• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1393
Posts: 1393   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 322528 times and has 1392 replies Next Thread
SD_BOILERMKR

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

actually... i always thought "nice set" was a lame bonus. why not an "efficient carping" bonus for using some of the more rare/exotic shapes to make a completion. (using a at least 4 or 5 I's, W's, Z's, for example)... something that requires more skill.
----------------------------------------
don't make me slap you with the back of me piratey, cartoon hand....
[Dec 9, 2006 4:32:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sjoerd2

actually... i always thought "nice set" was a lame bonus. why not an "efficient carping" bonus for using some of the more rare/exotic shapes to make a completion. (using a at least 4 or 5 I's, W's, Z's, for example)... something that requires more skill.

Couse that is not how carpenting works, such thing would encourage people to save spots for rare pieces who don't often come, and thus getting a lower score, letting the standing of people drop...
Sjoerd of Hunter
Senior Officer and Cartographer of 'Booty Calls'
Member of 'The Swarm'
[Dec 10, 2006 10:16:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smellypooo

Anyway, number of hands played/completed in poker?
Number of spicy's used in distilling?
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Faulkston at Feb 15, 2007 8:28:58 PM]
[Dec 12, 2006 6:43:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aur

Jade Teddy Bear - For Winning a Million Dollar pot in poker

You're just getting it out of the pot anyways.
~Aur
Original Riot Starter

"So now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The other half is HWFO." -Hermes
[Dec 15, 2006 2:34:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sironigous

Drop 1000 pieces in swordfighting? :P
And... Higher trophy levels from there. o_O
Zargy of the Viridian Ocean
Sironigous of Hunter
Takuto of Sage
[Dec 17, 2006 12:54:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
freddunkins

Drop 1000 pieces in swordfighting? :P
And... Higher trophy levels from there. o_O

and 1k balls in rumble, coins in TD, pieces in drinking, cards (0.o) in hearts/spades/poker.....?
Kevlar on Hunter
Former Captain of Southern Cross, Prince of Treasure Hunters. Died many months ago.
Reborn 3/5/08 and in the process of rebuilding my pirate
[Dec 17, 2006 6:19:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gust_9

True Acheivements:

Treason!: Collect all of a Brigand King's available trinkets.

Master Of The Trade: Acheive Ultimate/Sublime in a puzzle.

Unbreakable: Max an enemy's ship while no damage is dealt to yourself in 5 consecetive battles.

*Sarcasm* Acheivements! *Sarcasm*:

O Pilly?: Arrive in port after 3 pillages with a 0% profit rate or less each time. (At least 2 battles are required in each pillage)

Ya Pilly!: Same as above but have a maxed damage counter somewhere during the pillage

No Wai!: Same as above, but with both damage and bilge counter maxed

*Dead*: Same as No Wai!, but with the goods and PoE on the ship at the beginning of the pillage gone.

Note: You can mix the pillages that fits into 2 of the category to get the "lesser" trophy

E.g. 2 pillys that fits into O Pilly? and 1 pilly that fits into *Dead* can get you the O Pilly? trophy. Yay.
Arrrrmazing.
[Dec 18, 2006 8:57:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dravlid

Id like to see a trophy for battle nav. Have different stages. 100/500/1k/5k battles. Most battle navers get a little screwed in pillies, cause they dont have to or can not man a station.
People in cars cause Accidents....Accidents in cars cause People
[Dec 18, 2006 12:15:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CashCarStar

The Greg Norman: Place 2nd in five familiar tourneys without winning one
Festrunk - Viridian
[Dec 18, 2006 10:03:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sashamorning

O Pilly?: Arrive in port after 3 pillages with a 0% profit rate or less each time. (At least 2 battles are required in each pillage)

Ya Pilly!: Same as above but have a maxed damage counter somewhere during the pillage

No Wai!: Same as above, but with both damage and bilge counter maxed

*Dead*: Same as No Wai!, but with the goods and PoE on the ship at the beginning of the pillage gone.

All these would be achieved with one float between almost any two islands, if you put some limes and 10 poe in the coffers. So... bring it on!

~Sasha
Sashamorning - Fiery-haired, fiery-tempered, 100% me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shakespeare wrote: 
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Feb 15, 2007 9:05:58 PM]
[Dec 18, 2006 11:25:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gust_9

They're meant to be joke awards; only really dumb people would attempt to get them.
Arrrrmazing.
[Dec 19, 2006 8:37:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aenor

Adding to this thread because I guess people liked the idea best as a trophy, even if I'm not convinced that a trinket isn't more appropriate:

At the end of every YPP 24 hour period, award a trophy to the pirate who has done the Most Incredible duty puzzle league and the Most Incredible crafting puzzle session.

As with other trophies, they are upgradable if you meet the same criteria multiple times.
Mat on the Meridian Ocean

Thank you to everyone who loves Blacksmithing!
[Dec 19, 2006 11:43:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smellypooo

Adding to this thread because I guess people liked the idea best as a trophy, even if I'm not convinced that a trinket isn't more appropriate:

At the end of every YPP 24 hour period, award a trophy to the pirate who has done the Most Incredible duty puzzle league and the Most Incredible crafting puzzle session.

As with other trophies, they are upgradable if you meet the same criteria multiple times.

Or over the day, over the week, over a month? (Over a year is a bit OTT)
[Dec 19, 2006 1:03:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wippit

We have a trophy for killing skeletons, and trophys for acquiring skeleton skulls. Why not a trophy for winning the same trinket in a tournament more than once?

/wants to have the "I'm a Big Fruitcake" trophy.
[Dec 21, 2006 9:46:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetjuice

Well, first of all for carp Grain Bonus trophies are no good because people will carp badly JUST so they cna get the trophy and secondly Nice Set is ultra hard to get for High standing ranked player such as leg/ult because of harder (much bigger holes).

So my idea for the carp trophies is the hammers (much like the crabs. But it will take a while to get 100 master pieces to maybe my formula will speed it up?

For example if you get a Masterpiece5 that will be masterpiece1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +5 so this would equal 15points, instead of each masterpiece counting as one where that total would only be 5points.
~Sazzab, Sage Ocean
[Dec 23, 2006 1:15:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TuucciZ

For example if you get a Masterpiece5 that will be masterpiece1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +5 so this would equal 15points, instead of each masterpiece counting as one where that total would only be 5points.

So a Masterpiece^15 would be 120 points? Cooooool.

My suggestion is that you wouldn't get trophies for only being #1 in a puzzle. I think getting to top ten is good enough for a trophy.

- TuucciZ,
hanging around third and nineth place in shipwrightery.
Tuuc on Sage. Yes, I'm back.
Nemo wrote: 
I would like to send my heartfelt thanks to everyone who didn't post in this thread.

[Dec 23, 2006 3:08:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetjuice

Yes it would because 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14 = 120

Meaning it will maybe just take a bit longer then the crabs.
~Sazzab, Sage Ocean
[Dec 23, 2006 3:45:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yo_Daddy_

You get a award for being in a ship that sinks, why not one for being in a ship that sinks another ship?
[Dec 23, 2006 6:15:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Newman111

You get a award for being in a ship that sinks, why not one for being in a ship that sinks another ship?

Problem there is that more then one ship attacks one, and if one ship did say 99% of the damage then someone comes and Ks's it, the one who got the last shot would of won that trophy while the other ship who busted their butt gets zip :/. Trust me it happens on FPS games so it will happen on here sadly, maybe not as often, but some greedy naver in a blockade would take the kill off a ship who worked hard damage the ememy ship badly
Local Sager
Guy - Senior officer of: The Imperial Crusaders
Member of the flag: Eternal Glory

Yaye I've played this game for 1 year now
[Dec 24, 2006 5:35:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

That's not a very good scoring scheme.

Getting 100 masterpieces isnt hard at all. Any Ultimate can easily do that in 1-2 hours.

My average per puzzle is MP^10.

My girlfriend (a GM at carps) makes eventuals MP^3s.

Please, lets not make trophies so easy to get. Look what the silver crab trophy has become...
Damagon
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Feb 17, 2007 11:45:11 AM]
[Dec 25, 2006 10:24:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

Problem there is that more then one ship attacks one, and if one ship did say 99% of the damage then someone comes and Ks's it, the one who got the last shot would of won that trophy while the other ship who busted their butt gets zip :/. Trust me it happens on FPS games so it will happen on here sadly, maybe not as often, but some greedy naver in a blockade would take the kill off a ship who worked hard damage the ememy ship badly

That problem can be easily solved if the trophy is given only on PVPs and not on blockades.

It will also encourage more war battles!
Damagon
[Dec 25, 2006 10:27:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetjuice

That's not a very good scoring scheme.

Getting 100 masterpieces isnt hard at all. Any Ultimate can easily do that in 1-2 hours.

My average per puzzle is MP^10.

My girlfriend (a GM at carps) makes eventuals MP^3s.

Please, lets not make trophies so easy to get. Look what the silver crab trophy has become...

It actually would be 2x as slow as the crabs in most situations. But i admit it would be very easy for the ults, but we really cant afford to make it any harder for lower level carpers as you say yer gf is GM get a few MP3s here n there. Meaning she would have to get MP3 17 times which may take a while for a GM. and i hate seeing sublime/dist bilgers walking around with diamond crab but to get the hammers in carp you need to be more skillful.
~Sazzab, Sage Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Feb 17, 2007 11:48:39 AM]
[Dec 28, 2006 1:50:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Newman111

That problem can be easily solved if the trophy is given only on PVPs and not on blockades.

It will also encourage more war battles!

The person who asked about it though didn't metion what kind. I was only stating if it was in Blockades, I know it would be better use in PvPs, but he wasn't asking about it.
Local Sager
Guy - Senior officer of: The Imperial Crusaders
Member of the flag: Eternal Glory

Yaye I've played this game for 1 year now
[Dec 28, 2006 1:57:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetjuice

[quote][quote]
My suggestion is that you wouldn't get trophies for only being #1 in a puzzle. I think getting to top ten is good enough for a trophy.
[/quote]

But then everyone would try to collect all 10 trophies and would just be ridiculous.
~Sazzab, Sage Ocean
[Dec 29, 2006 2:46:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GraveCollins

Who would be the dev to send a PM to about a particularly evil trophy idea? I would post it here, but that would take the fun out of it should it ever be added.
Gravey - Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
[Dec 29, 2006 5:51:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/buttcookies [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

Who would be the dev to send a PM to about a particularly evil trophy idea? I would post it here, but that would take the fun out of it should it ever be added.

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
[Dec 29, 2006 9:23:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sjieg

Pillaging:

Stole a total amound of 100.000 poe:
- Something simular to: This Picture
Stole a Total amound of 750.000 poe:
Something simular to: This Picture
Stole a total amound of 2.500.000 poe:
Something Simular to: This picture
Stole a total amound of 10.000.000 poe:
Something like a "Golden flag with with a Sliver skull on it"
Pwnage is all u need...
UMF movie
~huggs Queenstown~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Feb 17, 2007 11:51:05 AM]
[Dec 30, 2006 9:51:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://members.lycos.nl/metalfleet [Link]  Go to top 
SeaPigeon

I think there should be a trophy for instakills in sf. Like the crabs trophy in bilge, you get a better one, the more insta' kills you do.

I dont know how hard this code would be to make, but i think it would be a good troophy to have.

SP.
..:: SeaPigeon on all Oceans ::..

Main Ocean: Viridian

SO of The Rum Rats
[Jan 2, 2007 9:21:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stewy5632

I think there should be a blackship trophy for getting all your stuff taken away by the black ship. I mean at least you could get something out of being dumb. I know I'd have one!

Leifwich

Viridian
[Jan 2, 2007 12:59:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
damagon

I think there should be a blackship trophy for getting all your stuff taken away by the black ship. I mean at least you could get something out of being dumb. I know I'd have one!

Leifwich

Viridian

The Black Ship is a punishment and therefore the less enchanting and rewarding it is , the better.

Last thing we want , is people attacking blue ships on purpose to get a stupid trophy.

If anything, a trophy should be given to the small blue boat being chased by a big red one.
Damagon
[Jan 3, 2007 5:59:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1393   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates