• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 58
Posts: 58   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14842 times and has 57 replies Next Thread
Shandra

Midnight Birthday Bash! Winners Announced!

Winners Posted! - click on that link!

Come one come all! Join the celebration!
This here party is to celebrate the 3rd birthday of Midnight Ocean (27th of October.) I have a nice selection of events for you, pick and choose as ye please - feel free to enter them all if ye wish. There be something for everyone!

Now some of ye might think these events kinda cheesy - but after a string of more 'intensive' events I wanted to host something fairly 'light' we can all have fun with.

The first event is Cake Decorating
What would a birthday party be without a cake? The rules be easy, bake a cake and decorate it. It needs to be both piratey and 'birthday' at the same time! Remember, this be Midnights 3rd birthday so decorate appropriately! Entry Thread

The second event is Piratey Party Games
We have all either had, been to, or seen parties with those cheesy little games kids play. Well, I want you to 'pirate' a game idea and show us some pictures of someone playing it! Example - Turn 'Pin the tail on the donkey' into 'Pin the pegleg on the pirate! - Make your game and take pictures of someone playing it (steal neighbor kids if you aren't bold enough to do it yourself!) And yes, you can steal that idea! (Dont freak out, its ok if some of yall come up with, steal, change, add to - the same ideas. - This is all in fun) Entry Thread

The third event is It's All About the Presents
Design your own piratey wrapping paper and wrap us up a fancy present. No, you don't have to wrap an actual gift, an empty box will do. What's important is that you created your wrapper and wrapped with it! Entry Thread

The forth event is Sing A Birthday Song
All entries here will 'pirate' the famous birthday song tune, however, the words need to be changed some! It must be piratey and it must be sung! That's right, sing your song. Post your lyrics along with the link to your entry. Feel free to use voice modification, have yer kids, yer neighbors kids, or anyone else crazy enough to do your singing for you. Entry Thread

The fifth event in our birthday party lineup is Party Poopers
This part here be for our many story tellers out there. What ye do here is make up a story about a birthday party gone wrong. It does need to be a pirate tale. Please limit your stories to no more than 250ish words. I won't freak out if you go 260 but you really need to try to stay at 250 or less. If your story can't be told in 250, best try to write a different one. Entry Thread

The sixth and final event is Birthday Cards
Break out the construction paper and glue sticks (or whatever else you would like to make a card out of) and make a birthday card for Midnight Ocean. I want these hand made and all artwork to be at least somewhat original. Entry Thread

I am not going to pound you guys to death on rules here. This event is designed to be fun - parties are supposed to be fun, I want you to have fun with your entries. Don't feel you have to be 'super talented' to win either. I will be giving out gobs of prizes! Let your creativity shine through!

Generalized Rules:
1. All entries need to maintain the Midnight birthday and pirate themes.
2. If you see that someone has posted the same general idea you are working on - dont freak out. Your entry will still be eligible for prizes.
3. Feel free to work together - prizes will generally go to the poster of any entry unless I feel the collaborative effort warrants prizes for each supporting individual (This will also depend to some extent on the available prize pool.)
4. Each event has a separate entry thread, please be sure to post to the proper one.
5. Anyone can enter this event but prizes will be awarded on Midnight Ocean only!
6. All entries need to be submitted by **time coming soon** on the 22nd of October.
7. Course, ye gotta take pictures of yer entries! How else would ye post them? Please only post one actual image of your entry, link any other photos ye might want to add.

Judging:
Judges will be looking to make sure entries meet the basic rules of being properly Midnight Birthday and piratey. Otherwise we will be looking for some level of originality, creativity, and general fun.

Seeking volunteers! You are more than welcome to volunteer for any of the specific events, or the whole batch. You are also free to enter any of the events you dont volunteer to judge for. Judging will take place between the 22nd and the 27th.

Tournaments!!!
Sword Fighting - Saturday, 7 October, 9am PDT - Prize pot - 100k and a sleeping critter! - Congrats goes to Trick for winning the tournament and the sleeping Tortoise.
Drinking - Saturday, 7 October, Immediately following the SF tourney - Prize pot - 100k and a sleeping critter! - Congrats goes to Deadlynick for winning the tournament and the sleeping Turtle and Chalice.
Rumble - Saturday, 28 October, 9am PDT - Prize pot - 100k and a sleeping critter! - Congrats to Carolgr for winning the tournament and sleeping Pig!
Treasure Drop - Saturday, 28 October, Immediately following the Rumble tourney - Prize pot - 100k and a sleeping critter!
I tried to set a time for these that would make it a bit easier for all pirates world wide to join, sorry if these times dont work for you! Thanks to Bia and Demeter for the sleeping critters!!
Taco booched! The 14th is already packed full of other fun events so I moved the 2 tournaments scheduled fer that day to the 28th. I would of done them on the 21st but I will be out of town.

Congrats to Captmonkey for winning the surprise SF tourney on the 16th!
Congrats to Nicestboy for winning the surprise TD tourney on the 16th!
Congrats to Jaxen for winning the surprise Rumble tourney on the 16th!
Congrats to whoever it is that won the surprise SF tourney on the 24th!

Special Bonus Event!! Feys Giftwrap Challenge - Check here for details - Linky!

Prizes: Currently 66 prizes.
As of right now my plan is to give prizes for the top 5 entries in each event - and some thematic prizes - (Example: Worst Entry with best effort - No, I wont be using this one.)

**OK, when it comes to prizes - if you cant play well with others, please dont enter this event. The prizes are a huge mixed bag from which all winners will have to pick and choose. Some of you will get exactly what ye want, some wont. Im asking you in advance to be good sports about the prizes. Generally, if you already have one of the listed prizes, try to be fair and select something else.

I dont have a complete prize list just yet so check back often to see what I have to offer. Lots of donations are coming in and I want to extend a huge thank you to those that have already donated and those that plan to. What I have so far:

Misc
100 rum and 100 medium shot (delivered anywhere in Jet) - Annaleese
One month gift subscription - Taco

Clothing
Wenches Wardrobe - Full of a variety of womens clothing items - articles donated by: Muffinqueen, Taco, Bootyfull, Annaleese
Mens Wardrobe - Full of a variety of mens clothing items - articles donated by: Taco, Fallen, Justcrazywhe, Bootyfull, Annaleese
*Most of the clothing items ARE sub only items.
Arrr! Beardyblair has donated a 5k certificate for his tailoring stall on Turtle Island!
Arrr! Annaleese has donated a 10k certificate to Jeans Lafite tailor on Lagniappe!

Decorator Packages
1 - 50k Decorators Dream Package
1 - 25k Decorators Dream Package
1 - 13k Decorators Dream Package
*If ye select a Decorators Dream Package, with me holding the wallet we will spend up to that amount decorating anything ye like. Be it yer boat, yer house, or yer shoppe. The funds will be spent on paint jobs, furniture and the like. The entire package does NOT need to be spent on one location.

Trinkets
Cleaver doll trinket
Cephalopod doll trinket
Arcturus doll trinket
Winter Ornament - Fallen
Sand Dollar - Taco
Orange Starfish - Edward
Parrot Feather
Lilies
Orchids
Daisy
Long stem rose
Mirror
Comb
Clam Shell
Nautilus Shell

Furniture
Skeleton in Shackles
Skeleton in Shackles
Skeleton in Shackles
Gibbet
Tombstone
Pile of bones
2 Skeleton chairs and a Skeleton Table (complete set)(red/red)
Little Chest - Taco
Box of small cannon balls - Libertyheart
Poker Table - Libertyheart (Went into a surprise tournament)
Small Chest - Boss
Sword Rack - Apatchebeard
Tall Fetish - Feylind
Poker Table - Feylind
Ship in a bottle - Jerze
Bludgeon Trunk - Cheshi
Bludgeon Trunk - Cheshi
Fancy Chest - Cheshi
Fancy Chest - Cheshi
Display Case - Cheshi
Display Case - Cheshi
Poker Table - Cheshi
Poker Table - Cheshi
Portrait Easel - Cheshi
Portrait Easel - Cheshi
Rumble Pit - Cheshi
Rumble Pit - Cheshi
Ship in a bottle - Cheshi
Ship in a bottle - Cheshi

Swords
Chocorose donated a new Black/Green foil
Ironchef donated good a Blue/Yellow Saber
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poe Donations: Currently totaling 139,381 (These are NOT direct prizes!!)
1316 - Boss
780 - Zangor
800 - Crazedfrogg
1k - Muffinqueen
10k - Doobie
3k - Yummyyumm
3k - Chocorose
5k - Laceymarie
6k - Bailes
8,485 - Mongappyton
50k - Jabez WOOT!!
50k - Tjjunior WOOT!!

Auction proceeds!! - Woot! The auction raised 1,307,400 PoE and 8 gold ore. The 8 gold ore will go straight to the prize pool.
Poe from auction AND straight poe donations totals 1,438,137!!! I have no idea how to spend almost 1 and a half million poe so yall are going to have to help me! Ima say 400k comes straight off the top for tournaments (1 sf, 1 drinking, 1 TD, and 1 rumble - with 100k pots each.) Sound off! What other prizes do yall want to see?

I do not plan on having any direct PoE prizes.

THIS LIST IS NOT COMPLETE! Nemo is supposed to be making us a NEW TRINKET for this as well! Rumor has it he is making us a Birthday cake trinket.

And YES! I will take donations till the very end!

Taco's Time Off. Yep, time off. This will be the last event I am going to host this year. Things are already starting to busy up for me with the coming holidays and I want to kick back, put my feet up, and enter some of the many other wonderful events our world has to offer. I will still be more than happy to assist others with events in a very behind the scenes fashion so if ye need some help, send me a holler!

PoE tabs:
-400k (for tournaments - times and dates listed above)
-137k (for the pets)
+800 (another donation)
-88k (Decorators Dream Packages)
+ 7844 (another donation)
- 80k (Sent over to Lordkalvan for the Beta Blast 3)
-12,230 (Chalice for drinking tourney)
-20k (Went into a surprise tournament)
-7k (bonus poker)
-74,485 (Spent on prizes for Feylinds Challenge)
-200k (Will be used to sponsor a Trivia Trick or Treat House)
- 4398 (Also spent on prizes for Feylinds Challenge)
+96,548 (Extra after purchases from Trick or Treat house)
-111,995 (Surprize sf tourney)
-52,000 (Surprize TD tourney)
-95,050 (Surprize Rumble tourney)
-100,000 (Surprise SF tourney)
-161,171 (Black cat and halloween furniture

***After all participants select their prizes - if there are left overs from this and/or the Trivia Trick or Treat House - all remaining items and poe will be held to support other events.
----------------------------------------
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Edit 126 times, last edit by Shandra at Nov 22, 2006 12:56:36 AM]
[Sep 25, 2006 4:21:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Re: Midnight Birthday Bash! [Event Teaser]

Add a prize of an avatar by Pogo. He'll do it. I'll make him. :D
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Sep 25, 2006 7:25:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Add a prize of an avatar by Pogo. He'll do it. I'll make him. :D
Doh! /me waits for the Pogo confirmation....
Taco - teh one and only

[Sep 25, 2006 7:32:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

I'll do it, but SJ owes me so hard.

(The reason being that I would have done it anyway with a heads up from Taco, but since SJ decided to sign me up without my knowledge...)
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Sep 25, 2006 7:57:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

(The reason being that I would have done it anyway with a heads up from Taco, but since SJ decided to sign me up without my knowledge...)
Pshaw, I just hadnt found ye yet.
Taco - teh one and only

[Sep 25, 2006 7:58:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

Tough to do when I haven't been on in days ;)
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Sep 25, 2006 8:01:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Tough to do when I haven't been on in days ;)

Well, then ye best start being on line when im wanting to find ye!
Taco - teh one and only

[Sep 25, 2006 8:41:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ladynight410

when is each event going to be or do you now yet
[Sep 28, 2006 7:22:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gavin_the_half_elven [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

when is each event going to be or do you now yet

I will be changing this thread to the official event thread on the 1st, all details and information will be included then.
Taco - teh one and only

[Sep 28, 2006 1:26:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Texas_Rose

This sounds like a blast Taco! I plan on entering in at least 1 of the contests, which is a big deal for me since I generally don't enter contests, lol.

<3 Taco
Juliah, Midnight Ocean.

Juliah says, "i feel like i know you well enough though. I'd feel safe coming to visit you."

Mossbros says, "lol thats silly, i'd leave you in a ditch"

[Oct 1, 2006 5:39:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
macaroonny

Re: Midnight Birthday Bash! [Full Event Post]

For the Sing a Birthday song event, does it have to be happy birthday to you etc... or can it be any birthday song, (Birthday cake polka, Birthday (Beatles), for he's a jolly good fellow)
Cocodude is officially dead, presumed missing. Feel free to search for him under other names on Sage though.

(I can't wrench my self away from this game!)
[Oct 1, 2006 9:32:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

For the Sing a Birthday song event, does it have to be happy birthday to you etc... or can it be any birthday song, (Birthday cake polka, Birthday (Beatles), for he's a jolly good fellow)
Hmm, lets say this, if its not the standard birthday song, just gimme a link to the one you are doing a parody of.
Taco - teh one and only

[Oct 1, 2006 11:42:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bottleinacan

how do ye make contests?
[Oct 1, 2006 7:38:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sivius

THIS LIST IS NOT COMPLETE! Nemo is supposed to be making us a NEW TRINKET for this as well! Rumor has it he is making us a Birthday cake trinket.

Bullcannon.
Sivius
Unretired, sort of.
[Oct 1, 2006 9:40:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HandcuffCrys

I had a Q concerning entry limits.
I know you're allowed to enter all five..
But, is there a 1 per Category limit?
[Oct 2, 2006 12:26:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

I know you're allowed to enter all six..

Hm, I dont see why there should be, enter all ye want.
Taco - teh one and only

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shandra at Oct 2, 2006 2:18:05 AM]
[Oct 2, 2006 2:17:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Re: Midnight Birthday Bash! -Tournaments posted!

**If no one has a problem with it, I would like to use 200k of the remaining 900k to sponsor one of the Trivia Trick or Treat houses. This would still keep every penny in a Midnight Event and help support another fabulous event.

Let me know! If ye want me to keep all the poe in this event, I will, if ye want me to sponsor a Trick or Treat house, let me know.
Taco - teh one and only

[Oct 3, 2006 5:18:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Taco the Wonderful wrote: 
**If no one has a problem with it, I would like to use 200k of the remaining 900k to sponsor one of the Trivia Trick or Treat houses. This would still keep every penny in a Midnight Event and help support another fabulous event.

Let me know! If ye want me to keep all the poe in this event, I will, if ye want me to sponsor a Trick or Treat house, let me know.

/me cheers Taco, then politely stays out of this discussion.

-- Fey
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Oct 3, 2006 6:23:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
nightorday

so much poe is going into this event as it is, i don't think we will miss 200k from that pile of poe you have. i say go for it woman.
Laceymarie of midnight

Eurydice says, "yar im i pirat"
Sychopirate says, "I'm eating nuts. Anyone else want some?"

[Oct 3, 2006 9:07:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AmbiiBambii

With the Birthday cake contest do you actually have to bake the cake and decorate it or is it like you can design it and just have the drawing of what it would look like?
Blueicing of Midnight
SO and Damsel of Skeletal Doom and Princess of Pride

(also Shnookims of Midnight :) )
[Oct 3, 2006 9:34:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

With the Birthday cake contest do you actually have to bake the cake and decorate it or is it like you can design it and just have the drawing of what it would look like?
Aye, cakes must be actually baked and decorated.
Taco - teh one and only

[Oct 3, 2006 10:22:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

ooo....good reason for me to pull some of my card making stamping stuff out. So I plan on making a card. other than that....I'd offer my judging ability.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Oct 3, 2006 11:56:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
proftracy

I know you're allowed to enter all six..

Hm, I dont see why there should be, enter all ye want.

SQUEEEEEALLL... Im so all over this.. In honor of the month and the event I am going to try and post ONE ENTRY PER DAY!!!....

(/me wonders nervously... can I do it.... probably not.. but will have fun trying!! LOL)
--francisgrace, glubber lubbers, Midnight

In loving memory of the Maroon Marauders, killed 10/07, RIP sweet crew...
[Oct 4, 2006 11:55:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Re: Midnight Birthday Bash! -Tournaments posted (Dates changed for Rumble and TD tournaments)

Congrats to Crazyjo for being the first to answer my random trivia question - this allowed her to select the type of local surprise tourney (rumble) which she won!
Taco - teh one and only

[Oct 6, 2006 7:16:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Re: Midnight Birthday Bash - Bonus Event!

Bonus event is posted. Check it out here.

-- Fey
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Oct 7, 2006 6:16:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Re: Midnight Birthday Bash!

12 more days mates! I will post the exact time the entry threads will be closed in another day or two.
Taco - teh one and only

[Oct 10, 2006 5:14:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
proftracy

Taco's Time Off. Yep, time off. This will be the last event I am going to host this year. Things are already starting to busy up for me with the coming holidays and I want to kick back, put my feet up, and enter some of the many other wonderful events our world has to offer. I will still be more than happy to assist others with events in a very behind the scenes fashion so if ye need some help, send me a holler!

/me is sad.. What on earth will I do with me free time then?....

[Oct 11, 2006 9:05:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

lol do the same thing Ima do, enter other events!
Taco - teh one and only

[Oct 11, 2006 9:23:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
proftracy

Yes, but no one does 'em quite like ye!...

/me bows to the event master...

[Oct 11, 2006 11:37:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Yes, but no one does 'em quite like ye!...

/me bows to the event master...
lol I certainly wouldnt qualify me as an event master, maybe just good at coming up with the kind you like to enter!
Taco - teh one and only

[Oct 11, 2006 6:39:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 58   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates