• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 361958 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
Greengull

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

Then I'd be onsomething like Super-Diamond-Platinum-Gold-Silver-Bronze Masterpiece and imagine what someone like Scarymuffin would be on.
----------------------------------------

Knir is an obsessed, with hats like a puppet master.

/me applauds the lack of a noun in the piratey one word game
[Sep 22, 2007 12:32:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furyoku

there should be a MP thread for example every 5 MP's you get that's a trophy for carp.

Why would you want such trophy for 5 Masterpieces in carp? I can pull out 9 MP per round (until the stars are filled).

NOTE: I am not showing off how good am I. I am just saying that it is possible to get more than 5 MP per round.

I have already suggested an idea carpentry trophies, which, I think, fairly good for carpentry. The numbers should be higher because earning the trophies could be pretty easy. So, I would suggest just exactly as the crab trophies, 100 crabs, 5000 crabs, 15000 crabs. Here are the trophies and their requirements (like the older post but with some minor modifications):

100 masterpieces - Bronze nails
5000 masterpieces - Silver saw
15000 masterpieces - Golden hammer

Blacksmith:

1 masterpiece - Bronze chain
10 masterpieces - Silver Bell
50 masterpieces - Golden Horseshoe

Well, what do you think about that?
Press me if you dare!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Furyoku at Sep 22, 2007 1:12:45 PM]
[Sep 22, 2007 12:38:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greengull

Yeah cool maybe one just for getting chains aswell.. (of masterpieces)
Hey this is convenient I got a new avvy and look what I'm sitting on

[Sep 22, 2007 12:42:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

A trophy for hauling a certain number of chests, boxes, and/or lockers would be nice, even more fun would be a "fish that got away" trophy that counted the ones that were in the net but not hauled (of course the collectors out there would probably purposely not haul a chest up just to get this, which would be annoying.)
Pletoo of Sage
[Sep 23, 2007 12:49:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nicksput

How about a trophy for staying on a vessel throughout a pilly. Too often people come and go on a whim, so reward those that stick it out from launch to division of booty.

20 completed voyages - bronze - Decoration of Duty
100 completed voyages - silver - Award of Allegiance
500 completed voyages - gold - Order of Obedience
Nicksput on the Meridian Ocean
Pouncing Piranhas

Akifutomaki on the Meridian Ocean
Conspiracy
[Sep 28, 2007 5:12:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dnr3301

As to the carpentry trophy, how about if it counts the number of "I" pieces that you place in a hole that's not a pig's breakfast. Call it the 2X4.

For example:

5 - Pine 2X4
50 - Teak 2X4
500 - Mahogany 2X4
Vivthegreat on Sage
[Sep 28, 2007 7:06:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shiang

9 is awful, 14 is really eazy for me and my max is 17 though getting the last few pieces befor the stars fill up is hard and I never managed to get through. A friend of mine (love machine) said he got over 30, thats preaty cool.
please don't sf me... sob
[Sep 28, 2007 7:07:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    shiang5 [Link]  Go to top 
Greengull

You do realise greenie carpenting is bad enough Without the whole 'get a trophy for risking the whole hole' thing?

[Sep 28, 2007 8:42:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yoccm

perhaps a trophie for clearing the dragoons from a ship IN the atlantis board(not safe zone), it could be like an upgraded bellator's bane: Kybernete's...kidney? or something.

a trophie some may have thought:
more carpentry-manuver trophies I mean, pillars of wood? Oak oak, Seal of pine? bad names but you get the drift, right?

that is what Yoccm thinks.
Every once in a blue moon, the moon turns blue.
[Sep 30, 2007 2:35:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furyoku

9 is awful, 14 is really eazy for me and my max is 17 though getting the last few pieces befor the stars fill up is hard and I never managed to get through. A friend of mine (love machine) said he got over 30, thats preaty cool.

The point of this thread is to SUGGEST ideas about new trophies not to show off how good you really are.

The masterpiece trophies I suggested is total masterpieces generated. Does not have to be in one session. In addition, the carp masterpieces combo that I suggested is not about the longest combo, but the number of MP attained. Let´s say you managed in the whole trip make one MP, so that counts one MP towards the total. If you did "Your´s max" 17, then it will be 17 MP towards the total.
Press me if you dare!
[Sep 30, 2007 4:53:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zacb1

I would like to see a trophy set based upon Treasure chest hauled in, similiar to crabs and blockade flags. Ofcourse i mean count of personal hauling not vessel hauling.
Zacthedragon of Cerulean
Monarch of What The Falchion
[Sep 30, 2007 11:52:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cbh66

Yeah, something similar to the crabs in bilge, just to get people to the other stations once in a while. I like the masterpiece one for carp that's been suggested, and how bout one for total number of platforms cleared in sailing?
[Oct 1, 2007 4:11:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Bilge does seem to have more trophies that anythng else how about a sublime/able trophy in the other duties. Loose cannon would be a good name for guns can't think of good names for carp or sail, any ideas?
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Oct 2, 2007 4:58:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Giemz

Well the crabs aren't really the only thing that most of the jobbers 'specialize' in bilge. It's quite an easy puzzle that don't require a lot of planning or thinking to get good work (i'm not saying bout incrs and such). I still think that experience trophies (like crabs) should be introduced though. And because that would multiply the amount of trophies like hell only the highest should be in the gallery.

I don't really think that sublime/able trophies would make people go away from bilging more. Sublime experience is like couple of weeks on one puzzle. Thats a goal for a year or two. That won't do.
Making a sublime/able for all the puzzles doesn't make sense but maybe like a sublime/ultimate trophy in something could really make all the dinosaur-aged pirates change their subject of intrest.

last minute thought (i know it has been suggested but im too lazy to search now) .
Or maybe a title that can be given only if the pirate has a certain experience/standing and (s)he will loose the title if dropped from the ranking.
Like Wind Weaver for at least Paragon/Legendary sailing?
Or Master of The Holes for carp? XD
Fair Winds
Barbarosa of Malachite
Mostly retired - burned out at the moment.
[Oct 2, 2007 8:13:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rolld20

Like Wind Weaver for at least Paragon/Legendary sailing?
Or Master of The Holes for carp? XD

Frankly, I don't *want* to be known as 'Master of Holes', thank you very much. :) How about 'Mending Mistress'? :D

I do think the Crabs trophies show the Ringers' *blatant* favoritism of Bilge, and should be balanced by similar trophies for other stations.
I *don't* think we need more TH trophies, since people are already waaay too eager to TH, and don't really need more encouragement.
A 'loyal pillager' award might be nice; it can be surprisingly difficult to keep jobbers on a ship.
Greyrat of Viridian
-------------

"The server is under heavy load due to calculating exactly how big of an idiot you are"

[Oct 4, 2007 9:38:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greengull

How about 'Mending Mistress'? :D

Not a bad idea, it would have to change to Mending Master if you were a guy, of course. I would rather be known as Master of Holes than Mending Mistress thankyou.

Now I must say that cheese is nice and so is milkshake there ought to be more trophies for being a good person. Not just being good at puzzles or games that's piratin'. I mean like the heart ones from the old greeter things so people know you're not some heartless tart who mutes everyone randomly and deals out blackspots for nothing. I'm not sure how this whole thing would work but I'd like to see it happen, maybe, (bringing up old ideas like that last post) like someone said, a trophy for sticking on a whole pillage or even staying on a 'doomed' ship instead of leaving because you think there's no point. Or, finally, maybe one for being scrupulous (however you spell that) and plusing some jobbers instead of the usual practice of some people which is to minus them all.

Wow that was quite a rant

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Greengull at Oct 4, 2007 12:38:03 PM]
[Oct 4, 2007 12:35:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keghead

Trophies for a complete set of trinkets (eg; Starfish)

If you collect all colours of a certain group of trinkets you would be awarded a trophy for collecting the whole set. Once you have recieved the trophy the trinkets would then get a mark of some kind (doesnt have to be visual) so that other people have to collect another whole set.
Keghead - Hunter. Banned
[Oct 6, 2007 4:18:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keghead

Trophies for time spent at sea.

eg; Bronze/Silver/Gold/Diamond sea legs. Spent X amount of time at sea.
Keghead - Hunter. Banned
[Oct 8, 2007 4:32:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
newfrog

Trophies for:

Visiting every island (The Globetrotter?) in the ocean at least once.

Having memorized a certain number of league points.
[Oct 9, 2007 4:35:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kavlin

How about something for defeating the atlantean citadel for the 1st, 10th, 50 or 100th time.
Kavlin S. Teer
SO and Surgeon of Stark Raving Mad
White Lord of that demented flag Dark Asylum
Cobalt

Blessed are the cracked
For they let in the light!
2 Baby Kavs!! God help you all!! err.. us....
[Oct 10, 2007 2:37:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Kavteer [Link]  Go to top 
cbh66

How about something for defeating the atlantean citadel for the 1st, 10th, 50 or 100th time.

I agree, we need more motivation to go in that thing.
[Oct 10, 2007 3:17:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CashCarStar

Hopefully it's ok to say this much: a post was deleted between the last two.
Festrunk - Viridian
[Oct 10, 2007 7:59:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
McGarvery

My Trophy Ideas. (Possible Trophy Style)
---

Memorize every island LP. (Busted Boots: Boots with the soles peeling off.)

Have every sword type in your inventory at the same time. (Sword Collector:a pile of swords)
Have every bludgeon type in your inventory at the same time. (Bludgeon Collector: a collage of bludgeons)
Have every mug type in your inventory at the same time.
(Mug Collector: A montage of drinks)

Own over 100 sticks.
(Dull Edged: A blade in terrible condition)

Stay on a station for over an hour without leaving it, once/five times/20 times/one hundred times.
(Iron Tackle/Hammer/Pump, Bronze ***, Silver ***, Golden ***: Images appropriate)

Score INCREDIBLE 10 times back to back, on any puzzle.
(SPECTACULAR ****: larger plaque)

Win a swordfight where you are outnumbered more highly than 3-to-1 at the start. All survivors recieve trophy.
(BLACKHEARTED: A black heart with crossed swords in front of it.)

Be acknowledged by an Oceanmaster as an especially good greeter while doing Greeter Duty.
(PINK HEART, awarded retroactively to pirates who were not greeters before Oct. 17, 2006... or GREEN HEART, a recolored Pink Heart.)
[Oct 10, 2007 10:11:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrinvisible7

Love the ideas
Mrinvisible, Verde, Invisi, and Bootydemon on Viridian

Dukester and Ratio on Malachite
[Oct 11, 2007 12:45:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pizzaman522

It seems to me like pillaging could really be revived by the addition of new trophies. After all, how else does everyone get so many jobbers for those poe-less e-kades.

Ideas-

1. A trophy(s) for staying on a pillage of no less than 2 hours from leaving port to porting.
2. A trophy(s) for doing a certain station ON A PILLAGE a certain length of time.
3. A trophy(s) for participating in four 100+ poe each battles on a single ship. (200+, 400+, 600+, etc yields better trophies)
Emerald - devilchickie
[Oct 13, 2007 11:35:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greengull

1. A trophy(s) for staying on a pillage of no less than 2 hours from leaving port to porting.

You could easily exploit this.

2. A trophy(s) for doing a certain station ON A PILLAGE a certain length of time.

Same, and a bit unfair, the OIC/MAA won't get such a trophy so...

3. A trophy(s) for participating in four 100+ poe each battles on a single ship. (200+, 400+, 600+, etc yields better trophies)

This isn't really fair, it depends on how well the officer bnavs, not on how well you fight or who is fighting, it also depends on the number of greenies aboard, greenies don't haul much treasure, but they still take some, so this could discourage being friendly to greenies and suchlike, which the OMs are quite against, because less greenie happines means less greenies means less players means less money for Three Rings means less money for the OMs themselves and also less game updates means less players mean less money for Three Rings and so on.

Well, maybe a bit farfetched but hey, still possible, consider revising these trophy ideas...

Edit: Fixed quote thingy

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Greengull at Oct 13, 2007 2:03:34 PM]
[Oct 13, 2007 2:02:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elres

My trophy ideas:

( p.s. this might have been done but im too lazy to read the whole thread)

Ye old salt: getting an expreince of solid on all puzzles

wreck in a bottle: getting your ship sunk (looks like that ship
in a bottle trophy but in it is just a batted mast sticking out of some waves)
[Oct 13, 2007 8:22:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greengull

Ye old salt: getting an expreince of solid on all puzzles

The experience shows up on your pirate page always so there's no need for such a trophy

[Oct 14, 2007 10:19:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cbh66

Hm...

Change it to Sublime in all puzzles, and it's an okay idea.
[Oct 14, 2007 11:13:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Giemz

...and after like 5 years we'll have a first person who would be awarded by this.
Fair Winds
Barbarosa of Malachite
Mostly retired - burned out at the moment.
[Oct 14, 2007 11:32:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates