• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 337875 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
qwpzxjor1

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

Maybe birthday trophies everytime your pirate grows X years older.

I like that!
----------------------------------------
Whitewyvern wrote: 
For every American who mispells "Favour" and "Colour", there is a textspeak child abusing the letter U to balance things out.

[Oct 19, 2006 7:43:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Serpentiator

My suggestion would be: Employee of the month.

Way to Achieve: You are the labourer in that particular stall/shoppe that has provided the most labour hours. (could only work with SW, Alch, and Dist.)

If two people are tied, the pirate that has the best average of labour output, will get the trophy.

Also it should only be awarded to labourers in stalls with a minimum of 15 employees.
- Archonis
Damagon said:

There is nothing sweeter than making fun of those who PNT by mistake.

[Oct 19, 2006 8:42:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Suggestion, #1-in-Archipelago trophies, with Archipelago specific artwork. Several things have been done to make Arches more distinct and this would be another.
Yes, some people will move their home around to collect them all, which will devalue them slightly, but I think it's worth doing anyway. I don't think most people will move around (who cares about a trophy from an arch that you don't really live in, really? Only compulsive collectors will move around.)
Other archipelago specific trophies would be cool too, but I'm having trouble thinking of what they'd be.

(Ultimate in arch is not so exciting because Ult in Arch and Ocean are almost always simultaneous. Although, Ultimate Battle Navigation on Midnight is only possible in your archipelago, and only in certain arches at that... but even so, I think Ult in arch would be more clutter than cool.)

I think that would be more fun trying to figure out how to get the trophies rather than just recieving one for doing Incredible on a station.

There are several mystery trophies and there will likely be more.

However, players that figure it out will talk about it, and it will certainly end up in the yppedia. So, y'know. Do lots of different things every day so you can find them first. Make describing how to get a trophy a crew-evictable offense. Avoid the YPPedia trophy page. And stop reading forums. Easy enough, right? ;)

PS: There is no trophy (yet) for winning a PvP. I don't know if there's a trophy for winning a sinking PvP. I think perhaps there should be.
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DreadedChris at Oct 19, 2006 9:04:23 AM]
[Oct 19, 2006 9:00:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zenshu

Given that poker ratings are, basicaly, screwed, how about a "5/n times max buyin" trophy (100k at 20k tables, 1 mil at 200k tables etc.).
It'd probably need to go pretty high to cover the 200 poe tables, not sure how much of an issue that would be though.
Pario, sideline heckler of Virtute et Armis.
[Oct 19, 2006 9:19:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
c_squared01

Also for several levels of total time logged on. (Finally some way to show off being Sublime / Able in docktarting)

You are actually famous in my crew for being "that guy that stands where you can't join his chat circle." I'd be fine with a docktarting trophy :)

The 100,000 lifetime tells trophy would work.
Chrisspy
[Oct 19, 2006 9:55:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Also for several levels of total time logged on. (Finally some way to show off being Sublime / Able in docktarting)

You are actually famous in my crew for being "that guy that stands where you can't join his chat circle." I'd be fine with a docktarting trophy :)

I find people are often curious as to what I'm looking at. It's a great conversation starter! ;)

Perhaps I should stand in the middle of the docks more. My docktarting rating may skyrocket to Respected :P
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Oct 19, 2006 10:13:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

How about a trophy for the Bnavver who grapples Max-0 in pvp?
Pogo on Midnight

I used to have an avatar shop
for someone this washed up, you'd think i'd be a little cleaner...
[Oct 19, 2006 5:20:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

A trophy showing the highest level of Brigand you've beat, with a nav wheel in it if you were driving.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Oct 19, 2006 5:42:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Serpentiator

PogoBeta said:

How about a trophy for the Bnavver who grapples Max-0 in pvp?

Well... that would be a bit hard to code, withthe three sorts of Cannonballs and the different sizes of ships. What about a trophy for the Blockade B-Naver who manages to Hit enemy ships (not the same ship) with 100 cannonballs, within 1 round. Or maybe just 50... 100 is quite alot.

Or a trophy for winning an Automated Tourny.
- Archonis
Damagon said:

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Serpentiator at Oct 19, 2006 5:45:26 PM]
[Oct 19, 2006 5:43:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Or a trophy for winning an Automated Tourny.

I thought that was called a "trinket"
[Oct 19, 2006 5:55:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Serpentiator

Yes, it is, but sometimes, people choose to sell these "Trinkets" and they dont have a memory... it is merely a suggestion
- Archonis
Damagon said:

[Oct 19, 2006 6:24:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Edit: Who let me into the rum. Tsk tsk.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by HiimEric2001 at Nov 3, 2006 2:08:03 PM]
[Oct 19, 2006 8:02:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Yes, it is, but sometimes, people choose to sell these "Trinkets" and they dont have a memory... it is merely a suggestion
You also can't really show them to anyone who can't see your trophy case.
Trinkets are much less cool.

Oh, suggestion:

A ribbon trophy, that any OM-awarded ribbon can be turned into.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by drc500free at Oct 19, 2006 8:20:40 PM]
[Oct 19, 2006 8:19:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smurfsahoy

Total props to darvid for coming up with this one, but I just wanted to make sure it got into this thread:

Getting multiple incredibles on the same duty report (for various puzzles)

Doubloons have cost exactly the same price for years. 42 dubs for $10.

Oh, what's that? You want it to be easier to play the game FOR FREE? Sorry, kiddo. No sympathy.

[Oct 19, 2006 9:49:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Being the battle navver who sinks ships: Increase a hidden database counter.
Sinking the 5th ship: An "Ace" trophy.

Even better: Confuse people into thinking it's a card trophy :-)
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Oct 19, 2006 10:48:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Seishino

Old sea dog trophy (played for 365 login, not calendar, days)

Survivor trophy (be the only survivor in a skellie fight)

Cap'n (be captain in a crew of more than 20 people for a week)

High-Stakes Joker (Win more than 100,000 in one hand of poker)

Davy Jones's Locker (Lose more than 100,000 in one hand of poker)

Landlubbing Merchant trophy (increase the seed money used to start a store by 10x)

Ringleader Trophy (more than 1000 unique pirates have played in your tournaments)

Zookeeper (own one of all pets)

Arrrrrt collector (have more than 20 paintings)
Viridian - Seishino
Skellie Alert - Pirate Time
[Oct 20, 2006 12:58:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chriscanfield.net [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

Although i kinda feel the trophies are there to highlight the good from the poor, and thus creating even More difference in players, and that i think giving medals and trophies for just good work and concept of the game is a little childish, and may create more jealousy and increase greenie attacks....

.. its nice to see it has risen the level of activity on the ocean and not at the inns...

...However, its a shame they didnt decide to pillage and hit the navy so i cant pvp them :(
Drake
Captain of Clueless
Prince & Politician - Castigo Final.
squirt wrote: 
I'll take your word on this one, that he really doesn't mean to pick fights.. He's just.. British

[Oct 20, 2006 5:39:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Hmm... maybe the ocean-going trophies should come in two versions - one for the navy, one for player ships?
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
Squid wrote: 

[Oct 20, 2006 8:05:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

How about a trophy for having a certain number of trophies?

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Oct 20, 2006 8:30:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

Although i kinda feel the trophies are there to highlight the good from the poor, and thus creating even More difference in players, and that i think giving medals and trophies for just good work and concept of the game is a little childish, and may create more jealousy and increase greenie attacks....

.. its nice to see it has risen the level of activity on the ocean and not at the inns...

...However, its a shame they didnt decide to pillage and hit the navy so i cant pvp them :(

I don't think they are to really put more difference between the good the bad and the ugly. I figure there are there to have everyone strive for something. I know I went out and got all my ultimates back just so I could get a pretty trophy case. Hearties have been trying harder at puzzles and people are just trying to collect them all!
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[Oct 20, 2006 8:58:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

How about a trophy for having a certain number of trophies?

Those darn greeters would always be a step ahead...

How about a trophy that, when viewed by enough people, evolves into a stronger trophy with more powerful attacks and higher HP?
Pogo on Midnight

[Oct 20, 2006 10:19:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smurfsahoy

So just make a trophy that you get if you visit every island on an ocean all within one hour, and were also never a greeter before the update :D

Doubloons have cost exactly the same price for years. 42 dubs for $10.

Oh, what's that? You want it to be easier to play the game FOR FREE? Sorry, kiddo. No sympathy.

[Oct 20, 2006 10:48:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PogoBeta

Some of us have been legitimately discussing a Docktart Trophy, and (though I could swear I posted on the matter, I can't find my own post) we've established that should such a trophy exist, it should be obtained by:

Reaching a minimum cumulative time spent in chat circles

• On Islands
  • Outdoors
  • With at least two people in the circle

with possible bonuses for circles with a greater number of people in them.
    Pogo on Midnight

• [Oct 21, 2006 3:22:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Furyoku

Hi guys,

How about trophies for Navigators that managed to memorize sufficient number of routes:

15 routes - Explorer
    20 routes - Master of seas
    30 routes - Lord of the Ocean

Also, It would be interesting if someone would get a trophy for achieving a certain level of experience at a particular puzzle, let say Illustrious at Carp...

How about a Plaquet (Platnium or Gold) for achieving the Navy rank: Admiral? It would be nice, it is a bit hard to achieve this rank. I know that the pirate will get a capitan jacket, but a trophy is not a bad idea.

Probably some suggestions are already mentioned, but I had the ideas right in front of me and did not want to look for them anywhere else...
    Press me if you dare!
    [Oct 21, 2006 4:47:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    IantheKorean

Hi guys,

How about trophies for Navigators that managed to memorize sufficient number of routes:

15 routes - Explorer
    20 routes - Master of seas
    30 routes - Lord of the Ocean

Also, It would be interesting if someone would get a trophy for achieving a certain level of experience at a particular puzzle, let say Illustrious at Carp...

How about a Plaquet (Platnium or Gold) for achieving the Navy rank: Admiral? It would be nice, it is a bit hard to achieve this rank. I know that the pirate will get a capitan jacket, but a trophy is not a bad idea.

Probably some suggestions are already mentioned, but I had the ideas right in front of me and did not want to look for them anywhere else...

I've already memmed the ocean. So have a lot of people. Trophies supposedly aren't going to be retroactive. Not exactly fair for people in my boat? =/
    [Oct 21, 2006 11:34:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Furyoku

I've already memmed the ocean. So have a lot of people. Trophies supposedly aren't going to be retroactive. Not exactly fair for people in my boat? =/

So what? Despite the that that you memed and the rest memed it too, it doesnt mean that pirates are not interested in memorizing the ocean. Someone could memorize the ocean, but what about the rest that are trying to memorizing it?

If you are from the doubloon ocean Viridian, I can assure you that it is hard to memorize the ocean since there are more than 10 unihanbitated island close together. Only the navy possess the maps to those parts...

Further more, the developer should award guys like you that you have already memed the ocean a trophy according to the number of the routes. It would be similar when the Sea Battle change to Battle Navigation, all pirates that had Grand Master, Legendary and Ultimate standings at Sea Battle got Trinkets corresponded to their standing...

So, if you memed the ocean, it would be nice if you have also a trophy... It would be unfair to you guys who already managed to memorize the ocean not to get a trophy... The same thing should be applied for the admiral rank, too...

I am not thinking selfishly, you guys should get a cut too! ^_^

C Ya!
    Press me if you dare!
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Furyoku at Oct 22, 2006 4:10:09 AM]
    [Oct 22, 2006 4:09:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    starrarose

If you are from the doubloon ocean Viridian, I can assure you that it is hard to memorize the ocean since there are more than 10 unihanbitated island close together. Only the navy possess the maps to those parts...

Brigands also posses the maps, and you know what ? There's a LOT of people on Viridian with the ocean memmed already as well.

There's already trophies for people who mem routes. you find them in portrait options. Compass, Spyglass, sextant, globe, those are 4 I can think of.
    Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
    TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Oct 22, 2006 5:47:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Furyoku

Brigands also posses the maps, and you know what ? There's a LOT of people on Viridian with the ocean memmed already as well.

I know but still, why are you concerned that once lots of pirates got memed the routes? You cannot say that once group of people managed to memorize the ocean, the others should not get a chance.

There are lost of inhabitant islands in Onyx Archipelago, you need to pillage alot in order to gain the maps... but this is not the issue... I want to point out that some pirates are having problems with memorizing the ocean, you can say Jade can be memed, all the inhabitant islands are beside a habitant ones...

I have memed about 90% of the Jade Archipelago, I can even get to the other Archipelagos without charts...

I dont have a portrait yet, I would like to get a navigation trophy. But I was talking about the new implementation trophies, not trophies for the portrait, trophies for the trophy gallery...

Like I said before, guys who already memed the ocean will get the trophy too, like the sea battle case.

Trophy for memed routes should exisit, like blockade trophies, skellie hunting etc...

Memorizing such large number of routes should be also considered as a great achievement... and a token for such hard time job should get a trophy or two, I mentioned them in an older post...

If you have already memed the ocean, wouldnt you like a trophy or two as a gift for that? You can get the incredible trophies, Ultimate ones, but memorzing large number of routes is a diffcult task...

It is about time that yppedia to put an article about trophy idea links, we will see then what trophies are considered as a good idea...
    Press me if you dare!
    [Oct 22, 2006 6:33:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    starrarose

Ok mate. Let me clarify some things for you.

1. You do not need to use the navy to mem anything. You can do it all on your ship.

2. People who have memorised different percentages of the ocean already get special rewards. In their portraits, you can't get them unless you've memmed X% of the ocean.

3. Trophies will not be awarded retroactively. That's already been said, which means people who have already memorised the ocean cannot get the trophy. All other trphies (bar one that I know of) can be acheived by anyone, no matter how long they've played if they try hard enough.

Am I being clear enough yet? There's no need for an extra thing for memming the ocean, you can already get one and throw it on your info page in a portrait for the whole world to see.

THAT'S the place I want my recognition for, not a trophy.
    Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
    TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Oct 22, 2006 6:54:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Furyoku

Ok, then,

We will see, I wont discuss it...

Like I told in the older post, when they apply the trophy idea links or something similar we will find out what will be implemented.
    Press me if you dare!
    [Oct 22, 2006 8:56:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates