• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 345507 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
UreMama

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

dont like that idea considering how i can jump from able to master then master to leg in th. Also that would just clutter peoples pages.
----------------------------------------
Kory on all oceans, but specifically Viridian
[Sep 20, 2008 3:19:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MubblyMan

Runnnning 1000 pillys?
[Sep 24, 2008 12:41:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Johng2

Runnnning 1000 pillys?

The computer doesn't know that you're running the pillys, it just knows that an officer in your crew is running the pilly.
1001 Ways To Annoy People in Walmart!

If you clicked on that, send me a PM.

Johng @ Sage
[Sep 24, 2008 12:45:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/frankandelvisrock/ [Link]  Go to top 
Beow123

The idea of a trophy for every broad,solid, etc. you get in a puzzle is a little proposterous to me...anyone else?
Beow on Viridian Ocean
[Sep 27, 2008 6:30:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colavis

The idea of a trophy for every broad,solid, etc. you get in a puzzle is a little proposterous to me...anyone else?

You spelled "proposterous" wrong :P
It's "preposterous"..

Also, the trophies aren't for every experience level. They are only for Broad, Expert, and Sublime.

I still agree with the fact that they're pointless. I can understand Expert and Sublime, but Broad is completely useless. They just take up space in the trophy page xD
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
~M.K. Gandhi~
[Sep 27, 2008 2:33:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Johng2

Greenies think they're important when they the broads though. It gives them happiness. And no offense, but who uses preposterous? It's like something they used in the 1800's.

Johng @ Sage
[Sep 27, 2008 3:59:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/frankandelvisrock/ [Link]  Go to top 
Beow123

haha sorry about that:p
felt I needed to throw in a fun word to make my point:p
and I geuss your right about motivating greenies...but still
Beow on Viridian Ocean
[Sep 27, 2008 9:03:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

I still agree with the fact that they're pointless. I can understand Expert and Sublime, but Broad is completely useless. They just take up space in the trophy page xD

If the broad motivates greenies what is the expert and sublime needed for. I don't understand their use.
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Sep 28, 2008 2:48:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Johng2

Expert and sublime is used to motivate older people.

Johng @ Sage
[Sep 28, 2008 5:41:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/frankandelvisrock/ [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

How about a trophy for sinking a ship with an OM on board, possibly different tropies for the navver and everyone else on board. With different levels for 1st OM sink (dripping God), 10th sink (Soaking God) and 100th Sink (Wrath of God)
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Oct 5, 2008 10:31:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runescapedie

How about a trophy for sinking a ship with an OM on board, possibly different tropies for the navver and everyone else on board. With different levels for 1st OM sink (dripping God), 10th sink (Soaking God) and 100th Sink (Wrath of God)

Will people ever get Wrath of God?
One without boat smarts
[Oct 5, 2008 2:53:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Johng2

I think (I'm not sure) that finding a ship with an OM on it is even rarer than finding Kraken's Blood.

Also a funny note: They think I spelled Kraken's wrong and that it should be Krakatau's.

Johng @ Sage
[Oct 5, 2008 3:25:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/frankandelvisrock/ [Link]  Go to top 
Colavis

Also my question.

It'd be very rare to sink a ship with an OM in it. I'm not saying it's impossible to do. There are pictures/videos of it, but it's still going to be rare.

First, you have to be at war with someone to sink a ship, and serious war declarations with serious sinking pillages don't happen often.

Second, it's rare that an OM goes on a ship. Of course, sometimes they do. I've been on a SMH with Hera xD, but it's still not very often, and a chance that an OM will be on a ship hunting for another flag's ships is pretty slim.

I guess 1 OM sink is reasonable and it'd be a fun trophy, but 100? Probably not going to happen.
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

~M.K. Gandhi~
[Oct 5, 2008 5:01:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elusivedream

I'd like to suggest tweaking the requirements on recieving the battered hat trophy. Mustering a "Fine" at the very least.

As it stands it's only based on time spent on 3 stations but to my amazement I found out this weekend that you can booch all those stations for the required time and still recieve the trophy =/

P.S.
I wasn't the boocher!!
Dreamweaver- - CoBLATian forever!
"Who'll make his mark", the captain cried.
"To the devil drink a toast.
We'll glut the hold with cups of gold
And we'll feed the sea with ghosts
[Edit 1 times, last edit by elusivedream at Oct 5, 2008 10:54:41 PM]
[Oct 5, 2008 10:52:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Yeah wrath of God is somewhat unlikely I admit that but I am sure there are people that have 10 sinks, I personnally have 2 that I know of. A common way to sink an OM is in OM events such as this one. I would guess that OM sinks are at least as common as coloured familiars being won (maybe as common as tan) but with everyone on board getting the trophy Soaking God would be more common than people who have won 10 familiars. To make it a little more common "psuedo sinks" in non-sinking flotillas and and blockades could be included, though sinking a ship with 5 OMs on board should only class as a single sink.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Oct 6, 2008 9:34:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

A certain amount of rum consumed. It is at least somewhat indicative of total time spent on ships.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Oct 8, 2008 10:13:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
LubJenneh

I'm sure this has been suggested, and I know Faulkston will yell at me for this, but I feel like Carpentry has no respect. Why not trophies for certain amounts of masterpieces?
Verlool
[Oct 9, 2008 5:43:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vasthaloed

Trophies for PvP wins (bnaving PvP at sea)

For example:

100 PvP wins- PvP King (a picture of a ship firing guns at another ship)

10 PvP wins- PvP Rookie (a picture of a little sloop)

Something concerning the PvP ship wins would be cool.

Note: The person who gets the trophies has to of: Bnaved that PvP win + won the sword fight
Swashybeard on the Emerald Ocean - formerly Swashbearder
[Oct 9, 2008 8:46:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whedonella

Trophies for PvP wins (bnaving PvP at sea)

For example:

100 PvP wins- PvP King (a picture of a ship firing guns at another ship)

10 PvP wins- PvP Rookie (a picture of a little sloop)

Something concerning the PvP ship wins would be cool.

Note: The person who gets the trophies has to of: Bnaved that PvP win + won the sword fight

There have been various suggestions for PvP trophies, so just adding my voice to the throng. I am partially inspired by Mullin's GD philosophy thread in thinking that more incentive for PvP would be a good thing, and to some extent trophies would help accomplish that goal. It doesn't bring evil to the high seas, but maybe if PvP were more common it would be seen less as jerkitude/evil and more as a fun aspect of the game.

I'd make the trophies available to everyone on board, otherwise jobbers will rightfully feel resentful - as it is I believe many jobbers feel PvP is an unnecessary risk of their booty, while bnavvers may have more attraction to an interesting non-AI play experience - giving bnavvers more incentive without giving any to the crew would, I believe, be unwise.

I suggest one trophy that is simply for taking part win or lose, with subsequent trophies for first win, 10 wins, 50, etc . . . Maybe one for the bnavver only if they win without being hit once - I'm not totally against bnav only trophies, i just think it's important that there be some for everyone involved.
Whedonella, Pirate of the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer of Piracy by Design
Princess of Pandora's Box
[Oct 12, 2008 10:00:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captontiger

Instead of trophys you could give out certificates
[Oct 15, 2008 11:11:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Johng2

Instead of trophys you could give out certificates

They're probably going to be making a certificate that is a trophy soon.

Johng @ Sage
[Oct 16, 2008 2:18:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/frankandelvisrock/ [Link]  Go to top 
Yoccm

Flotilla Trophies, since they need them. Reply to this Post

I propose there be 'Flotilla Sink' trophies.

Sink 10 green ships

Sink 10 Red ships

100 Green

100 Red

13678 Green

8933428 Red

I would give names for such trophies but...nothing cheesy comes to mind :p

ps. why not have the Bking or queen actually on one of the ships and if by guessing which one and sinking it you get a trophy.
Every once in a blue moon, the moon turns blue.
[Oct 17, 2008 8:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Johng2

Re: Flotilla Trophies, since they need them. Reply to this Post

13678 Green

8933428 Red

Random numbers?

Johng @ Sage
[Oct 18, 2008 8:06:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/frankandelvisrock/ [Link]  Go to top 
Yoccm

13678 Green

8933428 Red

Random numbers?

Was merely aiming for 3 stages, but they could be random numbers.... (wonder how that would play out, like the jinxed idol?)
[Oct 18, 2008 10:00:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Johng2

13678 Green

8933428 Red

Random numbers?

Was merely aiming for 3 stages, but they could be random numbers.... (wonder how that would play out, like the jinxed idol?)

No, I mean like where'd you pull those numbers out of?

Johng @ Sage
[Oct 19, 2008 5:40:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/frankandelvisrock/ [Link]  Go to top 
Colavis

13678 Green

8933428 Red

Random numbers?

No, I mean like where'd you pull those numbers out of?

Those numbers are just random numbers he came up with. (I think.) He wants to have it as 3 stages.

For example,
Bronze Triketos- 5 sunk Triketoses
Silver Triketos- 200 sunk
Gold Triketos- ??? sunk

It's just like the third stage of the Triketos trophies. The third one no one knows the exact number for. Like Victory Banner, other Atlantis trophies, 3rd Maneuver trophies etc...

At least this is how I understood his posts.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

~M.K. Gandhi~
[Oct 19, 2008 12:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yoccm

^ Quite Yes ^

I just came up with the #'s on the spot, (although, they could be the 3rd stage numbers for everything o,o)

Kinda in the dark here, but the 'tool-manuver trophies' are random numbers set?
Stage 1= the stations name (sails, bilge, carp)
Stage 2= the element it uses (wind, water, wood)
Stage 3= the object it uses (pump, hammer, what-ever that thingy is called)

[Oct 19, 2008 1:53:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

I love that with the halloween happenings we finally have pillaging trophies abeit temporary. I have notice a definate increase in the number of pillages running and of the jobbers on board.

I would like to see a more permanent form of trophy for pillaging.

Heres my idea:

award trophies based on the number and type of ship BEATEN. The trophy shape should be that of the ship type, eg the sloop trophies look like mini sloops, longship trophies like mini longships, etc.

There should be four stages of each trophy.
Bronze - 1 win
Silver - 50 wins
Gold - 200 wins
Diamond - 1000 wins
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[Oct 23, 2008 5:32:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Johng2

So you're saying if you beat 1 sloop, you get a bronze sloop trophy but if you beat a dhow, you'd get a bronze dhow?

I don't know. But if that is the case, then that's wwwaaayyy too many trophies to be added.

Johng @ Sage
[Oct 23, 2008 12:21:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/frankandelvisrock/ [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

So you're saying if you beat 1 sloop, you get a bronze sloop trophy but if you beat a dhow, you'd get a bronze dhow?

I don't know. But if that is the case, then that's wwwaaayyy too many trophies to be added.

thats correct.

Bear in mind that unlike experience trophies which most people have at least 26 of, there are less options, the higher ones will take more work to get (as they are not based on your current expereince) and actually show something which isn't in the normal stats page.

Plus it will lead to more pillaging as people will try to get the trophies
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[Oct 23, 2008 2:46:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates