• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4396 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
AlfMason

The Wedlock Deadlock ----- Cancelled!!!

Due to registration reaching less than half the numbers envisioned when planning the game, the event will sadly have to be cancelled. It can hopefully be held at a later date, with slightly modified rules.

We apologize to all those who might have kept the weekend free to participate and hope no one misses out on any fun activities due to that.

----------------------------------
----------------------------------

Right now, the number of registered participants is too low. It would be great if more could register.

Wedding bells are gonna chime, but it'll be hard to hear them over the din. When Eradicat and me tie the knot, Cupid is gonna be shooting with cannon balls.

In case there was any doubt - the event is non-sinking.

Time/Place: November 12th, 12:00pm game time at Eclipse (event island)

The Teams:
Attackers: 10 happy couples (including us) will be on the attacking side. They may bring up to 3 sloops for each couple, for most people in bigger crews, borrowing a sloop shouldn't be a problem. They also bring a crew for their ships and some stock. Clarification: The event does not include you being wedded. You should just be a couple.
Defenders: 15 defenders bent on stopping the romance will be needed, they should have access to 2 sloops each. Again, own crew, own stock.

The Game:
Modelled after the 3 stages of a relationship, it will have themes for the 3 rounds.

Round 1 - Courtship: Evasive Pussyfootin'
In the first round, our happy couples will have to evade. They have to try and take their first sloop from port to the oceanside safezone, past the defenders, without getting sunk. They themselves will not want to draw attention to the blossoming romance, so they are NOT allowed to shoot. Points will be scored for the least hits taken (Points: 10 minus hits taken).

Round 2 - Officialy Together: So in Love it's Offensive
In round 2, our couples will put the hurt on the defenders. Again, the goal is to take a sloop from port to oceanside without getting sunk. Because now the relationship is official, they will want to draw attention to it by putting the boomy on the defenders, the game-equivalent to public makeouts. Two war brigs on their side will help them with that, standing for the blind love and the resulting total disregard for decency that help these makeouts along. Points will be scored for hits dealt, extra points if ye can sink a defender. Hits dealt will even count if ye be sunk

Round 3 - Sailing into the Haven of Lurrve

Couples should now have up to two sloops sitting at oceanside. If they're both sunk, they will take their third sloop to defend. Every attacker sloop that makes it back to port will win a ticket in the drawing of the main prize. Should all sloops entering round 3 be sunk before they reach port, all ships entered into round 3 will count as 1 ticket. No points otherwise scored, no restrictions on shooting.

For the defenders the game will be way more boring. All they do is try and sink attackers. Points will be awarded for sinks, a point will be a ticket in the drawing of the defender main prize.
News: Defenders can come in teams, if you want to give your crew blockade nav practice with sloops, that's great. However, teams will be treated as one person where prizes are concerned, so you'll have to sort that out between you.

The Prizes:

Attacker Main Prize:
1 new and renamed Cutter, the Enamoured Mummichog, stocked at 50/150
Defender Main Prize: 1 new and renamed Cutter, The Meddlesome Eel, stocked at 50/150
Round Prizes:
Round 1: Nifty footwear for the couple that's best at running away, and a chain for the defender best at catching them.
Round 2: Boomy Boomy! Coupons for hundreds of cannonballs for best attackers and defenders. (should you win the round and the main prize, we might work out a custom paint job instead- no black/gold of course)
Round 3: No prize for attackers (this is where you win your shot at the cutter) and a surprise prize for the best defender.
Prizes for points scored:
Defenders get 2k for sinks in the first 2 rounds. As in round 3 all remaining attacker vessels will have to go down, round 3 sinks will only be worth 1k. 5k will be paid to those who sink a war brig.
For attackers prizes will have to be smaller, as there are way more points to be gotten. My accountant keeps shaking his head at me and tut-tuting as it is, so I'll just say 200 poe per point right now (with 100 and 150 possible points to be made by couples in the relevant rounds we have to play it safe; depending on the outcome there might be more)

Send me a Forum PM. State whether you want to attack or defend.
Attackers will have to register in couples, I need both your names, one PM is enough, though. For defenders it's of course just one name. You will be entered in order of messages recieved. Please make sure you can be there, if you apply.
I'll keep a waiting list in case people have to cancel their registration. Should you have to cancel suddenly within short time of the event, I would be good if you could provide a stand-in, should the waiting list fail.
Should you be unable to send a forum PM, try and find someone who can send it for you, giving a rough estimate of online times.I'll try to get to you in /tells to verify.

Party Crashing:
NOT encouraged

Getting There:
I'm currently trying to get all the charts needed to chart people from diamond and emerald archipelagoes to Eclipse. We might also set up a floating service in the week before the event.

The Tarting:
will go in this parley thread
----------------------------------------
Mullins on Midnight, Stinks on Ice

Have a problem with me in Game Design? Read this

I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.
[Edit 11 times, last edit by AlfMason at Nov 9, 2006 5:08:08 PM]
[Oct 8, 2006 3:14:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

Re: The Wedlock Deadlock, Nov 12th at Eclipse (registration open)

Erm, if the sloops are abandoned at the league point, empty, will they reset to port after half an hour?
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Oct 9, 2006 11:12:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Erm, if the sloops are abandoned at the league point, empty, will they reset to port after half an hour?
15-30, yes. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but the server only checks every 15 minutes as opposed to constantly monitoring. If it shows the boat as empty in two consecutive checks, it resets. So it can be anywhere from 15-30 minutes, depending on when it's checking.)
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ponytailguy at Oct 9, 2006 12:04:59 PM]
[Oct 9, 2006 12:04:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AlfMason

If the boats are reset to port, but not retired through excessive shooting, they can be entered portside, disengaged and re-entered from oceanside. So that shouldn't be a problem (I hope).

I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.
[Oct 9, 2006 5:52:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AlfMason

bumped, as there are news

[Oct 12, 2006 5:57:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eradicat

C'moooooon everybody! Help us celebrate!!

Eradicat - SO and Siren of the Crew Barnacle for Brains on Midnight, general brunt of all Brit jokes, and all round good kitty.
Orrrrrrrrrr...
EROTICAT - Sekrit Capitano ;)
[Oct 17, 2006 2:44:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sarah1hill@yahoo.co.uk    Ladygerkhin@aol.com [Link]  Go to top 
eradicat

Re: The Wedlock Deadlock, Nov 12th at Eclipse (registration open and other news)

C'mooooon!
REGISTER!
You know you want to!
Eradicat - SO and Siren of the Crew Barnacle for Brains on Midnight, general brunt of all Brit jokes, and all round good kitty.
Orrrrrrrrrr...
[Oct 18, 2006 3:07:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sarah1hill@yahoo.co.uk    Ladygerkhin@aol.com [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Re: The Wedlock Deadlock, Nov 12th at Eclipse (registration open and other news)

I hereby promise to shoot people at this event. Defend! Yes!

Edit: Don't double-post on forums where mean people lurk to yell at you. :)
Chrisspy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by c_squared01 at Oct 18, 2006 3:21:48 AM]
[Oct 18, 2006 3:21:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KaptainKitty

One little question, will anything change due to the new blockade stuff theyve added?

And I'm so excited for y'all! Nice graphic Eradicat :)
Coconaut on Cerulean and now Emerald
[Oct 22, 2006 3:58:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elizajean

Register me baby! RAWR!
Elizajean
...all up in your forums, lurking in your thread!

[Oct 30, 2006 12:26:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    elizajean001 [Link]  Go to top 
rajand

the tiem is so confusing ...
wat time is it in uk eradi?(pm or am)
[Oct 31, 2006 4:13:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eradicat

It'll commence at 8pm UK time...
:)
Orrrrrrrrrr...
[Nov 1, 2006 4:42:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sarah1hill@yahoo.co.uk    Ladygerkhin@aol.com [Link]  Go to top 
rajand

okie thanks :)
[Nov 2, 2006 7:33:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rajand

i think i can come :)

-- Chrissu
[Nov 4, 2006 4:53:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eradicat

Go register then!
:)
Orrrrrrrrrr...
[Nov 4, 2006 4:58:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sarah1hill@yahoo.co.uk    Ladygerkhin@aol.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates