• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 328442 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
Guppyzr

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread ***** GEM COLLECTING TROPHY ***** Reply to this Post

Well then as long as i have backing for its creation... I feel there might be a chance that it can be introduced into the game.... =)
so to be clear you feel like:
how about 500 or 1000 for the fourth?

To put it quite simply- no fourth trophy.
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Trophy
As shown in the link above there is no trophy for 1000 sinks or for 1000 krakens blood or 1000 monkey boat defeats. This is because it isn't physically possible. The same applies would apply to your trophy ideas. 1000 gems just isn't physically possible.
----------------------------------------
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Nov 26, 2008 10:17:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sylvia404

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

There should be a trophy for getting a royal flush in poker, since its so rare. It would be a trophy defiantely worth having.
Brittaney on Viridian
[Nov 26, 2008 10:40:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Redflytrap

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread ***** GEM COLLECTING TROPHY ***** Reply to this Post

Well then as long as i have backing for its creation... I feel there might be a chance that it can be introduced into the game.... =)
so to be clear you feel like:
how about 500 or 1000 for the fourth?

To put it quite simply- no fourth trophy.
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Trophy
As shown in the link above there is no trophy for 1000 sinks or for 1000 krakens blood or 1000 monkey boat defeats. This is because it isn't physically possible. The same applies would apply to your trophy ideas. 1000 gems just isn't physically possible.

What about the fag trophy after the "old glory trophy"
Its more than 10,000* boueys in a blockade =P
[Nov 26, 2008 2:01:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

There should be a trophy for getting a royal flush in poker, since its so rare. It would be a trophy defiantely worth having.

I wouldn't agree. I've always been against luck and for skill in YPP. Getting a royal flush is rare but is purely luck, which is a bad basis for a game of this complexity.

What about the fag trophy after the "old glory trophy"
Its more than 10,000* boueys in a blockade =P

Actually, we have no idea what the exact requirememnts are for that trophy. We can't say it is 10000.

Also the first trophy is awarded on 100 instead of the (for example) the first monkey boat trophy awarded at 1.

1-10-100
100-500-2000

Seriously, 1000 gems is not realistic.

[Nov 27, 2008 11:09:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
flipman2

I dont know if this has been posted yet but i think that there should be more trophies for foraging.I was thinking that there was only 6 trophies for foraging and 4 of them most people cant get(I.E incred, ultimate, sublime, and of course #1 forager.) I think that well you could do something like the gunning and crab trophies. You could do like a sliver little basket and to get it you would need to clear 100 baskets total. Then a golden medium basket, 1000 baskets cleared total. A bejewled treasure box filled with gems,5000 baskets cleared total. Finally, a diamond treasure box filled with gold, 8000 baskets cleared total. You could change the totals, i just think it would be a good idea because i hear alot of people complaining about it. :) thanks.

/emote skips to atlantis!

Vexlin of the Hunter ocean
Officer of the crew Inner strength
Thursday, November 27, 2008
<><~<><~<><~<><~<><~<><~<><~<><~<>< ~
Vexlin of ze Hunter Ocean
/shout IM NOT A KITTEN LICKER!!!
[Nov 29, 2008 1:42:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sylvia404

MP 20 in carpentry, i think deserves a trophy.
Brittaney on Viridian
[Nov 30, 2008 7:48:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YozziePie

a throphy if the ship manages not to get a single zomb on board in ci !
Yoz
Grace O' Malley
Emerald

Stvns shouts, "bone them!!! homos last"
Kaden tells ye, "They're Homus gosh :P"

Awesome avvie by drinkthes
[Dec 4, 2008 9:01:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Also keep in mind that quite often gems are obtained with more than 50 each....
Look up gem-running

Gem runners usually don't forage for them, but buy them at one island, and run them to another island, where they can sell them.

So you can't really count those in the tally for trophies.
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Dec 4, 2008 9:43:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
tommograves

Maybe a silly idea, but how about trophies for chests in Atlantis and the things foraged in CI?

Kind of like the cannon trophies, silver, golden and bejewled...

Would be interesting to see a bejewled treasure box.
Timbersea
Lord of Imperial Coalition
[Dec 4, 2008 2:42:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grossman8

trophie for bingos in sailing and bilging

the trophies would go

1-50-200
Santanamoss- Hunter ocean
[Dec 7, 2008 8:28:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

trophie for bingos in sailing and bilging

the trophies would go

1-50-200

Just sailing and bilging?

[Dec 8, 2008 9:11:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Please allow us to opt out of displaying trophies on our info page.

A way to trash them would be good, too.

while I'm not in favor of trashing them, I can agree with having a switch / special category that allows you to "not make visible" specific trophies that you put into a "not visible" category.

Bumping this idea up.

One 'Hidden' box for people to place trophies they don't want displayed, please.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Dec 8, 2008 6:28:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
frostyangelz

Okay. So I have an idea for a new trophy but I'm not sure that there would be very many people who would back this idea up but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I think that a trophy for 100 single portraits would be a really good idea.
Frostyangelz - Everywhere
Frostease - In other places
[Dec 8, 2008 7:39:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Moved over from the "Birthday Trophies" thread, re Order of the Jolly Roger:

One more thing about the trophies - and this should probably go in trophy suggestions, I know:

They don't order numerically. They order alphabetically. So if I had all 5, and placed them on my pirate page, they order fifth, first, fourth, second, third.

I don't think I have OCD, but to me that looks weird. I'm hoping a tweak to the filenames would be all it would take to get them to order either 5-1 or 1-5.

Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jezzebel at Dec 9, 2008 7:41:06 AM]
[Dec 9, 2008 7:40:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

One more thing about the trophies - and this should probably go in trophy suggestions, I know:

They don't order numerically. They order alphabetically. So if I had all 5, and placed them on my pirate page, they order fifth, first, fourth, second, third.

I don't think I have OCD, but to me that looks weird. I'm hoping a tweak to the filenames would be all it would take to get them to order either 5-1 or 1-5.

Aye, just rename them 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th and they'll order up correctly. That dyslexic format bugs me too. :/
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Dec 10, 2008 11:50:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Aye, just rename them 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th and they'll order up correctly. That dyslexic format bugs me too. :/

We don't know if it possible for OOO to rename them in that way. No trophy has ever contained numbers before. If they can't add numbers then renaming would require a change in the game's coding- which could take a while.

[Dec 12, 2008 10:31:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colavis

We don't know if it possible for OOO to rename them in that way. No trophy has ever contained numbers before. If they can't add numbers then renaming would require a change in the game's coding- which could take a while.

No trophy ever having a number in it doesn't mean they can't. And the #1 trophies have a symbol and a number. So it's certainly not a hard thing to do, I guess. I'm no expert on computers and programming so I can't be sure about that.
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
~M.K. Gandhi~
[Dec 12, 2008 6:34:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

No trophy ever having a number in it doesn't mean they can't. And the #1 trophies have a symbol and a number. So it's certainly not a hard thing to do, I guess. I'm no expert on computers and programming so I can't be sure about that.

I didn't actually say it was impossible, I said we don't know if it's possible because it hasn't happened before- but yes, I did get that wrong. The #1 trophies actually do contain numbers so it shouldn't be too hard.

[Dec 13, 2008 5:18:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Contuse

*X number of chests hauled in Atlantis.
    *X number of chests foraged in Cursed Isles.
    *X number of items thrown overboard in the gunnery puzzle.
    *X number of times booched in the navigation puzzle.
    *X number of times wasted in the carpentry puzzle.
    *X number of times booched in the sailing puzzle.
    *X number of times booched in the bilge puzzle.
    *Losing 1000K in one hand in poker.
    *Fabulous pirate, a trophy awarded to players from Ocean Masters, just alike Ocean Master dolls.
    *1000 times sunk aboard a vessel.
    *Sinking X number of Brigand King vessels in flotilla, blockades. Maybe trophies for BK separate vessels size, Small, medium, large, grand.
    *Beating a Brigand King X number of times in sea battle, and awarded for first win.
    *Beating Atlantean boarders for X number of times ( Because one doesn't seem enough )
    *Winning a puzzle competition, 1st, 2nd, 3rd places.
    * Battle navigation trophy for firing 1000 cannons, and even more.
    *Battle navigation in Atlantis and/or Cursed Isles, X amount of minutes.
    *X number of pets bought from the Palace shoppe.
    *X number of times booted from Skellie, Zombie frays.
    *X number of trinkets bought from the Palace shoppe.
    *X number of gifts wrapped at the Palace Shoppe
    *X number of greeter pillages hosted.
    *X number of tournaments won.
    *X amount of PoE spent at the palace shoppe.
    *X amount of PoE spent at a Tailors, furnishes, apothecary, shipwright, iron mongers, distilleries, weavers.
    *X amount of PoE profit made at a Shoppe/stall, must be owner.
    *X amount of doubloons sold. VIA bank or doubloon marketing.
    *Pirates who were greeters AFTER the release 2006-10-17.

Contuse on the Hunter Ocean

I hit ultimate privacy last night, but then someone stormed into my room today, and I fell to legendary privacy :(

[Edit 18 times, last edit by Contuse at Dec 13, 2008 8:52:15 PM]
[Dec 13, 2008 8:32:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colavis

Some of these ideas I like, but some are really... odd.

Do you really want to encourage pirates to booch?

Not many pirates have the Soggy Boot, which is for 100 sinks. 1000 sinks might be far away for even the most experienced pirates. Maybe a little later this could be implemented.

This just depends on how rich you are, so I don't think it's a good trophy.

The rest of the ideas I do like.
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

~M.K. Gandhi~
[Dec 13, 2008 8:50:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Contuse

Moved to next page. Watch this post to be edited with new ideas. New ideas will be posted in red .

*X number of chests hauled in Atlantis.
    *X number of chests foraged in Cursed Isles.
    *Losing 1000K in one hand in poker.
    *Fabulous pirate, a trophy awarded to players from Ocean Masters, just alike Ocean Master dolls.
    *Sinking X number of Brigand King vessels in flotilla, blockades. Maybe trophies for BK separate vessels size, Small, medium, large, grand.
    *Beating a Brigand King X number of times in sea battle, and awarded for first win.
    *Beating Atlantean boarders for X number of times ( Because one doesn't seem enough )
    *Winning a puzzle competition, 1st, 2nd, 3rd places.
    * Battle navigation trophy for firing 1000 cannons, and even more.
    *Battle navigation in Atlantis and/or Cursed Isles, X amount of minutes.
    *X number of times booted from Skellie, Zombie frays.
    *X number of greeter pillages hosted.
    *X number of tournaments won.
    *X amount of PoE spent at the palace shoppe.
    *X amount of PoE spent at a Tailors, furnishes, apothecary, shipwright, iron mongers, distilleries, weavers.
    *X amount of PoE profit made at a Shoppe/stall, must be owner.
    *X amount of doubloons sold. VIA bank or doubloon marketing.
    *Pirates who were greeters AFTER the release 2006-10-17.
    *X number of years of your account, this could be easier to verify alternate pirates.
    *X number of years being working at Three rings OOO, only awarded to Ocean masters. ( Not awarded on their pirates, for privacy.)Ocean masters need lub too!

Contuse on the Hunter Ocean

I hit ultimate privacy last night, but then someone stormed into my room today, and I fell to legendary privacy :(

[Edit 4 times, last edit by Contuse at Dec 13, 2008 9:06:07 PM]
[Dec 13, 2008 8:54:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inannamute

x Number of times you've had a thrall of your very own - Could be called the "Enthralling" trophy, or "Enthraller".. Or possibly something less cheesy like "Voodoo Master"
Inanna, Sage
Captain of Dulce et Decorum est
Nannatars

Current Avatar by Pokeme
[Dec 18, 2008 12:33:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colavis

x Number of times you've had a thrall of your very own - Could be called the "Enthralling" trophy, or "Enthraller".. Or possibly something less cheesy like "Voodoo Master"
But... isn't the assigning of thralls random? Let's say your ship gets one thrall, then it becomes a random person's thrall right?

I'm not 100% sure about this, but that's what I noticed from my CI runs -.-

Anyways, if it IS random, than it shouldn't really be a trophy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

~M.K. Gandhi~
[Dec 18, 2008 12:06:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inannamute

The order you get them is random, but if you get a full ship of thralls, you'll get one named for every person aboard.
Inanna, Sage
Captain of Dulce et Decorum est
Nannatars

Current Avatar by Pokeme
[Dec 18, 2008 10:34:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catzookie

As a fairly peaceful shopkeeper I would like to see my efforts rewarded by some sort of stall related trophy as this side of the game is sadly neglected.

Perhaps:

active stall for a year

500K turnover

10 employees over a month

job loyalty - work at someone's stall for 6 months (errr not yer own)

As a clothes obsessive I think the shopping aspect should be rewarded too (all the girls cheer).

Perhaps:

100 outfits (and similar/equivalent for other stalls)

10 pets

And of course I do dream that one day you will produce an ultimate trophy for shopping ... criteria to be decided.

Catzookie of the OTCz on Cobalt
Catzookie of Cobalt / Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by catzookie at Dec 19, 2008 2:23:37 AM]
[Dec 19, 2008 2:20:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EastIndia

How about getting a trophy for a certiain amount of trophies?
ex.
20 Trophies: ???
50 Trophies: ???
100 Tropies: TEH L33T PWNZ0l4
-Oldbuddy on Hunter

Gothmog wrote:

And you can't stop me from posting. Neener neener neener.

[Dec 20, 2008 12:59:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

How about getting a trophy for a certiain amount of trophies?
ex.
20 Trophies: ???
50 Trophies: ???
100 Tropies: TEH L33T PWNZ0l4

Getting a trophy for getting trophies...

Kind of illogical if you ask me.

[Dec 23, 2008 3:47:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alondza

I don't know if anyone has proposed this:
A globe trophy for those who have memorized the whole ocean.
Alondza, Hunter Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Alondza at Dec 29, 2008 12:54:25 AM]
[Dec 29, 2008 12:52:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colavis

Well... you can still show the globe in a portrait.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

~M.K. Gandhi~
[Dec 29, 2008 9:31:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Billigan

Well... you can still show the globe in a portrait.

This has come up several times in this thread. And while the portrait items are nice, memming the entire ocean is quite a feat and I believe that a trophy is warrented.

Trophies are given out for things you have no control over (like first sink) but memming takes real effort.

Oh great and powerful Designers, please reconsider ocean memming trophies!

Trophies give pirates incentive!
Billigan Of Sage Ocean
Senior Officer..Errr Captain.... Ummm Senior Officer Of Cry Havoc.

Tropicalgal's (former) Pet Prince of Dominant Storm.
[Jan 1, 2009 6:09:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates