• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 337873 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
Zyborg22

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

I'd like to see better trophies for receiving 10 skeleton heads, 50 skeleton heads, and 250 skeleton heads.

Personally, I like this idea. I'm not sure about those exact numbers, but this gives a reason to continue skellie hunting even after you've already gotten a skull. I would also like this to replace the current Bone Head trophy, since anyone who has won one skull already has the privilege of showing off their skull in portraits.

On a similar note, I'm not sure that I like the Driftwood trophy. People who sink already get a fish or an injury, so there's no reason to reward them even more for sinking.

As for off-the-wall trophies, how about one for getting one of the "No pizza for you!" messages.
----------------------------------------
Zyborg - Avatar done by Kingpriam.
Senior Officer of the crew The Legends
Member of the flag Crimson Tide
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zyborg22 at Oct 22, 2006 11:54:59 AM]
[Oct 22, 2006 11:13:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Zyborg22    Zyborg200 [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

Hi guys,

How about trophies for Navigators that managed to memorize sufficient number of routes:

15 routes - Explorer
20 routes - Master of seas
30 routes - Lord of the Ocean

Also, It would be interesting if someone would get a trophy for achieving a certain level of experience at a particular puzzle, let say Illustrious at Carp...

How about a Plaquet (Platnium or Gold) for achieving the Navy rank: Admiral? It would be nice, it is a bit hard to achieve this rank. I know that the pirate will get a capitan jacket, but a trophy is not a bad idea.

Probably some suggestions are already mentioned, but I had the ideas right in front of me and did not want to look for them anywhere else...

I've already memmed the ocean. So have a lot of people. Trophies supposedly aren't going to be retroactive. Not exactly fair for people in my boat? =/

I see what you did there...

I know but still, why are you concerned that once lots of pirates got memed the routes? You cannot say that once group of people managed to memorize the ocean, the others should not get a chance.

Other people still get the chance to memorize the ocean. They're not removing memorization from the game. It's completely unfair to make non-retroactive trophies for something that can only be achieved once on a given pirate. It's not like a Hook trophy, where people who already have hooks can get a potion and remove it, and then get a new hook so they can get the trophy. You can't un-memorize routes (unless there's a butan I haven't noticed yet).

Besides, one of the functions of trophies is to give pirates (especially those who are bored with the game) something to do... If you have the entire ocean memorized, it stands to reason you've been around longer (with exceptions) than somebody who has very little/almost none of the ocean memorized. Those are the people who are probably in the most need of something to shoot for.

...I also find it pretty unneccessary to give out Experience trophies. Experience is something that never goes down, and it sits right next to your trophies. You can be Ultimate one day and lose it the next day (and an Ult trophy would let everybody know you got it), but you're not going to lose your Sublime because you played bad or something.

EDIT:

How about Masterpiece + Grain Bonus? (If that's not uncommon enough, how about Masterpiece + Grain Bonus + Nice Set?)
3x3x5x5?
4 Crabs cleared simulatneously (not cumulative in a chain)
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by PogoBeta at Oct 22, 2006 11:45:20 AM]
[Oct 22, 2006 11:35:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

3. Trophies will not be awarded retroactively. That's already been said, which means people who have already memorised the ocean cannot get the trophy. All other trphies (bar one that I know of) can be acheived by anyone, no matter how long they've played if they try hard enough.
Phoe, that's not retroactive. You currently have the ocean memmed. Just like you currently have an Ult. But they don't know that I was #1 in bilge and shipwrighting in 2005.

The non-retroactive policy is because they can't go back and see who had what when, but they can see things like league points memorized because it's a current part of what defines your character. So the compass/sextant/globe can be translated to a corresponding trophy without any technical problem.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Oct 22, 2006 11:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

3. Trophies will not be awarded retroactively. That's already been said, which means people who have already memorised the ocean cannot get the trophy. All other trphies (bar one that I know of) can be acheived by anyone, no matter how long they've played if they try hard enough.
Phoe, that's not retroactive. You currently have the ocean memmed. Just like you currently have an Ult. But they don't know that I was #1 in bilge and shipwrighting in 2005.

The non-retroactive policy is because they can't go back and see who had what when, but they can see things like league points memorized because it's a current part of what defines your character. So the compass/sextant/globe can be translated to a corresponding trophy without any technical problem.

So the point here is that if you already have the ocean memed, you would instantly get any trophies related to number of league points / routes memorized? I suppose that makes a lot more sense, because it doesn't go away.
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Oct 22, 2006 11:49:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rhandom

So the point here is that if you already have the ocean memed, you would instantly get any trophies related to number of league points / routes memorized? I suppose that makes a lot more sense, because it doesn't go away.

Your wouldn't get the intermediates, just like you didn't get an "Incredible" plaque for any duty puzzles you got the Ultimate trophy for when the trophies first hit. You had to get the incredibles to get the Ult, but they aren't there now.
Hahvahd on Cerulean, Rhandy everywhere.

Once the pin is removed, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend.
[Oct 22, 2006 12:30:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nkirbit

Nah, I think that people who have already memmed the ocean should get all the trophies, or that it should just be one trophy that 'upgrades' if you get more of the ocean memmorized. It's different than incred trophies because you can easily go and get an incred if you're ult, but you can't go back and memmorize 50% of the ocean if you already have it 100% memmorized. Two trophies shouldn't be mutally exclusive.
Endless
[Oct 22, 2006 1:10:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PsychoDan

I'd like to see better trophies for receiving 10 skeleton heads, 50 skeleton heads, and 250 skeleton heads.

Personally, I like this idea. I'm not sure about those exact numbers, but this gives a reason to continue skellie hunting even after you've already gotten a skull. I would also like this to replace the current Bone Head trophy, since anyone who has won one skull already has the privilege of showing off their skull in portraits.

Without giving too much away, it's very likely that this is already the case. There appear to be quite a few upgradable trophies, in fact.
Sephoris, Senior Officer of the Radical Dreamers
[Oct 22, 2006 2:10:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

What about a Sublime trophy?
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[Oct 24, 2006 8:06:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Sorry Tyler, that doesn't really make sense to me. You already have a sublime trophy. It's the word sublime on your info page which never goes away. The cool thing about Ult trophies is it shows off that you did at one time have ultimate, even if you lose it in the future. You never lose the experience ratings like Sublime though, so you always have that to show off already.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Oct 24, 2006 8:12:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
reynolds0000

Lazing trophy? o.O I would be the first to get that.
Hellsinger.

Oh sure it's ok when a monkey does it, but when I throw barrels at an italian plumber, well then it's a hate crime.
[Oct 24, 2006 3:30:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.Google.ca [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

Sorry Tyler, that doesn't really make sense to me. You already have a sublime trophy. It's the word sublime on your info page which never goes away. The cool thing about Ult trophies is it shows off that you did at one time have ultimate, even if you lose it in the future. You never lose the experience ratings like Sublime though, so you always have that to show off already.

True but when I or anyone look at a profile the first thing you see is the awesome trophys..... and arnt trophys made for acomplishment?....Sublime just doesnt stick out enough on the side of the page as a trophy does......?maby it should be a diffrent color?

Croft wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by tyler21796 at Oct 25, 2006 7:59:49 AM]
[Oct 25, 2006 7:58:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

It should be in italics :P
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Oct 25, 2006 8:58:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mattb36469

Captains Rewards
The-Big-Matt-B
Hunter Ocean
Captain Of Tremere
King Of Dark Alcazar
[Oct 27, 2006 7:47:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kaykordeath

If the trophy is for memming the ocean, then those with the ocean memmed already would ONLY be able to get it if it was awarded retroactively.

if the trophy is for HAVING THE OCEAN memmed, it is a CURRENT situation for those with the ocean memmed.

Those who were ULTIMATE in a puzzle when the trophies came out did not need to lose it and then re-gain it to have the trophy awarded...jsut like those with the ocean memmed could be awarded a newly instituted trophy without any problems.
tht guy hird me 2 b a om
[Oct 29, 2006 5:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

If the trophy is for memming the ocean, then those with the ocean memmed already would ONLY be able to get it if it was awarded retroactively.

if the trophy is for HAVING THE OCEAN memmed, it is a CURRENT situation for those with the ocean memmed.

Those who were ULTIMATE in a puzzle when the trophies came out did not need to lose it and then re-gain it to have the trophy awarded...jsut like those with the ocean memmed could be awarded a newly instituted trophy without any problems.

I can say the same about the Bone Head trophy , the skellie Hunter trophy (which is obvious since you already have X number of skulls) and same with KB, and so many other trophies. As I said, is not that it can't be done, its just they do want to.

Anyhow, you really cant compare ultimate standing to other trophies, because you can lose your ultimate standing in a blink of an eye, but how are you going to lose a memmed ocean?
Damagon
[Oct 30, 2006 4:27:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

I can say the same about the Bone Head trophy , the skellie Hunter trophy (which is obvious since you already have X number of skulls) and same with KB, and so many other trophies. As I said, is not that it can't be done, its just they do want to.

Anyhow, you really cant compare ultimate standing to other trophies, because you can lose your ultimate standing in a blink of an eye, but how are you going to lose a memmed ocean?

Er, no you can't? You can get ultimate in any puzzle more than once. You can kill skellies as many times as you want. You can get KB as much as you want. You can't unmem the ocean though. It is different because what you compared it to is repeatable, memming is not though. The only trophy so far thats unrepeatable is the greeter one.
[Oct 30, 2006 7:30:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

No, KB is not in any way associated with your character. Skellie fights are an action you perform like an incredible, not a persistent ranking. Skull trinkets are just trinkets with a particular inscribed text, they aren't part of your character.

And they did not make you lose your Ultimate or #1 standing to get your trophy. If you had it when the trophy was introduced, you got it because you had it. Being given a trophy for having something is not the same thing as being given a trophy retroactively.

(The bonehead is because it's a trophy for doing something - surviving a skelly fight - not for having a skull trinket. You don't get bonehead for buying somebody else's trinket.)

In any case, this argument is really, really going around in circles. The devs have seen it, I'm sure, and either will:

a) decide that the 'giving trophies for having it memmed' is wrong and the 'action of memming' people are right, soit would be retroactive, so it would be unfair, so they will refuse to implement it.

b) decide that 'having it memmed' is right and the trophy will be given out to those who already have it memmed, so it would be fair, and they can do it.

c) decide that because Cleaver doesn't think memorizing the ocean should be a goal in and of itself, and they don't want to tick off the boss, they better not make such a trophy regardless of fairness.

(Also, I want to suggest a trophy for reading the thread first and refraining from posting redundant suggestions for trophies based on experience, crew/flag rank, or wealth. ;> )

~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DreadedChris at Oct 30, 2006 8:43:05 AM]
[Oct 30, 2006 8:30:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Trophies I would like to see: (Some may have already been mentioned but I think they are worthy of mentioning again.)

Beating level 10 challenge (drinking/sword/rumble)

Island Explorer - for having been to every island in the ocean.

Greeter Duty - for having logged x hours as a greeter and / or having answered x number of 'ask a greeter' tells.

Event hoster - for those who have successfully run large events. It is a huge amount of work - they should get some recognition for it.

The incredible trophies are nice, but I would have liked to see a little more leveling with them, ie:
First incred on the puzzle gets a ribbon (trophy not trinket)
Getting x number of increds or getting them x% of the time changes the ribbon into the plaque.

Last man standing - given to the player that is the sole survivor in a melee for x amount of time or drops versus x% or x# of the enemy ship's crew, maybe only given out on the bigger ships. Could be given out win or lose.

Changing trophies for the various puzzles that have multipliers.
ie: Masterpiece 5 or Vegas 3 that changes to track highest achievement.

Parlor game trophies such as shooting the moon or successful blind nil x number of times.

Tactician - given to the bnavver who wins x# of battles in a row (maybe a changing one that tracks longest winning streak)

Against all odds- given to a crew that wins a melee when they had more damage / less players.

Diligent worker - given to a person who stays from start to finish (fights all battles) for a pilly of minimum time / battles.

Trainee award for successfully completing all the "learn to" missions with the navy.

Landlubber award - for x # of consecutive hours (could be multiple log in times) without stepping on a boat.

Booty bounty - given to someone who runs a pilly that earned x poe per battle per person (at booty division time)

Yes, there has been much discussion on the memming trophy. The sheer amount of time and work put into it should certainly be rewarded, regardless of when it happened. In fact people who memmed it before actually had to work harder for it as there were less developed islands with navies to do missions with.

Again, a changing trophy would be good here, based on percentage of ocean memmed (maybe 10%, 25% 50% 75% 100%)

Those who win a skellie fight get trinkets, money, items, and two trophies, although that is not necessarily an easy task, it is a team effort. Memming is a LOT of work and all up to the individual, and can be costly (charts, rum, losing stock to brigands who mercilessly attack a solo memmer...) The portrait item is fantastic, but unless they want every portrait they ever take holding the item, then it is rather limited.

I could be wrong but it seems to me the people who don't think this deserves a trophy are the ones who don't want to put forth the work to earn it but don't want others to have more trophies than they do. The majority of the trophy ideas I listed here, I would never be able to earn for myself - that doesn't make them a bad idea though.

I think the biggest point in not making trophies retro-active was to get people out trying to do it again, but since memming cannot be done again (any more than you can be a "greeter before the new release" again - you either were or were not) then I think this falls in a different category.

I do hope to see more trophies quietly added in for the sake of joy of discovery. I also enjoy the humorous ones as well - but I think the folks at OOO have enough of a sense of humor that they can come up with those on their own!
Pletoo of Sage
[Oct 30, 2006 3:31:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Greeter Duty - for having logged x hours as a greeter and / or having answered x number of 'ask a greeter' tells.

Event hoster - for those who have successfully run large events. It is a huge amount of work - they should get some recognition for it.

The problem here is balancing something nice for those that would do it anyway, with having people do something poorly just to meet the requirements. I don't care for them too much.

Getting x number of increds or getting them x% of the time changes the ribbon into the plaque.

Uhm. There are no changing trophies, just added ones. Still, you could have a 1 incred and 10 incred trophies. But not many-incred or percent-incred: reliable incredible will put you on the ultimate list eventually, and there's a trophy for that. I don't think changing trophies are going to ever happen, so each 'level' trophy needs its own artwork.

All the other ideas.... I love. Especially:

Diligent worker
Trainee

Yes, please, please! Sure, they're easy and slightly silly but it will encourage mates to play the game well. You know, to actually learn the puzzles, and stick with being part of a team. (Something in-game that mentions earning trophies might be good to add too so that they go looking... )

(but maybe call 'Trainee' ... uh... Graduate... no... uhm. Something, you know, accomplished-sounding... but 'Trained Greenie' just doesn't sound right... ;))
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Oct 30, 2006 4:05:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

I was just throwing out ideas - of course just about any award will have those who cheat just to get the trophy - sad as it is. But you are right about people misusing greeter duty for the award.

By changing trophy I really mean one that gets updated, because it might get a bit ridiculous having 10 trophies for the same thing just different levels. Yes, it would have to be different artwork but it could just replace the one already there (haven't checked whether that is already the case or not) For instance, the mug of blood could be replaced when the chalice is earned because obviously if you have gotten 10 then you have gotten 1.

The reason I suggested the one for multiple incred is because that is a truer reflection. By some strange fluke I managed to get the incred gun - normally I score only good. I wasn't even trying - just looking for something to do while solo floating a boat, and happened to get a perfect board. I don't display that trophy because I certainly don't deserve it. (Nor do I want people assuming I can gun when I am jobbing.) As far as eventually getting the ultimate - I was legendary on sails for over a month usually scoring increds and pillying for hours every day - never got up to ultimate for some reason, now I am down to GM, I think, and haven't been able to get it back up.

heheh Trained Greenie does have a little bit of a ring to it though :P

And thanks for reading and responding to my suggestions - both praise and criticism - I often feel quite invisible on these forums.
Pletoo of Sage
[Oct 30, 2006 6:43:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kharnor

Landlubber award - for x # of consecutive hours (could be multiple log in times) without stepping on a boat.

Haha, awesome! I approve.
Kharnor, perpetual junior officer of the Lost Lot
[Oct 31, 2006 9:02:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

If you want to "unmem" the ocean, all you need is a new route.

One that leads to the notting atoll, for example.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Nov 1, 2006 11:29:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

How about a throphy for planking an ocean master :-) (joking)
[Nov 1, 2006 6:13:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gust_9

Just a short list of some of my ideas for trophies:

True acheivements:

Black Belt: Win 50 Rumble matchs using bare fists

Hawkseye: Have a cannon hit rate of 80% or higher (average taken from at least 100 shots)

Pair O' Skulls: Defeat one skelly when grappled by the Black Ship

Wooden Wand: Defeat 50 opponents using the Stick

Bogus Acheivments:

Davy Jones' Locker Key: Get sunk 10 times

Loose Cannon: Have a cannon hit rate of 30% or less (based on at least 100 cannon shots)

Walking Target: Be the first to get knocked out in 10 matches

Misc./ Insane (No true difference, really)

Ancient Blade: Use the same type of sword with the same type of colour pattern for at least 120 days.

Fish Dinner: Have 100 fishes in your blugeon trunk

Picture Frame: Paint 15 portraits of yourself
Arrrrmazing.
[Nov 2, 2006 12:04:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

A trunk can only hold 20 bludgeons, do you mean 5 trunks in one house, each full with 20 bludgeons? Yeowch.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Nov 2, 2006 12:06:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

Just a short list of some of my ideas for trophies:

True acheivements:

Black Belt: Win 50 Rumble matchs using bare fists

Hawkseye: Have a cannon hit rate of 80% or higher (average taken from at least 100 shots)

Pair O' Skulls: Defeat one skelly when grappled by the Black Ship

Wooden Wand: Defeat 50 opponents using the Stick

Bogus Acheivments:

Davy Jones' Locker Key: Get sunk 10 times

Loose Cannon: Have a cannon hit rate of 30% or less (based on at least 100 cannon shots)

Walking Target: Be the first to get knocked out in 10 matches

Misc./ Insane (No true difference, really)

Ancient Blade: Use the same type of sword with the same type of colour pattern for at least 120 days.

Picture Frame: Paint 15 portraits of yourself

I like most of them, except for this part.

Anything that encourages you to fight blue ships is a bad idea.

If anything the Black Ship should take your trophies away, and you'd have to get them back by doing everything all over.
(ok not all, but at least one of them... )
Damagon
[Nov 2, 2006 7:35:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

Tactician - given to the bnavver who wins x# of battles in a row (maybe a changing one that tracks longest winning streak)

I do like the idea of trophy for the longest winning streak that sounds good and its not like it cant be done I mean the #1 trophys are given and taken away arnt they? so this one could work the same.

Croft wrote: 

[Nov 3, 2006 7:35:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
PsychoDan

I do like the idea of trophy for the longest winning streak that sounds good and its not like it cant be done I mean the #1 trophys are given and taken away arnt they? so this one could work the same.

#1 and ultimate trophies are not taken away if you fall below that rank.
Sephoris, Senior Officer of the Radical Dreamers
[Nov 3, 2006 10:59:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Noheart

I would like to see trophies to fill in the "Memmed the ocean" goal for the other puzzles. Who will be the first to bilge across the entire ocean?

~Noheart
[Nov 3, 2006 11:59:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tennveil

It's late and I'm tired. I'm going to throw out some ideas that may or may not have been mentioned, hopefully not. I try to keep them strange ^^

-Running out of rum
-Having over certain number of trinkets
-Winning a certain number of automated tournaments
-"Multi-tasker" (not sure if doable) Successfully entering and winning two tournaments that occur at the same time (as in, both are running at one point of time).
-Spam-less. Not talking for a certain amount of time XD
[Nov 4, 2006 12:13:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates