• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1393
Posts: 1393   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 322431 times and has 1392 replies Next Thread
swordstix_n

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

There Isn't enough to do with sailing increds

I think there should be ones for 5 10 15 25 75 and 100

Also ones per day
2-3-4-5-6-etc.

Same with all puzzles

Also incredible pirate for holding all pirate duty incredible

same for crafting

also some trophys for holding expensive pets..

Ok thats all
[Jan 3, 2007 8:22:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kitty_kat06

this isn't really an idea for trophies but it is related. im sick of wondering how many crabs i've cleared and how many cannons i've loaded. i think there should be something that will count this all for you so you know the exact number of what you've done/collected.
[Jan 3, 2007 7:30:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Numerical stats are Anti-listed. The Ringers do not want them in this game.

Faulkston,
Anti-listy linky
----------------------------------------
[Jan 3, 2007 7:36:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

They should have Cardboard Sign trophies for people who lose all their money at poker. Perhaps if they lose a specific amount of money at it, they get the sign. It should say something appropriate like "Will pillage for food".
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Jan 4, 2007 5:47:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

They should have Cardboard Sign trophies for people who lose all their money at poker. Perhaps if they lose a specific amount of money at it, they get the sign. It should say something appropriate like "Will pillage for food".

I would much rather see a cardboard sign Trophy for beggers: "U GiV PoE?"
Damagon
[Jan 5, 2007 7:49:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ttpenna

Hahaha ! You saved my day thanks
Ttpenna Meridian

R.I.P Yokomoko
R.I.P Hamandcheese
[Jan 5, 2007 7:49:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    108765490 [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

So I looked all over this thread and I'm surprised I didn't find any suggestions for crafting puzzle trophies. So here are mine; they're not terribly original ideas but they do fit the pattern the Ringers established with the crab trophy.

Silver bottle - awarded after filling a certain number of bottles in alchemistry with quicksilver.

Bubbling cauldron - achieve "Cauldron bubble" a certain number of times while playing alchemistry.

Clear rum - sending up an ungodly number of crystal clear columns in distilling.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Feb 17, 2007 12:13:17 PM]
[Jan 8, 2007 10:02:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
vanway

I would give a trophy to those players who cashes out with 1 milion poe in the poker tables.
GAME OVER

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Feb 17, 2007 12:13:26 PM]
[Jan 9, 2007 7:37:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DalDal

ok so call me a sentimentalist... but i think perhaps there should be certain trophies that reward loyalty and personality,

for one... we all know that having people who stay an entire pillage are priceless...

A Trusty Pillager trophy for staying for an entire pillage 10 times over (5 battle minimum)

a Bad Apple trophy for being blackspotted... you know who you are but wed like to know

Loyal Beyond Belief Trophy for staying in a crew for longer than 3 months,

Crew Legend trophy for longer than 6 months

A captain should be able to bestow upon a crew member an outstanding contribution trophy. possibly only available to people who have had the loyalty trophy.

A Rotten Apple trophy for someone who has been expelled 3 times...

A best friend trophy, one that you can give to just one person in the game every 3 months, like a top hearty thing

A captain Fantastic Trophy for being captain of the crew for 6 months consecutively

i know perhaps some of these may be farfetched,,,, but to reward people for loyalty and behavior would be great, cause these trophies would mean even those who cannot earn the ultimate trophies, can earn something that will grant even greater respect in the long term
Honour is won, not in the way you look after your friends, but in the way you treat your enemies.
5 years later, Daldal retired from The game
-=Daldal the Lionheart=-
[Jan 9, 2007 7:59:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Daldal [Link]  Go to top 
sibr39

I want the "Give a Cookie" Trophy - to be awarded to Dal only.
Sibrseadog

Lord of Sea Change

Ozymandias said:

Look upon my works ye Mighty and despair.

[Jan 9, 2007 8:19:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DalDal

I want the "Give a Cookie" Trophy - to be awarded to Dal only.

huzzah for that one!
Honour is won, not in the way you look after your friends, but in the way you treat your enemies.
-=Daldal the Lionheart=-
[Jan 9, 2007 8:26:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Daldal [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

a Bad Apple trophy for being blackspotted... you know who you are but wed like to know

No, not that one, in fact I've just listed that one in a new thread called Anti Trophy Suggestion Thread
If you make a trophy for it, some people are going to want that trophy, and then they will start behaving in such a way so as to get that Trophy. It would just encourage bad behaviour.
[Jan 10, 2007 3:35:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DalDal

ahhhh thats something id rather not do.... ok so ill say if you get blackspotted... all your stats and trophies are deleted! huzzah!
-=Daldal the Lionheart=-
[Jan 10, 2007 10:11:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Daldal [Link]  Go to top 
om2

Sublime experience trophies?
When God sneezes, what do you say?
[Jan 11, 2007 3:39:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
om2

One for killing each brigand king X times?
[Jan 14, 2007 11:23:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
om2

one thats a picture of a hand holding two dabloons (only available on subscriber oceans) for getting subscribed?
[Jan 14, 2007 12:29:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
abacadafa

Exercise in Futility
Graphic: Broken board, hammer
Requirement: Have sparkly hammer in carp when the ship sinks

Discarded Banana Peel, Empty Nest, Mysteriously Empty Aquarium
Requirement: 1st runner up in a familiar tourney.

Broken Compass:
Requiremnt: Booch duty nav once.
[Jan 14, 2007 6:39:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

Not sure if this has been posted or not...

X number of hours playing a puzzle, and getting more than a poor so it proves you are actually doing the puzzle =).

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[Jan 14, 2007 6:43:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rhd55

I think we should have an injury trophy for losing a limb/ joint/ eye
Monkeydudepo on Sage Ocean
Currently Dormant...
[Jan 15, 2007 9:15:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Looking totally hawt is enough of a reward for losing a body part. If this does become a trophy, I'd like mine to be in the form of a disability check. Pirates did get disability compensation, you know.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Jan 15, 2007 9:25:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

A separate trophy for each injury, or just for the first one you get?
I've got two injuries so far a hook and a peg leg.
Portrait here
[Jan 15, 2007 7:37:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
om2

Winning 100 commodities in a single pillage?
[Jan 17, 2007 1:54:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whedonella

The Declaration of War - a scroll with an imposing seal or something
This trophy to be given to all members of a flag who participate in a war (whether they sent the dec or returned it, but the dec must be returned for a state of active war). In fact, to make it more interesting (and prevent frivolous "wars" where both sides agree not to engage) maybe it should only be given if pirates engage the enemy or a minimum number of ships are sunk (so that people blockading would almost certainly get it, but people hunting one another on the high seas would really need to hunt).
Whedonella, Pirate of the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer of Piracy by Design
Princess of Pandora's Box
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Feb 17, 2007 12:23:54 PM]
[Jan 18, 2007 8:49:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wippit

We have trophies for reaching Ultimate, and we have Ultimate pirate for reaching Ultimate at some point in every puzzle. What about a trophy for having a minimum skill level in every skill at the same time? I would say start at Respected - if you have every skill at Respected at once, you get a trophy. And then an additional trophy for each level above that.
[Jan 18, 2007 7:25:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peerage

Ive been redirected to this post as i was initially saying about having a record on info page about how many pillys you've been on and i also suggested a trophie/award if you reach say 500 pillys then a 1000 etc

be interested in your feedback

now where is the thread/link about when bnaving if you're jumping station to station shouldnt affect your stats - so unfair!!!
[Jan 19, 2007 7:28:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kalkia_dawn

I've seen a lot of great ideas on this thread (and some pretty mundane ones too)

Ones I liked:
The Memming trophey, I would love to see something like
Barnacle Bill - Memorized 50% of the known ocean
Old Salt - Memorized 75% of the known ocean
Neptune - Memorized 100% of the known ocean

or something like that. I think it's a fabulous idea since memorizing takes a lot of time and effort to do having to go back and forth, back and forth -_-

Also, gunning has the golden cannon, bilging as the golden crab... carpentry and sails need a trophey you get for doing something successfully.

Carpentry it's easy, a silver hammer, golden hammer, etc for doing X number of "Masterpiece"s. It can be just like the crab for bilging since making a masterpiece is fairly common but not -always- possible.

For sails perhaps it can just be clearing a certain number of boards.

----------------
The pillage tropie I'm not too certain about. Is that from start to finish? Running a pillage or just being on one? Number of ships you successfully beat? Eh.
----------------

I also think the greeters need a trophey. For greeters who put in a certain number of hours doing greeter duty. I know I try to do at least four hours every week but there are some greeters I see standing at the docks for HOURS on end helping folks out. I really think those who go to the pains of doing greenie pillages should be recognized.

----------------

Shop-a-holic Trophey. This one is a silly one I think would be interesting. This is for when you've spent more than 1,000,000 POE in shops. I think it would be interesting to see how long it takes people to get this one because I know I certain spend a TON on clothing and furniture.

------------------

Seller Trophey. This can be another scaled one for how many orders you've successfully completed. 10, 100, 1000 or whatever denomination makes most sense.
[Jan 19, 2007 2:02:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    11156457 [Link]  Go to top 
GraveCollins

The Declaration of War - a scroll with an imposing seal or something
This trophy to be given to all members of a flag who participate in a war (whether they sent the dec or returned it, but the dec must be returned for a state of active war). In fact, to make it more interesting (and prevent frivolous "wars" where both sides agree not to engage) maybe it should only be given if pirates engage the enemy or a minimum number of ships are sunk (so that people blockading would almost certainly get it, but people hunting one another on the high seas would really need to hunt).

That would be funny to watch all the wars that spring up just to get this trophy. XD
Gravey - Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
[Jan 19, 2007 8:15:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/buttcookies [Link]  Go to top 
ediblebob

Right
well i know a lot of people buy doubs, and
maybe some dont want others to know, but since you give the crew one shanghai cant be too bad

Well Buying Doubs is something to OMs encourage isnt it, so if they gave free gifts, prizes trinkets or trophys people could identitfy who buys doubs

Might be bettr with trinkets, hhmmm
cos then you could remove or show depending on whether your proud of not, but i like the sound of free gifts
I might buy some if i get a trophy and free gift

Buy some (more)
Ediblebob on
Viridian, Ice and Malachite
www.rumbeamscottage.co.uk
Simple way to earn free stuff, just by entering surveys!
So far, ive got $20 of amazon vouchers, works in all countries!
[Jan 20, 2007 7:36:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

Right
maybe some dont want others to know, but since you give the crew one shanghai cant be too bad

Well Buying Doubs is something to OMs encourage isnt it, so if they gave free gifts, prizes trinkets or trophys people could identitfy who buys doubs

cos then you could remove or show depending on whether your proud of not, but i like the sound of free gifts

Buy some (more)

I would much rather have a "You are a cheap bastard" trophy for those who havent paid or bought doubs. And get it removed once they do.
Damagon
[Jan 20, 2007 7:35:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shalo

Right

Buy some (more)

I would much rather have a "You are a cheap bastard" trophy for those who havent paid or bought doubs. And get it removed once they do.

Whether or not someone buys doubloons shouldn't be a fact that is openly given to the public.
Shalo - Meridian
Lanfear - Meridian, Emerald

[Jan 21, 2007 7:56:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1393   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates