Mar 8, 2007 9:28:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

It is a race, cook island to descartes.
ye may ONLY use sloops and must pay 2k-9k for someone to work on sails on yer ship (depending on rank, able 2k dist.3k so on but ults are 9k no matter what) Whoever wins gets 100k (I hope OMs give me that money to give to the winner and 2nd place) and second place gets 40k. If anyone gets a headstart then they get nobody to work on their ship except them. There will be 1 person on every ship that watches (they will NOT be allowed to go on stations or the vessel that the ref was on will be disqualified) If ye get a worker then if ye win first or second ye MUST pay them 5k if ye got second and 10k if ye got first.
Those are the rules for it.

Please read the Events HowTo thread in the Events forum. Thanks.
[Mar 8, 2007 10:48:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

Sorry to open up a dead thread but what if are event fits 2 catagories? Can we put [Help]and something else THEN the title?
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[Jul 19, 2007 11:23:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

It's entirely up to you. As you can see from the existing threads, people use a variety of tags to express what they want.
[Jul 19, 2007 12:47:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

Lol yea I saw that A lot of multiple tags, but not everything people do is what there suppost to.....would rather hear it from the horses mouth(no your not a real horse)hehe

P.s- thanks :)
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[Jul 20, 2007 8:27:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

[Treaser] for people wanting to talk about an event that is ready to go soon (I'm thinking about this

[Teaser]
<-- My avatar no longer reads: Everyone Wants to be a Pirate Even Avatarless Forumer

...soli Deo gloria...
[Feb 2, 2008 3:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates