• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 328387 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
EastIndia

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

Trophies are given out for things you have no control over

Exactly. We have no control over getting incred, ult, buying the old salt 100 drinks none of that :)
----------------------------------------
-Oldbuddy on Hunter

Gothmog wrote:

And you can't stop me from posting. Neener neener neener.

[Jan 3, 2009 12:04:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
isaacely

There should be a trophy for sinking the Sloops and cutters in CI.
isaacely

Isaacely
Officer of Outlaw Thugz
on Viridian
[Jan 4, 2009 6:04:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BoggyBloo

I have read through the table of contents and although I found something close I did not find my exact idea...so here goes...

I would like to see trophies for individuals that create tourneys.
Would be nice to see it by the number of tourneys at a given pot amount.

Example:
10 tourneys with a 1000 poe pot
100 tourneys with a 1000 poe pot
500 etc etc....

10 tourneys with a 5000 poe pot
100 tourneys with a 5000 poe pot
500 etc etc...

I think this would encourage more people to put up tourneys as well as an encentive to add some poe to the tourneys used for advertising as well as getting rid of the "crap" items from Atlantis and CI.
Boggybloo - Cerulean
Blooregard everywhere else.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
- H.L. Mencken

[Jan 4, 2009 3:00:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mattmartin72

I have sunk over 700 green supply ships in flotillas, can I have a trophy please, kthnxby.
Napalm
Captain of Die Fish Die

Encaustic art Av by Skullcracker, click for more of Skullys work
[Jan 5, 2009 12:18:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ALF71BE

I have sunk over 700 green supply ships in flotillas, can I have a trophy please, kthnxby.

Didn't ye hear? There's one for sinking over 9000.
Thomas Aquinas, on playing Y!PP:

"All that I have played seems like straw to me."

[Jan 5, 2009 4:38:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Didn't ye hear? There's one for sinking over 9000.

...might need to reference that ;)
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Jan 9, 2009 10:46:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darom

How about a trophy for using 10 silver maneuvers in a blockade/flotilla/SMH.

And another for using 10 gold...

Then 25...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by darom at Jan 10, 2009 9:48:28 AM]
[Jan 10, 2009 9:47:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Satan666Hell

I don't know if this has been suggested but a "Disable Trophy" button would be nice so you don't have to display the trophies you don't want to. Or ones with no Title inserted don't get displayed in your pirate page Trophy Collection.
Look of Sage.

Drinking <3
[Jan 11, 2009 8:08:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

I don't know if this has been suggested but a "Disable Trophy" button would be nice so you don't have to display the trophies you don't want to. Or ones with no Title inserted don't get displayed in your pirate page Trophy Collection.

Hiding, opting out of, deleting or thrashing trophies has been suggested many times. It seriously should be considered by the Ringers.

[Jan 12, 2009 8:48:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
usalights

Hiding, opting out of, deleting or thrashing trophies has been suggested many times. It seriously should be considered by the Ringers.

Well don't check the box for that item - it won't show. With that being said, Zombie hands are getting outta control. Why not create a silver/diamond for 250 hands, a gold/diamond for 500, and a bejeweled for 750? As each is awared the regular hands are taken away, but that number would still count for the next highest level.
[Jan 12, 2009 11:48:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Well don't check the box for that item - it won't show.

Actually, they do so, the only difference is that they are in an un-named box.

With that being said, Zombie hands are getting outta control. Why not create a silver/diamond for 250 hands, a gold/diamond for 500, and a bejeweled for 750? As each is awared the regular hands are taken away, but that number would still count for the next highest level.

There has never been an incident where a trophy has been taken away. It is unlikely such a game mechanic will be created. Anyway, there isn't really a need for such large numbers. Very few people have won 100 zombie hands, let alone more.

[Jan 12, 2009 12:14:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ALF71BE

No I think he meant the trinket zombie hands should be taken away each time the next tier is reached.

And we don't know yet if there's a higher tier in the zombie/skellie/KB trophy lines.
Thomas Aquinas, on playing Y!PP:

"All that I have played seems like straw to me."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by ALF71BE at Jan 19, 2009 12:59:48 AM]
[Jan 14, 2009 2:22:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darom

I want one for having a vowel and a consonant in my name.
[Jan 17, 2009 8:47:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Apologies if another of the 1,000 posts already suggested this, but the competitions gave me the idea of a trophy for the highest score ever recorded in each puzzle at the time - a kind of 'world record' trophy, if you will.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jan 21, 2009 3:37:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darom

I wanna be able to hide trophies so I don't have to deal with those damn experience trophies.

I also want trophies for sinking ships in enemy flotillas

Sinking 1 ship
Sinking 10 ships
Sinking 100 ships
Sinking 1,000 ships

Sinking 1 grand frigate
Sinking 10 grand frigates
Sinking 100 grand frigates
[Jan 23, 2009 1:17:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BigRed25

I dunno if anyone has suggested these yet but:

First time beating an Ocean Master in a puzzle of some kind? Could be in different numbers too.

Beating a Brigand King for the first, tenth, and hundreth time?

Maybe a trophy for the number of ships you sank while Battle navigating in a Blockade? Five, Fifty, and Hundred?

I'll be back with more once I think of some =D
Meridian - Kantoko
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BigRed25 at Jan 23, 2009 1:56:39 PM]
[Jan 23, 2009 1:54:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mastertoday

Ok there is many trophy's based on 1 10 100 and sometimes uncountable like Skellie Hunter,Bone Head, and Zombie Hunter. Well my idea is For achieving vegas'es in piracy, Carousing , and Crafting puzzles. So for getting your first vegas in sf you would get a trophy with something to do with a vegas and and sf and so far on for every other puzzle has different design.

Im thinking trophy for:
first vegas in puzzle
10th vegas in puzzle
100th vegas in puzzle
Uncountable vegas in puzzle.
[Jan 31, 2009 5:59:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ecrvtbyn

There might be a trophy for people who has got full hearty list (250). This gonna be easy but fun LOL xD
Ecrvtbyn on the Viridian ocean.
[Feb 1, 2009 9:31:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.youtube.com/user/ecrvtbyn    ons_disorder34    Don't have    Nah, don't have [Link]  Go to top 
Dreilly

Apologies if this has already been suggested but a trophy for getting a Masterpiece in Blacksmithing would be pretty cool :)
Cem/Cemikila
[Feb 6, 2009 9:34:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zilenserz

Ok there is many trophy's based on 1 10 100 and sometimes uncountable like Skellie Hunter,Bone Head, and Zombie Hunter. Well my idea is For achieving vegas'es in piracy, Carousing , and Crafting puzzles. So for getting your first vegas in sf you would get a trophy with something to do with a vegas and and sf and so far on for every other puzzle has different design.

Im thinking trophy for:
first vegas in puzzle
10th vegas in puzzle
100th vegas in puzzle
Uncountable vegas in puzzle.

You'd have to change the number for blacksmithing though, I'm afraid. Especially on some of your first goes (when there is only 1,2 and 3 pieces) vegas can be achieved consecutively for many, many turns. Also, although Vegas means the difference between excellent and incredible (or incredible and top incredible on a full WB worth of ultimate sailers) for puzzles such as blacksmithing vegas means nothing.

Apologies if this has already been suggested but a trophy for getting a Masterpiece in Blacksmithing would be pretty cool :)

Aye, I would love that trophy, as masterpeice is an achievement, and I knowseveral Ultimate blacksmithers who havn't achieved it.
It is tricky in that you have to plan from the start of the light grey layer, wherad I can get 4-1 pieces left (the requirement generally for incred) without planning t'll the last few pieces.

I'd like to see a blacksmithing version of the crabs and canons, but with masterpieces.
This would show how good you are at blacksmithing, but also how much you play it to a masterpiece standard.
Silver could be 1 masterpiece, gold 50, jewelled 100, diamond 500.
I'd guess that 500 masterpieces would take as long as getting the diamond crab trophy, considering that players can play bilge for hours at a time without having to restart, and after a few stars crabs are coming fast and furious. Masterpiece would take aproximately 9 mins per time (i usually take between 4-6 mins with no planning, so 9 sound about right for a masterpiece).

I'd love a trophy for memorising the ocean! Some people choose not to waste money on portraits, and generally you can't tell that they've memmed the whole ocean unless their pirate page portrait (in game) shows them holding the globe.
The meming trophy would be good, as you could write as the header the date you memmed the ocean.
Zilenserz on Hunter,
Sailing round in circles sincle April '07.

Duckling flag officer chats, "What is this RL"

[Feb 12, 2009 11:42:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

A trophy for merchants or pirates who help them, i.e.:
A total score is made up by the number of leagues moved between 2 different islands and the volume and weight or value of commodities, excluding ship supplies. Each pirate on the vessel (must be set to trade run) gets a portion of the score depending on how consistantly they worked.
The required score for the trophy or follow up trophies should be high.
The trophy should symbolize exchange. F.e. a weight scale with wood and poe or wood and iron, with commodities getting more valuable every level of the trophy with gems as the final trophy.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kamuflaro at Feb 19, 2009 10:27:07 AM]
[Feb 19, 2009 10:26:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I want a trophy like hair of the dog that you only get by winning rumless fights
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Feb 24, 2009 4:52:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Preciousgem8

Agree! Great idea!!
With another trophy at 10 mps, another at 100!

cheers
Preciousruby
PS Awesome avy by the awesome Gamerfrk - Thanx gamer :):):):):):):)
[Feb 24, 2009 6:36:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DirtyJeff

I'd like to suggest an expert greeter trophy. The huge variability in greeter knowledge and indeed helpfulness is problematic. Some players find it silly to be on greeter chat because theres alot of spam and such. An OM awarded token for excellence in greetership should be available as an intensive.
Dirtyjeff on Sage

You are a moron. Seriously.
- Beebe
[Mar 4, 2009 11:27:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ReyShot

We should make trophies of amount of the treasure box that you get on Sea Monster Hunt , 1 for

1 Chest(bronze), 200 chests (Silver), 800 chests (Gold?)
1 Locker(Bronze), 200 lockers (Silver), 800 lockers (Gold?)
1 Treasure Box(Bronze), 200 Treasure Boxes(Silver), 800 Treasure Boxes(Gold?)

or something like that. :] (If its already suggested well my bad then :S)
Zef - Band of the Panthera
Hunter Ocean - Emerald Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ReyShot at Mar 17, 2009 1:57:23 PM]
[Mar 17, 2009 1:56:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread - Can you get Flowers? Yes, I can Reply to this Post

A lot of times when I go to job for a CI run they have to take my word I can get flower tokens. I have my ranking reports (sublime leg/GM). I have the overall token trophies (wooden stair). But there is nothing to show that I can target one particular token type at will.

May we please have a Flower Token Trophy of some kind? Something with a really HIGH number?

Thanks.
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
[Mar 18, 2009 6:15:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
Karnisov

I agree, I just got my first masterpiece after several months of doing blacksmith. Would be nice to have a trophy for blacksmithing masterpieces.
Karnisov
flinging poo on the forums because its more fun than playing your broken game
[Mar 22, 2009 7:43:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dolgan

Apologies if this has been said already, but how about a trophy for getting all the number 1 trophies in a category (piracy, carousing or crafting).

We already a nice trophy for getting all ult in that category, so another for all number 1's? Just a thought..

e.g. You get a number 1 carousing trophy if you get number 1 trophies in Treasure Drop, Drinking, Poker, Spades and Hearts.
Dolgan

Buying: lime dye!!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dolgan at Mar 23, 2009 8:30:35 AM]
[Mar 23, 2009 8:30:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kotetsu534

I'd like to suggest a sets of trophies for a certain level of standing, to go with the the sets of experience trophies. Perhaps one level at Master and another at Legendary? Either way, more acknowledgement of improvements in puzzling skill as opposed to amount of time spent playing the puzzle would be more in-line with what is supposed to be rewarded.
Nomura, SO of Innocent, Member of Crimson Tide, Midnight.
[Mar 26, 2009 10:53:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
brian_robert

Ohhhh, masterpiece trophies would be soo hard but so fun. I could also see more people blacksmithing cause of this.
[Mar 27, 2009 7:44:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates