• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 64
Posts: 64   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12533 times and has 63 replies Next Thread
BlackBeth

Trivia Trick or Treat - October 28

Do you miss the days of dressing up in shiny costumes and wandering the streets with your friends in a giggling mob, knocking on doors and collecting candy? Well, here's your chance to do it again, pirate-style! Of course, we don't have candy to give out, but there are plenty of other prize items available.

What's with the "Trivia" part, you ask? Well, surely you didn't expect to get something for nothing! You must correctly answer a trivia question in order to get your prize at each home you trick or treat at.

Are costumes required? Of course they are, but don't worry. You can get away with just dressing as a pirate. But be warned: one of the homes isn't asking trivia, it's actually the judging station for the Costume Contest. And I can promise you that a "pirate" costume won't win you anything there.

The Basics:
Event: Trivia Trick or Treat
Date: Saturday, October 28
Time: 6pm - 8pm PST
Where: Select Houses all over Midnight

How to play:
1. The list of trick or treat homes and the event rules will be listed in this thread and in the front room news of each participating home.
2. You may go to the homes in any order. To help you get started, there will be a whisk to one of the homes available from the Notice Board.
3. Please use ferries, etc. as much as possible to get to the homes. If you cannot get to a home w/o a whisk, send a tell to the listed contact that says, "invite me".
4. At each home, knock, and once inside, say, "trick or treat."
5. You will be asked a trivia question which you must answer correctly in order to win a treat. Questions may be asked via tell or house chat, depending on location. Please answer in the same way you are asked.
6. Proceed to another home on the list, and repeat!
7. You may only participate at each home one time. Anyone found taking a second try will be given one warning; a repeat offense will lead to being banned from the event.
8. You may be asked trivia about Halloween, pirates, or anything else. Each home has its own set of trivia questions.
9. The treats will vary with the difficulty of the trivia. Some homes are asking easy questions with small prizes such as bandanas; others are asking extremely tough trivia with prizes such as sloops or trinkets. Some houses have trivia and prizes that fall between these two categories.
10. One home will be judging the Trick or Treat Costume Contest. At that house, you will be invited to explain what you are dressed as. At the end of the event, prizes will be awarded for the most creative costumes.
11. Prizes will be given out on a "first come, first serve" basis. Each home has only a certain number of prizes to dispense, so don't be late.
12. Remember you are a guest in the home you are answering trivia at and behave accordingly. Things may get hectic or crowded if 15 people show up at once. Just be patient, and wait you turn. Hosts have the right to /plank participants from their home for spamming or other disruptive behavior.

List of Homes:
(Whisking contacts listed in parentheses)
Berryboo's Estate on Jorvik (Notice Board Whisk)
Calyx's Estate on Islay of Luthien (Adesh)
Feylind's Manor on Turtle (Feylind)
Yetidave's Manor on Turtle (Blynkin)
Taco's Row House on Winter Solstice (Taco)
Crierwy's Row House on Winter Solstice (Rbcka)
Maetar's Manor on Spring (Emmett)
Onelove's Manor on Spring (Onelove)
Carribean's Estate on Gaea (Esmereldee)
Pennsuedo's Villa on Guava (Urmom)
Shiskra's Villa on Delta (Donsmythe)
Lost and Crowned Palace on Park (Shellgames)
Jimminez's Row House on Hephaestus Forge (Ceylon)
Madmarymeade's Shack on Hephaestus Forge (Madmarymeade)
Shortyjack's Shack on Lagniappe (Shortyjack)
Bombasa's Cottage on Lagniappe (Annaleese)
Sigilwen's Estate on Namath (Alontiona)
Flutie's Bungalow on Zeta (Flutie)
Docryno's Villa on Winter Solstice (Francisgrace)

Prizes:
You think I'm going to tell you what is being given out where? Forget it! The surprise is half the fun. Okay, okay, I'll tell you what's up with prizes for the costume contest at least...

Costume Contest prizes:
*NEW* 1st place - Magic (black cat pet)
2nd place - Werewolf (dog pet)
3rd place - Ghost (white cat pet)
4th place - Witches cauldron and ingredients (lime dye barrel and jars furniture items)

Brought to you by:
This event is a group effort; many crews and flags have stepped up to sponsor one or more homes. And the list is still growing...
Bellacos Banditos
Dark Judgment
Dies Irae
Midnight Armada
Moonlighting
Raptus Regaliter
Seraph's Nightmare
Sultan's Sword
Vexallam Odiamus
Notorious Fandango
Tyr's Own
Keel Appeal
BOP
Midnight Birthday Bash (Taco)
Caper's Capers

Think it would be fun to sponsor a home?
It's not to late! If your crew or flag would be interested in running a home for this event, send me a PM, and we can discuss the details. Please keep in mind that the sponsors are providing their own house, prizes, and trivia questions :-) Deadline for accepting new home sponsors is October 15th.
----------------------------------------
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Edit 22 times, last edit by BlackBeth at Oct 28, 2006 11:28:03 AM]
[Oct 1, 2006 6:52:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
rbbarker

Re: Trivia Trick or Treat - October 28

This is fantastic! I'm sooo looking forward to it.
Baldo
now retired
[Oct 2, 2006 9:07:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jerze

Yay!! Sounds great.

But wait ........my time zone adds a whole new meaning to 'witching hour'.
Jerze
British Bandits' Ambassador - Midnight Ocean
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.

L Cohen 'Anthem'
[Oct 4, 2006 4:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ladynight410

sounds pretty cool. hope there aren't a lot of people on while it's going on. don't want to get lagged out/off five times in a row again
[Oct 5, 2006 9:16:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gavin_the_half_elven [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

sounds pretty cool. hope there aren't a lot of people on while it's going on. don't want to get lagged out/off five times in a row again

Lol. Personally, I hope there are a lot of people on. Passing out prizes isn't much fun if there is no one knocking at the door to collect them :-) Since there is no puzzling involved here, I don't think lag should be too large of an issue.

-- Fey
Feylind

[Oct 5, 2006 1:34:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
ladynight410

Lol. Personally, I hope there are a lot of people on. Passing out prizes isn't much fun if there is no one knocking at the door to collect them :-) Since there is no puzzling involved here, I don't think lag should be too large of an issue.

-- Fey
i guess, but i got dial-up so even if there are alot of folks on it can still lag without puzzles
[Oct 5, 2006 1:41:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gavin_the_half_elven [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Just a quick note:

If anyone has been thinking they might like to sponsor a home but hasn't contacted me, please do so in the next few days. I can provide you with more detailed information about the event to help you decide. I want all the sponsors to have ample time to make preparations for their homes, so I am making October 15th the deadline for accepting new home sponsors.

The response has been great so far; there are currently 18 homes planned for the event. And the creativity the sponsors are putting into their homes is awesome! Every home is going to unique, and I expect the sponsors and participants alike to have a blast! :-)

-- Fey
Feylind

[Oct 10, 2006 12:52:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
lebandit

Fey, this is absolute awesome! I'm torn between wanting to hop around and answer trivia and helping out with offering up a home!

— [Le]Bandit

"[LeBANDIT] THE MOST INFLUENTIAL AND ADMIRED PIRATE OF HIS GENERATION IN THE PIRATE-SPEAKING WORLD"
—CLAARRRRK KENT, The Daily Terra

[Oct 10, 2006 1:07:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Fey you might want to put something that says each house has a certain amount of prizes so you better get to them quick and answer them fast!

For instance, if I have 50 prizes and I get 54 people to come to my house will they be mad if I don't have prizes for those 4 people? I hope not I'll have to kick them. :P
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Oct 10, 2006 1:23:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
hihellobye

this sounds soo COOL
[Oct 10, 2006 2:02:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Lebandit wrote: 
Fey, this is absolute awesome! I'm torn between wanting to hop around and answer trivia and helping out with offering up a home!

? [Le]Bandit

Lebandit, Moonlighting has already agreed to sponsor a home. Talk to Flutie if you want to help run it. If there are enough volunteers, there is no reason you shouldn't take it in shifts so you can all go trick or treating as well :-)

Shortyjack wrote: 
Fey you might want to put something that says each house has a certain amount of prizes so you better get to them quick and answer them fast!

Good point. I will go back and add a "first come first serve" warning to the instructions. With 18 homes, it seems entirely possible that people may not get to all of them before some run out of prizes. This is just like RL trick or treating; when a house runs out of candy, they turn off the porch light,and stop answering the door. But there are still other houses to go to :-)
Feylind

[Oct 10, 2006 2:13:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Petcraz13

Ummmmmm Uhh Are you doing this at any other times....? =(
Im afraid i wont be on at 9 pm (EST) so that totally stinks...*sigh*
Hannah:Nice hoodie.
Jeremy: Thanks.I accidentally set my other one on fire.
Hannah: What??!! Are you trying to be Criss Angel now?!?
Jeremy:....Maybe
[Oct 10, 2006 3:06:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Grayfaerie30541@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
quickslvr

Blackbeth wrote: 
Good point. I will go back and add a "first come first serve" warning to the instructions. With 18 homes, it seems entirely possible that people may not get to all of them before some run out of prizes. This is just like RL trick or treating; when a house runs out of candy, they turn off the porch light,and stop answering the door. But there are still other houses to go to :-)

yeah, I think a "first come, first served" warning is better than saying this certain house has x prizes because that will lead to almost everyone going to the houses with the least prizes to get to them first..
[Edit 1 times, last edit by quickslvr at Oct 10, 2006 7:56:09 PM]
[Oct 10, 2006 7:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Well, I will consider the list of home sponsors finalized at this point. 18 homes to visit!

I still have openings for a few individuals to volunteers. If there is anyone out there interested in passing out prizes or judging the costume contest, please send me a PM or a /tell.

-- Fey
Feylind

[Oct 15, 2006 8:37:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
hiddenangel4

I would love to help out in some way if anyone needs it.
ARRRRRR Fairwinds to ye all,

Sassysalee
SO of Anachronism
Princess Of Wonka's POE Factory
[Oct 16, 2006 10:56:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shell4games

Hear Ye Hear Ye!!
shellgames
Captain * Angels in The Midst * Malachite
Misty Waters
[Oct 17, 2006 1:54:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://pottershands.com [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

<3 Shellgames

That's awesome!

-- Fey
Feylind

[Oct 17, 2006 8:10:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
mellyssa

Elyzabeth from Midnight Cerulean Ocean Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mellyssa at Oct 22, 2006 11:53:11 PM]
[Oct 22, 2006 1:47:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quickslvr

hey Fey, is the list of houses down to 11 or will you still be adding to the list? :)
[Oct 22, 2006 7:46:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

hey Fey, is the list of houses down to 11 or will you still be adding to the list? :)

The count is still at 18 houses :-) I haven't finished the list because I don't know what house some of the sponsors are using. I'll update as I get the information I'm missing.

-- Fey
Feylind

[Oct 22, 2006 8:17:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Taco's Row House on Winter
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Oct 22, 2006 8:57:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tibrid

cool ^.^ I hope I'm on to participate! I just have one question, what time would it for Eastern Pacific?(East coast of US) I'm not to sure, I think it's a 3 hour differnece but I might be wrong, anyone know?
Tibrid of the Cerulean Ocean (Formerly Midnight)
[Oct 24, 2006 3:27:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

You are correct, 9 - 11 pm on East coast
Taco - teh one and only

[Oct 24, 2006 4:56:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dawn_d_23

No fair will be to late for me i'm in UK
Dawn
[Oct 24, 2006 1:36:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    just_dawn_here [Link]  Go to top 
drgall

How do we get costumes for the Trick or Treat Trivia on Midnight?
[Oct 25, 2006 3:38:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Masks will be sold in the palace shoppe - as for the rest - whatever clothes ye see fit to wear. I recommend waiting to see what color you are.
Taco - teh one and only

[Oct 25, 2006 4:22:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

How do we get costumes for the Trick or Treat Trivia on Midnight?

Be creative... buy an outfit, or using clothing you already have. Come dressed as a historical figure, an object, whatever you like. With the huge variety of clothing and color options, its easy to find something to make a costume, whether you want to be Robin Hood or a nurse or a rainbow. You will get a chance to tell the judges what your costume is.

Edit: Sniped in my own thread by Taco :-) True, masks will probably be available by then in the palace shop, but are completely optional. You can design your costume with a mask or without.

-- Fey
Feylind

[Edit 1 times, last edit by BlackBeth at Oct 25, 2006 4:32:36 PM]
[Oct 25, 2006 4:31:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

UPDATE!

Thanks to the halloween release, I am pleased to announce that I've added a new 1st prize to the pool for the costume contest. Everyone, meet Magic!

Feylind

[Oct 25, 2006 8:03:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
xlsrules

yo fey, you forgot to toss my cottage on the list

Gowan's Cottage on Xi island, or i might hand out prizes at siggys villa too for different trivia
-Real Name is Gowan in real life and in Midnight Ocean (look at the Av)
-Gunner of Stolen Angels
-ALL HAIL GARY BROLSMA!!!!!!!!!
-Bigger Lime lover than Mordrid
[Oct 26, 2006 4:33:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tibrid

XD cool ^.^ I cant wait fer saturday! ill miss the last half hour though :/ well cant wait to go trick or treating XD *goes to find a costume*
Tibrid of the Cerulean Ocean (Formerly Midnight)
[Oct 26, 2006 6:48:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 64   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates