• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 323352 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
jamesey11

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

Due to popularity of citruns i think there should be a diamond/platinum cit trophy for 1000 cit wins possibly?
Also trophies for x amount of sinks in a certain SMH, such as Haunted boot for 50 sinks in HS, alike the soggy boot trophy but more specific.
I really like the sink idea because for me, having all injuries and the soggy boot trophy sinking is pointless and all i gain is a fish, does anyone like these ideas? :)
----------------------------------------
Yamam - Meridian

Hurtboss says, "ugh and I really gotta go take a s**t before I explode"

~ Avatar by Scythera ~
[Jul 23, 2013 11:53:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyand

I think it would be great to add Diamond trophies for Brigand Kings, it's too easy to win 25 battles for the gold (which is the last one) and there should be some more like 200 for a diamond to show who is a real bk hunt, like ship trophies for pillages... 1250 for a diamond trophy.

Also trophies for rigging and patching would be great.

Trophies for buying black/gold boxes are welcome too I guess; people would buy them more if they like trophies; like a trophy for 1st, 10th 100th box bought.

Trophies for flotilla please :3, people would go there more often then, it's the only activity on the sea which doesn't reward you with any trophy. (except tokens and puzzle trophies)
[Sep 10, 2013 6:50:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Also trophies forpatching would be great.

I'd love something for flawless masterpieces, similar to the carpentry grain bonuses? 100/2000/5000/20000? Or maybe higher since it's easier to make FMPs than grain bonuses.

Trophies for buying black/gold boxes are welcome too I guess; people would buy them more if they like trophies; like a trophy for 1st, 10th 100th box bought.

Agreed, with the high trinket spawn rate I'd like more of an incentive to purchase black/gold boxes. This would do it for me.

Trophies for flotilla please :3, people would go there more often then, it's the only activity on the sea which doesn't reward you with any trophy. (except tokens and puzzle trophies)

Flotillas could use a little more attention. Although they pay quite nicely, without the chest lottery and trophies they just aren't as fun as Atlantis. Trophies for sinks (NOT trinkets--we have enough of those) would encourage more people to run and job for flotillas.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmpressTamar at Sep 11, 2013 7:20:19 PM]
[Sep 10, 2013 6:03:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistivz

Hmm maybe this is an ocean master personal task but hmm

Maybe a trophy for having the most poe in that ocean...
Pzzl
#Can'tStopWontStop #MileyCirussTwerrrk
[Sep 11, 2013 6:31:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Maybe a trophy for having the most poe in that ocean...

It's a trophy that only one person will end up with... unlikely to change much. I mean, how many people are capable of getting 200+ million?
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Sep 11, 2013 7:09:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

That's stupid, that's only 1mil. And it's basically the old salt trophy. If we're doing this crap, 100th, 1000th, 10000th.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by icelord161 at Sep 11, 2013 8:44:57 PM]
[Sep 11, 2013 8:43:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistivz

Exactly!! Some people who have absolutly no lifes and any family to comtact with can. The most ive seen was like 89m
Pzzl
#Can'tStopWontStop #MileyCirussTwerrrk
[Sep 13, 2013 7:27:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
DANHOGAN145

If you get a Royal flush and win you should win a trophy...Id also like some more distinct parlor game trophies for treasure drop, poker, hearts, spades, etc.
Viridius~on the Viridian ocean
[Jan 11, 2014 2:14:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arke1

I love trophies so I am going to share my suggestions.

Their needs to be more trophies for carousing. We have trophies for ranks, but that is about it.

I suggest that for drinking there should be a trophy for taking drinks such as a trophy for drinking 100/1000/10,000

For poker we got the 1 mil trophy. However there should be more for winning a certain amount of hands 100/1000/10,000

For treasure drop there should be one for all the coins you have dropped. T he amount will be higher 500/5000/20,000

Hearts and spades will be for winning hands.

Along with the carousing trophies there will also be crafting trophies.

Alchemist for filling bottles
Foraging for crates hauled
I can't think for the other crafting puzzles at the moment.

We also need a bigger kraken blood
Diamond for BK
We also need a iron spool and steel spool for patching.
Lastly, we need crew trophies or at least award the captain of the crew a special trophy.
Monarch and flag trophies would be cool too!
And having a trophy for being admiral, governor, and king/queen would be cool. I will help design these just so we can have them.
[Apr 10, 2014 3:49:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Diletto

We also need a iron spool and steel spool for patching.

Actually, these have been implemented, if Forculus' one time "booch" on his Ice Ocean trophy page is to be believed.

The fact that nobody has yet encountered them in game may be because the triggers for the Iron/Steel trophies are still unknown (and may even be broken, without us knowing).
Diletto of Cerulean's Black Flag Inc.
[Apr 10, 2014 8:09:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robyand

Piracy trophies
- Patching: for a certain number of grommets used; eg: 500/2000/10000 etc (everyone can use them, no need skill to do that so everyone can get this be playing)

Carousing trophies
- Drinking: number of points gain in time, like 5000/50000/100000 etc. (again, you only have to play this, no matter if you are skilled or not)
- Hearts: number of Queens or hearts you pass or take
- Treasure Drop: similar to drinking, number of points: 1000/5000/25000 and so on

Crafting trophies
- Distilling: number of spicy wasted or used
- Alchemistry: Number of bottles filled (or number of tubes used)
- Shipwrightery: number of Iron pieces used

As you can see, these suggestions would match for everyone who only plays the game, no matter how good they are, they still can get them. Plus it will make people play more carousing and crafting puzzles.

Other trophies
- More trophies for portraits, 10 is to easy. 10/50/200
- Ci trophy: more trophies for frenetic forages. 1 is too easy and too fast. give more for 100/1000, that will encourage people (trophy hunters) to goin them more
- Flotilla trophies
[Apr 13, 2014 3:18:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Beliefs4

There should be a trophy, which requires 10 dragons. It shall be named Dragon Swag. I shall obtain it. I shall rule the world.
[May 5, 2014 7:31:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ordell

1st insta trophy?
[Jul 4, 2014 2:29:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Getting four eggs in a single entry.
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Aug 20, 2014 7:01:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Sinking tentacles.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Aug 21, 2014 9:50:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
totalWombat

Rowboat sinks
Aussiebob of Emerald
[Aug 21, 2014 8:36:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I want a trophy for tentacles sunk. And/or tentacles hit by a harpoon.
[Feb 13, 2015 11:42:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Since already there's been so many trophies for collecting any chest/egg in krakens, I do like the idea for harpoon hits to bring harpoons more into it but I feel there should be a Diamond Kraken Head (if this has been posted before I do apologize) for around 3000-4000 kills since there is a big gap between the last 2 chest trophies 1000-10000, since people I've been on kraken runs have refused to bomb so much, because its all about egg, egg ,egg lol.

But the Boom Headshot trophy doesn't take that long if your famliar to krakening, with this Diamond Kraken Head (or whatever u wish to call it) will add extra determination and popularity into bombing in Krakens.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Jul 17, 2015 10:50:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silverdream

Make a ranking of the trophies. I explain my idea for the kraken hunt.

For example, if y click on the gold bomber trophy show the ranking of the first ten gold bomber. Make the same with silver and bronce bomber. So y have a new challenge in the game for many ppl. To be the best gold or silver or bronce bomber in the kraken! Make this also with egg and ink trophies.

What are y thinking about this?
Platia - Captain of Kraken Hunt - Monarch of Kraken Down (Emerald)

Platia - Captain of Kraken Hunt (Obsidian)

Platia - Senior Officer of Lords of Darkness - Monarch of Dark Shadows (Opal)

------

Platia on all other oceans!
[Nov 7, 2015 10:20:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Make a ranking of the trophies. I explain my idea for the kraken hunt.

For example, if y click on the gold bomber trophy show the ranking of the first ten gold bomber. Make the same with silver and bronce bomber. So y have a new challenge in the game for many ppl. To be the best gold or silver or bronce bomber in the kraken! Make this also with egg and ink trophies.

What are y thinking about this?

How do you define "best"? If you and I both have the Boom! Headshot trophy (Gold Kraken head bombing), who is "better"? The person who got it first? What about for trophies like "Broad Sailor"? Which of all the pirates on the ocean is the "best Broad Sailor"? Or who is the "best Driftwood?" The idea makes me think of some funny competitions - who would want to be the best "Hair of the Dog"? ;) The idea is interesting, but, other than puzzles, there really isn't a good way to rank it.

EDIT TO ADD:
This got me thinking - When new trophies are released, I think there should be a bronze/silver/gold trophy for being one of the first 100/25/5 pirates (on any ocean) to have earned a new trophy. (Note: There is only ONE of these trophies. If you are the first one to earn Diamond GF, then you become the first to earn Transcendent Battle Navigator, you only get the bronze/silver/gold trophies once. Also note that earning the gold would automatically get you the lower two if they weren't already earned).
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Nov 8, 2015 10:27:31 PM]
[Nov 8, 2015 10:19:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Not saying it'd be a practical idea, but you could rank them by the number of whatever the trigger is.

Driftwood would obviously be difficult, but best soggy boot = most sinks. Best broad would be the person closest to the next tier. Best gold bomber = most kraken killed.

Perhaps a better way to do it would be only allow rankings for the top tier of each trophy. No top bronze bomber or top broad sails, but top transcendent sails and top gold bomber for instance.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

[Nov 8, 2015 10:52:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

That would only really achieve finding out who has the most free time. A sub-par gold bomber with no life would end up ranking above a consistently good gold bomber who can only play for a few entries each day. Most =/= best.

EDIT TO ADD:
This got me thinking - When new trophies are released, I think there should be a bronze/silver/gold trophy for being one of the first 100/25/5 pirates (on any ocean) to have earned a new trophy. (Note: There is only ONE of these trophies. If you are the first one to earn Diamond GF, then you become the first to earn Transcendent Battle Navigator, you only get the bronze/silver/gold trophies once. Also note that earning the gold would automatically get you the lower two if they weren't already earned).

That would make me want to wait before earning trophies, sure some would love it, but to me its just more trophy spam.
~Princessmg~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Crazymg at Nov 8, 2015 11:15:15 PM]
[Nov 8, 2015 11:09:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

How do you define "best"? If you and I both have the Boom! Headshot trophy (Gold Kraken head bombing), who is "better"? The person who got it first?

I think what he was saying is having a ranking of "most" and not "best", since trophies have often a "number trigger" this could be done by creating a Top Trophy with those, in this example, who bombed the kraken head the most. This would probably motivate those who achieved a last tier trophy since a long time but would still like to be one of the "best" with that trophy. This would be actually quite interesting for some trophies.

This would actually be something like the "experience" ranking, where the top player has the "best (Most amount of time playing the puzzle)" trascendent experience.

EDIT: Oups someone already replied.

That would only really achieve finding out who has the most free time. A sub-par gold bomber with no life would end up ranking above a consistently good gold bomber who can only play for a few entries each day. Most =/= best.

This
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Maitredodo at Nov 9, 2015 12:38:25 AM]
[Nov 9, 2015 12:35:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Well as there is really no other way to rank skill in many of these areas, that's what you're stuck with.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

[Nov 9, 2015 1:58:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Not really, pillaging Bnav still gets ranked although it is a lot simpler than kraken bnav. Although with most not meaning best, probably the better way to rank fray trophies would turn out being too much like the sea battle ratings.
~Princessmg~
[Nov 9, 2015 2:50:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maitredodo

Not really, pillaging Bnav still gets ranked although it is a lot simpler than kraken bnav. Although with most not meaning best, probably the better way to rank fray trophies would turn out being too much like the sea battle ratings.

Bnav ranking is one of those ranking which is broken, eg. you can still get ult if you get everytime max-max (Only if it were double broadside shots), from my personal experience it's not a "trustworthy" rank which indicates the real skill of a person. Therefore there are some players out there who have the Ultimate Bnaver Trophy without even knowing Whirls correctly.

Now that I thought about it the players who would be in this "Trophy Ranking" would actually always be the same: those who play the most (Related to the trophy), example of the experience ranking. Therefore it isn't a change which would affect most of the players, aka unimportant (Although still interesting if it could be done without taking the time of Devs from other stuff)
Masterdodo on Opal/Emerald
Atlantis, what else?
[Nov 9, 2015 3:24:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Normal bnav ranking system can't simply be transferred to kraken though, so if it were to be implemented it would hopefully be changed enough to no longer be broken.

As much as being able to distinguish good players with trophies from the not so good would be great, ranking any kind of trophy probably is a bad idea.
~Princessmg~
[Nov 9, 2015 11:49:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Bump (of almost a year, wow!)

I'm aware that some of these have been mentioned, but I'm putting them all in one list for the sake of completeness.

Diamond/4th tier trophies for:
* Skellie/Werewolf/Zombie wins/trinkets
* League Points traveled (Deck Hand)
* Chests dug in foraging expeditions (though for all we know, this one might already exist)
* BK wins.
* KB/Monkey wins
* Atlantis/CI/HS trophies (Archelon/Citadel/Gorgonyx/Triketos/Forager/CI Frays/Ghost ships/Graveyards)
* Possibly for Reputation (move existing trophies down a tier, add new fourth tier at Illustrious)
* Gold nuggets foraged (3rd tier too)
Honestly, for most things. It bugs me that most trophies have 4 tiers, but these few have only 3. Additionally, since these are all straight-up counting trophies (except for reputation), if new trophies are implemented, they should be able to use the existing counts, and insta-award (on login) to those who meet the criteria. For Reputation, if a fourth tier is added, it would be possible to transfer existing trophies (if you have bronze now, you auto-have silver after change). For pirates who have none of the trophies, they would have to get back up to Renowned reputation to get bronze (which isn't too difficult for most categories).

The only category I specifically excluded is token trophies, due to the fact that, in my opinion, these third tier trophies take more effort than any other third tier trophies, by a significant margin.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Oct 5, 2016 6:41:34 AM]
[Oct 5, 2016 6:31:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Bump (of almost a year, wow!)

Diamond/4th tier trophies for:
* Skellie/Werewolf/Zombie wins/trinkets
* League Points traveled (Deck Hand)
* Chests dug in foraging expeditions (though for all we know, this one might already exist)
* BK wins.
* KB/Monkey wins
* Atlantis/CI/HS trophies (Archelon/Citadel/Gorgonyx/Triketos/Forager/CI Frays/Ghost ships/Graveyards)
* Possibly for Reputation (move existing trophies down a tier, add new fourth tier at Illustrious)
* Gold nuggets foraged (3rd tier too)
Honestly, for most things. It bugs me that most trophies have 4 tiers, but these few have only 3. Additionally, since these are all straight-up counting trophies (except for reputation), if new trophies are implemented, they should be able to use the existing counts, and insta-award (on login) to those who meet the criteria. For Reputation, if a fourth tier is added, it would be possible to transfer existing trophies (if you have bronze now, you auto-have silver after change). For pirates who have none of the trophies, they would have to get back up to Renowned reputation to get bronze (which isn't too difficult for most categories).

The only category I specifically excluded is token trophies, due to the fact that, in my opinion, these third tier trophies take more effort than any other third tier trophies, by a significant margin.

Thank you!!!
I second the suggestion here! Would LOVE to have diamond for Cits and Brain-sucker/Bone-head Frays and such, lol.
Edit: AND BK's!!!
Finius is WAY too easy, lol!
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gunnerfreak at Oct 5, 2016 6:43:01 AM]
[Oct 5, 2016 6:39:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Could we please get more foraging trophies?

For example : foraging at least one of every type of each size, 100 or 500/1000 of each size/type of fruit, etc?

all 1x1 fruits, 2x2 fruits and 3x2 gems?

Gem connoisseur : Foraged one of every type of gem

(You could also have trophies for selling gems to markets)

would like these because ive been trying to get the 2nd tier gold trophy, and by my count am above 100 total, still hasnt triggered. Have gotten alot of 2 and 3 gems in one forage, made me start thinking.

Also for a Cerulean inside joke : trophy for pillaging limes from brigs/barbs...
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jun 27, 2017 11:53:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | Previous Page | 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates